Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 04-11-2016, 04:17 AM   #1
vto47

Default Is it time I block China bidders already?

I have always been on the fence about blocking China bidders from placing a bid on my auctions but the last 2 recent incidents has boiled it overboard and probably will make me block them right away.

Incident #1
I shipped the card, the buyer received it tracking shows delivered by a 3rd party website, and yet he still opens an "item not received case" on me. The call went to an agent of eBay who did her due diligence and determined (with the help of another 3rd part website that shows more detailed information of where it was delivered) and I rightfully won the case. No contact from the buyer after.

Icident #2
Buyer received a card from me and claims to have damages in front of the card (not perfect edges but would still grade a 9.0 for sure) which was also shown on the scan of the card. BUT anyways...since he has like 11 feedbacks, I figured he was trouble and so I told him, "ok, send back the card and I'll shoulder shipping cost back from CN to the PH (like eBay says it should). Now, the next step in eBay case is to come to terms with the buyer with regards to shipping....here is where the plot thickens... he says that he only wants to send it via EMS because he knows I have "tricks" and say I didn't receive it and stuff and he's shown it to many people and whatnot. He doesn't want to send it using regular parcel WITH TRACKING NUMBER (which is what I suggested since it should only cost like $4-6 based on their website). Then when I told him about shipping cost, he claims he will want to send it using heavy packaging and increase the weight so my claim of $4-$6 is OFF. In other words, he is pushing for a more expensive shipping method back to me.

Ok, before I permanently block the hell out of Chinese bidders, am I correct in assuming that the shipping cost from CN to PH is only around $4-$6 with tracking number? if so, I'm thinking this guy wants me to send him a partial refund OR he might pull a fast one on me (maybe sending in something else than the actual card or something).... Chinese eBayers, what do you say?
vto47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:49 AM   #2
nissandriver77
Banned

Yep I cut them off real quick and never looked back , both times i sent there mysteriously they never recieved the items .

Since then later to selling to China !
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:10 AM   #3
stevenhsu

Bud..it happens everywhere, not just in China.
Yes blocking China buyers may save you some trouble , but if you are trying to sell cards internationally , that's a market you should taken care of as well.

These two incident you faced are like the standard procedure for buyers to save or make money.

I personally had bad experience everywhere in the world including US, PH, CN, AU.....etc, but most of the time you can get your butt covered if you have good protection starting from when you list your item.
1. Set rules to protect yourself on High End Items, like express shipping or Fedex.
2. Watch your item more frequently before it ends, clearly describe you don't allow low feedback buyers so you get to cancel the deal.
3. It's not that hard to track an item, maybe not shown on the local Post Office Website, but certainly from some other website will provide information.
4. 6 dollars does cover standard shipping from CN to PH , but I can't guarantee since I don't know how the package weights.

Of course you may block buyers, but only certain buyers I'll say, not country.

And btw, you don't have to agree to pay the return shipping , even if he insists to do so, tell him to ship first and your refund it all at once after received, if he refuses , report to ebay and he'll lose because he has the card and refuses to ship back and still asks for refund.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #4
Hateredemption

Can I have this buyer ID?
I will block it too.
Hateredemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
Doublexthebeast

Vito,

I have gotten to the point where I don't want to deal with most Chinese bidders as well. Unfortunately, there are a ton of good ones with money ready to spend so it hurts some of your sales when you block them. I try to check feedback when they are bidding on my items but you can't catch every bidder, especially when they are sniping.

BTW guys, Vito is great to deal with a really god seller. It sucks that people like this keep getting screwed by bad Ebayers.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
lair911

All I can say is there are bad buyers from anywhere around the world. I had problems with PH buyers and US buyers before but I won't make a thread to call out PH bidders because one or two bad apples.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
chiefroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lair911 View Post
All I can say is there are bad buyers from anywhere around the world. I had problems with PH buyers and US buyers before but I won't make a thread to call out PH bidders because one or two bad apples.
i totally agree!

on antoher forum we got a Philipine guy rippig of thousands of dollars by sending empty magnet holders.
it is always personal behavior than anything else!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
dasiegel

I have never had an issue buying ro selling to China and i have had plenty buying and selling to US members.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
rhigh2390

Anywhere outside the U.S. , I only use the global shipping program.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/152884306@N08/albums
rhigh2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
rhynodino

hold up....you won a case as a seller?
rhynodino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
jubei777

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Anywhere outside the U.S. , I only use the global shipping program.
ding ding, we have a winner. let ebay shoulder the risk. as long as you get it to them, it's eBay's issue to deal with later if they turn out to be scammers.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #12
phdbeckett

One has to wonder if COMC has trouble shipping cards to China?
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #13
Giantrobot

I blocked them, but now they just have COMC or US shipping addresses. I hate to make sweeping generalizations, and I've had many issues with US buyers also, but I've had several recent Chinese buyers who retract bids, make demands, and generally just rude nickel-and-dime behavior. A 1-feedback buyer demanding free shipping after I just took $50 off the asking price or he isn't paying, stuff like that.
Giantrobot is offline   Reply With Quote