Blowout Cards Forums
2017 black Friday wave 10

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

BASEBALL BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your BASEBALL Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
goreyboggs

Default Serching retail packs.........apology

I just want to say that I had no idea that this was frowned upon, and would like to say sorry for asking how to do it in a post yesterday. I just figured that people had a secret way of doing this. I'm very new to this site as well as collecting cards and really enjoy it so far. This site is full of knowledge and has become a great resource for me to learn and become a card collector, and i don't want to risk losing it.

Sincerly
Jeff
goreyboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
mnvikingstwins

You spelled searching wrong... again. There is a secret way to search them. It is called buying them, and opening them
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreyboggs View Post
I just want to say that I had no idea that this was frowned upon, and would like to say sorry for asking how to do it in a post yesterday. I just figured that people had a secret way of doing this. I'm very new to this site as well as collecting cards and really enjoy it so far. This site is full of knowledge and has become a great resource for me to learn and become a card collector, and i don't want to risk losing it.

Sincerly
Jeff
Jeff, thanks for saying this, but how can you think it is alright to search packs? Just curious.

Now Buying Panini Rewards Points
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
chipmaster

BOTIE!!!!!!! Stop it already!!!!!
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
goreyboggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
You spelled searching wrong... again. There is a secret way to search them. It is called buying them, and opening them
Sorry about the spelling, I don't type much Im an ironworker....

Guru, I never said it was right , i just thought it was an edge that some people had over the new card collector like myself. I'm sorry if the question offended you or anyone else on here. And see now that it is not acceptable. I hope I can still buy cards from you in the future.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
SethMurphy

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

now i have a question, you see people looking at the packs that are more or less see through in the back. do all people consider that searching or just looking... just curious where that falls. I know the Bowman rack packs are see through on the back side, which entices the pack searchers out there.
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
bigboysoffootball

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
now i have a question, you see people looking at the packs that are more or less see through in the back. do all people consider that searching or just looking... just curious where that falls. I know the Bowman rack packs are see through on the back side, which entices the pack searchers out there.
I don't think you can call that searching I don't think they should have packs that are see through. I myself don't look I just grab the packs buy them and then open them. I think of them as lottery tickets either you lose/win or break even.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
slappybag
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag

Since when is stealing not frowned upon? Don't get that one...Call it what you want dude, straight up shady and you know it.
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
michaeltgraham

Jeff,

It is so obvious that searching a pack is wrong. I just can't see how you could be sitting there, doing whatever it is you do to search your packs, and while doing this not have one thought go through your head that says what you are doing might not be a happy choice!

Sounds like you need to find another hobby that requires less decision making as far as happy/sad choices go. Maybe just watch that sport that runs them cars round a circle for hours upon hours.
michaeltgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
onenineeightsix
Inactive Account

People can make mistakes; right? Forgive and forget. That kind of stuff ruins it for everyone else.
onenineeightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
goreyboggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboysoffootball View Post
I don't think you can call that searching I don't think they should have packs that are see through. I myself don't look I just grab the packs buy them and then open them. I think of them as lottery tickets either you lose/win or break even.
Good way of thinking of it!!

Last edited by goreyboggs; 06-10-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
goreyboggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltgraham View Post
Jeff,

It is so obvious that searching a pack is wrong. I just can't see how you could be sitting there, doing whatever it is you do to search your packs, and while doing this not have one thought go through your head that says what you are doing might not be a happy choice!

Sounds like you need to find another hobby that requires less decision making as far as happy/sad choices go. Maybe just watch that sport that runs them cars round a circle for hours upon hours.
I would look to see what the back card was. Again i think its weird its translucent. But im going to stick with cards a little longer. It makes me feel like a kid again. And by the way i don't really like nascar. But i think they have cards for them as well I am sorry tho for asking such a question that would offend you or anyone else.

Last edited by goreyboggs; 06-10-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
Teambo1634

Any way we look at this. goery is either a kid, and than you can say. He apologized and will learn his lesson here. Or if he is an adult, and is lacking the moral compass for right and wrong.

Since you claim to be an adult, no forgiveness can be given. That's a problem with society today. To easy to forgive on anything. All adults should know right from wrong. I would hope he considers cheating and stealing wrong, but it don't seem like it.

Last edited by Teambo1634; 06-10-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Teambo1634 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
marino5084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
Any way we look at this. goery is either a kid, and than you can say. He apologized and will learn his lesson here. Or if he is an adult, and is lacking the moral compass for right and wrong.

Since you you claim to be an adult, no forgiveness can be given. That's a problem with society today. To easy to forgive on anything. All adults should know right from wrong. I would hope he considers cheating and stealing wrong, but it don't seem like it.
You're an idiot. Sorry, but after reading your post it's the only thing I can figure.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
Zacky1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
You're an idiot. Sorry, but after reading your post it's the only thing I can figure.
I never knew once you became an adult it was immoral to make mistakes.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Teambo1634

there is a big difference to making a mistake, and knowing right from wrong and choosing wrong. Might be my marine corp etiquette but choosing to do the wrong thing is more than just a mistake.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
onenineeightsix
Inactive Account

Quote:
there is a big difference to making a mistake, and knowing right from wrong and choosing wrong. Might be my marine corp etiquette but choosing to do the wrong thing is more than just a mistake.
Never made a bad decision before? Didnt think "hey maybe I shouldnt do this?" and did it anyway? Im sure you have.
onenineeightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
marino5084

Quote:
That's not the statement I disagree with. As a matter of fact I agree that those who choose do do it are just wrong and ruin the hobby for everyone but themselves.

However the OP stated he was new to the hobby and saw or heard of others doing it and didn't know it was wrong and then publicly apologized. If you feel that doesn't deserve forgiveness, I really don't know what to say. Your statement just hit me the wrong way.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
Teambo1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenineeightsix View Post
Never made a bad decision before? Didnt think "hey maybe I shouldnt do this?" and did it anyway? Im sure you have.
As an adult. I can say no i have not. I was brought up more strict than most. Military academy at 16, graduated from NIMMI went straight to the corp.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
Zacky1053

Quote:
I think I get what you mean (might have misunderstood the first time).
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
marino5084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I think I get what you mean (might have misunderstood the first time).
I didn't misunderstand at all. I was referring to the no forgiveness statement.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Artiodactyla

I don't think you could call it "theft." Technically seeing through the backs of packs like bowman isn't theft since you still pay for the merchandise. However, bending the odds in your favor, I don't typically agree with. I have seen people pack searching at Shopko, Target, and other places, and have heard them be like "oh I totally searched that box already." I am not a fan of these people. Then again, they can't search blasters.
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #23
Teambo1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreyboggs View Post

Guru, I never said it was right , i just thought it was an edge that some people had over the new card collector like myself.
Its that statement there that leads me to believe he knew it was wrong. This comes across as, he knew it was wrong, but wanted "an edge".

I might be over the top as well, but that just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
Zacky1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
I didn't misunderstand at all. I was referring to the no forgiveness statement.
Yeah I understand the part about doing wrong KNOWING from the start it's wrong but everyone deserves forgiveness.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #25
joedperk

Got 10 rack packs... all they had... and looked when i got home and yes you can see the back card... and two packs had a bryce harper as the last card... they shouldnt be searchable and dont understand why they are...you cant see through the other packs .. must be a reason topps does it...
joedperk is offline   Reply With Quote