Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #276
thebrokepoet

Once again . Incredible and thank you so very much

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #277
jlzinck

More items for sale for TEAM CONNOR

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...ml#post4387233
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #278
lawjawjones

I'd be buying if I had a paypal, but my prayers are with Connor and Connor's family.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #279
jataman2612

It breaks my heart to hear someone going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can only hope for a miracle so that Connor can live the life he deserves to live.

Also possibly interested in current Indians (Not crazy about current card designs though)
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #280
TrueNE_09

To the top.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #281
KevJo

Still praying for Connor and family, and his healing!

Kevin
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #282
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Stick in there little one- and family. We will make it through.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #283
TrueNE_09

Dustin - not sure if you have had time to be on here, but we're thinking of you. I hope that you somehow find peace in the difficult journey you're on right now. We'll be here with you each step of the way....OK?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #284
ld8759

Still thinking of you and praying for you.
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #285
redsoxx11

Stay strong everythign will work out
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #286
TOMBB25

Back to the top for Connor
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #287
thebrokepoet

Buddy has been having a rough few days . I am a mess . Literally fighting back tears all day . The last few days actually . So scared, leaving for home tomorrow if all goes well . Wish the problems were staying here . Not sure I am as strong as I have to be to endure this . Feel this pain so deep in my chest and I know it is anxiety and fear . But it literally hurts . Ready to go home but feel this deep connection with these nurses and doctors . It is breaking my heart and it appears breaking theirs as well just saying goodbye knowing it is the last time we will ever see some of them again . Just upset, confused, sad . I want to update you all nonstop just get choked up talking and thinking about everything . But you are all the best God damn rag tag group of online friends a guy could hope to have . Your support, kind words and generosity have so far exceeded anything me or my wife could possibly have imagined . Tomorrow is gonna be a huge day for him . For us all . Keep him in your prayers and thoughts as I will be a major culture shock for us all . Thanks again EVERYONE . Just incredible

Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #288
BostonNut

Hang in there the best you can...
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #289
TrueNE_09

Dustin - the pain won't go away for some time, and you are feeling things that you should feel - especially the fear and anxiety of knowing the environment will change. The oversight and guidance and help the staff provide you gives you support and confidence, and when you head home, it will be for a different stage in the journey. This is going to be the most difficult stage, no doubt. It is ok to feel the fear you feel, and none of us would be any different than you. I am sure that I wouldn't even be able to put these things down in words on a computer, I don't think I'd be able to raise my head from the tears in order to look at the screen.

My point in all this is that is it normal and natural to feel how you feel, and we fully understand why you feel this way.

Why don't you give the ol Blowout crew a break for a bit? We'll stay here, and continue to think about you....but you have other things to focus on. Stop by if and when you want/can....we know you will.

The next few days WILL be a huge shock for you and the family. Just try to push through it as well as you can. The pain and fear will eventually subside and you'll all be in a more peaceful place eventually.

Stay strong. We're here for you.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #290
jeffro318

I don't know wat to say, but I am still here. Thoughts and prayers.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #291
37Jetson

Hang in there Dustin! We are continuing to pray for your entire family, especially your special little boy.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #292
thebrokepoet

Jinx'd myself . Forgot to knock on wood . We will not be headed home tomorrow . Some of the nursing parties enabling us to go home had to back out as they were not fully aware of the illness and his inevitable outcome . Was to saddened by our situation and could not take on such a heartbreaking role . In the meanwhile, we will sit it looks like . Thursday is not out of the question, but probably next week . Que sad music as I fade into this darkness . Kidding, there is light in this tunnel . Just at a deceptive distance .

Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #293
DannyShakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Jinx'd myself . Forgot to knock on wood . We will not be headed home tomorrow . Some of the nursing parties enabling us to go home had to back out as they were not fully aware of the illness and his inevitable outcome . Was to saddened by our situation and could not take on such a heartbreaking role . In the meanwhile, we will sit it looks like . Thursday is not out of the question, but probably next week . Que sad music as I fade into this darkness . Kidding, there is light in this tunnel . Just at a deceptive distance .
Truly sorry that you and your wife are going through this, as well as Connor. We're all here for you my friend. Keeping Connor in my thoughts always!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #294
ld8759

Quote:
Just read this and don't know what to say except that we are all with you and your family. When you've been at the hospital for so long,it almost becomes more comfortable than home. One day at a time...

Last edited by ld8759; 03-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #295
jlzinck

Quote:
Well brother make something positive out of this. Enjoy the extra time with your "2nd family" the staff at the hospital.

I know you would rather be home but it sounds you have become very fond of them.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #296
TASS

My prayers are for Connor I have a tough time reading the updates as every time I do I have to take a break as the tears well up.

I hope the best for your entire family through such a difficult time, hang in there and may God bless Connor.

Dustin you are a real man for staying so strong throughout this whole ordeal and I know your son feels your strength and commitment.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #297
thebrokepoet

Sooooooooo much built up on today . Now today is here . All that anxiety , emotion , preparation for nothing . On top of my zillion uncontrolled emotions now sits that . Nothing . No date . No plan . We sit . And all these damn fools want to come in and talk about it . Are we okay ? YES , we are okay as okay can be facing this absolutely insane, unimaginable, unexplainable turn of events in my life that I must face as my reality and carry on with my life . YES, doing just fine . Jesuslouisus . I said to the doctor who has saved my sons life several times now in front of my very eyes that it our own fault for getting upset and having our hopes set on a day . It just really felt real this time . We have been told we could be going home so many times now . Actually when we first got here we were told 2 or 3 days . The doctor then said in return it is 100 percent their fault for continuing to say and push that date on us knowing we were setting ourselves up for more anguish if it fell through . That took big balls in my opinion knowing we are angered upset parents with a very sick child . AkA Ticking TimeBombs . He is a good guy . I appreciate that . Think it's day 52 . Tomorrow will not be happening . Looks like a week or two . Fingers crossed . We got this ... No Matter What !!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #298
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

been thinking and praying for you guys since the beginning. you guys are a strong minded family. keep rolling with the punches

prayers and thoughts from philadelphia
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #299
DannyShakes

Quote:
Sooooooooo much built up on today . Now today is here . All that anxiety , emotion , preparation for nothing . On top of my zillion uncontrolled emotions now sits that . Nothing . No date . No plan . We sit . And all these damn fools want to come in and talk about it . Are we okay ? YES , we are okay as okay can be facing this absolutely insane, unimaginable, unexplainable turn of events in my life that I must face as my reality and carry on with my life . YES, doing just fine . Jesuslouisus . I said to the doctor who has saved my sons life several times now in front of my very eyes that it our own fault for getting upset and having our hopes set on a day . It just really felt real this time . We have been told we could be going home so many times now . Actually when we first got here we were told 2 or 3 days . The doctor then said in return it is 100 percent their fault for continuing to say and push that date on us knowing we were setting ourselves up for more anguish if it fell through . That took big balls in my opinion knowing we are angered upset parents with a very sick child . AkA Ticking TimeBombs . He is a good guy . I appreciate that . Think it's day 52 . Tomorrow will not be happening . Looks like a week or two . Fingers crossed . We got this ... No Matter What !!
Stay strong Dustin!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #300
ld8759

Dustin,Connor is right where he needs to be for now. For whatever reasons,it's not time for home yet. Stay strong and know that you have a ton of friends and even strangers (like me) out in the world praying for you every day.

Lucy in Mass