Blowout Cards Forums
incentives bonus

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #76
pskell02

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Only thing I want to see out of Varlamov now is what he can do against a team that is a little more capable on the scoring end. That series would have been over a long time ago if NY could put the puck in the net at a little better rate. Not sure what he is going to face against the Devils. They aren't exactly what I would call an offensive juggernaut.
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #77
jbellis74

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Only thing I want to see out of Varlamov now is what he can do against a team that is a little more capable on the scoring end. That series would have been over a long time ago if NY could put the puck in the net at a little better rate. Not sure what he is going to face against the Devils. They aren't exactly what I would call an offensive juggernaut.
Devils lost (edit)

Last edited by jbellis74; 04-28-2009 at 09:11 PM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #78
pskell02

Wow Marty....wow...
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #79
mikeymo

Ovie vs Crosby.... should be exciting to watch
mikeymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #80
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

We have the series we've been waiting four years for now! Pens-Caps
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #81
pskell02

All it took was for the Caps to win their first series in 11 years

On a side note, Melrose picked Wash....I like the Pens chances
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #82
ebacardi2

Quote:
All it took was for the Caps to win their first series in 11 years

On a side note, Melrose picked Wash....I like the Pens chances

caps owned pitts in the regular season . caps in 6 maybe 4 WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE CAPS OF THE REGULAR SEASON AND VARLAMOV IN THE NET.. LIGHTS OUT CINDY!!
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #83
solt0131

I'll really be surprised if the Pens can beat the Caps, the Caps look strong up and down now from top to bottom. Might be the best talent ever created on one team ever in the history of hockey...how are they going to be able to beat the greatest player in the history of hockey? I can't possibly see how they can match up. The Pens should be honored just to be on the same ice with such talented hockey players.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #84
ebacardi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I'll really be surprised if the Pens can beat the Caps, the Caps look strong up and down now from top to bottom. Might be the best talent ever created on one team ever in the history of hockey...how are they going to be able to beat the greatest player in the history of hockey? I can't possibly see how they can match up. The Pens should be honored just to be on the same ice with such talented hockey players.

what a little sarcastic xxxx. LMAO

Who on Pitts. can stop Semin or Ovechkin? No body see season stats. Varlamov is not JT. .98 GA in 11 games. Pitts better get ready for a 4 game exit... wait Ill give them 1 game.

Headline: HOT TEAM MAKES PLAYOFFS BUT IS NO MATCH FOR OVECHKIN AND THE CAPS IN 4 GAME SWEEP
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #85
pskell02

For the Caps to win, AO will have to finally show up for a playoff series for the first time in his career. Varlamov has to prove that he can make the same stops that he did against the Rangers when facing a team that is actually capable of putting the puck in the net.

For the Pens to win, Orpik and Scuds need to plant AO on his ass as often as possible. Kunitz needs to give Green the same treatment he gave Kimo in the first round. And Fleury needs to not give up the weak goals like Lundy did in the first round.

Not calling a winner just yet though. Its going to be one hell of a series. Probably a minimum of 6 games.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #86
solt0131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
what a little sarcastic xxxx. LMAO

Who on Pitts. can stop Semin or Ovechkin? No body see season stats. Varlamov is not JT. .98 GA in 11 games. Pitts better get ready for a 4 game exit... wait Ill give them 1 game.

Headline: HOT TEAM MAKES PLAYOFFS BUT IS NO MATCH FOR OVECHKIN AND THE CAPS IN 4 GAME SWEEP
Nobody can stop Ovechkin or Semin, that's why they are easily considered the #1 and #2 players in all of hockey. Varlamov should easily be considered the rookie of the year as well. I see the Caps sweeping the Pens, then sweeping the Bruins or Canes and then sweeping the Stanley Cup. Start planning the parade Washington, this one is in the bag.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #87
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Nobody can stop Ovechkin or Semin, that's why they are easily considered the #1 and #2 players in all of hockey. Varlamov should easily be considered the rookie of the year as well. I see the Caps sweeping the Pens, then sweeping the Bruins or Canes and then sweeping the Stanley Cup. Start planning the parade Washington, this one is in the bag.
Ow, that burns... the ginger ale that shot out of my nose on your last two posts. I think Caps in 7 but it could go either way. Impossible to contain Malkin and when you do that you leave Sid open and vice versa, plus Fleury stepped up to the elite level last round, Varmalov is still untested.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #88
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

That sure sounds like a lot of sweeping going on there. Could Varlamov be the second coming of Ken Dryden? A hot goalie can take down just about any powerhouse offense, so I am predicting the Caps in 5.....and this is coming from a Pens fan.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #89
pskell02

No one else is mentioning that AO hasn't done anything "elite" in the playoffs since he came into the league. If he doesn't play up to his top level, they will not win. Plain and simple. It took them 7 games to rid the Rangers...
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #90
solt0131

Nobody can stop the Caps! With Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom, Green and Varlamov they have like the top 5 players in the World! Nobody can stop em money...NO NO NO NO---Body! It's gotta be the shoes Money....gotta be the shoes!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #91
Kent Clements

What about the OTHER series !!! Can Anaheim do it again ?? Will the Black Hawks continue to grow up in the playoffs ?? Will the B's continue their strong play ?? Ovie vs Crosby is great for T.V. but the Stanley Cup winner will come out of the other series.

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #92
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

I am hoping for Chicago to take Vancouver out quickly. If Anaheim can beat Detroit, they become the Cup favorites in my opinion. I can see the Canes taking down the B's in six. Ward might just be writing his name in to the playoff history book to solidify himself as one of the NHL's money goalies. If Thomas can guide the Bruins past Carolina, I think that would make for a great story too. In the end my prediction is that the Wings, Hawks, Canes and Caps will all advance....and there will be a sweep in one of the series.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #93
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Man , playoff hockey is the best.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #94
fm8418

Lidstrom Goooooal

Red Wings 2/3 on power play tonight. Holmstrom took a nice fall right after the goal to.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #95
vortekv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Lidstrom Goooooal

Red Wings 2/3 on power play tonight. Holmstrom took a nice fall right after the goal to.
that was a damn LASER from the point

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #96
fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortekv8 View Post
that was a damn LASER from the point
too bad Selanne counterd
Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #97
fm8418

Lidstrom was clutch. I thought the Ducks were dominating most of the 3rd then the Wings turned it on.

I hope someone lays Perry out, constantly hitting and putting people in headlocks after the whistle
Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #98
jacobbigshow

Yea the Wings won but they didn't look that good, the Ducks are going to be a good series, I would say it goes 7. Wings should win, but you never know what can happen in game 7.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #99
vortekv8

ahhh, I dont see 7 happening. Wings looked a little slugish tonight but came on when they needed to. Long lay off, so they will be fine now for the rest of the series. Ozzy looked great tonight. And Lidstrom...well what can you say, the man steps it up when his team needs it most. That "C" is there for a reason! Great overall game though. Very exciting and entertaining. You can count on some more fights in this series for sure.

Always Looking For Zetterberg Patch Autos
vortekv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #100
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

Quote:
No one else is mentioning that AO hasn't done anything "elite" in the playoffs since he came into the league. If he doesn't play up to his top level, they will not win. Plain and simple. It took them 7 games to rid the Rangers...
Clearly you didn't watch the Caps v. Flyers series last season... and that goal in Game 5 of the Rangers series, really?