Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #4051
OLDPAPER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Easiest way to figure storage fees in advance is:

Sometimes I go for weeks or months without repricing anything. That being said, anyone at COMC can feel free to either fix the bulk repricer tool, or to come up with some sort of way to automatically reprice your items. (For example, something similar to a Promotional Sale where you reduce the price of everything by a certain percent, except that it doesn't end. It just becomes the new price.)
They can't get around to the bulk re-pricing tool...they are too busy playing pack wars. It is pretty amazing that this has not been a higher priority....this should not be all that hard for the tech gurus to figure out
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #4052
adamdavidson47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
They can't get around to the bulk re-pricing tool...they are too busy playing pack wars.
Oh man this made me spit out my water
Old 05-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #4053
COMC James
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
They can't get around to the bulk re-pricing tool...they are too busy playing pack wars. It is pretty amazing that this has not been a higher priority....this should not be all that hard for the tech gurus to figure out
I spoke to this a little earlier in the thread:
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...9#post13502549

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMC James View Post
I completely understand the pain points of having a large inventory and no easy way to manage it. My understanding is that we made some improvements behind the scenes some time ago, which resulted in the legacy Bulk Price Editor no longer being compatible with the site. This isn’t something that we’ve forgotten about, but as I spoke to earlier, developmental time and resources play a big factor into creating new tools and features. I don’t have a timeline to offer, but this request is not something that has been forgotten about.
COMC James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #4054
checkoutmydeals

@COMC James - a workaround to the bulk pricer not working would be to introduce a feature similar to a Promotional Feature. Except instead of temporarily reducing all of your prices by a certain percentage, a seller could permanently reduce their prices by some percentage.

If sellers could automatically reduce all of their prices by 1%, 5%, 10% every week / month / whenever sales are sluggish, then there would always be interesting buying opportunities on the site, and a reason for buyers to check back on a regular basis.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #4055
hofs4u

Quote:
@COMC James - a workaround to the bulk pricer not working would be to introduce a feature similar to a Promotional Feature. Except instead of temporarily reducing all of your prices by a certain percentage, a seller could permanently reduce their prices by some percentage.

If sellers could automatically reduce all of their prices by 1%, 5%, 10% every week / month / whenever sales are sluggish, then there would always be interesting buying opportunities on the site, and a reason for buyers to check back on a regular basis.
Buy this man a drink!!

This is the perfect solution to the late great bulk editor, which along with multi-layered search filters are the two biggest omissions on the site.

Also would love to see the ability to click on cards (a check or radio box) within search or port view to add them to your cart without having to click each one individually and then hitting the "add to cart" button for each one.
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #4056
premium1981

Quote:

Will never happen. That would cut into their sale feature and they would lose money. I bet we never see another bulk editor.
premium1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #4057
checkoutmydeals

It wouldn't have to be a free feature. I'd certainly pay a one-time fee to reprice 70,000 cards at once. Or I'd be willing to pay some sort of fee for useful selling tools like a bulk repricer, or for actual market data.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 AM   #4058
premium1981

Quote:
It wouldn't have to be a free feature. I'd certainly pay a one-time fee to reprice 70,000 cards at once. Or I'd be willing to pay some sort of fee for useful selling tools like a bulk repricer, or for actual market data.
You wouldn't be willing to pay what they lose in sale fees. They are all about the bottom dollar. I love your idea. It just isn't going to happen. I don't see a bulk editor of any kind ever coming back. I have been with COMC since the very early days. Their behavior is predictable, and I predict it isn't happening....lol.
premium1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:51 AM   #4059
boxbuster7

Anyone know what "transfer items" mean. I have items I bought a month ago that were for sale with prices as "items needing attention." The weird thing is I have to reprice the items again...
Old 05-17-2018, 04:31 AM   #4060
mjohnatgt

The only transfer items I know about are ones that came from Upper Deck ePack. If they were returns to you (rare but do happen), they usually send you an email when they put them back in your port. Sometimes if the item needs to be authenticated (probably reported by another user), they'll put it back in your port unpriced.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #4061
whyn0twynne

Does the storage fee apply to purchases too?
whyn0twynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #4062
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyn0twynne View Post
Not unless you relist them for sale.
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #4063
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyn0twynne View Post
Storage fees are 1 cent taken out on the first day of each month, for cards listed at 76 cents or more in Advanced Shipping Mode. If you submitted the card, it will have three months grace period before the storage fees start. If you buy something and relist, it will be charged a penny on June 1.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #4064
ryanscardz

@comc James You guys are really doing well on Twitter lately, but why don’t you include the players twitter handle in your tweets? For example today you tweeted Happy Birthday to Matt Ryan. If you would have included his twitter handle he may have retweeted the post exposing all of his followers to the website.
ryanscardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #4065
checkoutmydeals

You wouldn't be willing to pay what they lose in sale fees. They are all about the bottom dollar.

