Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

Notices

COINS & CURRENCY Post your Coins, Currency, & Precious Metals Hobby Talk

Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #276
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post

funny poems about snakes

Started with $25K last Jan and in last 20 months I've managed to pay off my mortgage and purchase few other properties and quit my job and able to just sit around the house all day and do pretty much nothing other than go to costco once a week and buy 10lbs of Ketchup or 48 rolls of paper towels I won't use for two years.
Crypto has done wonder for my self and my family.
I have no desire to back away from it it has opened new doors that I never imagined.
That's awesome i wish i got into crypto before this January haha congrats. Someday i hope i can say the same. I hold pretty much just NEO right now i think im going to only invest in BTC from now on though. It's expensive but it'll come back around again. I have faith.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #277
RogerGodahell

I've been through the ringer since i've been in it. I think im probably down 90% maybe more im not even sure at this point. I haven't bought any crypto in several months but im going to here shortly in the next month or two. Gotta load up while it's down. There isn't much going on atm but that's not a bad thing if you're trying to acquire more.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #278
ninjacookies

Still money to be made in the market, but I'm scaling back. Nothing but sideways movement. Volume continues to trend down, and the hysteria is long gone. Youtube videos aren't getting the same views, which is typically a good gauge on popularity and sentiment.

I'd say almost all of the volume now is coming from daytraders, and not the medium to long term investors and speculators.

That XRP whale dump a little over a week ago was hilarious.

Polo eliminating leverage trading. I have a feeling they're insolvent and on the verge of an exit scheme soon.

Decentralized exchanges cannot come soon enough.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #279
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Still money to be made in the market, but I'm scaling back. Nothing but sideways movement. Volume continues to trend down, and the hysteria is long gone. Youtube videos aren't getting the same views, which is typically a good gauge on popularity and sentiment.

I'd say almost all of the volume now is coming from daytraders, and not the medium to long term investors and speculators.

That XRP whale dump a little over a week ago was hilarious.

Polo eliminating leverage trading. I have a feeling they're insolvent and on the verge of an exit scheme soon.

Decentralized exchanges cannot come soon enough.
I agree any movement is pretty stale atm. I think some regulation is needed to quell fear of investors entering the market This is all still so new it wont happen overnight. Most companies still don't have a working product. Im purely just guessing here but i think the next catalyst that will spark a major bull run will be one of the alt coins taking catching on and being used mainstream. I don't know which one it would be, it could be one that hasn't been invented yet. Something like Amazon or Facebook one of those companies if they were to make a cryptocurrency would really do wonders for the crypto market. I know a lot of people don't like Ripple but if banks really do adopt XRP that could blow up and go crazy. They have a high circulating supply but if they're doing billions or trillions of dollars worth of transactions annually that would do it.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #280
AlexHunter

Ether helped us buy a house! We bought a total 43 and some change with an average of price of $57 each. Thought We held on too long after it went over 1k and then crashed,, but was able to sell in the beginning of May this year for around $740 each.

Spreadsheet: goo.gl/jh6Dhr
AlexHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #281
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
I agree any movement is pretty stale atm. I think some regulation is needed to quell fear of investors entering the market This is all still so new it wont happen overnight. Most companies still don't have a working product. Im purely just guessing here but i think the next catalyst that will spark a major bull run will be one of the alt coins taking catching on and being used mainstream. I don't know which one it would be, it could be one that hasn't been invented yet. Something like Amazon or Facebook one of those companies if they were to make a cryptocurrency would really do wonders for the crypto market. I know a lot of people don't like Ripple but if banks really do adopt XRP that could blow up and go crazy. They have a high circulating supply but if they're doing billions or trillions of dollars worth of transactions annually that would do it.

Regulation is definitely needed. Which will undoubtedly create more market stability (less daily pump and dumps). But that goes against what crypto was made for (lack of transparency, decentralized, etc). Catch 22.

I do also think, out of all the alts, xrp has the best chance to possibly overtake the market in dominance. However, this presents some very large obstacles:

1) btc is still the standard by which all other alts are priced against. if this dynamic changes, it might be catastrophic to the entire crypto landscape

2) xrp has a near infinitesimal supply. Yes, it's capped, but 39 trillian is massive.

3) Banks. I do not trust them. I've seen what they've done with gold and silver. Institutions that are directly controlled/tied to the government typically are not friendly towards allowing direct threats to the dollar.

But 1 and 3 are definitely my biggest concerns for ripple long term. We'll see how it shakes out.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #282
ninjacookies

And just as I wrote that...geronimooooooooooooooooooo.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #283
RogerGodahell

Quote:
And just as I wrote that...geronimooooooooooooooooooo.
Wow what happened? It looks like prices jumped off a cliff. I hate that everything is so closely connected to BTC. They need to break away from each other.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #284
Texans81

Quote:
Regulation is definitely needed. Which will undoubtedly create more market stability (less daily pump and dumps). But that goes against what crypto was made for (lack of transparency, decentralized, etc). Catch 22.

I do also think, out of all the alts, xrp has the best chance to possibly overtake the market in dominance. However, this presents some very large obstacles:

1) btc is still the standard by which all other alts are priced against. if this dynamic changes, it might be catastrophic to the entire crypto landscape

2) xrp has a near infinitesimal supply. Yes, it's capped, but 39 trillian is massive.

3) Banks. I do not trust them. I've seen what they've done with gold and silver. Institutions that are directly controlled/tied to the government typically are not friendly towards allowing direct threats to the dollar.

But 1 and 3 are definitely my biggest concerns for ripple long term. We'll see how it shakes out.
hmmm...I think maybe you oughta look up what that word means :P

I had a fairly decent chunk of money in Ethereum at one point and lost some before pulling out but I'm really glad I pulled out when I did because it fell a hell of a lot further after I did. I'd gladly take all that money and buy physical silver with it and be quite content. Sure it's been stagnant...but given what these cryptos have been doing lately, I'll take stagnant any day.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #285
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
hmmm...I think maybe you oughta look up what that word means :P

I had a fairly decent chunk of money in Ethereum at one point and lost some before pulling out but I'm really glad I pulled out when I did because it fell a hell of a lot further after I did. I'd gladly take all that money and buy physical silver with it and be quite content. Sure it's been stagnant...but given what these cryptos have been doing lately, I'll take stagnant any day.
Figure of speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Wow what happened? It looks like prices jumped off a cliff. I hate that everything is so closely connected to BTC. They need to break away from each other.
More of the same good ol' profit taking. Been a pretty distinct pattern, and we're trending between 6200-6700.

XRP and ETH really fell off a cliff, though. XRP is always the one to either skyrocket or nosedive with drastic btc movements.

$5800 support has been held for longer than I can recall. That's the magic number. If that breaks then all bets are off. Until then, we're looking at more of the string pulling by whales.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #286
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post

funny poems about snakes

Started with $25K last Jan and in last 20 months I've managed to pay off my mortgage and purchase few other properties and quit my job and able to just sit around the house all day and do pretty much nothing other than go to costco once a week and buy 10lbs of Ketchup or 48 rolls of paper towels I won't use for two years.
Crypto has done wonder for my self and my family.
I have no desire to back away from it it has opened new doors that I never imagined.
That's awesome!

Also, probably not a good idea to post the exact transactions you've made.
hawkeyecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #287
jcardstore

Looks like Bitcoin is officially stagnant as the hype has worn off. Straight line trading on low volume
The Alchemist, Napoleon Hill mixed with Deepak
jcardstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:52 AM   #288
ninjacookies

Thar she blows.

Been waiting for this for the longest. Holiday season and people strapped for cash.
Old Today, 12:07 PM   #289
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Thar she blows.

Been waiting for this for the longest. Holiday season and people strapped for cash.
12% good enough to buy or it's gonna keep tanking?
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #290
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
12% good enough to buy or it's gonna keep tanking?
Now would be the worst time to make a buying decision, imo.

Been sideways trending for months and the big break went to the downside. Not looking good, especially if you check out my earlier analysis.