Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #276
IndySportsCards

Looks like he got $133 in 9.6 for the Star Wars #1 Hot Topic - Not bad for a 7.99 comic!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #277
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Other was a 9.8 though.. Was it the same seller?
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #278
IndySportsCards

Not sure if it was the same seller or not.

Only 18 listings of the Hot Topic Variant now, and most recent BIN selling for $75
Old 02-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #279
pjray55

I know word was that there would be a reprint - has this been confirmed and if so any idea as to when?

I would think that would help the value of the "recalled" if there was a re-issue.
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #280
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post
I know word was that there would be a reprint - has this been confirmed and if so any idea as to when?

I would think that would help the value of the "recalled" if there was a re-issue.
I have not been in Hot Topic in a few days here, but may go later today and see if I can get any info.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #281
Rip67vdub

Avengers #44 final issue variant will could catch fire when it comes out. Here's why:

Quote:
Right now, retailers are being told that those who ordered 250% of their orders for Original Sin #1 for Axis #1 are eligible for the Avengers #44 Final Issue Variant.

By stripping the covers for any remaining issues of Avengers & X-Men: Axis #1 that a retailer still has littering the back issue bins, they can exchange two covers for one variant edition of Avengers #44, only available with this deal.

But if a retailer qualified for the deal, but sold all their copies, it might benefit them to snap up copies on the open market, sell the digital codes and then rip off the covers before sending them in…

Indeed, if the cover is valued at $10 or more, that means the value of Axis #1 might go up to $5. If it’s valued at $20, then then Axis #1 could be $10 and so on…

As Marvel says “There is no limit to the number of stripped full front covers that may be exchanged” which means if a retailer found a job lot, they could technically send back more covers tan they actually ordered...

Last edited by Rip67vdub; 02-20-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #282
Rip67vdub

Really!?!

EoS #2 1st print sold for $232.50

Made me wish I should've held onto 10+ copies a little longer than selling them for $35 a piece a few weeks after it was released.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM   #283
natevegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip67vdub View Post
Really!?!

Made me wish I should've held onto 10+ copies a little longer than selling them for $35 a piece a few weeks after it was released.
I hear ya I sold 5 x EOS 2 first prints in NM shape for 29.99 each. I never saw the potential till it was too late.
natevegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:35 AM   #284
shrevecity

Appears Spider-gwen hastings variant is sold out on the website.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:02 AM   #285
enyouartist

Quote:
Really!?!

wow, at first I thought the above auction was for a lot of 5 books, but then I realized this was only for one book! how much is the variant selling for now?
enyouartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:23 AM   #286
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
wow, at first I thought the above auction was for a lot of 5 books, but then I realized this was only for one book! how much is the variant selling for now?
Wonder if the buyer thought the same thing, listing like that is asking for trouble.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #287
Cyber Warrior

Yep..pretty sure buyer thought they were bidding on 5 copies. That's happened to me once.. After hours of digging through eBay for a copy of New 52 Suicide Squad 1, I guess my eyes were tired and didn't realize the listing was only for 1 copy and not the 3 listed in the picture.. After only 1 book arrived to my door I went back to eBay getting ready to complain when I noticed the listing was in fact only for 1 copy.. I took it as lesson learned.. luckily I only spent $10 and not over $200
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #288
CxG Voodoo Doll
Banned

If the buyer was smart he would have read that it was for 1 unread copy. Hmmm...
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #289
terrymcginnis

ASM 14 Gwen Stacy cover variant a good pick up? can get one at LCS for $4.99, just over cover. I like the artwork.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #290
Netter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymcginnis View Post
ASM 14 Gwen Stacy cover variant a good pick up? can get one at LCS for $4.99, just over cover. I like the artwork.
A buck over cover for a cool cover is worth it (plus MT is sold out of that cover now, plus you save s/h)
Netter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #291
DSizzle31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post

Have they actually confirmed that the reprint of the Star Wars comic would have the Avengers ad changed? The last email to the stores told them that it was ok to sell the original comic if they hadn't destroyed it. Obviously Marvel was ok with the ad being on there because at this point, we've all seen it.

I worry that since the ad is no longer a problem, they'll just reprint it and not bother changing the ad to replace the copies that were destroyed. If that happens, and the new copies are the same as the originals, the price will crash.

Is this even possible or are they definitely changing the ad? Also, would this new printing be considered a second printing and be labeled that way inside the book?
Old 02-21-2015, 12:40 PM   #292
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSizzle31 View Post
Have they actually confirmed that the reprint of the Star Wars comic would have the Avengers ad changed? The last email to the stores told them that it was ok to sell the original comic if they hadn't destroyed it. Obviously Marvel was ok with the ad being on there because at this point, we've all seen it.

I worry that since the ad is no longer a problem, they'll just reprint it and not bother changing the ad to replace the copies that were destroyed. If that happens, and the new copies are the same as the originals, the price will crash.

Is this even possible or are they definitely changing the ad? Also, would this new printing be considered a second printing and be labeled that way inside the book?
I read from multiple online sources that it will be reprinted without the offending ad. However, it has yet to be confirmed when the reprint will be issued.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #293
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Yes, this is a long term buy and at that price, pick it up. I only see good things for that cover.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #294
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG Voodoo Doll View Post
If the buyer was smart he would have read that it was for 1 unread copy. Hmmm...
He'll just be able to return it and leave the seller a neg for his issue.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #295
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
He'll just be able to return it and leave the seller a neg for his issue.
Huh? Buyer would be at fault here. It clearly states in the seller's description that the auction is for one copy only. If the buyer becomes bitter and decides to leave negative feedback, seller can dispute it and have it removed.

Last edited by Rip67vdub; 02-21-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #296
shrevecity

Quote:
Huh? Buyer would be at fault here. It clearly states in the seller's description that the auction is for one copy only. If the buyer becomes bitter and decides to leave negative feedback, seller can dispute it and have it removed.
No he cannot, it would not qualify for removal, Ebay would agree the photo is misleading been there done that with them. But even if he does not neg the seller he can file a SNAD or worse damage the item and claim it was damaged and force the seller to take the return. Just having the case opened counts the same a neg now.

Keep in mind that on many mobile devices that make up 35% of Ebay sales now descriptions are not always visible and the way Ebay is showing listings now on the main site you cannot always see the description without clicking a link on the item.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #297
The Authority

I agree. I think the seller would have to refund if item not as described is used. The pic shows 5 books. Which one is it ? lol
The Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #298
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Authority View Post
I agree. I think the seller would have to refund if item not as described is used. The pic shows 5 books. Which one is it ? lol
I had a buyer once win a case because I did not include the quarter the miniature I was selling was not included, basically Ebay told me if its in the photo is should be part of the listing.

He has already has issues before and its clear with his most recently sold he knows this is bad.

eBay Feedback Profile for friskyfella

Last edited by shrevecity; 02-21-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #299
terrymcginnis

thanks guys, I picked it up. I see silk#1 selling already for $8-14 on eBay???! that was quick. my LCS has about 5-8 left nobody's purchased.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #300
IndySportsCards

Quote:
thanks guys, I picked it up. I see silk#1 selling already for $8-14 on eBay???! that was quick. my LCS has about 5-8 left nobody's purchased.
I think it may have been under-ordered compared to Spider-Gwen and/or overlooked, but demand is HUGE for Silk. A Ramos #4 ASM just sold for $220.. Silk is on fire!