Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #451
hofcollector2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
Did you watch the game?

Was hitting incredible shots. Even the announcers were amazed by those baskets.

But keep on hating
Did you watch that 3rd quarter? How many times was he double teamed? He got hot, you double team a hot player, not play him one on one. If your the Raptors you don't let Lebron beat you, you let everyone else and live with it.
hofcollector2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #452
aaron2

So at this rate let's say the Cavs win the East (if they keep playing like this)

Lebron needs to score 60-ish a game to beat the Warriors (maybe more?)
aaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #453
HP7163
Banned

Quote:
I understand why people hate on Lebron (just like I used to hate Jordan before I realized what an amazing player he was)

Lebron isn't without his faults. (Yes, he's a pompous ass and has made a lot of bad decisions and I really hated him until a few years ago)

But then I see how he plays the game and I realize we may not see a complete player like this for a long time and I've learned to appreciate him. Hopefully he has many more productive years ahead.
Completely on the same page as me

The dude is just awesome and on another level. Rare air we’re luckil being able to watch
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #454
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
So at this rate let's say the Cavs win the East (if they keep playing like this)

Cavs can play with anyone. They just have to have everything clicking and we haven’t seen them be able to do that consistently.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #455
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofcollector2 View Post
Did you watch that 3rd quarter? How many times was he double teamed? He got hot, you double team a hot player, not play him one on one. If your the Raptors you don't let Lebron beat you, you let everyone else and live with it.

Ha Ha!!! Ok... He had how many assists tonight? 14. double team him and see what that gets you.

He was on another planet tonight. (like Thanos if you get the reference)

Last edited by blackbears86; 05-03-2018 at 08:01 PM.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #456
RYBOWSKI97

All time great performance by lebron. If cavs play like they did tonight, they are a scary team. Toronto is still a great team, they arent done yet! I still think philly is the biggest test in the east right now. Off topic but a question for celtics fans... What do u do next year when hayward comes back with tatum and brown....who loses playing time there? Good problem to have but unreal how loaded that team is and will be!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #457
HP7163
Banned

Quote:

unless Love gets healthy while producing and JR can throw in 15-20 a game the Cavs have little to no shot IMO

May get a game but Dubs are to loaded
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #458
AlabamaSlamma

Pissed off Lebron is PISSED.

Rough day for Drake. Rihanna throws him into the Sunken Place, and now this.

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #459
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:

I honestly don't think anyone is beating the Warriors in a 7 game series (though I hope it's at least competitive).

Simply stating how people fall into the yearly hype of the East somehow being taken by a different team not lead by Lebron.

Last year was the Wizz...year before that the Rap...people thought the Bucks at one point were a threat...yada yada rinse repeat...
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #460
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
Completely on the same page as me

The dude is just awesome and on another level. Rare air we’re luckil being able to watch

Yup... Instead of hating, let's just enjoy, because he won't be here forever.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #461
RYBOWSKI97

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
cavs can play with anyone. They just have to have everything clicking and we haven’t seen them be able to do that consistently.
thank u.....this is spot on and the problem is the cavs lacked any consistency this year. Role players and even kevin love just failed to show up some nights. Jr smith was not engaged all season and nance jr has to be the most inconsistent dude on the team.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #462
johnyensmith123

Quote:
I understand why people hate on Lebron (just like I used to hate Jordan before I realized what an amazing player he was)

Lebron isn't without his faults. (Yes, he's a pompous ass and has made a lot of bad decisions and I really hated him until a few years ago)
What exactly are his "faults"? The Decision? Is that something you still think he should be bashed over? Leaving a terrible roster that he carried and lost to Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rondo in the playoffs because his team was trash? Because Gilbert didn't give any help and there was no way anyone could beat that Celtics with that terrible Cavs roster? Jordan couldn't beat the Celtics's big three in the playoffs when his team was terrible, didn't matter if he scored 63 against them–still got swept by them. And why would LeBron leave just to go to another terrible team? He's going to try to do the best for him (without bandwagoning with the Celtics like KD did with the Warriors), because critics and haters only talk and care about rings, and there was no way he could win with that Cavs roster. He made a great decision to try to put himself in the best position to win, to counter Celtics' big three + Rondo with his own big three. Regarding The Decision being on TV, he did agree beforehand (before show even aired) that he would donate all proceedings to charity, etc.

What else do you think are his "faults"?
johnyensmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #463
Dnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyensmith123 View Post
What exactly are his "faults"? The Decision? Is that something you still think he should be bashed over? Leaving a terrible roster that he carried and lost to Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rondo in the playoffs because his team was trash? Because Gilbert didn't give any help and there was no way anyone could beat that Celtics with that terrible Cavs roster? Jordan couldn't beat the Celtics's big three in the playoffs when his team was terrible, didn't matter if he scored 63 against them–still got swept by them. And why would LeBron leave just to go to another terrible team? He's going to try to do the best for him (without bandwagoning with the Celtics like KD did with the Warriors), because critics and haters only talk and care about rings, and there was no way he could win with that Cavs roster. He made a great decision to try to put himself in the best position to win, to counter Celtics' big three + Rondo with his own big three. Regarding The Decision being on TV, he did agree beforehand (before show even aired) that he would donate all proceedings to charity, etc.

Good points and I agree, I don't see anyone bashing KD
Dnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #464
johnyensmith123

Quote:
I guess you could say the same thing with Jordan (when double teaming meant committing to Jordan due to completely different rules on defense) and Kobe when he had 81 against the Raptors and he wasn't really being doubled much, huh?

Just enjoy greatness, and stop blaming the Raptors defense for not double teaming him and making those kind of excuses.
johnyensmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #465
hofcollector2

Quote:
Ha Ha!!! Ok... He had how many assists tonight? 14. double team him and see what that gets you.

He was on another planet tonight. (like Thanos if you get the reference)
So what, let him have 20 assist. Just don't let him beat you with scoring. When a players hot more than likely the other players are not going to be as hot... actually nevermind. I'm not talking to someone who knows basketball, lol. Yes Lebron had an amazing game. Defending someone like him one on one is not good defense, that was my point.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #466
hofcollector2

Talking

Quote:
I guess you could say the same thing with Jordan (when double teaming meant committing to Jordan due to completely different rules on defense) and Kobe when he had 81 against the Raptors and he wasn't really being doubled much, huh?

Just enjoy greatness, and stop blaming the Raptors defense for not double teaming him and making those kind of excuses.
Problem is Jordan was doubled, triple teamed all the time and still produced. Kobe, lol. When he hit his 81 no one double teamed him and in fact they had rookies on him so same thing applies with Kobe. The Raptors defense was crap, you don't let a great player go one on one practically the whole game. They are not excuses, they are fact. I actually watched this game, lol, and not highlights
Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 PM   #467
blackbears86

Quote:
So what, let him have 20 assist. Just don't let him beat you with scoring. When a players hot more than likely the other players are not going to be as hot... actually nevermind. I'm not talking to someone who knows basketball, lol. Yes Lebron had an amazing game. Defending someone like him one on one is not good defense, that was my point.

Your a coach? Maybe you should call Dwayne Casey and help him out.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #468
blackbears86

Quote:

Pretty much everyone on the Cavs were hot tonight.

My point: the way Lebron and the Cavs were playing, doubling/tripling him wouldn't have made a difference.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #469
blackbears86

Quote:

whoa.....cool your jets here, did you not read my post? I didn't like him at first, then came around.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #470
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnic View Post
Good points and I agree, I don't see anyone bashing KD

Ummmm, there were numerous threads bashing KD.

People HATED and still hate KD for joining the Warriors.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #471
aaron2

Quote:
Ummmm, there were numerous threads bashing KD.

People HATED and still hate KD for joining the Warriors.
KD creates fake accounts to defend himself though
aaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #472
hofcollector2

Quote:
Your a coach? Maybe you should call Dwayne Casey and help him out.
The way the Raptors are playing , I should be, lol. And you don't need to be a coach to have common sense.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #473
blackbears86

Quote:
The way the Raptors are playing , I should be, lol. And you don't need to be a coach to have common sense.
I think you get my point.

K love 31 pts
jr smith 15 pts
g hill 13pts

even Jeff Green had 14 points!!!! (and he's been terrible this year)

the role players were huge tonight. I just don't think it would have mattered.

But I think you and I can both agree: the raps are toast.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #474
hofcollector2

Quote:
I think you get my point.

K love 31 pts
jr smith 15 pts
g hill 13pts

even Jeff Green had 14 points!!!! (and he's been terrible this year)

the role players were huge tonight. I just don't think it would have mattered.

But I think you and I can both agree: the raps are toast.
Yea probably, I'll concede after game 3. It matters down the road. The Cavs are not in the Raptors head, Lebron is. You don't let Lebron beat you, period.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #475
blackbears86

Quote:
Yea probably, I'll concede after game 3. It matters down the road. The Cavs are not in the Raptors head, Lebron is. You don't let Lebron beat you, period.

I do agree with you, but if that's the way Toronto has played defense all year, it's kind of tough to adjust on the fly in the playoffs.

it's all really a mute point now, as a sweep is likely.