AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-15-2024, 10:09 AM   #44576
whitmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
Gunther is also a heel he's not going to have the fans poping big time like a Jey Uso or LA Knight who Gunther is a better wrestler then both of them. After Roman I think Gunther could be made the next best heel on the roster.
I think you will see an eventual Imperium push. I could see them feuding with Judgement Day, assuming they don't break up. Resulting in a Gunther vs Priest and Ludwig/Ilja (hoping) vs Finn/JD/Dom for titles.

I'm in that camp of Gunther not really doing much for me. I know he's a very good wrestler, but it's not like I'm excited to watch his matches. It might just be that he hasn't had any really good feuds yet.
whitmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:50 PM   #44577
RedLabelRecords

So cursing is allowed in Spanish? That was interesting.
RedLabelRecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:48 PM   #44578
bjho852

Been away for a while and just found out that the draft this year excludes all belt holders. Wondering if it is because of Ripley being out for an extended period of time and this champion draft protection is sort of a last-second decision.

When the belts were rebranded, I thought that it makes the holders easier to get moved. Well what do I know?
Old 05-17-2024, 08:23 AM   #44579
whitmm

Uncle Howdy took over the WWE Twitch channel for an hour last night, highlighting The Fiend's therapist that "went missing."

I don't know much about Bo Dallas. How are his promo skills? How are his in ring skills? Is he good enough to make payoff worth it?

I guess, for me, I've already lost interest. There doesn't seem to be any direction to it, it hasn't been setting up any type of feud yet.
Old 05-17-2024, 08:51 AM   #44580
packman80

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmm View Post
Uncle Howdy took over the WWE Twitch channel for an hour last night, highlighting The Fiend's therapist that "went missing."

I don't know much about Bo Dallas. How are his promo skills? How are his in ring skills? Is he good enough to make payoff worth it?

I guess, for me, I've already lost interest. There doesn't seem to be any direction to it, it hasn't been setting up any type of feud yet.
I think it's a stupid gimmick that will get fans to pop for first few weeks after he and whomever debut doing the Wyatt family gimmick then go flat quick when the newness wears off and they no longer care.
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:07 AM   #44581
whitmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
I think it's a stupid gimmick that will get fans to pop for first few weeks after he and whomever debut doing the Wyatt family gimmick then go flat quick when the newness wears off and they no longer care.
The Wyatt Family worked with Bray, but they were also feuding with top talent.

Like I said, I really don't know much about Bo Dallas, but looking at his Wikipedia page, he doesn't seem like he was much more than a mid card guy.

Are they waiting for Alexa Bliss to be ready to return before they have them all show up? Personally, I like Bliss, but I think they would be better off changing back to the non Sister Abigail gimmick. They can keep her a littler darker, but wipe the slate clean. Also gives more story line options down the road, and a potential feud with a member of the family trying to bring her back in.
Old 05-17-2024, 09:31 AM   #44582
packman80

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmm View Post
The Wyatt Family worked with Bray, but they were also feuding with top talent.

Like I said, I really don't know much about Bo Dallas, but looking at his Wikipedia page, he doesn't seem like he was much more than a mid card guy.

Are they waiting for Alexa Bliss to be ready to return before they have them all show up? Personally, I like Bliss, but I think they would be better off changing back to the non Sister Abigail gimmick. They can keep her a littler darker, but wipe the slate clean. Also gives more story line options down the road, and a potential feud with a member of the family trying to bring her back in.
Bo Dallas career peak was being part of the Miztourage.
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:31 AM   #44583
JustinVerlander07

Bo Dallas when he first debuted as a heel thinking he's a good guy running around the ring was GOLD.

The victory laps hahahaha

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:33 AM   #44584
JustinVerlander07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fq9...l=AidanVerbeet

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:52 AM   #44585
bjho852

All you have to do...is bolieve!
Old 05-17-2024, 03:35 PM   #44586
jmarascojr

I'm in the minority, at least on here it seems, but I have enjoyed the QR codes and the Easter Eggs...

They make you think, they make you search...

If you wanna watch wrestling just for wrestling, then yeah, it's probably not for you...

The last I read, the "hints" have pointed towards Rowan, Braun, Joe Gacy, Dexter Lumis and Nikki Cross...
Alexa Bliss will either be a part of it right out the shoot or will eventually become apart of the story...

Uncle Howdy/Bo is not going to be a character that needs a belt, he's just there with his group to cause chaos.... Just like Bray and The Wyatt Family did...

As was with his brother, if you want a 6 star Meltzer classic, change the channel... You want a story, stay tuned...

I PC Luke Harper/Brodie Lee
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 05:14 PM   #44587
whitmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarascojr View Post
I'm in the minority, at least on here it seems, but I have enjoyed the QR codes and the Easter Eggs...

They make you think, they make you search...

If you wanna watch wrestling just for wrestling, then yeah, it's probably not for you...

The last I read, the "hints" have pointed towards Rowan, Braun, Joe Gacy, Dexter Lumis and Nikki Cross...
Alexa Bliss will either be a part of it right out the shoot or will eventually become apart of the story...

Uncle Howdy/Bo is not going to be a character that needs a belt, he's just there with his group to cause chaos.... Just like Bray and The Wyatt Family did...

As was with his brother, if you want a 6 star Meltzer classic, change the channel... You want a story, stay tuned...
No, I don't watch wrestling just for wrestling. But when I'm watching watching Raw or Smackdown and following a story, wrestling needs to be a part of it. If I was to watch a pyschological thriller, I'll watch a movie or a series.

Bray and the Wyatt Family held every major belt there is. As Bray and as The Fiend. They were feuding with top tier talent. And part of what made the Wyatt Family/Fiend storylines so good is he put on very good matches.

I have no problem with these types of storylines, I'm just wondering if the pay off for the extremely long build up is going to be worth it. Because I'm not familiar with Bo Dallas
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #44588
ssilva872

The Uncle Howdy thing will not last long imo. I've never been a fan of The Fiend stuff. Of course it is very sad that Bray died but if he was around still I probably still wouldn't care that much for his current storylines. His infrequent match would be the highlight. Didn't Bray come back at Survivor Series 2022? If so he came back and just sorta did nothing. I take it that was because of health issues but it still seemed to be a lot of stalling for not much payoff.

I'm pretty sure Bray only had that one polarizing Mountain Dew Pitch Black match after he came back with LA Knight at the 2023 Rumble. Like I know story is important but as others have said wrestling is obviously very important as well. There has to be some balance but I think the wresting side is more important for me. I'm usually not for people wrestling 4 times a year. Especially if half of those matches are pointless and overall just not good.

Without Bray I just don't see this new upcoming stable lasting long. None of the members are that strong of wrestlers and even as characters they just seem like they would be inferior versions of Bray's character. I'll try to give it a chance but in the end Bo will probably transition to working as an agent and Bray can go into the HOF in 2025 or 2026. That seems about right.