My understanding is that the money from the promotional sales are used for "Advertising", so it shouldn't affect the site's bottom line either way.

My recollection is that the Bulk Editor became a bit glitchy when they started the Advanced Reseller / Simplified Shipping stuff, and that it fell completely off the rails when they replaced Beckett Values with their own Suggested Retail Price. I may be off base, but my impression is that they don't want people scraping the COMC database to mine their proprietary pricing information, which is probably why the percent off sort hasn't worked in 5 years either.

Anyway, if that's the issue, they could come up with some sort of online tool where people can adjust their prices in mass without downloading the price info or item descriptions, or whatever they're worried about.

And, since COMC already has a mechanism where people can temporarily reduce prices, they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to come up with some way to permanently reduce prices.

They could even hype it up by having one day per month or so where people can mark down their entire port and call it "Markdown Madness" or something.

Either way, whenever the COMC users have the ear of someone at COMC, it's a good idea to speak up about the sort of features you'd like to see. Most of the time, they don't implement a feature because they can't figure out the logistics, or they don't think that it's a feature that people would actually want. So, on something like this, it's a good idea not just to remind them that it actually is a wanted feature, but also to offer ideas on how the feature could be implemented.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #4066
adamdavidson47

I wish you could run partial port sales.

Like only your basketball stuff, etc, or only items below a price threshold.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #4067
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
I wish you could run partial port sales.

Like only your basketball stuff, etc, or only items below a price threshold.
You can break up by years and sports already. Not sure how, as I don't sell ports, but it is definitely possible (and common).
3124508 on COMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #4068
adamdavidson47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
You can break up by years and sports already. Not sure how, as I don't sell ports, but it is definitely possible (and common).
Not a port sale, a sale

Say I want to run 50% off on only my basketball stuff.

Or I want to run 70% off on everything under $5
Old 05-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #4069
COMC James
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
@comc James You guys are really doing well on Twitter lately, but why don’t you include the players twitter handle in your tweets? For example today you tweeted Happy Birthday to Matt Ryan. If you would have included his twitter handle he may have retweeted the post exposing all of his followers to the website.
Valid feedback, and this is something that I need to be better about. Our content management system for social media is great in most areas, but isn't as intuitive or have as much search functionality as twitter's built in search. You'll notice improvement in tagging teams/players starting next week.
COMC James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #4070
xbignick

Think it's worth putting in to ship my cards now or is it so delayed I might as well wait for the free coupon to arrive?
Old 05-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #4071
Rictor

Odd, I show sales of about 30 Prizm cards to "Staff" today. Then I show what appears to be those same cards in my account needing to be priced. Anyone seen that happen before?
Rictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #4072
OLDPAPER
Banned

Quote:
I spoke to this a little earlier in the thread:
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...9#post13502549
I am well aware you spoke to it...that does not get us any closer to getting the bulk pricing tool.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #4073
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscardz View Post
Funny, they used to include the player's twitter handle on the Birthday tweets...Sometimes, the player would even respond.

Quote:
Valid feedback, and this is something that I need to be better about. Our content management system for social media is great in most areas, but isn't as intuitive or have as much search functionality as twitter's built in search. You'll notice improvement in tagging teams/players starting next week.
Let me help you out there...no consultant fee or nothin'...

Hey Google, what's Matt Ryan's Twitter Handle?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #4074
Bowman1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Think it's worth putting in to ship my cards now or is it so delayed I might as well wait for the free coupon to arrive?
Why would it be delayed via the regular 60 day time frame? Mine begin showing up within about two weeks.
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #4075
mjohnatgt

I think the question was concerning mailing to him, not to COMC.