Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bk pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
mindcycle

Default A Case for Bringing Back Action Photography

I decided I've probably derailed enough threads regarding this that it was time to create a separate topic. Sorry in advance for the long read, feel free to skip to the cards and just look and then reply with your thoughts, I won't blame you, lol. I created this thread to discuss what I feel has been a sudden decline in action photography used for cards in this last season's releases, and possibly the last couple seasons for stuff like the flagship Prizm release. Given this was supposed to be such a great season for rookies (and thus a big season for basketball cards in general) I was scratching my head as to why most everything was looking super bland to me besides a small number of insert cards. Most cards seemed to be either a rookie holding a ball or a vet dribbling. Is this just an "off season" for Panini photography, or do people just simply not care as much about photography at this point? That's what I intend to shed some light on in this thread. It's not really meant to be a Panini bashing thread as I like a lot of their stuff, but more to start a discussion around the subject.

Quick back story..

I put together Nuggets team sets from all of the lower to mid end releases each season. Besides just base sets, I also like to pick up parallels like silver/gold/mojo in Prizm, silver/gold/green from Optic, stuff like that. It's fun putting the sets together and then chasing the harder to hit stuff. This season I've had a hard time caring much about chasing any of it to be honest. Since I only really collect Nuggets, I'll be using photos from my personal collection for the team stuff. I think you'll find this pretty comparable to other teams, however, feel free to do your own research or take a look at cards you have. I'll start with 3 of the most popular low-mid end sets and compare the last three seasons. Hoops, Donruss, and Prizm, looking at mainly the base sets and vet photos. After that I'll compare photos from a few popular rookies sets from each season. I'm not goin to get into high end stuff really as that's a whole separate topic IMO, but free to discuss those too if you'd like.

Here's some questions I had..
  • Do you think photography matters, or are parallels (gold/silver/blue/pink, etc,etc..) more important to you?
  • Do you favor photos or card designs more?
  • Do you collect vet cards, just rookies, or a combo of both?
  • If you collect more rookies, is an in game shot important to you, or is a photo shoot photo preferred?
  • Do you feel rookie cards should have some sort of action tied to them (shooting, dunking, passing, etc..) or does that matter to you?
  • Should base sets have action photos or should those be more restricted to inserts?
  • Am I wasting my time with this post?

There are certainly other questions I'm sure so feel free to come up with your own, there's no right or wrong answer here. While I'm certainly biased when it comes to this topic. I'd simply like to hear other opinions on this and hopefully strike up some conversation that I can pass along to Panini when all is said and done.

15-16 Season

Hoops
15-16 Hoops - Nuggets

Donruss
15-16 Donruss - Nuggets

Prizm
15-16 Prizm - Nuggets

16-17 Season

Hoops
16-17 Hoops - Nuggets

Donruss *these photos were also used in 1st year Optic
16-17 Donruss - Nuggets

Prizm
16-17 Prizm - Nuggets

17-18 Season

Hoops
17-18 Hoops - Nuggets

Donruss
17-18 Donruss - Nuggets

Prizm
17-18 Prizm - Nuggets

Rookies

15-16 Season

16-17 Season

17-18 Season

My collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143610104@N02/collections

Last edited by mindcycle; 04-16-2018 at 12:18 AM.
mindcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
CubKings

I'm with you, man. The photography is bad this year. Very little action shots on many these days.

It's why I love when any Westbrook cards have him in flight for a nice dunk. They are kinda rare, but they all make for a good looking card.

Another thing that bugs me is how 99% of the "high end" sets are mostly all white cards. Very little design and tons of plain white stock.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/cublife
CubKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
mindcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubKings View Post
I'm with you, man. The photography is bad this year. Very little action shots on many these days.

It's why I love when any Westbrook cards have him in flight for a nice dunk. They are kinda rare, but they all make for a good looking card.

Another thing that bugs me is how 99% of the "high end" sets are mostly all white cards. Very little design and tons of plain white stock.

Yeah I hear you on the Westbrook stuff. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league so there should be plenty of cool stuff to choose from. He does have some nice looking inserts this season but that kinda brings up another thing I've noticed. When you only have cool shots for insets and the base set is dribbling, that means most of the guys in the league will only have dribbling stuff. Any player is going to a least shoot, or jump even, a couple times a night, so why only capture/use the dribbling picture?

I intentionally left high end out of my OP since it was already getting too long, but I agree with you on that as well. I kinda get that the auto or patch, or combo of both, is the main focus in Flawless, Immaculate, and the like. But why can't there also be a cool design or an interesting pic of a guy shooting, dunking, or something other than dribbling/holding a ball? I feel like collectors are so "hit" obsessed nowadays that they don't even pay attention to that stuff or care anymore.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #4
ljandkg

OP those 15-16, 16-17, and 17-18 base comparisons show the problem exactly. This is a huge bugbear of mine and I'd love an explanation from Panini.

The thing is those low end donruss, hoops sets are usually the ONLY ones that have action shots and this year there's just a big fat zero in regards to good photography.

What's happened to bring about this change? Do Panini have to pay more for good photos? Do they only use certain stock agencies now? I'd love to know because I hate the continuous regurgitation of 'dude holding ball' photos we get now.

It'd be interesting to hold a poll and see how much it matters to collectors.

http://the21collection.weebly.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152215151@N02/albums

Last edited by ljandkg; 04-16-2018 at 01:41 AM.
ljandkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #5
lepcity

I agree guys it's complete crap this year. Ive picked up prizm revolution and 1 nt due to the rookie class, but other than that I've been picking up boxes like 2006/07 Topps chrome. Imagine how much more a Mitchell silver would command if it's him throwing down an alley oop or blocking someone or shooting a fade etc.
lepcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
8collector34

This is what goes on at Panini I think.

They used to making soccer cards, where 99% of the time, the player is running. They also want the size of the players on each card to be uniformly the same, throughout the base set. Which is not a bad concept, if executed well by supporting subsets ad insert sets, but for basketball it is paticularty hard, as it is a spectacularly athletic sport. So when Panini started out, they brought their experiences from soccer, then fans got upset and demanded more action shots. Panini responded, but really had no concept behind it. Just threw them out there. Then they started to reserve action shots for lower end base cards, experimenting with insert and subsets. They also made higher end sets that focus more on action shots like Gala, Luxe, Preferred, but still without a general concept, and often cropping arms and legs so the players' size on each card is uniformed.
If you remember back in the 90s, how Ultra and Stadium Club were bringing the best action shots, they were great only, because it had not really been done before. Although much later, but full card photos, dunks, steals, dishes and swats will get boring after a while, too. There is less harmony between them as opposed to uniformly designed cards. We all have our favorites, but most player collectors keep a variety in their PC. Cards with over the top graphics where the player is cut from the photo, close ups, where you can see sweat rolling down the cheeks, and off course full size action shots with small text to distract and maybe a white border. Photos where the player is not doing much just dribbling or standing however are the most personal. You can see the full team logo on the jersey, the undistorted face of the player, and no limbs of other players to cover the hero depicted on the card. Just you and him.

What Panini is doing now, I think, is bringing concept to their photography game. There are more and more subsets and insert sets focusing on action shots, sitting in locker rooms, holding trophies, etc. The point is for you to get the base card, because the pack is filled with them anyway. At the same time, they build up anticipation for the action shot cards in the common subsets and inserts, manipulating you into getting them because the photography or graphics on those are more exciting. Imagine that you are Panini, if you bring out the exciting stuff at the very begging, how are you going to market the other stuff? Personally, I see more exciting graphics/photos on non-patch and sticker autos as before. Patch and patch autos get chased regardless of photos. A plain white or black background brings out the colors on the patch, but over the top graphics like Spectra where the memorabilia is actually less visually exciting than the card works well too. The point is to have contrast between the graphics and the patch. While for plain jerseys it is better for the JSY color to harmonize with the colors of the card and have an exciting graphic, or an oversized, single color JSY, where that particular color will dominate the graphics.

There needs to be differences between cards in order to keep collectors and their collections exciting. That is what I try to do with my collection. Variety above all, even if I am only collecting Kobe and Shaq and only cards from 1996-2004. There is still variety. I mean, would you flip trough a binder of 500 Jordan Fleer RCs? Sure you would, just to say that you did, but even though it is a great card, you will probably get bored after the 20th page. No disrespect to hoarders. There needs to be a variety of collectors too!

Last edited by 8collector34; 04-16-2018 at 10:27 AM.
8collector34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
theleica

As a photographer, this could have to do with licensing the action photographs from the wires (AP, Getty, etc). I don't know why but it might be less expensive to get a bunch of dribbling photos. They may have to hire a freelancer here and there to get pictures of players they can't get through the wires but overall it would be cost prohibitive to have a staff photographer or even freelancers photographing regularly for them.

In terms of rookies, Panini can bang out all the photos they need for pretty much every set in a day or two and there would be no licensing fees since they own the content. Every rookie is wearing the same jersey, shoes, etc in every set so my guess is the were all taken at the same time (Summer League?).

Last edited by theleica; 04-16-2018 at 11:36 AM.
theleica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
bdrr

The only action photography you'll get from Panini is that sources from 3rd parties because it's cheaper. And because of that, you won't get many images good for cards.

You gotta remember, Topps (and Fleer/Skybox back in the day) actually employs their own photographers specifically to get shots good for cards.

You'll never get something like this (my all time favorite)

Pet peeve of the day: The Hogwarts House Points System
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
mindcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljandkg View Post
OP those 15-16, 16-17, and 17-18 base comparisons show the problem exactly. This is a huge bugbear of mine and I'd love an explanation from Panini.

The thing is those low end donruss, hoops sets are usually the ONLY ones that have action shots and this year there's just a big fat zero in regards to good photography.

What's happened to bring about this change? Do Panini have to pay more for good photos? Do they only use certain stock agencies now? I'd love to know because I hate the continuous regurgitation of 'dude holding ball' photos we get now.

It'd be interesting to hold a poll and see how much it matters to collectors.
Yeah, that's one of the things I was hoping to find out. First, to see if anyone here can shed some light on it, and if not, ask Panini directly about it once I have a decent number of responses in this thread. As a team collector, especially for a team (Nuggets) who tend to have only a few inserts in these sets, it's disappointing to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepcity View Post
I agree guys it's complete crap this year. Ive picked up prizm revolution and 1 nt due to the rookie class, but other than that I've been picking up boxes like 2006/07 Topps chrome. Imagine how much more a Mitchell silver would command if it's him throwing down an alley oop or blocking someone or shooting a fade etc.
Yeah I can only imagine! That's actually one of my favorite base sets from Topps Chrome. While that season didn't have a ton of great rookies, the photography that year was top notch IMO. When I got back into the hobby 5 years or so ago, the first couple boxes I picked up were 06-07 Chrome. Mainly because it was one of the few affordable TC boxes at the time, but it definitely grew on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8collector34 View Post

They used to making soccer cards, where 99% of the time, the player is running. They also want the size of the players on each card to be uniformly the same, throughout the base set. Which is not a bad concept, if executed well by supporting subsets ad insert sets, but for basketball it is paticularty hard, as it is a spectacularly athletic sport. So when Panini started out, they brought their experiences from soccer, then fans got upset and demanded more action shots. Panini responded, but really had no concept behind it. Just threw them out there. Then they started to reserve action shots for lower end base cards, experimenting with insert and subsets. They also made higher end sets that focus more on action shots like Gala, Luxe, Preferred, but still without a general concept, and often cropping arms and legs so the players' size on each card is uniformed.
If you remember back in the 90s, how Ultra and Stadium Club were bringing the best action shots, they were great only, because it had not really been done before. Although much later, but full card photos, dunks, steals, dishes and swats will get boring after a while, too. There is less harmony between them as opposed to uniformly designed cards. We all have our favorites, but most player collectors keep a variety in their PC. Cards with over the top graphics where the player is cut from the photo, close ups, where you can see sweat rolling down the cheeks, and off course full size action shots with small text to distract and maybe a white border. Photos where the player is not doing much just dribbling or standing however are the most personal. You can see the full team logo on the jersey, the undistorted face of the player, and no limbs of other players to cover the hero depicted on the card. Just you and him.

What Panini is doing now, I think, is bringing concept to their photography game. There are more and more subsets and insert sets focusing on action shots, sitting in locker rooms, holding trophies, etc. The point is for you to get the base card, because the pack is filled with them anyway. At the same time, they build up anticipation for the action shot cards in the common subsets and inserts, manipulating you into getting them because the photography or graphics on those are more exciting. Imagine that you are Panini, if you bring out the exciting stuff at the very begging, how are you going to market the other stuff? Personally, I see more exciting graphics/photos on non-patch and sticker autos as before. Patch and patch autos get chased regardless of photos. A plain white or black background brings out the colors on the patch, but over the top graphics like Spectra where the memorabilia is actually less visually exciting than the card works well too. The point is to have contrast between the graphics and the patch. While for plain jerseys it is better for the JSY color to harmonize with the colors of the card and have an exciting graphic, or an oversized, single color JSY, where that particular color will dominate the graphics.

There needs to be differences between cards in order to keep collectors and their collections exciting. That is what I try to do with my collection. Variety above all, even if I am only collecting Kobe and Shaq and only cards from 1996-2004. There is still variety. I mean, would you flip trough a binder of 500 Jordan Fleer RCs? Sure you would, just to say that you did, but even though it is a great card, you will probably get bored after the 20th page. No disrespect to hoarders. There needs to be a variety of collectors too!
Thanks for your thoughts here. I can definitely see the uniformity you're referring to. All dribbling photos do certainly provide that uniformity while having the inserts stand out. The only issue with all dribbling photos and action for inserts only, is you leave most players in the dust so to speak. As mentioned above, as a Nuggets collector we tend to get very few inserts in the low-mid ends sets. That means I'm mostly chasing cool parallels from releases like Prizm, Select, Optic, etc.. The problem, for me personally at least, is I only have the same looking dribbling photos to collect from each release so it makes me question why I'm even chasing that stuff. There's zero variety outside of the specific parallel and the design of the card. For example, I love gold "prizm" cards from Prizm, Optic, Select. I grabbed a bunch of the Prizm golds this season but by the time Select came out I had little to no desire to pick up more gold parallels since they basically looked the same as Prizm stuff did to me with either a guy dribbling or holding/passing a ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleica View Post
As a photographer, this could have to do with licensing the action photographs from the wires (AP, Getty, etc). I don't know why but it might be less expensive to get a bunch of dribbling photos. They may have to hire a freelancer here and there to get pictures of players they can't get through the wires but overall it would be cost prohibitive to have a staff photographer or even freelancers photographing regularly for them.

In terms of rookies, Panini can bang out all the photos they need for pretty much every set in a day or two and there would be no licensing fees since they own the content. Every rookie is wearing the same jersey, shoes, etc in every set so my guess is the were all taken at the same time (Summer League?).
That makes sense but I wonder if it truly is a cost issue/concern? I mean, they're clearly making a killing on releases like Prizm for example, so you'd think they could easily afford better photos. It could also be due to them trying to put together a cohesive looking set, like 8collector34 above mentions above, and all dribbling photos provides that. But for every release..? That's what bothers me.

And for rookies, photoshoot stuff is fine IMO. We've always had photoshoot stuff for rookies since you can't really get an in game before they even play.. They could even vary it like they did last year for Donruss where the players were dunking and stuff like that. But if you're going to release a set at the end of the season, really how hard would it be to take/buy like 40 or 50 new photos of all the rookies?

Last edited by mindcycle; 04-16-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
mindcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
The only action photography you'll get from Panini is that sources from 3rd parties because it's cheaper. And because of that, you won't get many images good for cards.

You gotta remember, Topps (and Fleer/Skybox back in the day) actually employs their own photographers specifically to get shots good for cards.

You'll never get something like this (my all time favorite)

Yeah man, such an awesome shot, and you may be right about them having to source it. If you look back at the 15-16 season there are some great shots though, IMO at least. I wonder if they sourced all those?

Maybe it's just my memories of collecting in the 90's, but shots like the Jordan you posted are what makes collecting bball cards great.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #11
imbluestreak23

Quote:

It's basically like going from free internet XXX to having to pay blue ray prices for the soft core stuff?
Old 04-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #12
smalltown

There are good action shots this year too. They just happen to be in a set nobody cares about. Prestige is absolutely one of my favourite sets this year. The Cracked Ice and Rain Parallels are stunning.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #13
mindcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
There are good action shots this year too. They just happen to be in a set nobody cares about. Prestige is absolutely one of my favourite sets this year. The Cracked Ice and Rain Parallels are stunning.

Yeah man for sure! This was the best set of the season for action photos. This and Status, although status is cropped photos but still nice. I was going to mention Prestige but sadly all of the Nuggets cards are still dribbling so I didn't buy any of them..go figure.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #14
mindcycle

I just randomly came across this photo while I was searching for Jokic cards on eBay and thought it was a pretty good example of why I dislike "holding the ball" photos so much. One of these if from 15-16 Donruss (right) and one is from this season's Donruss (left).

Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #15
buckunteer

The difference between Hoops a couple years ago and this year is startling. The whole point of that low-end set was, theoretically, to showcase better photography to make up for the lack of bells and whistles. Ridiculous how lazy they got with it. Might signal their desire to shelve it as a product entirely.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #16
8collector34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcycle View Post

Thanks for your thoughts here. I can definitely see the uniformity you're referring to. All dribbling photos do certainly provide that uniformity while having the inserts stand out. The only issue with all dribbling photos and action for inserts only, is you leave most players in the dust so to speak. As mentioned above, as a Nuggets collector we tend to get very few inserts in the low-mid ends sets. That means I'm mostly chasing cool parallels from releases like Prizm, Select, Optic, etc.. The problem, for me personally at least, is I only have the same looking dribbling photos to collect from each release so it makes me question why I'm even chasing that stuff. There's zero variety outside of the specific parallel and the design of the card. For example, I love gold "prizm" cards from Prizm, Optic, Select. I grabbed a bunch of the Prizm golds this season but by the time Select came out I had little to no desire to pick up more gold parallels since they basically looked the same as Prizm stuff did to me with either a guy dribbling or holding/passing a ball.

I never really thought about it that way, but I see your point. But that has always been an issue with Panini. They leave a lot of current players out in exchange for multiple card of star players, old timers and parallels for rich and poor.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #17
8collector34

Quote:
I just randomly came across this photo while I was searching for Jokic cards on eBay and thought it was a pretty good example of why I dislike "holding the ball" photos so much. One of these if from 15-16 Donruss (right) and one is from this season's Donruss (left).

This is disturbing...

This is Kobe base cards in Stadium Club from 96-03 including his Rookie stuff

This is Shaq in Fleer Ultra from 96-04. Maybe they could have included a blocked shot or something, but Shaq was kind of a rim rocker, so there is less dimension to his game.

... and now a random scan of Collector's Choice

Last edited by 8collector34; 04-18-2018 at 08:39 AM.
8collector34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #18
derotter

Quote:

Not SO weird to me, as Jokic tends to play like a point forward on the high post, and this is one of his "signature" moves I think.

I would like to see more action pictures of him, but that was basically the same thing with Sabonis back in the day

https://www.comc.com/Teams/Basketbal...s,=sabonis,i12

Located in Paris, France, but with a US postal address.
derotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
Hallco

Awesome that you started this conversation. Many of us have been having similar discussion on occasion in the Show Something and Poverty threads. My point of reference on this is only for Hoops and not the other sets that have come out this season. Since 2012, I have bought a box of Hoops to have for my own collection. I might trade,sell or even give away some of the cards that don't fit, but for the most part, the base cards stay with me. This year though...after seeing the photography(with the base cards in particular), I chose to not to get a box. I just bought singles that I liked, most of which were specifically based on great photos which happen to only be inserts. Lights, Camera, Action, Swat Team and these 2 were my favorites:

But to try and answer your original questions...

1-Photography matters to me, but since I am not interested in hits, autos and relics 99.9% of the time, I consider myself unimportant in the big picture of where the card market is today. I do like parallels, but if the photo is blah on the base, it's still blah on the One of One!

2-I favor photos, although if a bad design affects the photos, it could be a deal breaker for me

3-I collect vets and rookies, although I don't understand putting retired players in base sets. Unless it is a release that has only retired players, it just doesn't make sense to me.

4-I would prefer a rookie action shot, but I don't have a problem with the way they do them now for Hoops. I think it gets old if they don't have action shots in later season releases though.

5-I'm sure my opinion has been overstated so far, but absolutely base sets should have action photos!

6-Not a waste of time. Thank you for posting this!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #20
mindcycle

Quote:
This is disturbing...

This is Kobe base cards in Stadium Club from 96-03 including his Rookie stuff

This is Shaq in Fleer Ultra from 96-04. Maybe they could have included a blocked shot or something, but Shaq was kind of a rim rocker, so there is less dimension to his game.

... and now a random scan of Collector's Choice

This is is an example of why I was a collector in the 90's. Such great looking cards. They didn't have to reply on gimmicks like white sparkle or pretty pink pulsar parallels to sell cards.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #21
mindcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotter View Post
Not SO weird to me, as Jokic tends to play like a point forward on the high post, and this is one of his "signature" moves I think.

I would like to see more action pictures of him, but that was basically the same thing with Sabonis back in the day

https://www.comc.com/Teams/Basketbal...s,=sabonis,i12
That's certainly true. I still think they could use like a rebounding picture or something other than the same looking pose of him standing there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallco View Post
Awesome that you started this conversation. Many of us have been having similar discussion on occasion in the Show Something and Poverty threads. My point of reference on this is only for Hoops and not the other sets that have come out this season. Since 2012, I have bought a box of Hoops to have for my own collection. I might trade,sell or even give away some of the cards that don't fit, but for the most part, the base cards stay with me. This year though...after seeing the photography(with the base cards in particular), I chose to not to get a box. I just bought singles that I liked, most of which were specifically based on great photos which happen to only be inserts. Lights, Camera, Action, Swat Team and these 2 were my favorites:

Those are great looking cards for sure. There's still a place for those kind of cards AND cool looking base cards IMO. That's part the problem, Panini is starting to use action shots for insets only. I think action shots can exist in both the base set and inserts. Just make the insert stand out (like they already pretty much do) and you're all set. Not all that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallco View Post
But to try and answer your original questions...

1-Photography matters to me, but since I am not interested in hits, autos and relics 99.9% of the time, I consider myself unimportant in the big picture of where the card market is today. I do like parallels, but if the photo is blah on the base, it's still blah on the One of One!

2-I favor photos, although if a bad design affects the photos, it could be a deal breaker for me

3-I collect vets and rookies, although I don't understand putting retired players in base sets. Unless it is a release that has only retired players, it just doesn't make sense to me.

4-I would prefer a rookie action shot, but I don't have a problem with the way they do them now for Hoops. I think it gets old if they don't have action shots in later season releases though.

5-I'm sure my opinion has been overstated so far, but absolutely base sets should have action photos!

6-Not a waste of time. Thank you for posting this!
Thanks for your answers! I do agree with you about vet cards in base sets. I can understand it if it's in a higher end set with an auto, patch, or patch/auto. But why in a base set when the guy hasn't player in 10 years? lol Makes no sense.

Last edited by mindcycle; 04-19-2018 at 05:50 PM.