Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
merkin

Default What is your preferred shipping method

First class mail?
Registered Mail with Insurance?
Priority Mail?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Chucky

It depends what I am sending and the value of the item.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
merkin

More specifically, I am thinking of setting up my first card auctions, to get rid of some stuff like a UD SPX Ryan Braun Auto redemption.
I think most people are using First Class with Insurance... but I don't know whats best.....and am wondering if you can do this online.....
Old 08-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
Jughead

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

First class and Priority take the same amount of time. First class only works for up to 13 ounces. If you accept PayPal, and if the address is confirmed, and if you do not use Delivery Confirmation, the recipient can file a claim with PayPal and say that they did not receive it, and because you did not use online tracking, you cannot prove that it was sent, and the recipient will get its money back.

I wouldn't insure packages unless the winner wants it.

You can print postage online. Endicia and stamps.com are popular choices. Also, I think you can print postage directly from PayPal if someone pays for the item with it. Delivery confirmation is also cheaper (free with Priority) than if you did it at the post office, if the payment was made with PayPal.

Registered and Certified mail pretty much are extra expenses that are unnecessary.

Most post offices have these automated kiosks that let you mail packages. I'd learn to use them.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
merkin

Thx bro, I owe ya
Old 08-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #6
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Jug's info is dead on. Delivery Confirmation with 1st class via Paypal is an automated .18 cents. Its probably an unecessary add on for most packages as I still the normal ebay isn't out to screw anyone, but since I don't ship that many packages I use it as using the paypal shipping feature keeps everything trackable through ebay (automatically sends the buyer a shipping notice so they already have the tracking number if they need it), lets you do a search for the item through your "My ebay" page. Lots of little things that make things easier when someone does ask the famous "wheres my package" statement.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
tooleman

I've been noticing lately that my bubble envelopes with stamps or post office-generated postage labels are getting to customers faster than those with pre-printed labels generated through PayPal. And half the time, the pre-printed labels with delivery confirmation aren't scanned at delivery.
My shipping guidelines are as follows:
Cards less than $100 value: USPS First Class stamped (80 cents)
Cards higher than $100 value: USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope ($4.85)
Cards higher than $200 value: USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope w/signature required ($6.35)
Priority Flat Rate Envelopes seem to have a much better chance of being scanned at delivery.
Sets and larger lots: FedEx ground. I have a 15% discount since I generate all labels online. Anybody can get the discount by signing up for an account. (very competitive shipping and you can track the package all the way to delivery).
Sports tickets always go FedEx Express flat rate (Express Saver $11, 2-day $14 and Standard Overnight $18, buyer option) I often find that Express Saver gets to a destination in 2 days).

Tooleman
tooleman is offline   Reply With Quote