Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-15-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
bball2026

Default Upper Deck Marvel Cinematic Universe 10th Anniversary Trading Card Set?

I am going to San Diego Comic Con next week and this caught my eye that Upper Deck is going to have an exclusive Marvel Cinematic Universe 10th Anniversary Trading Card Set available to purchase? Limited to 500 and includes 18 Foil Variant Cards in the pack. Does anyone know more about this?

Last edited by bball2026; 11-28-2018 at 09:25 PM.
bball2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:32 AM   #2
arek

Hadn't heard about it, but I'd love a general MCU set in the style of impel's Marvel Universe sets from the 90s.

Edit: just read about the packs, they feature film posters from the MCU films. One set per pack of 18 cards, I'd guess it includes all the films from Iron Man 2 up until Infinity War

Last edited by arek; 07-15-2018 at 02:34 AM.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:30 AM   #3
stoffel79

i'd hoped they made a set like this, but not a comic con exclusive, bummer
stoffel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #4
Spider-Fan

500 sets so we will see plenty being flipped on ebay. Actually really interesting idea for a full release, to bad they would probably butcher the execution.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #5
Spunky245

They should do this same concept in a high-end set similar to SW Stellar -- all autos with almost all the big names from the history of the MCU. I feel like a set like that would be huge!
Spunky245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
cardbooker

I really wanted to buy one of these but it was already sold out (for the day) on Friday morning. They allocate a certain amount to sell each day of the con and it was strictly “limit 1 per person”
Old 07-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
mattFoley

Anyone have images of or links to images of the cards? I can only find images of the packs.

--
mF
mattFoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #8
notoriousrmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky245 View Post
They should do this same concept in a high-end set similar to SW Stellar -- all autos with almost all the big names from the history of the MCU. I feel like a set like that would be huge!
If they can't get the big names to sign for regular releases, there would be 0 change of getting them for a release like this.

Probably why they are releasing this as is.
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
JeffG1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
I really wanted to buy one of these but it was already sold out (for the day) on Friday morning. They allocate a certain amount to sell each day of the con and it was strictly “limit 1 per person”
In the past I have found that these limited "exclusive" con releases are usually gone before the doors open each day to the public. The other vendors are in early and they grab the limited amount that are offered each day.
JeffG1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #10
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffG1954 View Post
In the past I have found that these limited "exclusive" con releases are usually gone before the doors open each day to the public. The other vendors are in early and they grab the limited amount that are offered each day.
At NYCC, a lot of vendors are not selling goods until the doors open to the public. It is becoming more and more prevalent.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:37 AM   #11
Scifi Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffG1954 View Post
Many of the manufactures are restricting sales to dealer badges as well. I know of dealers swapping out badges with attendees to be able to get exclusives.

Ed
Old 07-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky245 View Post
Honestly, if done right, it'd have way bigger names. RDJ is the closest to a Ford auto for the MCU.

Downey
Hemsworth
Johanson
Jackson
Evans
Pratt
Ruffalo
Boseman
Brolin
Cumberbatch
Saldana
Hiddleston

And of course the obligatory Stan Lee. Maybe, if like Stellar, have his multiple 1/1s be his cameo characters???

plus tons of the other big names who were villains or had cameos

And the better fact is that instead of color parallels hey could have the different costumes for them as most of the main actors have had several.

Lastly they could have gold plated /10 autos for the 10th anniversary. TONS of potential.

And for those saying, "well they couldn't get them before, why now?", if this was a $10k set, they have way more cash to work with to get signatures. Just a matter of timing as there's a brief lull right now til Avengers 4 drops.
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #13
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
And of course the obligatory Stan Lee. Maybe, if like Stellar, have his multiple 1/1s be his cameo characters???
I love this idea.