Spring Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #251
pac213up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Felger and Mazz have both hated on Rondo for years.
Felger in his how unlikeable the Celts are with Rondo. Now without him they become likeable.

I guess will see. I know a lot of people are saying how much better they are without Rondo. How they have always had a better record in games he doesn't play. Well now we get to see them rest of season and in playoffs how far they can go without him.

Felger in how bad Celts offense is with Rondo (ranked 21st), blowing 27 point lead with Rondo. Like it's all his fault.
You have to remember Felger is a Bucks fans, he does not even like the Celtics to begin with.

Good article today on the Celtics offensive struggles. Really all goes back to a lack of a Big outside of KG and Doc's system.

With Rajon Rondo out for the season, what should the Boston Celtics do now? - Grantland
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #252
IamRalpho

Massarotti is a baseball guy too. And Felger is an idiot, one of the worst in Boston.

Michael Holley is the only one I like and respect, Jackie Mac too but shes not a radio person.

I can see the Celtics doing better offensively w/o Rondo, not sure how much they can win without that elite option especially when Pierce is sucking it up and Garnett is off the court.

Should be interesting to see, you need a PG, like a real one regardless so that is order #1 for right now

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #253
murrke03
Banned

Heard Simmons say something interesting.

Basically rondo is averaging 13 11 and 5. He said that the Celtics should have no problem really scraping together those stats. Of course they won't get prime time rondo games but stat wise the celtics might not be as troubled as people think.

I find it shocking that celtics fans are planning for the lottery and scraping the season. If anything the Celtic have been that team that has proven to not be done over the last three years going against what a lot of people thought. I mean I don't even like the celtics and I have understood and predicted this. Yes this years team may be a little different and a year older and now short rondo, but to throw in the towel is a little ridiculous especially with what the celtics have done in the past. Like I said I'm a little surprised by the fans responses.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #254
pac213up

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I find it shocking that celtics fans are planning for the lottery and scraping the season. If anything the Celtic have been that team that has proven to not be done over the last three years going against what a lot of people thought. I mean I don't even like the celtics and I have understood and predicted this. Yes this years team may be a little different and a year older and now short rondo, but to throw in the towel is a little ridiculous especially with what the celtics have done in the past. Like I said I'm a little surprised by the fans responses.
The Celtics have many fans with different opinions of the situation. Not everyone is in throw in the towel mode. You are always going to have extreme sides to everything.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #255
pnft17

I'm not hearing any throw in towel mode around town.
All I'm hearing is how much better the Celtics are gonna be without Rondo. So this season just gets more interesting.

How Doc is gonna be so much happier not having to deal with Rondo crap. How they win more without him ect...I know Rondo is pissy and not well liked. But guy is still a star player and that is what wins in NBA.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #256
pac213up

Quote:
I'm not hearing any throw in towel mode around town.
All I'm hearing is how much better the Celtics are gonna be without Rondo. So this season just gets more interesting.

How Doc is gonna be so much happier not having to deal with Rondo crap. How they win more without him ect...I know Rondo is pissy and not well liked. But guy is still a star player and that is what wins in NBA.
The Rondo is not well liked stuff is so overplayed it is comical. Most of the local Basketball guys hit the nail on the head with this. The Celtics will be fine in the regular season but come the Playoffs when teams can play physical and scheme against everything you do things will be difficult. Rondo has been a monster the last couple of years in the postseason and carried the team at times. You need great individual performance to have success in the postseason. The defense they play always gives them a shot but someone will need to really raise their game for the Celtics to be legit.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #257
pnft17

I wanted to smack Tony Mazz yesterday. The guy sounded so giddy about a Lee and Bradley back court. How much better on D they will be... ect. Like they were gonna be the best defensive backcourt in NBA history. All he did was diss Rondo like he was D Leaguer.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #258
pac213up

Quote:
I wanted to smack Tony Mazz yesterday. The guy sounded so giddy about a Lee and Bradley back court. How much better on D they will be... ect. Like they were gonna be the best defensive backcourt in NBA history. All he did was diss Rondo like he was D Leaguer.
I like their show but generally do not listen when they discuss basketball, they just have nothing to offer and spend more time ripping the sport than making rational arguments.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #259
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The Celtics have many fans with different opinions of the situation. Not everyone is in throw in the towel mode. You are always going to have extreme sides to everything.
Are you trying to start a fight?

Read this thread and the others about his injury. A lot of fans are saying this season is done. I didn't say all fans but there is a fair amount. Don't try to play it off like I am being extreme to try and takr a shot at me cause you dont like me. Its childish. I am stating what's happening whether you are part of those throwing in the towel is up to you but don't act like I'm making something up.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #260
pac213up

Quote:

Read this thread and the others about his injury. A lot of fans are saying this season is done. I didn't say all fans but there is a fair amount. Don't try to play it off like I am being extreme to try and takr a shot at me cause you dont like me. Its childish. I am stating what's happening whether you are part of those throwing in the towel is up to you but don't act like I'm making something up.
The level of stupidity in your response is not worth any more replies. The extreme sides response was in regards to how the fans react not to your meaningless opinion of anything.

Last edited by pac213up; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #261
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The level of stupidity in your response is not worth any more replies. The extreme sides response was in regards to how the fans react not to your meaningless opinion of anything.
Lol at arrogance. Sorry you can't discuss a topic without bringing your grudge into it. Whatever dude.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #262
murrke03
Banned

Simmons and grande were discussing something interesting.

A huge knock on rondo has been his lack of showing up for all games. Being prime time cable rondo vs basic cable. Basically guys like durant and Lebron play in that 5 th gear every game. And rondo doesn't. Some games he plays like that others he just doesn't show up. Simmons was speculating that maybe this injury will be the thing tht changes rondo. It seems like fans have been waitin for rondo to become that guy the past couplr years buy he hasnt. Could this be a turning point? What are the thoughts on that?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #263
IamRalpho

Celtics trades from the ESPN Insider article:

Toronto Raptors

Celtics receive: Kyle Lowry and Linas Kleiza

Raptors receive: Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and Boston's 2013 first-round pick

TERRIBLE DEAL

Los Angeles Lakers

Celtics receive: Dwight Howard, Metta World Peace and Chris Duhon

Lakers receive: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Collins

LOL

Memphis Grizzlies

Celtics receive: Rudy Gay and Tony Wroten

Grizzlies receive: Paul Pierce and Chris Wilcox

IF WE WERE TO MOVE PIERCE OK WITH THIS

Utah Jazz

Celtics receive: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams, Jamaal Tinsley and Raja Bell

Jazz receive: Paul Pierce, Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox and Boston's 2013 first-rounder

BOOO FAVORS AND GARBAGE

Minnesota Timberwolves

Celtics receive: Kevin Love, Andrei Kirilenko, Brandon Roy, Luke Ridnour and Greg Stiemsma

Timberwolves receive: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and Jared Sullinger

LOL BUT KEVIN LOVE <3

Celtics receive: Josh Smith, Lou Williams, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Ivan Johnson

Hawks receive: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and Jared Sullinger

SMITH IS EXPIRING AND GARBAGE, BOO

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #264
pac213up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post

Toronto Raptors

Raptors receive: Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and Boston's 2013 first-round pick

TERRIBLE DEAL

Los Angeles Lakers

LOL

Memphis Grizzlies

Utah Jazz

Jazz receive: Paul Pierce, Avery Bradley, Chris Wilcox and Boston's 2013 first-rounder

BOOO FAVORS AND GARBAGE

Minnesota Timberwolves

Celtics receive: Kevin Love, Andrei Kirilenko, Brandon Roy, Luke Ridnour and Greg Stiemsma

Timberwolves receive: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and Jared Sullinger

LOL BUT KEVIN LOVE <3

Celtics receive: Josh Smith, Lou Williams, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Ivan Johnson

I guess they are not aware that KG has a no trade clause.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #265
IamRalpho

They can always ask him to waive his no trade clause

Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #266
pac213up

Quote:
They can always ask him to waive his no trade clause
Flip Saunders, who is close to both KG and the Celtics has basically said it is Boston or bust for KG. The only area he may consider would be LA but even that is very unlikely.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #267
Cades

Quote:
Heard Simmons say something interesting.

Basically rondo is averaging 13 11 and 5. He said that the Celtics should have no problem really scraping together those stats. Of course they won't get prime time rondo games but stat wise the celtics might not be as troubled as people think.

Course they can make up the stats as a team on the whole, just about any team can make up for a missing player's stats.

Say D wade is out, bosh, lebron, allen, etc. easily make up for wades stats taking his shots and so on

So, pretty stupid thing to say from simmons.

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #268
Cades

Quote:

To be fair, plenty of people were saying the season is done before Rondo got hurt. Season done meaning they make playoffs but not much more then that

Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #269
Cades

Quote:

Toronto Raptors

TERRIBLE DEAL

Los Angeles Lakers

LOL

Memphis Grizzlies

Utah Jazz

BOOO FAVORS AND GARBAGE

Minnesota Timberwolves

LOL BUT KEVIN LOVE <3

Wow, all of those scenarios are damn near terrible, short and long term

Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #270
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
Course they can make up the stats as a team on the whole, just about any team can make up for a missing player's stats.

Say D wade is out, bosh, lebron, allen, etc. easily make up for wades stats taking his shots and so on

It would be easy to make up lebrons stats in Miami? Or durant in okc?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #271
Cades

Quote:

For the reading impaired. Bolded.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #272
pac213up

Quote:
Need to keep it real simple or you will lose him.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #273
Cades

Quote:
It would be easy to make up lebrons stats in Miami? Or durant in okc?
And other then probably those 2, probably anybody else stats can be made up throughout a whole roster

even still a majority of the "stats" would be made up for those 2. If lebron doesnt get the 10 rebounds or 8 assists, one of the other 8 players probably will get some, if you spread out lebrons/durants shot throughout the team, im sure points can be made, as well

Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #274
murrke03
Banned

Quote:
Lol. You used the heat in your example. Yet when I changed the player all of a sudden the heat are no longer include in the teams.

And I'm impaired?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #275
Cades

yet I used Wade, who is clearly a different player then lebron