Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
gbpackers77

Default Heliot ramos

Is it worth investing in heliot ramos cards? His autos seem like they go up in price every week....any input?
gbpackers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Wiseguy917

Good market high risk high reward very young 5 tool prospect. I sunk some cash into him
Old 02-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Craiggysanford

I've picked up some base & Ref Chrome autos with bold autos and a couple elite autos. Besides him being a beast, I think it'll be like Eloy autos of 2017. His bold auto cards will command a premium eventually since some of his autos are atrocious.
Craiggysanford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
gbpackers77

Yea thats what i figured he looks like he has potential to be a stud....i have his 2017 draft gold auto and base auto so hoping he pans out
gbpackers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
JLChinn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiggysanford View Post
I've picked up some base & Ref Chrome autos with bold autos and a couple elite autos. Besides him being a beast, I think it'll be like Eloy autos of 2017. His bold auto cards will command a premium eventually since some of his autos are atrocious.
Definitely noticed the auto part. His Bowman's Best autos look better for the most part though.

As for Ramos, he'll turn 19 pretty late this year. He's super young and has exciting tools. Exactly what the 1st commenter said, high risk high reward. Good market for him, and pretty clear path to the majors as an OF for SF, though.
JLChinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
azbaseballfan

I'm bullish on Ramos. I'm holding a handful of blues and golds, auto and non-auto. His non-auto colors are dirt cheap if you want to lower your investment risk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
azbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
Natethegreat
Banned

The Draft Class of 2017 autos are a real bargain considering they are numbered to 250 and go for half the price. Even the golds numbered to 50 are super cheap.
Natethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #8
danimal875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
The Draft Class of 2017 autos are a real bargain considering they are numbered to 250 and go for half the price. Even the golds numbered to 50 are super cheap.

Don't fall for that trap. If he keeps producing every time his Regular auto goes 2x, 3x, 4x, that insert auto will increase in price at a much slower rate. For every 4x in price for the regular auto, you would be lucky to get a 2x in price for the insert, and it just gets worse from there.

Those insert autos will be on par with every other whatever auto Topps will produce for him. You might as well call it Topps Tribute or Tier One or something.
danimal875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
Wiseguy917

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal875 View Post
Don't fall for that trap. If he keeps producing every time his Regular auto goes 2x, 3x, 4x, that insert auto will increase in price at a much slower rate. For every 4x in price for the regular auto, you would be lucky to get a 2x in price for the insert, and it just gets worse from there.

Those insert autos will be on par with every other whatever auto Topps will produce for him. You might as well call it Topps Tribute or Tier One or something.

^ facts. Maybe even being too nice with the multiple...
Old 02-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #10
StlScott

I would be bearish on Heliot. There is lots of tools, and they may or may not materialize into something. You make it all the way to the majors and you have a bear for a home park. you have to have everything gone before his first game. Lots of risk.
StlScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #11
Natethegreat
Banned

Not sure why people like to follow the leader - sure the market is saying class of 2017 is a second-rater right now but if Heliot turns into a perennial all-star the card will have a lot of value. In the short-term though you are right, it will sit at half the value.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #12
letsgocapitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
Not sure why people like to follow the leader - sure the market is saying class of 2017 is a second-rater right now but if Heliot turns into a perennial all-star the card will have a lot of value. In the short-term though you are right, it will sit at half the value.
Agreed. I'm buying lots of chrome and refractor non-autos. If he hits, all of his cards increase. Buy what you're comfortable with...
letsgocapitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #13
bulljh

I feel like I’m on the outside when it comes to him. Yes, he kicked butt in a small sample size...BUT, I feel like with as much as the Giants have missed with drafting in the last 7-8 years, he is to good to be true. I have a feeling there will be some regression this year. I hope I’m wrong just for the simple fact that I’m a Giants fan. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt for him to struggle so I can get some color at an affordable price.

Warriors fan since 1988
bulljh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
Wiseguy917

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
I feel like Iím on the outside when it comes to him. Yes, he kicked butt in a small sample size...BUT, I feel like with as much as the Giants have missed with drafting in the last 7-8 years, he is to good to be true. I have a feeling there will be some regression this year. I hope Iím wrong just for the simple fact that Iím a Giants fan. Plus, it wouldnít hurt for him to struggle so I can get some color at an affordable price.

Well really he could be too good to be true and that would be fine. All he has to do is crush A ball and then Iíll be selling. Look at Vlad Jr. He sniffed High A for 48 games and his prices exploded. Whether he busts or not, lots of people are making a lot of money.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:18 PM   #15
ArsonCuff

Neither here nor there in terms of card investing, but here was a story about him and his family during the hurricane that hit Puerto Rico http://www.sfchronicle.com/giants/ar...g-12400751.php
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #16
Natethegreat
Banned

I think it is here and there because he comes across as a very good guy which is a big part of this.