Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bk pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
btmcrushers

Default What do BO Members think it would take: Yelich, Realmuto and Prado to the ATL for ??

Well with the Marlins apparently willing to trade Yelich and Realmuto and the Braves being interested and a good match, I'm curious to see what the BO community thinks it would take to pull off a blockbuster.

Making the following assumptions what would it take in your opinion?

- Braves take Prado's contract to offset the cost of prospects
- Markakis goes back to Miami, basically for free (Marlins need warm bodies)
- One of Flowers or Suzuki go back to Miami, basically for free (warm bodies again)
- Acuna and Gohara are non-starters
- Kade Scivicque and / or Alex Jackson are included in the return since they would now be blocked by JT
- Braves offset some of the large increase in payroll by trading McCarthy and Kazmir for salary relief at the deadline (plus whatever Miami picks up on Markakis and Flowers/Suzuki)

Few of my thoughts:
- It probably takes 4-5 top guys to get a deal done
- Austin Riley might be expendable if this deal happens. Braves would have all spots but 3B locked up in 2019 assuming everyone plays up to par. With approximately 60M to spend (had roughly 80M adding 20M in 2019 for Yelich and Prado) they could easily get a 3B and someone like Greinke or another starter.
- Having the money to spend in 2019 and only needing a 3B and a few starters makes them more willing to part with close to MLB pitchers (Allard, Wright, Soroka, Fried)
- Braves probably shop Teheran at the deadline to recoup prospects

My proposal:

CY/JT/MP for 2 of Allard/Soroka/Wright/Anderson + Riley + Fried + Alex Jackson + 2 of Sims/Ruiz/Blair/Wisler (fillers) + Markakis + Flowers/Suzuki

Basically 3 players plus salary relief for 2 players & 7 prospects, 4 of which are in the top 100 and one who could be by mid-season.

Braves 2019 Lineup
C - JT
1B - FF
2B - Albies
3B - Machado / Beltre / Headley / Donaldson
SS - Swanson
LF - Yelich
CF - Ender
RF - Acuna
Bench - McCann, Adams, Tucker, Culberson, Kade
SP 1 - Grienke
SP 2 - Gohara
SP 3 - Folty
SP 4 - Newcomb
SP 5 - Whoever is left and ready out of Allard/Soroka/Wright
Bullpen - Minter, Ramirez, Morris, Viz, Whitley, Winkler + 1

What do you think??

Always looking for nice Atlanta Braves & Falcons cards. As well as UGA Football and Calvin Johnson & Demaryius Thomas in GT uniform.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:39 AM   #2
JackThree

Trading with a division rival with this type of a trade, unlikely. Now if it's Prado for a no name prospect or two, sure I can see that.
JackThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:47 AM   #3
Anderdale

I would love Prado back in a Braves uniform. nostalgia
Old 12-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
blackandgold

I wouldnít even talk unless Acuna would be in the conservation
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
Stech36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
I wouldn’t even talk unless Acuna would be in the conservation
Braves hang up the phone the second Acuna’s name is mentioned

If there’s one prosect that should be overvalued, it’s him.
Stech36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #6
blackandgold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stech36 View Post
Braves hang up the phone the second Acunaís name is mentioned

If thereís one prosect that should be overvalued, itís him.
Weíre talking 3 proven MLB players with Yelich on the hook for cheap and Realmuto controllable for 3 more years Throw in Prado thatís value my friend
Old 12-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #7
bdsparty32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stech36 View Post
Braves hang up the phone the second Acunaís name is mentioned

If thereís one prosect that should be overvalued, itís him.
Marlins hang up the phone as soon as they hear OPs offer. Theyíd be crazy to trade Yelich and Realmuto together and not get back a top 10 prospect as the headliner.
bdsparty32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:22 AM   #8
letsgocapitals

Realmuto will be a National.
letsgocapitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #9
Stech36

Quote:
Weíre talking 3 proven MLB players with Yelich on the hook for cheap and Realmuto controllable for 3 more years Throw in Prado thatís value my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsparty32 View Post
Marlins hang up the phone as soon as they hear OPs offer. Theyíd be crazy to trade Yelich and Realmuto together and not get back a top 10 prospect as the headliner.
I agree with you guys that those players are worth a ton. If the Braves were a couple good players away from contention it might be a different story. But Acunaís ceiling is too high for a team like the Braves to have any business trading him.
Stech36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #10
Darth Bryzzo
Inactive Account

At this point, Jeter might as well just take a handful of magic beans for what's left of the ML talent on his roster, and call it a day.
Darth Bryzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #11
btmcrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsparty32 View Post
Proposal was for 2 of these guys, who are only going to continue to rise considering their age

+ 3 guys who I would imagine are just outside the top 100 (Riley, Jackson, Fried)

Not sure that is exactly "hang up the phone" territory.

