Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Skootown

Default Ebay Purchase - Was I ripped off?

Curious what everyone's thoughts are here.

Bought a Wentz Gold Optic /10 at auction on ebay last night. Went for lower than the other golds thus far but not by a ton.

Get a message from the seller this morning. He stated that he "purchased the card from an online card show a week ago. It was from a group of trusted friends of mine. For some reason I was told it was gold and super short print which to me means the gold /10. I received the card in person this morning and come to find out it's /199 and not /10."

He apologized and refunded my money. Now, the golds and orange definitely look alike in pictures, I'll give him that. But it does seem a little suspicious that I win the card at auction last night and he magically receives the card before 10:00am Eastern time this morning. Also, what is an "online card show"?

I guess at this point it doesn't matter, just curious what everyone thought.

Also collecting Carson Wentz and Philadelphia Eagles, Penn State Nittany Lions, and Jameis Winston RCs
Skootown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Slette

Ask him for a picture of it, because you "still need the /199, as well."
Old 01-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
Branesergen

Is not getting it really worth the stress?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
IowaCubs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slette View Post
Ask him for a picture of it, because you "still need the /199, as well."
Good idea!
IowaCubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Bruvydsb

Watch his account and see if he re-lists a gold.
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
majestik101

"Online card show" sounds to me like a FB group or maybe some razz room. Glad to hear you got your money back. I would also watch for it to be re-listed as a gold.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
altaeria

Sigh.
altaeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
Sportscards12
Banned - PBM

Sounds like to me he didn't like the ending price so made up this sad excuse. So he is putting a card up on eBay and doesn't have it in hand? This appears very shady imo.
Sportscards12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #9
Crazybella8
Inactive Account

Not sure how you got ripped off if your money was refunded?
Crazybella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #10
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybella8 View Post
Not sure how you got ripped off if your money was refunded?
That is exactly what I was thinking, thread title isn't right at all. Did the seller seem to handle this the wrong way and give you a story that is a little hard to believe? He did do that but I would just walk away from this one.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #11
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
"Online card show" sounds to me like a FB group or maybe some razz room. Glad to hear you got your money back. I would also watch for it to be re-listed as a gold.
When you razz you take it in the azz. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Yes I have used the phase before.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #12
Skootown

Asked for a picture of the back of the card....no response.

Guess it's NEG time

Personally I'd much rather lose $20 than have a negative but I guess that's up to him!

Also collecting Carson Wentz and Philadelphia Eagles, Penn State Nittany Lions, and Jameis Winston RCs
Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #13
YuppieMonkey

"Personally I'd much rather lose $20 than have a negative but I guess that's up to him!"

Oh... a revenge thread.

And I thought this about how petty people can possibly be.
YuppieMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #14
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootown View Post

Guess it's NEG time

Personally I'd much rather lose $20 than have a negative but I guess that's up to him!

And if he's telling the truth?

I sell quite a bit on ebay and quite honestly I don't really have time nor the desire to validate people whining over a card. Take me at my word or be petty and leave a negative. I know I'm being honest and don't really care what you believe as you simply do not know. You think you do and that's all it is. But that's just me
Old 01-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #15
Skootown

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieMonkey View Post
"Personally I'd much rather lose $20 than have a negative but I guess that's up to him!"

Oh... a revenge thread.

And I thought this about how petty people can possibly be.
Huh?

I wouldn't want to buy from a seller that will cancel a sale because they didn't like how much their card went for, or a seller that sells cards they don't even have in hand.

What am I supposed to do, give him a positive? Give me a break.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #16
Skootown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
And if he's telling the truth?

I sell quite a bit on ebay and quite honestly I don't really have time nor the desire to validate people whining over a card. Take me at my word or be petty and leave a negative. I know I'm being honest and don't really care what you believe as you simply do not know. You think you do and that's all it is. But that's just me
Do you routinely cancel sales 20 minutes after the buyer has paid?

Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #17
ucLAkers

Sellers who sell cards that are not in-hand.....? Always a recipe for drama!
ucLAkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #18
Branesergen

Quote:
Nope and that's my point. How do you know he routinely cancels sales? Because yours was cancelled so he must do it all the time?

Have I ever had to cancel sales? Absolutely and most of the time it's something I sold elsewhere and forgot. But if you come at me whining I'm going to ignore you therefore making you believe without a doubt I do it routinely.

As I said - I'm an honest seller and don't have time to validate whiney people what can't have their card.

Another point you seem to miss is the FACT that you don't know. It's probably eating you up inside but, as of now, it's still a fact. Now if you want to skip the feedback and waste your time watching to see if he relists it and get proof that what you're thinking is true then I'll see your side. But as of now, you're whining you didn't get a card and are calling a person a crook with absolutely no proof.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #19
Daimao

Quote:
Huh?

I wouldn't want to buy from a seller that will cancel a sale because they didn't like how much their card went for, or a seller that sells cards they don't even have in hand.

What am I supposed to do, give him a positive? Give me a break.
For the reasons stated I think that warrants a negative. People forget the purpose of feedback, its not for revenge, its to let other people know about the experience had with that seller. The seller had opportunities to prove his reasoning, if he's too lazy to provide that for a buyer then that's on him.
Daimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #20
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucLAkers View Post
Sellers who sell cards that are not in-hand.....? Always a recipe for drama!
I agree and it shouldn't be done but you can also find thousands of auctions for pre sales which technically are not in hand. A little different I know, but people do it.

Now if the OP wants to neg for selling something he didn't own then I could most likely see his side. And that would also not have a thread created saying he was ripped off.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #21
Daimao

Quote:
Nope and that's my point. How do you know he routinely cancels sales? Because yours was cancelled so he must do it all the time?

Have I ever had to cancel sales? Absolutely and most of the time it's something I sold elsewhere and forgot. But if you come at me whining I'm going to ignore you therefore making you believe without a doubt I do it routinely.

As I said - I'm an honest seller and don't have time to validate whiney people what can't have their card.

Another point you seem to miss is the FACT that you don't know. It's probably eating you up inside but, as of now, it's still a fact. Now if you want to skip the feedback and waste your time watching to see if he relists it and get proof that what you're thinking is true then I'll see your side. But as of now, you're whining you didn't get a card and are calling a person a crook with absolutely no proof.
Dude, chill with the whining talk. Guy was excited for a card and obviously disappointed he's not getting it. This is a forum for card collectors, obviously people have more going on in their lives than cards but we come HERE to discuss cards.
Daimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #22
Skootown

Quote:

Sad that there are so many scumbags in this hobby.

Enjoy your life of being nasty to people for no particular reason!

Old 01-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #23
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Quote:
Curious what everyone's thoughts are here.

Bought a Wentz Gold Optic /10 at auction on ebay last night. Went for lower than the other golds thus far but not by a ton.

Get a message from the seller this morning. He stated that he "purchased the card from an online card show a week ago. It was from a group of trusted friends of mine. For some reason I was told it was gold and super short print which to me means the gold /10. I received the card in person this morning and come to find out it's /199 and not /10."

He apologized and refunded my money. Now, the golds and orange definitely look alike in pictures, I'll give him that. But it does seem a little suspicious that I win the card at auction last night and he magically receives the card before 10:00am Eastern time this morning. Also, what is an "online card show"?

I guess at this point it doesn't matter, just curious what everyone thought.
Quote:

Guess it's NEG time

You can tell from the scan in the original listing its the /199 version. Thats why the auction went so cheap.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #24
duwal

Quote:
Enjoy your life of being nasty to people for no particular reason!

Wait, this is coming from a person who wants to give another member a negative even though they were fully refunded for their purchase??
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #25
duwal

Quote:

How many times can you verify that the person has done this with their auctions? If it is just you then it sounds like a one time mistake or error
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote