Blowout Cards Forums
all star

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #101
hagausaf

I went to school with Truitt Cathy's grandson and he always hooked us up with brand new baseball and football gear plus free food. Dude was nice as hell. I could give a crap about his personal beliefs since those are his choice just like mine are mine.

He makes fantastic food for cheap, hires people that can speak and understand english and are very friendly. Sure you might not agree with his personal beliefs but who's to say your beliefs are the right way of thinking. Get over it, order a number one with no pickles and a sprite, enjoy, push it all out a few hours later and repeat. Bringing up political nonsense in a fast food thread is just idiotic and makes people that enjoy arguing for the sake of stirring up garbage come out of the wood work.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #102
LBSB333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Sure have. They actually have a secret menu which I just found about about and I've been going there for years. For instance did you know they have biscuits and gravy?
They added this to the menu over here (finally!). You can get a breakfast platter with regular or spicy chicken, eggs, biscuits and gravy.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #103
TheFrenzy

Their waffle fries are INCREDIBLE!

However, as stated above, Whataburger is even better. ESPECIALLY after a night of drinking!
Old 12-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #104
coltsnsox07

I think their Veggie Tales kids meals promos are weird but they do serve a mean chicken.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #105
cruiserdaddy7

[QUOTE=TheFrenzy;6262631]Their waffle fries are INCREDIBLE!

However, as stated above, Whataburger is even better. ESPECIALLY after a night of drinking![/QUOTE]

None of these in my area in Cincinnati. What makes them so good? Im intrigued.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #106
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Sure have. They actually have a secret menu which I just found about about and I've been going there for years. For instance did you know they have biscuits and gravy?
I have been rocking the "biscuit w/ gravy and chicken on top" since 2000. Best breakfast item not on the menu.
==============================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #107
btimm

Half of blowout won't eat Chick Fil A, due to the beliefs of the ownership.
Still buys Topps, despite Topps' lack of belief in customer satisfaction.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #108
aggies1960

I have been eating there all my life and I still forget they are closed on sundays. Still would take canes over any chicken place.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #109
mike barnes

i doubt half would not go there more like 30 percent im sure hte rest of us go there more then enough to make up the difference
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #110
bigdog2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
Food is ok, overpriced if you ask me. Charlotte has a new chain called cookout that is sprouting out everywhere. I get a combo with grilled chicken, quesdilla, onion rings and drink for 3.99. Their chicken is just as good and grilled fresh!

Cookout is christian owned too, the cups are printed with John 3:16. Some dont care like me!
Cookout is the best, open to like 5 am. Nothing like Cookout after a night out. And it is super cheap like you said, with a lot of food for the price.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #111
Cisco69

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I have been rocking the "biscuit w/ gravy and chicken on top" since 2000. Best breakfast item not on the menu.
Awesome I get the biscuit and gravy with half chicken and half sausage, best of all it is less than $2.
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #112
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Spicy with Colby Jack mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #113
Braveskid1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
Anybody here been to one? The food is delicious and the service is great by far my favorite thing since moving to the South.
Chick fil a is amazing! And i dont say that about many places whatsoever with how picky i am haha! Funny story about chick fil a i just saw on facebook from a friend.

Said he received a voicemail saying that his catering order was ready and was close to a thousand bucks and such and he hasn't even been there for a while or called in so he's very very confused hahaha

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 AM   #114
CasperMcLovin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
Cookout is the best, open to like 5 am. Nothing like Cookout after a night out. And it is super cheap like you said, with a lot of food for the price.
Agreed, cookout is incredible. Nothing like some quesadillas, corn dogs, chicken nuggets, and a milkshake for $6 after a long night of drinking. Except waffle house...

As for Chick-Fil-A, it should be illegal to pass a chick-fil-a before 11 AM and not get some chicken minis. And then lunch when you pass it again.
CasperMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:01 AM   #115
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
But in fact, the company has been sued at least a dozen times for employment discrimination, according to Forbes magazine.

One of the cases involved Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, who sued the company in 2002 because he was fired a day after refusing to participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program. Latif is a Muslim. The suit was settled, but the terms were not disclosed, Forbes reported.

Forbes noted that Chick-fil-A might face more discrimination lawsuits if it didn't screen potential hires and operators so rigorously, with many job candidates going through a yearlong vetting process with dozens of interviews that can last as long as five hours. The parent company also asks people who apply for operator licenses to disclose their marital status, number of dependents, and involvement in community, civic, social, church and professional organizations.