Always looking for nice Atlanta Braves & Falcons cards. As well as UGA Football and Calvin Johnson & Demaryius Thomas in GT uniform.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #12
btmcrushers

Quote:
I would think throwing in Prado negates some of that value given what he makes, but it is what Jeter is trying to accomplish.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #13
tkraft24

No way Yelich gets dealt without Acuna or Albies, thereís just no way.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #14
blackandgold

If Atlanta is serious about this trade donít see how you wouldnít trade Acuna and couple others for Yelich and Realmuto. Acuna at best right now would be equivalent to Yelich about a .290 hitter with moderate power. Realmuto is where the value comes in. A backstop controllable for 3 more years Heís right behind Posey for me as far as catchers. Prado would be a starting 3rd baseman for this team at least this year Your getting tons of value production and leadership in this deal for prospects Itís a no brainer for me
Old 12-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #15
marlinsmaniac20

IF acuna and riley aren't in it I don't want it

If you need to repost your "quicksale" 3 times, it's not a quicksale
marlinsmaniac20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #16
34JacktheRipper

IMO, for Yelich, Realmuto and Prado, here's what it would take:

2 of Allard, Wright, Wright or Soroka
Christian Pache
Either Austin Riley or Drew Waters AND Joey Wentz

I think it could get done without Acuna or Albies. That being said, Miami would need to get 3 guys currently in the top 100, plus some other high upside, younger prospects.

I blog about baseball!https://insidethechattersbox.blogspot.com/
34JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #17
tkraft24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34JacktheRipper View Post
IMO, for Yelich, Realmuto and Prado, here's what it would take:

2 of Allard, Wright, Wright or Soroka
Christian Pache
Either Austin Riley or Drew Waters AND Joey Wentz

I think it could get done without Acuna or Albies. That being said, Miami would need to get 3 guys currently in the top 100, plus some other high upside, younger prospects.
I don’t know man, being a top 100 prospect doesn’t exactly mean much. The majority of top 100 guys end up being busts. I remember looking back at the Cleveland Indians drafting woes in between CC Sabathia and Jason Kipnis, a decade or so. It was a misreable run of failed draft picks but all the while the organization had 4-5 guys in the top 100 every single year!

Yelich is an elite player with years of cheap control and should definitely command a blue chip prospect and then some just by himself.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
34JacktheRipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkraft24 View Post
I donít know man, being a top 100 prospect doesnít exactly mean much. The majority of top 100 guys end up being busts. I remember looking back at the Cleveland Indians drafting woes in between CC Sabathia and Jason Kipnis, a decade or so. It was a misreable run of failed draft picks but all the while the organization had 4-5 guys in the top 100 every single year!

Yelich is an elite player with years of cheap control and should definitely command a blue chip prospect and then some just by himself.
I agree that the ranking is just a number. But more times than not, the guys in the top 100 have a better chance of becoming impact big leaguers. They're ranked highly because obviously they have a high talent level.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
tkraft24

Quote:
I agree that the ranking is just a number. But more times than not, the guys in the top 100 have a better chance of becoming impact big leaguers. They're ranked highly because obviously they have a high talent level.

Without that blue chip, ďcanít missĒ type guy it seems extremely unlikely for a team to part with 2 AS caliber players with years of cheap control. Young, cheap position players are the gold standard in MLB.

If Iím not mistaken, a position player like Yelich being traded at this point in his contract is unprecedented in recent history. Or can you think of any similar examples?
Old 12-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #20
34JacktheRipper

Quote:
Without that blue chip, ďcanít missĒ type guy it seems extremely unlikely for a team to part with 2 AS caliber players with years of cheap control. Young, cheap position players are the gold standard in MLB.

If Iím not mistaken, a position player like Yelich being traded at this point in his contract is unprecedented in recent history. Or can you think of any similar examples?
You are correct in saying that this would be unprecedented. I can't think of a deal where a player like Yelich was moved with a contract like his.

However, looking at the Marlins and how they seemingly settled for Stanton and also Ozuna (they got a little more in terms of player value but definitely less than they should have IMO), I think they would jump at the offer I proposed.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #21
tkraft24

Quote:
You are correct in saying that this would be unprecedented. I can't think of a deal where a player like Yelich was moved with a contract like his.

However, looking at the Marlins and how they seemingly settled for Stanton and also Ozuna (they got a little more in terms of player value but definitely less than they should have IMO), I think they would jump at the offer I proposed.

I donít know, the financials of those 2 players were completely different. Ozuna was up for a big pay increase this year and most likely again next year in his last year of arbitration. 5 years of Yelich, cost-controlled, is a way different story. So while everyone is licking their chops after the Stanton and Ozuna deals, I think itís wishful thinking in regards to a Yelich trade.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #22
awz50

Quote:
I donít know man, being a top 100 prospect doesnít exactly mean much. The majority of top 100 guys end up being busts. I remember looking back at the Cleveland Indians drafting woes in between CC Sabathia and Jason Kipnis, a decade or so. It was a misreable run of failed draft picks but all the while the organization had 4-5 guys in the top 100 every single year!

I agree with this...

though I think acuna is one of those guys that should be overvalued.
awz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #23
tkraft24

Quote:
Originally Posted by awz50 View Post
though I think acuna is one of those guys that should be overvalued.
Thatís probably why the trade doesnít make sense. But if Iím trying to win, Iíll take 5 years of a proven Yelich over 6 years of potential every time.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #24
LVDan

What would a trade to FLA do to Acuna's current card values? Atl is no NYY but Miami is Siberia. Minus 20%? 30%?
just wondering aloud
LVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #25
ridgerider

If I were Jeter I would trade Yelich and Realmuto to the Orioles for Machado & what ever top prospects he could get (Mancini, Cisco). Then trade Machado to the Yankees for Frazier, Adams or Wade. The Orioles save face by not directly giving Machado to New York & get 2 great players w/ control, the Marlins get plenty of top rated prospects for 2 pieces they are looking to trade and the Yankees get to try out Machado for a year before having to pick up in FA and get some value for pieces they have no room for.
ridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote