pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #26
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I am very pleased to see so many people donate to the shelters and rescues! Great thread!
So am I. And that's why I have, as you'll noticed, altered it a bit. Initially I didn't think of it this way, in terms of regular, on-going donations. While my giveaway didn't cause people to make those decisions, I think they deserve a chance at the auto just as much, if not more, than a person who might decide to make a single donation because of this thread. And, as you pointed out, it is bringing attention to the generosity of the people around us and at the same time raising awareness, which may, I hope, inspire others to do something similar. Either way, this is all a win-win in my eyes.

I sincerely appreciate all the things that have been mentioned so far. I love it, actually. Thank you all.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #27
Soonerfan65

Awesome thing u are doing; we donate to our local pet rescue a handful of times each year because they do wonderful work with very little funding and they were responsible for saving the dog that became my best friend almost 4 years ago.
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 PM   #28
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravezfan4life View Post
Griffin Pond Animal Shelter clarks summit pa does this count we also sometimes go up and walk the dogs
ANY animal shelter is fine, of course. Is this a place you have or will donate to, or is this something you do on a volunteer basis, like you mentioned (walking the dogs)?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #29
HadWayTooMuch
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
So am I. And that's why I have, as you'll noticed, altered it a bit. Initially I didn't think of it this way, in terms of regular, on-going donations. While my giveaway didn't cause people to make those decisions, I think they deserve a chance at the auto just as much, if not more, than a person who might decide to make a single donation because of this thread. And, as you pointed out, it is bringing attention to the generosity of the people around us and at the same time raising awareness, which may, I hope, inspire others to do something similar. Either way, this is all a win-win in my eyes.

I sincerely appreciate all the things that have been mentioned so far. I love it, actually. Thank you all.
Assuming I'm eligible, if I win, I will be putting it on ebay and giving 100% of the proceeds (I'll pay the fees myself) to Chicagoland Eskie Rescue! They do great work!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #30
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
Assuming I'm eligible, if I win, I will be putting it on ebay and giving 100% of the proceeds (I'll pay the fees myself) to Chicagoland Eskie Rescue! They do great work!
You were added to the list as soon as you posted the first time. And your gesture is awesome. Many thanks.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #31
Soonerfan65

Just made a 50 donation tonight to the Henryetta Animal Aid & Rescue Team (H.A.A.R.T.) and if i win the Bryant i will sell the card on ebay and donate all the funds to them. They are great people that work miracles with what little funding they have. If u have time please check out their facebook page to see some of the work they have done in our small town. Thank u. John U
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:53 AM   #32
shanks25

I'm a huge supporter or wild animals and their habitat.

I'm a member of the following:

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Wild Sheep Foundation

Ducks Unlimited

Nevada Bighorns Unlimited

Trout Unlimited

I'd wager a guess that I've contributed as much if not more than anyone in this thread this past year. Two weeks ago I donated more than $400 at WSF alone.

I'm a huge supporter of wild animals and the habitat they rely upon.
shanks25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #33
Big35Hurt

This thread keeps on delivering! I am glad to see so many of our BO members involved with animal causes in some way. Keep up the good work everyone!

If I win, I have decided to split up the proceeds 4 ways, and round up from my own money. The causes I am involved in or will donate to are:

Every Dog Counts Rescue out of Indianapolis
Hoping Fur a Home here in Wisconsin
Dane County Humane Society here in Wisconsin
L.E.A.R.N. which covers Wisconsin and northern Illinois

So if the card sells for $250, I'd round it up to $300 and send $75 to each on top of the donations/rescue transports I already do. This thread has made me start thinking about selling some of the cards I don't really want and donating some of the proceeds as well.

Last edited by Big35Hurt; 02-16-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:13 AM   #34
savepolarbears

Look at my name.

I support WWF and their Adopt a Polar Bear scheme.
savepolarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #35
Orange October

Great contest. I usually donate to Animal Rescue Foundation (Tony LaRussa supports them a lot) since I adopted my dog and cat there. My sister also got her two cats there, and my other sister got two dogs. I just made another small donation for the contest though. I'll shoot you the paypal receipt! Thanks!

Last edited by Orange October; 02-16-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Orange October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #36
jusdukky

We are on our third adopted greyhound and donate to the local humane society. I also donate to Ducks Unlimited. If I'm in and I win I will be donating the profits as well. Cool deal you're doing.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #37
HadWayTooMuch
Banned

Need to bring this back to the top!
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #38
dlab85

I don't usually post on here much anymore, but I am glad to have stumbled across this thread! If I win, I would sell the card and divide it up amongst the following charities.

My wife and I usually donate to a few different charities, but for the purposes of this I will be donating to

Broken Tail Rescue of Worcester, MA. They helped us out this past week, when the weather was -30 with wind chill, and we had a stray cat that my wife had been taking care of for the past year or so. We did not want to let it stay outside for record setting cold, so we were able to capture it (very shy cat) and bring it in our house for the night. Broken Tail was able to help our friend out (we have 3 cats and could not keep it) and start the search to find him a home.

If I were to win, I would also divide the proceeds up amongst -

Farm Sanctuary - You may have heard of this one with Jon Stewart and his wife becoming affiliated with them. The CEO and founder of this charity was the inspiration for my wife and I to go vegan about a year ago, which is partially hilarious because I don't think I ate a vegetable for my first 25 years on earth!

Sweetpea For Animals Shelter - This shelter is about 10 minutes from my house and sadly burned down in November. Most of the animals perished, but we have donated recently to help them rebuild.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #39
dlab85

I've also decided to sweeten the pot to maybe encourage others to jump in. Thanks to Dennis for allowing me to jump in on his awesome contest!

I'm putting this up for 2nd place in the random...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img317.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	320637  

Old 02-18-2016, 09:51 AM   #40
TrueNE_09

Bumping this up to keep eyes on it.

I want to extend a very sincere thanks to dlab85; this is a very, very generous gesture on his part, and something that was completely unexpected. I really appreciate the contribution to the giveaway and think that it certainly does "sweeten the pot" so to speak. Now we have an awesome item for two people...first and second prize!

Again, very generous and thoughtful, and I sincerely appreciate it. And more importantly, I applaud you (and all the others) for all the care you give to animals and the organizations that help them. As I told you, I made a donation to Sweet Pea when they had their fire. Very heart-breaking, but I hope they can rebuild stronger and better than before.

Thanks everyone, it really means so much to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I don't usually post on here much anymore, but I am glad to have stumbled across this thread! If I win, I would sell the card and divide it up amongst the following charities.

My wife and I usually donate to a few different charities, but for the purposes of this I will be donating to

Broken Tail Rescue of Worcester, MA. They helped us out this past week, when the weather was -30 with wind chill, and we had a stray cat that my wife had been taking care of for the past year or so. We did not want to let it stay outside for record setting cold, so we were able to capture it (very shy cat) and bring it in our house for the night. Broken Tail was able to help our friend out (we have 3 cats and could not keep it) and start the search to find him a home.

If I were to win, I would also divide the proceeds up amongst -

Farm Sanctuary - You may have heard of this one with Jon Stewart and his wife becoming affiliated with them. The CEO and founder of this charity was the inspiration for my wife and I to go vegan about a year ago, which is partially hilarious because I don't think I ate a vegetable for my first 25 years on earth!

Sweetpea For Animals Shelter - This shelter is about 10 minutes from my house and sadly burned down in November. Most of the animals perished, but we have donated recently to help them rebuild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I've also decided to sweeten the pot to maybe encourage others to jump in. Thanks to Dennis for allowing me to jump in on his awesome contest!

I'm putting this up for 2nd place in the random...

Old 02-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #41
TrueNE_09

BUMP this up. Only about a week left. Lots of great participants so far. And now we have two awesome cards to give away, so there will be multiple winners! Anyone else interested in participating?
Old 02-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #42
ark8085

Great idea. I donated to sweetpea animal shelter that burnt down and only a few animals survived.
ark8085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #43
donaldz
Banned

This is absolutely amazing. If you're not cash rich, the Humane Society, which I think is basically the ASPCA, is always looking for volunteers. If you're 18, and commit to 2! TWO! II! hours a week (or more, that's just one shift per week) for a minimum of 3 months, you can really help them out. At minimum wage that's like donating 350 bucks!

Also, all donations are still tax deductible!
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 AM   #44
eddy337

Just about to start my 2nd year of donating to the ASPCA, 20 per month. Wish I would have started sooner. Great contest.

edit-Also forgot that my gf never wants gifts from my family for her bday or Xmas, all she asks is that we donate to The Lion Whisperer in her honor. Great cause and fight against canned hunting(bastards). I would also donate between the ASPCA and Lion Whisperer if I were to win. Thanks.

Last edited by eddy337; 02-22-2016 at 01:21 AM.
eddy337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #45
dlab85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark8085 View Post
Great idea. I donated to sweetpea animal shelter that burnt down and only a few animals survived.
So sad. They always used to bring their adoptable animals to the local Petsmarts in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldz View Post
This is absolutely amazing. If you're not cash rich, the Humane Society, which I think is basically the ASPCA, is always looking for volunteers. If you're 18, and commit to 2! TWO! II! hours a week (or more, that's just one shift per week) for a minimum of 3 months, you can really help them out. At minimum wage that's like donating 350 bucks!

Also, all donations are still tax deductible!
The tax deduction was a nice perk on my taxes last year. It was the first year I really kept up with my charitable donations and it was a nice little bonus this year at tax time!

Old 02-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #46
gingerscards
Banned

It is nice to see so many willing to give. We are members/givers for animals, we also donate to other charities like cancer research,shriners,St Jude Childens and a couple of others

ASPCA
Save the Tigers ( only 300 or so in the wild left)
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #47
ark8085

Can I donate a card for 3rd place?
If so I'd like to donate this sweet Timmy 11/24[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-23-2016, 07:58 PM   #48
TrueNE_09

Wow! OK, you guys. We are locked and loaded now. That's so nice of you, and what an awesome addition. Really, thanks so much.

OK, so now we have prizes for the top 3 winners. Awesome.

Let's keep the momentum going on this. Tons of really generous folks doing great things for animals.

Also, I've checked in with Blowout to see if I can get a mod to run the random for us. I want to make sure everyone involved knows everything is fair. I'll let you know what happens. More to come.

Thanks again to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark8085 View Post
Can I donate a card for 3rd place?
If so I'd like to donate this sweet Timmy 11/24[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #49
QuinEarlyDoucet

Bump!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #50
ark8085

Bump this up... Let's go guys, support the animals and who knows... Good karma might come your way.