Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #326
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
Doctors have "after sales" support requirements too. Say you go into hospital and the hospital needs your records but the doctor says, you know what, I'm not getting paid for this so get stuffed. Do you think anyone would want to be dealing with that doctor again? What about prescriptions etc..

This is the same for any business, if you dont support your customers, they leave. If you dont have customers you dont have a business.
But Hollywood’s business is films. They don’t even have to be good films, look a the Michael bay transformers movies. You want to hurt Hollywood, don’t go to the movies. Otherwise the a list actors putting butts in the seats could flipmfans off at the world premier, if it doesn’t effect box office returns, studios don’t care.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #327
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
But Hollywood’s business is films. They don’t even have to be good films, look a the Michael bay transformers movies. You want to hurt Hollywood, don’t go to the movies. Otherwise the a list actors putting butts in the seats could flipmfans off at the world premier, if it doesn’t effect box office returns, studios don’t care.

I honestly don’t get why they can’t have a transformers movie without humans. It’d be like Disney’s cars for adults lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #328
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
I honestly don’t get why they can’t have a transformers movie without humans. It’d be like Disney’s cars for adults lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Because obviously we wanted teen romance in our giant robot movies? Wait...
Old 10-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #329
Cujobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
You can disagree with it all you want...fact remains that actors do not get rich and famous (and therefore have their autograph wanted) if not for their fans. Actors do not get the life they have if not for their fans. They literally owe their livelihood to them. This is not to say that this gives us a right to impede on their lives or anything, but to say they owe nothing to their fans is wrong.
I'm not saying they owe NOTHING to the fans. What they owe (and if you read the article you'd understand my point) is that particular product (if they are a writer etc etc). That is the "contract" in regards to: I pay $10 to see this particular movie, in return I get to watch this movie. They owe absolutely NOTHING above and beyond that though, and many (like Varga or yourself) think they do. The product of their work came first. Do you get that? Not the other way around (again which the article articulates very well).

Stephen King owes nothing but his best ability to write good books. He doesn't owe them signed copies. Yet he goes above & beyond and always signs, even at 70yrs old. Unsure what your problem is understanding this.

And again, Star Wars would be a B movie without Ford. Plain and Simple. Rogue One was the nice surprise in the last few years though.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #330
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
And again, Star Wars would be a B movie without Ford. Plain and Simple. Rogue One was the nice surprise in the last few years though.
It’s still a B movie, just a highly entertaining one with a huge fan base.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:07 AM   #331
xtwinstarx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post

And again, Star Wars would be a B movie without Ford. Plain and Simple.
This doesn't even make sense. You are attributing the success of star wars with Ford, that's not at all how it worked. He was a carpenter for the set. Literally a worker for Lucas. They didn't get a big star for the role. The role made him a star. Not only that, but many special effects were INVENTED for the film. As well as camera matting and tracking which had never been done before. Aside from the cultural significance, Star Wars was on the razor's edge of film making at the time. It also started ILM, which you wouldn't call a B movie effects house. We're not even getting into box office amounts and what have you.
xtwinstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #332
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwinstarx View Post
This doesn't even make sense. You are attributing the success of star wars with Ford, that's not at all how it worked. He was a carpenter for the set. Literally a worker for Lucas. They didn't get a big star for the role. The role made him a star. Not only that, but many special effects were INVENTED for the film. As well as camera matting and tracking which had never been done before. Aside from the cultural significance, Star Wars was on the razor's edge of film making at the time. It also started ILM, which you wouldn't call a B movie effects house. We're not even getting into box office amounts and what have you.

I don't think you have a grasp on the true meaning of a B movie
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #333
gerry609

B movie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_movie
gerry609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #334
xtwinstarx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry609 View Post
The Bond film that year was The Spy Who Loved Me and it cost $14M. The OTHER big sci-fi film that year was Close Encounters and it was $18M. What are you using as a yard stick for low budget?

Star Wars budget was $11 Million, but that was 40 years ago.

These are from your article, in the 70s section:

The movie under consideration was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Made by Tobe Hooper for less than $300,000, it became one of the most influential horror films of the 1970s.[131] John Carpenter's Halloween (1978), produced on a $320,000 budget, grossed over $80 million worldwide and effectively established the slasher flick as horror's primary mode for the next decade.
xtwinstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #335
GFD18

I apologize if this has already been discussed -- but -- Are there plans for a group break on this forum? I just did a basic search and didnt see a thread.
GFD18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:45 AM   #336
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
I apologize if this has already been discussed -- but -- Are there plans for a group break on this forum? I just did a basic search and didnt see a thread.
I believe earlier in the thread one of the bigger blowout group breakers mentioned putting in a request for multiple cases to group break. But it has not gone up live yet.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #337
Vargaman

I am curious if, for example, the 20 absent 1/1s (40 signers with 3 colors and only 100 sets made, unless there's 20 bonus autos to be pulled ) will all be from the same color or not. So then there'd be two possible full 40 signer 1/1 sets some millionaire could try to assemble haha.

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:28 PM   #338
jdhaugh11

There are actually 4,120 total cards for 100 boxes, so an average of 41.2, so either Topps is holding back 120 cards or you will get an extra card or 2.
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:08 PM   #339
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
There are actually 4,120 total cards for 100 boxes, so an average of 41.2, so either Topps is holding back 120 cards or you will get an extra card or 2.
They might make an additional 120 as replacements in case of damage?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #340
peterose4hof

With how low the Masterworks on card autos are selling for I really can't see the value in these boxes.

Harrison Ford will likely be in some of the boxes, but certainly not all of them. My guess is 1 in every 4-6 boxes will have a Ford.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #341
ForceChange77

Topps has said multiple times that all 40 signers are in every box. If ford is in 1 box, he is in every box.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #342
peterose4hof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
Topps has said multiple times that all 40 signers are in every box. If ford is in 1 box, he is in every box.
I disagree. I don't know exactly how this will be handled, but my thought is Topps can't afford to put Ford in every box, but they know he has to be represented in this product or it won't be well received.

Perhaps there will be 40 different signers in every box with some boxes containing a bonus, 41st auto of Ford?
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #343
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
I disagree. I don't know exactly how this will be handled, but my thought is Topps can't afford to put Ford in every box, but they know he has to be represented in this product or it won't be well received.

Perhaps there will be 40 different signers in every box with some boxes containing a bonus, 41st auto of Ford?
For what these were pre-sold at, they can most certainly afford to put Ford in every box.

If every set doesn't contain one of every signer, people are going to lose their minds.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #344
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
For what these were pre-sold at, they can most certainly afford to put Ford in every box.

If every set doesn't contain one of every signer, people are going to lose their minds.
I swear somewhere in this thread someone did the math and there are “extra” cards assuming every card has the same print run across all parallels. Having a “bonus hit” randomly inserted if thats the case would solve that problem. Anyone wanna dig through the thread to find it?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #345
joudenjouden

Quote:
I swear somewhere in this thread someone did the math and there are “extra” cards assuming every card has the same print run across all parallels. Having a “bonus hit” randomly inserted if thats the case would solve that problem. Anyone wanna dig through the thread to find it?

Are you referring to the 20 extra 1/1 cards (120 total 1/1's, 1 per box). Don't think that would apply to Fords, but I do wonder what they will do with them, and which characters will be a part of those 20
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #346
dd316

Quote:
I don't know. Might've been me!

Topps did say this on their Facebook page back on August 5: "This box will contain all 40 signers that will be featured, not a bunch of randoms. You are guaranteed to get every signer."
Old 11-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #347
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I don't know. Might've been me!

Topps did say this on their Facebook page back on August 5: "This box will contain all 40 signers that will be featured, not a bunch of randoms. You are guaranteed to get every signer."
What if ford isn’t a “featured” signer but a bonus only in some boxes? That + 20 1/1s + some ford parallels and other assorted “not featured” bonus hits would get us back to 100 extra cards and 41 cards per box. The 40 guaranteed featured autos and 1 bonus hit.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #348
jdhaugh11

Quote:
I posted this a few weeks ago
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #349
ForceChange77

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post

Topps has said multiple times that every box has every signer.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #350
joudenjouden

Default First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars Stellar Signatures trading cards

Quote:
I posted this a few weeks ago

Weren't we assuming that one of the 40 cards in each box was a 1/1? That would make 4020 total cards, with 20 extra. Because we know that the parallel autos will mixed in as part of the 40 cards (or the other early speculation which was a box having all 40 of one parallel type like a box of entirely /5 autos to keep sets together).
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote