Blowout Cards Forums
17-18 nba

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 10-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Davis

Default Interesting Transaction...what would you do?

Wondering what you guys think on this one. Did I avoid getting scammed? Is this neg worthy for the buyer?

Back on Aug 8, I sold 2 cards for $510 to a newer boardmember. I promptly shipped priority mail w/ signature confirmation and on 8/11 usps attempted to deliver but there was "animal interference" so they couldn't deliver. After a couple days of seeing it not delivered, I PM'd the buyer to let him know the package was at the post office and he needed to pick it up. Another week goes by...still at usps. I PM the buyer again. Another week, same thing. I probably sent 3 or 4 PM's over the span of a month without getting a reply and seeing that the package was still at the post office.

Finally on 9/15 I get a response from the buyer that he was away longer than expected and asked if I had received the package yet. I let him know it's still at the post office and he responds that he'll pick it up in the next couple days.

A couple more weeks go by, package is still at usps. I'm beginning to fear that he has the package and usps never scanned it when he picked up. It's early October and it seems odd that usps would hold a package that long. I do a little digging and see that the buyer's ebay account is now suspended by ebay.

Fearing a paypal chargeback and never seeing the cards again, I called usps last week and asked them to locate the package and if they found it, return it to the sender as it's been sitting at the post office for almost 2 months. I received the package back yesterday with both cards and refunded the buyer the full purchase amount this morning. However, I'm little disappointed by having to give a full refund because over the last 2 months, the 2 cards have declined in value by $100-$150. Should I just be grateful that I didn't get hosed out of both the cards and then hit with a chargeback?

Sorry for the long post...just needed to share this and get your opinions.
Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
tonedef2oo8

If the cards went up in value would you send him some? No, so just be happy you got them back and leave a negative
Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Whodey14

Very odd situation. I wouldn't have let it sit for so long but I would at a minimum give him a neutral. A lot of time and money wasted in my opinion.

** https://www.flickr.com/photos/138959772@N06/albums **
Whodey14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
deansayso

Sounds like a negative experience to me!
deansayso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
wethenorth

not sure about paypal, but if it's an ebay transaction buyer protection will get voided. it's buyer's responsibility to pick up the package.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
Branesergen

Wait why is it a negative? It's not his fault, it's the post offices and the sellers. The seller is responsible to get the item delivered. If animal interference caused a delay the seller should have called it back after a couple of weeks. You let it sit there just as much as he did and had you acted sooner the outcome would have been totally different. You could have called it back, or pushed for delivery in which either way you're protected. Had he opened a case after doing nothing then that's different, but he didn't.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #7
houdini
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Wait why is it a negative? It's not his fault, it's the post offices and the sellers. The seller is responsible to get the item delivered. If animal interference caused a delay the seller should have called it back after a couple of weeks. You let it sit there just as much as he did and had you acted sooner the outcome would have been totally different. You could have called it back, or pushed for delivery in which either way you're protected. Had he opened a case after doing nothing then that's different, but he didn't.
I love how this is the seller's fault. After 2 months, the seller is to blame.
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:59 PM   #8
no10pin

Quote:
What? How on earth is this the seller's fault? The buyer's home situation is the reason it wasn't delivered, and he was notified to pick it up.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #9
Firerunner4

Quote:
Holy crap, this cannot be for real
Firerunner4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #10
Bottom9th

Quote:
Just when you think you heard everything. NO WAY this is the sellers fault.
Bottom9th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #11
rcgdodge

Quote:
You serious??

COMC - rcgdodge - Feel free to make an offer
rcgdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #12
Chris Lyle

Quote:
Please tell me this is a joke!
Chris Lyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #13
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
I'm hoping you read the original post backwards... or it's opposite day where you live.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #14
Earlsnake07

Yea......IMO 2 months is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to have waited, but in no way is it the sellers fault

OP - did the original buyer say he was going away for a while?
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5 ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'14 CHROME ALEX SMITH YELLOW AND BLACK PRINTING PLATES & ANY CHIEFS CHROME SUPERS
SCA - https://sportscardalbum.com/u/earlsnake07
Earlsnake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #15
Verufian

Quote:
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsnake07 View Post
Yea......IMO 2 months is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to have waited, but in no way is it the sellers fault

OP - did the original buyer say he was going away for a while?
No. He told me a frew times that he would pick up the cards. Then after going silent for 2-3 weeks, he PM'd me on 9/15 and said he was away longer than he had expected and that he would pick them up. It was about 2 weeks after that when I noticed that his ebay account was suspended...which was the final red flag for me so I had usps locate the package and return it.
Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #17
deansayso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
No. He told me a frew times that he would pick up the cards. Then after going silent for 2-3 weeks, he PM'd me on 9/15 and said he was away longer than he had expected and that he would pick them up. It was about 2 weeks after that when I noticed that his ebay account was suspended...which was the final red flag for me so I had usps locate the package and return it.
It's a good thing you sent with signature confirmation!
deansayso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #18
hairysasquatch

Branesergen - clearly......
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #19
Branesergen

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Neg him!
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote