Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #51
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
"A certain someone here should've taken the $550 that I offered for a certain sketch a few weeks ago."

-

Don't you see the massive contradiction? And you are trying to get everyone to notice your warped sense of rationale.... Yet you still forget this is a message board, so we can only see what your typed word, and you clearly lie.
Says the guy with 2 negative Itraders because he didn't ship out cards that were paid for.

Nicely done, Sir.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #52
Spider-Fan

Out of curiosity... What if he said "Yes, I would consider $550." and then after you made the offer he came back with "I've thought about it, and I can't let this card go for less than $700." Would you still have started this thread?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #53
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Out of curiosity... What if he said "Yes, I would consider $550." and then after you made the offer he came back with "I've thought about it, and I can't let this card go for less than $700." Would you still have started this thread?
It would've gone down like this.....

"Would you consider $550"

"Yes"

"Ok, then I'm putting $550 out there"

"After thinking about it, I would like to get $700"

"Ok, well my offer of $550 still stands"

End of story. The seller hit a sell-sheet card and thought that it was a thousand bucks and it wasn't.

Now, I know my reputation will bring people out of the woodwork to argue and play Devil's advocate but I know that other people think he was well out of line with a $1000 Buy It Now, they just don't want to agree because it's me.

Fact of the matter is that he wanted $1000, I was prepared at $550 and now the card barely cracks $450. Am I rubbing it in his face? Hell yes, I am.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #54
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post

End of story.
End of story. = No, I would not have started this thread. ?

I'm not familiar with your reputation. So, did you "officially" offer $550 now that the card is relisted? Or have you removed that offer? I assume the value of the card hasn't changed, so if you are no longer willing to pay that price is that an emotion driven decision?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #55
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
End of story. = No, I would not have started this thread. ?

I'm not familiar with your reputation. So, did you "officially" offer $550 now that the card is relisted? Or have you removed that offer? I assume the value of the card hasn't changed, so if you are no longer willing to pay that price is that an emotion driven decision?
No, I used the money for something else and I'm not going to pay $550 for something that's barely worth $450. I put a price tag of $550 on it and I was wrong. Fortunately for me, the deal didn't go through because the seller had an even higher value on it than I did.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #56
THE_BEAST

2012 Cryptozoic Walking Dead Season 2 Shane Jack Redd Sketch Card Amazing 1 1 | eBay

h***e ( 7478 Feedback ) US $351.22 Feb-10-13 19:36:00 PST

By the way everyone, this auction ended at $450 (reserve not met). Since you post like you got mad money to burn Madbacker (such a funny user name since you cant back it up), then why didn't you bid again with your "$550-$600 offer you claimed you would have payed for it". Surely you would have won the auction.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #57
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
2012 Cryptozoic Walking Dead Season 2 Shane Jack Redd Sketch Card Amazing 1 1 | eBay

By the way everyone, this auction ended at $450 (reserve not met). Since you post like you got mad money to burn Madbacker (such a funny user name since you cant back it up), then why didn't you bid again with your "$550-$600 offer you claimed you would have payed for it". Surely you would have won the auction.
See the quality of a card also has a lot to do with it if you ask me. For that card... if I pulled it I can understand why there'd be a reserve and a certain amount to let it go for. My beef is with the cards that list for ungodly amounts that aren't even from big names on the auctions.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #58
THE_BEAST

And you sure do seem to edit you posts a lot. This thread, that thread, a bunch of threads actually. WHY IS THAT?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #59
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
No, I used the money for something else and I'm not going to pay $550 for something that's barely worth $450. I put a price tag of $550 on it and I was wrong. Fortunately for me, the deal didn't go through because the seller had an even higher value on it than I did.
Quote:

SMH....reading is fundamental.

I'm going to end my responses since we seem to just have different people jumping in, with the same points and I have to answer them all with the same answers.

I was willing to pay $550, greedy seller wanted $700, now the card's market value is well below either of those. Nanny, Nanny, Boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Good day, Gentlemen.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
THE_BEAST

My prior post (#58) is meant for Madbacker. Just want to clear that up before someone decides it was a dis towards durstlimpbizkit.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #61
THE_BEAST

Quote:
SMH....reading is fundamental.

I'm going to end my responses since we seem to just have different people jumping in, with the same points and I have to answer them all with the same answers.

I was willing to pay $550, greedy seller wanted $700, now the card's market value is well below either of those. Nanny, Nanny, Boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Good day, Gentlemen.
Good job Mad, you managed to edit you ENTIRE post before the 1 minute timer hit
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #62
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
My prior post (#58) is meant for Madbacker. Just want to clear that up before someone decides it was a dis towards durstlimpbizkit.
I didn't read it that way so no worries. I just responded since I weighed in a bit earlier in the thread.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #63
THE_BEAST

That Jack Redd card is worth $1000, every penny of it. And it will be even more of a desired card in a month or so when I get my Glenn AP from from Jack. Heres a little hint as to what will be drawn on the card. It'll fit in line with the Rick and Shane cards perfectly.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Jack Redd on had 2 AP's. And he only did 3 characters and walker cards from the series. Rick, Shane and Glenn.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #64
THE_BEAST

Hey hamoody22, if I were you I wouldn't sell the card right now (that is unless you need the moola right now). Wait til July/August and relist it at $1200 OBO. Im sure you'll get some big offers then. Right now, the market is filled with mostly low/mid end sketches. Wait til the market dries up first.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #65
TEKWATCH

Wow, It's just some cards. If it makes everyone this angry and upset, just give me the cards. I will take care of them for you LOL!!!
TEKWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #66
THE_BEAST

It's up AGAIN

Andrew Lincoln Rick Grimes Sheriff Badge Patch 08 18 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead | eBay

This time he only wants 3x what it's worth.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
The Madbacker
Banned

Quote:
It's up AGAIN

Andrew Lincoln Rick Grimes Sheriff Badge Patch 08 18 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead | eBay

Jealousy is a stinky cologne. You sure do seem to like me and thanks for the exposure!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #68
Nicnac

Quote:
Jealousy is a stinky cologne. You sure do seem to like me and thanks for the exposure!
He's pointing out what a hypocrite you are. Amazing how some sellers want 3x what something is worth when they have received reasonable offers. What maroons!
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #69
ricksam

so what is the real price u are selling for / looking for on that badge?
trading?

ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #70
mmbtvs
unregistered

I have one carl sketch from season 1, and 1 carl sketch from season 2, plus 1 glenn sketch from season 2. I will let them go for only 15 thousand dollars each. Paypal gift only.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #71
kapz01

Quote:
It's up AGAIN

He wants to show people what he has and they don't.... at $1000 cheaper this time... He felt bad for being so douchey, and to make up, wants people to be 1/3rd less jealous.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #72
BHotz

Would I be trolling if I said every sketch (outside of Hall/Glebe) over $100 is over-valued?

To each their own, but it's absolutely crazy the premium of WD vs. comic/Star Wars sketch. Personally, I've seen a handful of Halls/Glebes I'd spend $100-$300 on but even they are absurdly priced with some near $1000.

Bottom-line about sellers is it's their choice. If they are happy with ~$500 then obviously they would lower the price. It's very simple.
BHotz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #73
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHotz View Post
Would I be trolling if I said every sketch (outside of Hall/Glebe) over $100 is over-valued?
No - I don't think that would be trolling.

Also... I'm not familiar with the artist line-up for WD, BUT I personally do not consider either of them to be the 'cream of the crop' in the sketch card world. Yes, they are quite popular and I know I'm getting tomatoes thrown at me right now, but if they are on the $100+ list then there are a good number of other artists that belong there too.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #74
durstlimpbizkit

Quote:
No - I don't think that would be trolling.

Also... I'm not familiar with the artist line-up for WD, BUT I personally do not consider either of them to be the 'cream of the crop' in the sketch card world. Yes, they are quite popular and I know I'm getting tomatoes thrown at me right now, but if they are on the $100+ list then there are a good number of other artists that belong there too.
There's plenty of artists that aren't worth $100 that still manage to sell for it. Some of the sketch cards I saw pulled this go around were absolutely terrible. I mean they're still 1/1 cards but they just didn't stack up well in comparison to some of the S1 cards that I saw.

Either way.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #75
t2554

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHotz View Post

To each their own, but it's absolutely crazy the premium of WD vs. comic/Star Wars sketch. Personally, I've seen a handful of Halls/Glebes I'd spend $100-$300 on but even they are absurdly priced with some near $1000.

Bottom-line about sellers is it's their choice. If they are happy with ~$500 then obviously they would lower the price. It's very simple.
For this set, what someone is asking for and what it's worth are two different things 90% of the time. I don't recall any card selling for anywhere near $1000 except an $800 AP (can't remember whose) and the recent Jack Redd AP for around $600 (great card). Also, something to remember with the Glebes in this set, they only have 6 pack-inserted cards. The only Glebe I've seen pulled is one of the Shanes and it sold for around $600. There are 3 of their cards I'm super-impressed with but only one must have (the Rick sketch). I'm happy with my AP as I wouldn't even be able to afford the Rick if it ever did show up lol.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote