AD Golden Auction 100

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #26
gonygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal875 View Post
The last time the mets had a "Puerto Rican Team" was 2006 when Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado BOTH had a great NLCS until your precious American, Aaron Heilman gave up a 3 run bomb to Yadier Molina; who is from... drum roll.... Puerto Rico.

Your racist garbage needs to stay off an otherwise enlightening forum.
stop the b.s. n playing the race card it comes down to acquiring n drafting n developing the right players. That is something the mets are aweful at. I'd take any color or nationality playing if they didn't suck. They typically overpay n sign the wrong players at the wrong times, ie. jason bay. Instead of using their money wisely n doing what the yanks n redsox n other successful teams have done in the past , which is drafting/paying for top tier draft pics who slip in the draft due to asking for a few million more then their slots. And they wonder why they cant develop from within. The mets just pic n pay according to their slot which is ridiculous n have been doing so for yrs. They barely develop anyone, cause their minor leagues is n has been awful for yrs and don't give me ike davis. Hes fine n will be good, but I'm saying that maybe 3-5 players who are above average have come from their minor league system in the last 15 yrs. Btw, how the heck is dan warthen this teams pitching coach? Every pitcher on this teams has gotten worse. I don't mean to insult anyone with special needs, but he is a tool ...Poor management, poor decision making, poor use of funds, building a ballpark which is a symbol for freddie wilpon's memories of the old brooklyn dodgers. For god sake, colors inside are black n green, lol That place should be surrounded by orange, white n blue, it looks like a haunted house. This team is still paying bobby bonilla , what else do u need to know...
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #27
brewcrew8

Guess it's time for you to join the Yankees bandwagon
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #28
wee111

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
Guess it's time for you to join the Yankees bandwagon
I hate the yankees more than the wilpons, and that's saying something.
wee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #29
jbellis74

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee111 View Post
Crooks. Hopefully they lose the lawsuit and the rest of their money. They can't afford to run a New York team, but are to greedy to sell. They couldn't even afford Reyes for 100 Mill????? Who the #@#@#@#@ is going to watch a Mets team without reyes? Or K-rod? OR ANYONE ELSE BESIDES POOR GOD DAMN DAVID WRIGHT?

I hope they go bankrupt ASAP.
Makes complete perfect sense..

1) Never won with Reyes and neither will Miami
2) KRod seriously????? Not even going to justify this with a response
3) Wright needs to go
4) Bay needs to go
5) Santana needs to go
6) Pelfrey needs to go
7) Neise needs to go

Shall I continue? They need to rebuild from the bottom up.....

Sorry dude but the truth hurts and ive been a Mets fan since 1982. They will not and cannot compete in their division until at least 2013

Last edited by jbellis74; 12-09-2011 at 11:54 AM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #30
TDiddy532

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee111 View Post
Yes, laugh at the team now, but in a couple years we'll have Harvey, Nimmo, Wheeler, familia, Mejia, and gorsky up, and Davis, Duda, and Wright will be hitting, and you won't be laughing. Quote me on this after the 2013 season if I'm wrong.
So a core of 22-26 year-old players who haven't played above AA-ball are going to be winning ballgames in the NL East by 2013? #KeepDreaming

Former Failed Mets Minor Leaguer/Non-Prospect
TDiddy532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
MetDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
Makes complete perfect sense..

1) Never won with Reyes and neither will Miami
2) KRod seriously????? Not even going to justify this with a response
3) Wright needs to go
4) Bay needs to go
5) Santana needs to go
6) Pelfrey needs to go
7) Neise needs to go

Shall I continue? They need to rebuild from the bottom up.....

Sorry dude but the truth hurts and ive been a Mets fan since 1982. They will not and cannot compete in their division until at least 2013
I find it odd that the mets are listening to trade offers on everyone, but Wright is considered "untouchable". Sadly, he may be past his peak. Im not just talking about HR/RBI. For the first few years of his career he had a sick BA once there were 2 strikes on him. Something insane like 350 - 375.
Now he strikes out. His swing in general seems different. I dunno if Citifield and the ridiculous right field gap is partly to blame or the head-shot he took a few years ago has made him a tad jumpy to step in the bucket or what. He used to shoot alot of balls to RF gap for doubles, and hit a bunch of opposite field HR. That David Wright is but a memory. Ok so , his back is better and the wall are coming in. he might return to 300 30/30 100 form. and if he does then what ? We get outbid by the freakin Marlins ?

So either trade him now and get someone worthwhile or re-sign him now.
Dont trade him in the middle of the season for a couple of scrubs to be named later, dont let him go to FA,especially to a division rival, and only get a 2nd round pick in return.

/end rant
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #32
metscollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
I find it odd that the mets are listening to trade offers on everyone, but Wright is considered "untouchable".
/end rant
my thinking on this is that theyd be selling low right now. but they moved the fence in and if his #s start to look good early next season they will trade him by the deadline and get something good for him.
metscollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #33
jbellis74

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
I find it odd that the mets are listening to trade offers on everyone, but Wright is considered "untouchable". Sadly, he may be past his peak. Im not just talking about HR/RBI. For the first few years of his career he had a sick BA once there were 2 strikes on him. Something insane like 350 - 375.
Now he strikes out. His swing in general seems different. I dunno if Citifield and the ridiculous right field gap is partly to blame or the head-shot he took a few years ago has made him a tad jumpy to step in the bucket or what. He used to shoot alot of balls to RF gap for doubles, and hit a bunch of opposite field HR. That David Wright is but a memory. Ok so , his back is better and the wall are coming in. he might return to 300 30/30 100 form. and if he does then what ? We get outbid by the freakin Marlins ?

So either trade him now and get someone worthwhile or re-sign him now.
Dont trade him in the middle of the season for a couple of scrubs to be named later, dont let him go to FA,especially to a division rival, and only get a 2nd round pick in return.

/end rant
Bingo! Not the same player since that day nor will he ever be
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #34
gopherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
None of them are really great prospects though. The Mets are the worst run franchise in sports IMO. Luckily they got rid of that dolt Minaya, so things should improve. Still, they are no where near competing anytime soon.
Have you heard of the Timberwolves?
gopherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
MetDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by metscollector View Post
my thinking on this is that theyd be selling low right now. but they moved the fence in and if his #s start to look good early next season they will trade him by the deadline and get something good for him.
Like the K-Rod and Beltran Trades ?
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #36
Army19K

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal875 View Post
The last time the mets had a "Puerto Rican Team" was 2006 when Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado BOTH had a great NLCS until your precious American, Aaron Heilman gave up a 3 run bomb to Yadier Molina; who is from... drum roll.... Puerto Rico.

Your racist garbage needs to stay off an otherwise enlightening forum.
Puerto Rican is a race now???
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote