Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #1576
Dbacksbaseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Wellllll this hasn't been the best of weeks. Team is still trending in the right direction, with 315+ points in 5 of the last 7 weeks, but this one is sure one to toss out
Yup everyone has a throw away week or two during the year. Iím glad to bounce back after 2 bad weeks in a row.

Iím noticing solidifying the back end of your starters is a key. That is likely streamable but weeks where my 5/6 couldnít get me 8-15 points were weeks a struggled. That was happening consistently in the beginning with Betts and Williams but both had drop offs.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #1577
Sportscards515

Looking to trade for a top 40 SP, all of my batters are available in the right deal.
Sportscards515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:41 AM   #1578
Hollywood42

Looking for a young-ish 3B and 1-2 top 40-ish SPs. Pretty open to moving the roster around a bit
Blowout's Minnesota Twins Face of the Franchise
Hollywood42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #1579
Hollywood42

So BoSox isn't having the best of weeks
Old 06-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #1580
Bosox34

Quote:
So BoSox isn't having the best of weeks

Itís been a rough 3 weeks. My pitching cannot stay healthy and even when healthy, itís been extremely poor outing from my pitchers
Old 07-03-2018, 11:02 AM   #1581
Cornerstore

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Looking to move Danny Salazar, Alex Reyes, Brent Honeywell, Matt Olson, Kyle Seager anyone on my spec roster is available. These are great dynasty pieces - i want older top tier players in return - players who will separate me from the pack who have 1-2 more years of dominance where you can roll the dice the next 5-10.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #1582
Cornerstore

Drop J.B. Bukauskas from minor league roster.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #1583
Cornerstore

Also dropping Anderson Espinosa from minor league roster
Old 07-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #1584
Dbacksbaseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox34 View Post
Itís been a rough 3 weeks. My pitching cannot stay healthy and even when healthy, itís been extremely poor outing from my pitchers
Im fighting the same as I tumble.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #1585
Hollywood42

Have extras at SS, OF, and closer available to trade. Mainly looking for a starters (anywhere from top tier or back end rotation help), but would consider trades for bat upgrades at any position or boosts to the farm system
Old 07-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #1586
Bosox34

Well that’s just great. Trying to edit my lineup to put in my starters for today and the ESPN app decides today to not work :/
Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #1587
Hollywood42

Desktop site is working fine for me. I have heard other people having issues with ESPN today though
Old 07-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #1588
Cornerstore

Calling up: Kyle Tucker. That should leave now 4 open spots on my minor league roster. Dropping Zack Britton in league.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #1589
Hollywood42

I still feel like my team should be much better than my soon to be 6-8 record, but it is what it is at this point. Considering selling off some of my guys if anyone's interested. Not completely tearing things down- I feel like I still have a pretty strong core, so it'd be hard to get guys like Sanchez, Machado, Severino, Rizzo, etc. But certainly willing to move others. Open to offers, but I'll say that I do like pitching
Old 07-09-2018, 10:27 PM   #1590
Hollywood42

Quick reminder that you must drop players from your prospect roster TONIGHT to get additional picks in the midseason prospect draft

I'll be dropping Will Craig, Jason Groome, and Lourdes Gurriel Jr from my roster to bring me to 4 total open slots
Old 07-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #1591
Hollywood42

Midseason prospect draft order is officially set. Here's who all has draft picks, and how many each person has-

Bosox- 1
Corner- 4
Dbacks- 2
Fire- 2
Hollywood- 4
SC515- 5

Of those guys, here's the current standings-

Corner (1)
SC515 (2)
Dbacks (4)
Bosox (5)
Hollywood (8)
Fire (10)

So, based off of a snake format in reverse current standings, here is our 2018 midseason prospect draft order-

Round 1
1. Firerunner
2. Hollywood
3. Bosox
4. Dbacks
5. SC515
6. Corner

Round 2
7. Corner
8. SC515
9. Dbacks
10. Hollywood
11. Fire

Round 3
12. Hollywood
13. SC515
14. Corner

Round 4
15. Corner
16. SC515
17. Hollywood

Round 5
18. SC515

Let me know if anything looks off and I'll double check the order. Otherwise, the draft will begin on Monday, July 16

Eligibility reminders-

"Any player that is not on another team's roster is eligible to be drafted in the prospect draft. They do not need to be in ESPN's player pool or signed with a MLB/MiLB team in order to be drafted. EXCEPTION- To protect against a loophole allowing people to demote a player (remember that demoting players from your major league roster to your prospect roster is not allowed), if there is a prospect dropped from a major league roster, they must be dropped 7 days before the midseason prospect draft begins (to allow the player to pass through waivers and allow a few days on free agency). This is to prevent teams from dropping a prospect from their major league roster on ESPN and selecting them in the midseason prospect draft before another team has the chance to make a waiver claim or free agency add of that player."
Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #1592
Cornerstore

well i already have my top 16 prospects list ready and really like the top 7 so getting 2 of them will be nice additions
Old 07-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #1593
Hollywood42

Bored and have some time to kill, so here's my list of best picks from each round of the draft-

Round 1
Blake Snell- Firerunner Sure nailed it with the first overall pick. Snell has been a monster, and I don't believe anyone else in the draft has come anywhere close to returning Snell's value

Round 2
Mile Folty- Bankdawg I've had my eye on him for awhile, but didn't expect him to put everything together as well as he has. He's had a few poor starts here and there, but it's hard to go with anyone else from the 2nd round as the round's best pick- Folty's currently the 21st best SP on the year

Round 3
Matt Chapman- SC515. Honestly, this round was kind of a dud. Nobody really sticks out as a great pick, but I'll give it to Chapman since he's put together a decent year when he's been healthy

Round 4
Mitch Haniger- Bankdawg. This one wasn't really close, Haniger's been a top 20 OF all year long. Guess I made the wrong choice not selecting him as one of my last few keepers last year. It hurts seeing I kept Jorge Polanco, Luiz Gohara, and Andrew Miller instead

Round 5
Fernando Tatis Jr- Hollywood. This round was kind of a dud too, so I'll go with my pick of one of the top prospects available. At the very least, it set me up to acquire Machado in a trade earlier this year

Round 6
Miles Mikolas- Dbacks. Easy pick here. In a league where everyone likes pitching, scoring the 15th overall pitcher this late in the draft (or in the draft at all) is insane value. I'll admit I was wrong on this one, I knew about him but didn't expect him to do much of anything

Round 7
Fernando Rodney- Silverandblack. Not the most exiting round either, but getting someone who has turned out to be a solid closer in the 7th round is solid value

Round 8
Andrew Heaney- Bosox. Not sure what's gotten into Heaney this year, but he's put together some great starts. Currently sitting as the 31st overall SP

Round 9
Kyle Gibson- Bosox. Sure was a nice pair of picks in the 8th and 9th for Bosox. Gibson's finally managed to get the consistency he's always been missing, and he's the 28th best SP on the year

Round 10
Jose Martinez- Hollywood. I'll admit I got lucky on this one, but decided to take a flier on JoMart, and I'm sure glad I did! He's come out of nowhere to hit over .300 with 13 homers at this point of the year. Dual 1B/OF positional eligibility sure has been nice too. Currently ranks as the 7th best 1B and the 16th best OF
Old 07-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #1594
Cornerstore

Quote:
Bored and have some time to kill, so here's my list of best picks from each round of the draft-

Round 1
Blake Snell- Firerunner Sure nailed it with the first overall pick. Snell has been a monster, and I don't believe anyone else in the draft has come anywhere close to returning Snell's value

Round 2
Mile Folty- Bankdawg I've had my eye on him for awhile, but didn't expect him to put everything together as well as he has. He's had a few poor starts here and there, but it's hard to go with anyone else from the 2nd round as the round's best pick- Folty's currently the 21st best SP on the year

Round 3
Matt Chapman- SC515. Honestly, this round was kind of a dud. Nobody really sticks out as a great pick, but I'll give it to Chapman since he's put together a decent year when he's been healthy

Round 4
Mitch Haniger- Bankdawg. This one wasn't really close, Haniger's been a top 20 OF all year long. Guess I made the wrong choice not selecting him as one of my last few keepers last year. It hurts seeing I kept Jorge Polanco, Luiz Gohara, and Andrew Miller instead

Round 5
Fernando Tatis Jr- Hollywood. This round was kind of a dud too, so I'll go with my pick of one of the top prospects available. At the very least, it set me up to acquire Machado in a trade earlier this year

Round 6
Miles Mikolas- Dbacks. Easy pick here. In a league where everyone likes pitching, scoring the 15th overall pitcher this late in the draft (or in the draft at all) is insane value. I'll admit I was wrong on this one, I knew about him but didn't expect him to do much of anything

Round 7
Fernando Rodney- Silverandblack. Not the most exiting round either, but getting someone who has turned out to be a solid closer in the 7th round is solid value

Round 8
Andrew Heaney- Bosox. Not sure what's gotten into Heaney this year, but he's put together some great starts. Currently sitting as the 31st overall SP

Round 9
Kyle Gibson- Bosox. Sure was a nice pair of picks in the 8th and 9th for Bosox. Gibson's finally managed to get the consistency he's always been missing, and he's the 28th best SP on the year

Round 10
Jose Martinez- Hollywood. I'll admit I got lucky on this one, but decided to take a flier on JoMart, and I'm sure glad I did! He's come out of nowhere to hit over .300 with 13 homers at this point of the year. Dual 1B/OF positional eligibility sure has been nice too. Currently ranks as the 7th best 1B and the 16th best OF
I agree for the most part but have to try to give a shout out to two of my guys. My 3rd rounder of Suarez has been a monster for me with 69 rbis and the #5 3b so far this year only behind bregman, arenado, Ramirez and Machado.

Round 8 skaggs and heany have been basically same stats but skaggs has a much lower ERA while that doesnt impact too much on the league. So just giving a shout out to two of my guys.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #1595
Hollywood42

Didn't realize Suarez was the 5th 3B. I'd defs put him about Chapman in that case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
I agree for the most part but have to try to give a shout out to two of my guys. My 3rd rounder of Suarez has been a monster for me with 69 rbis and the #5 3b so far this year only behind bregman, arenado, Ramirez and Machado.

Round 8 skaggs and heany have been basically same stats but skaggs has a much lower ERA while that doesnt impact too much on the league. So just giving a shout out to two of my guys.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #1596
Hollywood42

2018 midseason prospect draft is officially open! Firerunner, you are free to make a pick to get things started. Eligibility reminders:

Player does not need to be in ESPN's player pool, nor signed with a MLB or MILB team to be drafted. Players that were dropped in ESPN less than a week ago are not eligible to be drafted. Anyone else that is not currently on an owners roster is fair game!

Here's the draft order again. Remember to PM the person after you so they are aware they're on the clock. We'll go with a 12 hour draft clock on this one to keep things moving. If you take more than 12 hours, the next person is free to pick. You can come back and make your selection anytime to catch back up

Any other questions, let me know!

Round 1
1. Firerunner- Kevin Newman (SS)
2. Hollywood- Yordan Alvarez (1B/OF)
3. Bosox
4. Dbacks
5. SC515
6. Corner

Round 2
7. Corner
8. SC515
9. Dbacks
10. Hollywood
11. Fire

Round 3
12. Hollywood
13. SC515
14. Corner

Round 4
15. Corner
16. SC515
17. Hollywood

Round 5
18. SC515

Last edited by Hollywood42; 07-16-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #1597
Cornerstore

Old 07-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #1598
Firerunner4

I will tale Kevin Newman (SS)
Firerunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #1599
Hollywood42

Two guys I really want here, but I'll go Yordan Alvarez (1B/OF)
Old 07-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #1600
Cornerstore

Quote:
Two guys I really want here, but I'll go Yordan Alvarez (1B/OF)
I'm going to say I'm 90% sure who the other is because him and Yordan were my top 2. Will see if somehow it makes around to the turn