Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: _____ would be considered an "elite" QB with a SB win this season.
Carson Palmer 2 1.64%
Matt Ryan 49 40.16%
Matthew Stafford 23 18.85%
Philip Rivers 25 20.49%
Andy Dalton 3 2.46%
Eli Manning 18 14.75%
Joe Flacco 4 3.28%
Russell Wilson 24 19.67%
Andrew Luck 50 40.98%
Cam Newton 21 17.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #276
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
I'll give you one thing, Matt ryan is elite.... for giving up a 25 point lead and losing the Super Bowl!
Matt Ryan didn't lose the game but nice try . Matt Ryan isn't elite either. I poke fun at my own team and others can too. We the Falcons and haven't won anything ever. But at least I can see past my homer lenses and see those three aren't elite.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #277
RogerGodahell

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...tlanta-falcons

I clect football cards
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #278
carlo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Hannah was as elite of a QB as I've ever seen. Could really hurl that skin.

You're having a rough go this thread huh?

But I like you so I'll give you a third try...
Kid there's a ton of competition and you're by far the biggest loser on this site. Sorry I got off topic, something that you're king of, and tried to disprove your little wins are everything cliche by using non qb examples. Must be easy to forget that the Patriots were essentially irrelevant for 30 years before Tom and Bill showed up. But now it's all about wins.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #279
twisty571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Matt Ryan didn't lose the game but nice try . Matt Ryan isn't elite either. I poke fun at my own team and others can too. We the Falcons and haven't won anything ever. But at least I can see past my homer lenses and see those three aren't elite.
Basically if your not a 5x SB winner or named Montana/Manning/Rodgers your not Elite.....even if you get in the HOF. And truthfully I don't understand why Rodger's is included.......1 SB and really nothing else....not lost a 2nd one or anything....year in and out the guy doesn't perform when it counts and it's everyone else's fault and he acts like a baby and throws everyone else under the bus. Eli has won 2 & Wilson has been to 2.....what's Rodger's excuse......Luck apparently has won 2 and will win his 3rd this season by the vote count & Carr is already Elite I guess....
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #280
Siberian13

I have to stop clicking on this thread. I'm already dumb enough as it is. Please stop adding to my problem
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #281
RogerGodahell

I clect football cards
Old 07-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #282
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo16 View Post
Kid there's a ton of competition and you're by far the biggest loser on this site. Sorry I got off topic, something that you're king of, and tried to disprove your little wins are everything cliche by using non qb examples. Must be easy to forget that the Patriots were essentially irrelevant for 30 years before Tom and Bill showed up. But now it's all about wins.
Sport, it's always been about wins in the NFL. And the Patriots were the masters of failing at that for years.

Stats get you absolutely nowhere in the NFL. Wins are everything. If Bledsoe had beaten Favre in that Super Bowl we are talking about him maybe being a borderline HOFer. Without it, he is nothing but a huge stat accumulator.

I respect that you disagree with that.

Last edited by BostonNut; 07-18-2017 at 08:12 AM.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #283
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo16 View Post
C'mon brah he doesn't even crack the top 100
Old 07-18-2017, 08:58 AM   #284
RogerGodahell

On TV the biggest loser is the winner

I clect football cards
Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #285
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Sport, it's always been about wins in the NFL. And the Patriots were the masters of failing at that for years.

Stats get you absolutely nowhere in the NFL. Wins are everything. If Bledsoe had beaten Favre in that Super Bowl we are talking about him maybe being a borderline HOFer. Without it, he is nothing but a huge stat accumulator.

I respect that you disagree with that.
You mean if Parcells didn't bail on the team and pretty much forfeit???

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #286
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
You mean if Parcells didn't bail on the team and pretty much forfeit???
Typical Patriots fan....deflecting....
Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #287
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Typical Patriots fan....deflecting....
First 9 digit contract in the history of the NFL

Old 07-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #288
BostonNut

Quote:
The Patriots probably cheated in drafting up the contract...
Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #289
Boo

Quote:
Biggest overpay in the history of the NFL.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #290
ssbledsoe

Quote:
The Patriots probably cheated in drafting up the contract...
Who knows. The Bills & Cowpies paid off the majority of that contract...

Old 07-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #291
bojesphob

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
Basically if your not a 5x SB winner or named Montana/Manning/Rodgers your not Elite.....even if you get in the HOF. And truthfully I don't understand why Rodger's is included.......1 SB and really nothing else....not lost a 2nd one or anything....year in and out the guy doesn't perform when it counts and it's everyone else's fault and he acts like a baby and throws everyone else under the bus. Eli has won 2 & Wilson has been to 2.....what's Rodger's excuse......Luck apparently has won 2 and will win his 3rd this season by the vote count & Carr is already Elite I guess....
Why wouldn't he be? Just because his *team* lost several NFC playoff games that he kept them in doesn't negate the fact that he's one of the best in numerous categories, and most of them even better than most of those on this board call the "GOAT". This is why he's elite:

6 TDs in a HALF
288 straight pass attempts without an INT at home (2014)
Best QB rating all time: 104.1 (second all time, Wilson, 99.6, then Brady 97.2)
Best INT % all time: 1.5 (could throw well over 30 INTs straight and still be the lowest all time)
Will be the first player EVER to reach 300 TDs before hitting 100 INTs (he's 3 TDs away from 300, and 28 away from 100)
Best TD to INT ratio: 4.125 (Brady, 3.00)
3 Hail Mary TDs to end a half (only people to throw any only had at most 1), so even at the end he's dangerous
Best Adjusted Pass Yards Per Attempt all time: 8.49 (Wilson #2 8.2, Brady 6th)
Best Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt all time: 7.48 (Peyton #2 7.17)
7th best Completion Percentage all time
Tied for 5th best TD % (Brady tied for 23rd)

I guess if having the most TDs versus INTs in the game's history and having the lowest INT percentage in the game's history isn't elite, you don't understand football.

So, yeah, he's only been to 1 SB, but he got the MVP for it, and had his defense/special teams been able to make a stop in several playoff games, he would have had more. Yes, I know that doesn't change the fact he didn't make it those years, but considering he was keeping them in those games despite the fact the defense was terrible speaks even more volumes of how good he is. SB wins is a team statistic, not a QB statistic. The QB puts the team in position to get to and win the SB, but does not do it without the support of his team and his defense, and therefore is a silly thing to gauge if a QB is considered tops in the game.
http://www.bojesphob.com/viewcollection.aspx
bojesphob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 AM   #292
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
So, yeah, he's only been to 1 SB, but he got the MVP for it, and had his defense/special teams been able to make a stop in several playoff games, he would have had more. Yes, I know that doesn't change the fact he didn't make it those years, but considering he was keeping them in those games despite the fact the defense was terrible speaks even more volumes of how good he is. SB wins is a team statistic, not a QB statistic. The QB puts the team in position to get to and win the SB, but does not do it without the support of his team and his defense, and therefore is a silly thing to gauge if a QB is considered tops in the game.
Nice...so we have confirmation from before that Brady is indeed 7-0 in the Super Bowl!

GOAT!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #293
twisty571

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojesphob View Post
And you see where my argument is for Stafford. But if Stafford or any other QB doesn't get a pass then he shouldn't be vaulted up there with Montana & Brady & Manning. According to everyone in this thread that's the way it plays out.....you win no matter what the situation is.....team your on or playing with....coaching....
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote