Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Oldschool42

Default Best thing about being a Pats fan...

Is watching grow men go CRAZY on YouTube ranting about how the Pats cheat, steal, kill, buy off refs, etc, etc. The NFL is rigged, etc. These people are unhinged! And totally awesome, keep making complete fools of yourselves!
Oldschool42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
TWard
Banned

This thread needed to be created because? There’s already a million Pats threads as it is on here.
TWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
TWard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool42 View Post
Is watching grow men go CRAZY on YouTube ranting about how the Pats cheat, steal, kill, buy off refs, etc, etc. The NFL is rigged, etc. These people are unhinged! And totally awesome, keep making complete fools of yourselves!

...and Aaron Hernandez really did kill someone so......
Old 01-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
BostonNut

God Bless KT Tape.
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #5
Oldschool42

Because I just wasted a half hour of my life laughing my ass off listening to some Philly guy screaming about how the Pats suck...then he admits that yes his beloved Eagles will probably lose! Dude has passion!
Don’t worry, someday Tom Brady will retire and then the Pats will just be another football team. I can’t wait for all the bandwagon fans to abandon them when they suck...I have been a fan since ‘82. I also know that none of these Pats teams from the last 18 years could have beat the late 80’s Eagles with their insane D, or the 85 Bears (who destroyed the helpless Pats), or the Skins, Giants, or 49er’s teams! Hell Marino would smoke our DB’s. The Bills, Cowboys, and 49ere’s of the 90’s would have beat their asses. If this was the 70’s Brady would be in a body bag!
However Belichick has found the right players to compete in this era of football, he’s just been a few moves ahead most seasons. Not one of these Pats teams can lay title to greatest team ever, but they can lay claim to greatest championship run in any sport.
Oldschool42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
TWard
Banned

Quote:
Because I just wasted a half hour of my life laughing my ass off listening to some Philly guy screaming about how the Pats suck...then he admits that yes his beloved Eagles will probably lose! Dude has passion!

Don’t worry, someday Tom Brady will retire and then the Pats will just be another football team. I can’t wait for all the bandwagon fans to abandon them when they suck...I have been a fan since ‘82. I also know that none of these Pats teams from the last 18 years could have beat the late 80’s Eagles with their insane D, or the 85 Bears (who destroyed the helpless Pats), or the Skins, Giants, or 49er’s teams! Hell Marino would smoke our DB’s. The Bills, Cowboys, and 49ere’s of the 90’s would have beat their asses. If this was the 70’s Brady would be in a body bag!

However Belichick has found the right players to compete in this era of football, he’s just been a few moves ahead most seasons. Not one of these Pats teams can lay title to greatest team ever, but they can lay claim to greatest championship run in any sport.

Alabama football has been pretty good the last 9 years.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
jlzinck

See Anti Pat's fans....this is the type of Pats fans you can skewer. Don't lump us ALL in with people like this
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #8
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
See Anti Pat's fans....this is the type of Pats fans you can skewer. Don't lump us ALL in with people like this
I was just going to say, the best thing about not being a Pats fan is that I'm not grouped in with people like the OP (and Bnut).
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #9
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I was just going to say, the best thing about not being a Pats fan is that I'm not grouped in with people like the OP (and Bnut).
Tony Eason lit your ass up.

Go back to your hole.
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #10
BostonNut

Quote:
If this was the 70’s Brady would be in a body bag!
I'm curious how you are measuring this.

Brady has been one of the most durable QB's in NFL history. Other than the 2001 AFC Championship game and the season where he had one leg can you please tell me how many plays....not games....plays....that Brady has missed due to injury?

And don't give me the "he can't be touched" thing. Brady has taken some of the most hellacious shots I have ever seen.
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #11
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Haha, I don't. There are the good ones and the bad ones for all teams.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #12
Siberian13

[QUOTE=BostonNut;13175311]I'm curious how you are measuring this.

Brady has been one of the most durable QB's in NFL history. Other than the 2001 AFC Championship game and the season where he had one leg can you please tell me how many plays....not games....plays....that Brady has missed due to injury?

And don't give me the "he can't be touched" thing. Brady has taken some of the most hellacious shots I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

See this might get you lumped in with OP
Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #13
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
See this might get you lumped in with OP
How so?

Is it not true?

And learn to quote grasshopper.
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:30 AM   #14
Bassplayah101

Well, I dont know about it being the "best" thing.. but some haters are definitely unhinged.

Its just a game..granted its more fun when your team is winning, but its just a game.
People need to find something else positive in their lives, and stop taking a "game" so seriously... or grow up, whichever comes first.
Bassplayah101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #15
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
How so?

Is it not true?

And learn to quote grasshopper.
You think Brady or any QB currently would be treated the same as today vs. the 70s?

Quoting is hard
Old 01-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #16
BostonNut

Quote:
You think Brady or any QB currently would be treated the same as today vs. the 70s?

Quoting is hard
Of course not.

But would 1970's Brady have more fragile bones or something?
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #17
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
Oh the guy who pretends to be a Patriot fan again. I always love reading his posts. "Im a Patriots fan but they actually suck"
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #18
Siberian13

Quote:
Of course not.

But would 1970's Brady have more fragile bones or something?
The more hits he and others would of taken back then would cause more injuries. The way they were allowed to hit them as well. Not sure why that is so hard to figure out. The NFL is smart to protect/baby their QBs these days, since they are the money makers.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #19
BostonNut

Quote:
The more hits he and others would of taken back then would cause more injuries. The way they were allowed to hit them as well. Not sure why that is so hard to figure out. The NFL is smart to protect/baby their QBs these days, since they are the money makers.
It's not hard to figure out. I get it.

But one of the most durable players of the past two decades would have to be carried off in a body bag if he played in the 70's?

I just don't see how that translates. Don't forget Brady is 6'4...that's pretty good size for a 70's ball player.
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #20
Bowman1951

Freaking old-timers are the WORST.

“Back in my day, QB’s could take a hit, get up off the ground all concussed and still finish out the game!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1lCD-RWo4vbhderOHzZfg
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #21
xxmudgexx

Dont worry pats fans, at least you didnt burn the city burn like philly lol
Old 01-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #22
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
It's not hard to figure out. I get it.

But one of the most durable players of the past two decades would have to be carried off in a body bag if he played in the 70's?

I just don't see how that translates. Don't forget Brady is 6'4...that's pretty good size for a 70's ball player.
People are ridiculous if they think Brady is soft. The guy has been one the most durable players there is. Played the entire '09 season with 3 broken ribs suffered in preseason and a broken finger on his throwing hand. He's taken some hellacious hits over the years and gets right back up.

Justin Tuck talking about the beating NY put on him in the SB.

Tuck announced recently that he's retiring from the NFL, and the former thorn in the Patriots' side is making the rounds on the pre-Super Bowl circuit for Sunday's game.

On Tuesday, he appeared on "The Dan Patrick Show" to talk about his career and -- of course -- the hits he laid on Brady over the years.

With Tuck in studio, Patrick asked Tuck about Brady's toughness in the context of some comments made by Michael Strahan, Tuck's teammate in Super Bowl XLII.

According to Patrick, Strahan had said previously that the Giants hit Brady "with everything we had" in that game, and has "so much respect" for Brady.

Tuck agreed with Strahan's sentiments, telling Patrick that "I absolutely admire Tom Brady ... he brings the best out of us because we wanted to get back to him."

But what impressed Tuck the most was the way that Brady responded to the beating the Giants gave him

From "The Dan Patrick Show" on Tuesday:

"What we did to him in that Super Bowl. We hit him some times where it was like, 'He's not getting up.' And he just got up. He might've cussed his o-line out, but to be able to stay in that game -- he threw a ball in the fourth quarter to Randy Moss. The ball traveled, like, 75 yards or something like that. And that was right after Jay Alford had literally broke him in half.
"I got the utmost respect for him. Obviously, I think he's one of the best ever to do it. But more than that, that whole 'tough' label is warranted for sure."
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #23
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
People are ridiculous if they think Brady is soft. The guy has been one the most durable players there is. Played the entire '09 season with 3 broken ribs suffered in preseason and a broken finger on his throwing hand. He's taken some hellacious hits over the years and gets right back up.
Not always 28-3

Old 01-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #24
Boo

He gets hit less than a LOT of QBs. And 99% of NFL players (including QBs) play with broken ribs, etc. You guys are making him out to be a God, that's what makes people hate you and them.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #25
Boo

Quote:
Not always 28-3