Federal law does not prohibit employers from asking potential hires questions about religion and marital status during interviews, and companies have even wider latitude in approving franchisees.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:18 AM   #116
AceGambit3

Been eating at Chick-Fil-A for 10 years now and only once have they gotten my order wrong and it was corrected in less than 60 secs with an apology as well.
Other than that one blip...pure perfection.

Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Arby's etc. all have had more instances than I can count where I've left each and every one of their establishments pissed off and/or called their corporate offices due to the horrible service experienced.

Screw the politics, religion, beliefs, sexual preferences and all the other crap you want to use to justify eating there or not eating there.

The quality and customer service should be all that actually matters when it comes to fast food and where that is concerned Chick-Fil-A is there at the top.
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #117
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Chick-fil-A is a great model for the fast food industry. As others have noted, their food, customer service and friendliness is top notch!

My pleasure.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #118
chipmaster

I was at a Chick-Fil-A a few months back and ordered a bunch of meals for the family. It took them about 3-4 minutes to get everything together. Once they gave me the food, they apologized for it taking so long and gave me 3 coupons for free chicken sandwiches. It wasn't even a wait, McDonalds takes longer. I was shocked to be honest, but then again, the managers at this location are known to refill your drinks for you.

Chick-Fil-A is the bomb
Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #119
atoaz12

Quote:
Since you're quoting yourself and fishing for a response, I'll oblige

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." -Rick Warren
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” - Rick Warren
atoaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #120
RamRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
Half of blowout won't eat Chick Fil A, due to the beliefs of the ownership.
Still buys Topps, despite Topps' lack of belief in customer satisfaction.
Brilliant!
I don't agree with the owners' views - but I respect that he's actually made the effort to close on Sundays in keeping with his beliefs, that's admirable. Sunday would probably be their busiest day if they were open haha.. do they close on Good Friday and Christmas as well?
RamRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #121
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRage View Post
Brilliant!
I don't agree with the owners' views - but I respect that he's actually made the effort to close on Sundays in keeping with his beliefs, that's admirable. Sunday would probably be their busiest day if they were open haha.. do they close on Good Friday and Christmas as well?
No doubt, I can't count the amount of times I've said, "let's go to Chick-Fil-A" only to be told, "it's Sunday you idiot". As long as the beliefs and practices of a company do not harm anyone, I could not care less. Chicken's may feel otherwise but I don't see anyone being harmed by this company. Are their views in line with mine? Not exactly but so what? Their service is second to none, they make good food, locations are clean and prices are reasonable. All good in my book.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."

Last edited by jmscoggin; 04-30-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Warren, grammar bish slapped me.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #122
Lionsman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
No doubt, I can't count the amount of times I've said, "let's go to Chick-Fil-A" only to be told, "it's Sunday you idiot". As long as the beliefs and practices of a company do not harm anyone, I could care less. Chicken's may feel otherwise but I don't see anyone being harmed by this company. Are their views in line with mine? Not exactly but so what? Their service is second to none, they make good food, locations are clean and prices are reasonable. All good in my book.
I've lost track of how many times you have won the Internet.
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #123
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
I've lost track of how many times you have won the Internet.
1,347 no doubters and 14 that were lost when they went to the cards. I'm still protesting all 14. It isn't like I'm keeping track of my wins or anything, I do what I do for the people. I'm selfless that way. For the chickens? Not so much, they taste too good.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #124
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
No doubt, I can't count the amount of times I've said, "let's go to Chick-Fil-A" only to be told, "it's Sunday you idiot". As long as the beliefs and practices of a company do not harm anyone, I could care less. Chicken's may feel otherwise but I don't see anyone being harmed by this company. Are their views in line with mine? Not exactly but so what? Their service is second to none, they make good food, locations are clean and prices are reasonable. All good in my book.

I wonder if the people who are discriminated against feel harmed?

...........and I think you were looking for, 'I could not care less.'
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #125
atoaz12

Quote:

I wonder if the people who are discriminated against feel harmed?

...........and I think you were looking for, 'I could not care less.'
What exactly did Mr. Cathy do to discriminate against them? He stated an opinion. There was no action (please note the below definition). Quit looking for ways to be offended.

dis·crim·i·na·tion
disˌkriməˈnāSHən
noun
the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” - Rick Warren
atoaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote