Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #1601
Hollywood42

Yeah there's no way the other guy I wanted lasts until my next pick, so it was one or the other for me. Seems like you can't go wrong with Yordan though, he's been really, really good. Not counting on my other guy to last, so turning my focus to the third guy on my list. Hopefully he'll make it to me, but not sure about that one either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstore View Post
I'm going to say I'm 90% sure who the other is because him and Yordan were my top 2. Will see if somehow it makes around to the turn
Round 1
1. Firerunner- Kevin Newman (SS)
2. Hollywood- Yordan Alvarez (1B/OF)
3. Bosox- Jesus Sanchez (OF)
4. Dbacks- Casey Mize (SP)
5. SC515- Adonis Medina (P)
6. Corner- Nick Madrigal 2B/SS

Round 2
7. Corner- Jonathan India (INF)
8. SC515- Jarred Kelenic (OF)
9. Dbacks- Alec Bohm (3B)
10. Hollywood- Garrett Hampson (SS)
11. Fire

Round 3
12. Hollywood- Brusdar Graterol (SP)
13. SC515- Carter Kieboom (SS)
14. Corner- Austin Riley (3B)

Round 4
15. Corner- Chris Paddock (SP)
16. SC515- Albert Abreu (SP)
17. Hollywood- Brandon Marsh (OF)

Round 5
18. SC515- Carter Stewart (SP)
Blowout's Minnesota Twins Face of the Franchise

Last edited by Hollywood42; 07-18-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:26 AM   #1602
Bosox34

I’ll take Jesus Sanchez (OF) Tampa Bay Rays
Old 07-17-2018, 07:20 AM   #1603
Dbacksbaseball

Casey Mize
Old 07-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #1604
Hollywood42

SC515 has had 12 hours, so Corner is free to pick
Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #1605
Cornerstore

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Since SC would have the next 12 hours anyway, going to give him until 10pm with the all star game going on hopefully he will come on, if not wont really have any major impact going into tomorrow if the next 12 hours hold up.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #1606
Sportscards515

Sorry guys, I've been out of town. I’ll take Adonis Medina (P).
Sportscards515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:25 PM   #1607
Cornerstore

I'll take Nick Madrigal 2B/SS CHW and and Jonathan India 2b/ss/3b Cinn Reds
Old 07-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #1608
Hollywood42

Solid first round all around. Really glad I got my top guy in Alvarez. Casey Mize was 2nd on my list. Seems like he has a pretty high floor and isn't too far away from the bigs either. Sanchez was 4th on my list. Could have taken him with my first pick and felt like I got good value, but I preferred Alvarez and knew Sanchez wouldn't last anyways, so that probably helped knock him down a few slots

My 3rd guy is still available for now, but I'm also rethinking my draft strategy a bit. Thinking I might be able to grab 2 of the next 3 guys on my list if I do it in the right order. But I'm not entirely sure what that order is yet. We'll see who's still there when I get up and go from there
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #1609
Sportscards515

Jarred Kelenic (OF)
Old 07-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #1610
Dbacksbaseball

Alec Bohm 3B Phi. Go after the Judgeian power bat.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #1611
Dbacksbaseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Solid first round all around. Really glad I got my top guy in Alvarez. Casey Mize was 2nd on my list. Seems like he has a pretty high floor and isn't too far away from the bigs either. Sanchez was 4th on my list. Could have taken him with my first pick and felt like I got good value, but I preferred Alvarez and knew Sanchez wouldn't last anyways, so that probably helped knock him down a few slots

My 3rd guy is still available for now, but I'm also rethinking my draft strategy a bit. Thinking I might be able to grab 2 of the next 3 guys on my list if I do it in the right order. But I'm not entirely sure what that order is yet. We'll see who's still there when I get up and go from there
Was surprised to get him at 4. He won't be the first auto I'm looking for in draft this year, but in a pitching dynasty league....with an ETA of 2 years max....yea 100%. He has a lot of the same pedigree Nola had.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #1612
Hollywood42

I really don't know what I want to do anymore, but I guess I'll go with Garrett Hampson. Not really hyped whatsoever, so maybe I could have waited awhile, but the dude has basically been Trea Turner lite for his entire minor league career

I couldn't take Mize at 2 with Alvarez still available, but I didn't think he'd fall any farther than 4th. You had 2 nice picks today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacksbaseball View Post
Was surprised to get him at 4. He won't be the first auto I'm looking for in draft this year, but in a pitching dynasty league....with an ETA of 2 years max....yea 100%. He has a lot of the same pedigree Nola had.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:22 PM   #1613
Dbacksbaseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
I really don't know what I want to do anymore, but I guess I'll go with Garrett Hampson. Not really hyped whatsoever, so maybe I could have waited awhile, but the dude has basically been Trea Turner lite for his entire minor league career

I couldn't take Mize at 2 with Alvarez still available, but I didn't think he'd fall any farther than 4th. You had 2 nice picks today
Yea agree with you there on Alvarez. Like Hampson as well, solid OPB guy at the ML level, just not sure its with the Rockies. Shoot me your addy in a PM. Got a Dozier and Sano Full size relics in my Ginter case tonight. I don't need them and they won't bring in anything so Ill shoot them your way if you want em.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #1614
Hollywood42

Hey thanks, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacksbaseball View Post
Yea agree with you there on Alvarez. Like Hampson as well, solid OPB guy at the ML level, just not sure its with the Rockies. Shoot me your addy in a PM. Got a Dozier and Sano Full size relics in my Ginter case tonight. I don't need them and they won't bring in anything so Ill shoot them your way if you want em.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #1615
Cornerstore

Hampsen, Sanchez, Mize, Bohm were near the top of my board. Happy to get the two I was able to. Since my team is young and have a solid 20 already, went with the guys a little further away with a higher ceiling. Still some intriguing names out there
Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #1616
Hollywood42

PMed Fire last night, will give him a few more min before I pick and keep this moving
Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #1617
Hollywood42

Ok. I'll go with Brusdar Graterol. A ways away from the majors still, but I wanted to come out of the draft with a high potential pitcher, so here he is
Old 07-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #1618
Sportscards515

Carter Kieboom (SS)
Old 07-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #1619
Hollywood42

Corner is traveling today and PMed me his pick this afternoon. They are Austin Riley (3B) and Chris Paddock (SP)

SC515 is back on the clock. Will hold off PMing for a few min since he was here a few minutes ago
Old 07-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #1620
Sportscards515

Albert Abreu (SP)
Old 07-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #1621
Hollywood42

Still a few different guys I want to take, but it's really a shot in the dark with who might pan out and who won't. I guess I'll go with Brandon Marsh to finish off my prospect roster

SC515 is back up for one more pick, then we're done after Firerunner catches back up!

-------------------------

I'm happy with how the prospect draft went for me. I had a pretty meh prospect squad heading into the year, but I'm feeling much better about it now after the draft. I dropped a few of my dead weight guys before the draft (really could have ditched 1-2 more, but thought I'd hang onto them and see), and replace them with some really nice talent. Alvarez, Hampson, Graterol, and Marsh is a nice boost and gives me a couple different players that should help out in different areas. I don't have any top 10 prospects or anything at this point, but I have a few different guys I think will pan out quite well, and I think I have a pretty well rounded farm at this point-

Yordan Alvarez
Michel Baez
Michael Chavis
Zack Collins
Brusdar Graterol
Garrett Hampson
Brandon Marsh
Julio Pablo Martinez
Nate Pearson
Brent Rooker
Old 07-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #1622
Sportscards515

Carter Stewart (SP)
Old 07-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #1623
Hollywood42

Edited the league's scoring for a few minutes to be able to calculate some team stats for everyone again (all settings are back to how they should be now). My understanding is that these stats include only players that you had in an active slot. For example if I sat Gary Sanchez on a day he hit a home run, that hit, RBI, run, etc would NOT be included in these totals. Picked out a few to share, I'll take requests for others!

Batting average
1. Holly .275
2. Bshea .267
3. HOF .267
4. Todder .266
5. Bank .265
6. Bosox .263
7. Fire .262
8. Corner .257
9. S&B .257
10. Dbacks .255
11. Highroller .253
12. SC515 .250

OBP
1. Holly .349
2. Bshea .346
3. Bosox .345
4. Corner.343
5. Highroller .341
6. HOF .340
7. Todder .338
8. Fire .336
9. Bank .330
10. Dbacks .327
11. SC515 .325
12. S&B .323

ERA
1. Corner 3.44
2. Bank 3.58
3. Fire 3.59
4. Bosox 3.70
5. Highroller 3.70
6. Holly 3.79
7. SC515 3.91
8. Dbacks 3.91
9. Todder 4.09
10. S&B 4.42
11. HOF 4.37
12. Bshea 4.58

WHIP
1. Highroller 1.17
2. Bank 1.19
3. SC515 1.20
4. Bosox 1.21
5. Corner 1.22
6. Dbacks 1.24
7. Fire 1.25
8. Bshea 1.26
9. Holly 1.27
10. Todder 1.32
11. S&B 1.32
12. HOF 1.32

Might type up some power rankings later on tonight too to try to keep some discussion going
Old 07-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #1624
Hollywood42

Here's my power rankings at the break. Full disclaimer, I'm entirely ignoring prospect rosters for this. Only looking at ESPN teams

1. Corner (11-3)
Just a straight up good team top to bottom. Several standouts offensively, including Freeman, Harper, Marte, and Baez, some nice supporting cast starters, as well as a few pieces that could be added into the mix soon and will make a difference- Cano, Robles, and Tucker, namely. In terms of pitching, it's a great staff. There's not really anyone you'd think of as a 1A ace, but a rotation starting off with Nola, Bauer, CMart, and Skaggs is pretty good. The emergence of Bauer and Skaggs in particular has been a huge help to this team. There's a few guys that are doing better than anyone would think (Marco Gonzales and Mike Leake in particular), but this team is good with or without them.

2. SC515 (10-4)
Another lineup that's just pretty darn good. Like Corner's team, there's not many guys you would absolutely salivate over the idea of owning (other than Scherzer), but there's a lot of all around good players here. The offense is quality from nearly top to bottom, with Perez, Edwin, Dozier, Rosario, and Moustakas. The outfield is a little suspect, but Choo and Happ/Mancini is adequate given the rest of the lineup. The pitching too is pretty good. Scherzer is the ace of the team, and Patrick Corbin has been a huge find, but the team also is host to a number of solid starters, including Grienke, Bundy, Clevinger, Gausman, and a few lesser pieces. Also has a high quality trio of relievers in Diaz, Hand, and Norris. Overall there's really only 1 huge name on this squad, but there's a wealth of good, quality assets.

3. Bankdawg (8-6)
Bank sits in 6th place, but I do believe he deserves the 3 slot in my rankings. With 2 losses coming by less than a combined 30 points, the record could easily be a few steps above where it sits. I've liked this offense for a long time. Abreu, Arenado, Blackmon, Haniger, Cruz, and Shaw is a great core. From a pitching perspective, it's not quite as deep as I'd like, but there's a great start with Sale, Paxton, Folty, Heaney, and Gibson. Those last 3 names have really been key this year, as each of those players have taken huge steps forward.

4. Highroller (8-5-1)
Highroller's done a good job managing his team. It was a decent team last year, finishing 10-11, but it's looked a lot better overall this year. The offense is the big calling card here, including Votto, Scooter, Judge, Bellinger, and perhaps the biggest find of the year among any team, Aguilar. The pitching is what's holding this team back, IMO. Gerrit Cole is a great asset, but it's a little sketchy after that, relying on guys like Hellickson, Eovaldi, Cueto, and Freddy Peralta. The closers are great with Chapman, Kela, and Trenien. This is an above average team as things stand right now, but with major question marks in the starters after Cole, the upside is a bit limited for me.

5. Bosox (8-5-1)
This a team with a lot of firepower. Trout, Jose Ramirez, Soto, Kluber, and deGrom are the big names. There's a solid group of middle tier guys as well, including the likes of Simmons, Rendon, Jones, Erod, Gio, and Teheran. Unfortunately, there's too many guys that seem to be carrying to large a portion of the team. Most all of the bench bats aren't exciting, and there's a lot of pitchers that certainly can have solid outings, but are very unreliable at this point. I don't know if it would be beneficial for this team to trade a few of the high end pieces to get some more quality pieces in quantity, but it might be something worth considering.

6. Dbacks (9-5)
This is not a bad team by any means, but I think it's one that isn't as good as the record may suggest. The team has scored the 6th most points on the year, which is fine, but it's enjoyed having the fewest points scored against all year long, about 700 less points than the team that's had the most points scored against. That points to a little bit of luck, as Dbacks has had weeks scoring just 228, 245, and 270 points all end in victories. It is a decent team- Bryant is the only big name on the offense, but there are several other good parts, and the pitching boasts Miles, Morton, Lester, Arrieta, and David Price. The team should take a step forward next year as Seager returns from injury and Eloy gets a step closer to the bigs, but for now I'd label this team as decent to good, but with a good bit of luck helping out this year.

7. Hollywood (6-8)
We jump from perhaps the luckiest team in the league this year to perhaps the unluckiest. I sit in 8th place despite being 5th in points scored (only a handful of points behind 4th). A significant factor here is that I've had the most points scored against me by a wide margin. With that said, I do think I have a pretty solid team. The offense boasts Gary Sanchez, Rizzo, Machado, JD Martinez, and some nice supporting cast members like Merrifield, Andrus, Jose Martinez, and Jason Heyward, who has quietly had a pretty good year. There's some nice pieces in the rotation as well, namely Severino, Kershaw, Quintana, and Archer. Part of my problem this year is how inconsistent Quintana, Archer, and Danny Duffy have been All are quality pitchers ,but have been incredibly hit or miss from start to start. Stripling's emergence has helped counteract that, but I haven't gotten too much help from the bottom third of the rotation. So it's been a frustrating season. I think I'm significantly better than what I've shown, but here I sit.

8. Todderfield (7-7)
There's a mix of good and bad here. The goods are very good- Altuve, Posey, Story, Cain, Syndergaard, Strasburg, Bumgarner, and Keuchel. But there's not a lot of solid mid tier supporting guys, and as a result there's a forced reliance on too many guys like Reynaldo Lopez, Lance Lynn, Anderson, Zobrist, and Solarte. This isn't a bad team by any means, but just not enough quality mid tier support right now.

9. Bshea (6-8)
This one will be pretty short, because I believe I've been saying about the exact same thing since the start of the season last year. It has a really good start. Trea, Stanton, Beni, Xander, Torres, Verlander, and McCullers. There's not a ton of good quality pieces after that, but I think the biggest thing this team needs is just some more work. I think Bshea has been one of the least active members this year, both in terms of setting lineups and making moves. I don't think it would take that many significant moves to be able to push this team into the top half of the league, but that's simply not going to happen without some moves being made.

10. Firerunner (4-10)
I don't think this team is as bad as the record suggests, and brighter days are definitely ahead. There's a lot of great long term pieces here, with Acuna, Albies, Snell, Lindor, Yelich, Ozuna, Buehler, and Manaea. The bats are super close to being something I'd be fine with having that group of guys for the next 5+ years without any changes (barring injuries or other unforeseen issues). The pitching staff needs to be shored up a bit, but it's a good start for a team that was the first to embrace the rebuild last year. That has definitely worked out in Fire's favor, as I think he's well on his way to being a playoff team in as few as another 1-3 years.

11. HOF (3-11)
This is a similar story to bshea. It's not a bad team. It has Bregman, Springer, Correa, Realmuto, Segura, Berrios, and Ohtani as nice pieces. But it falls victim to the same thing, an owner that hasn't put in as much work as needs to be done to turn the team around. I think it would be difficult for HOF to turn the team into a contender without going through a rebuild first, just because there's not that many high quality young pieces, but it could be done. With some of the players that HOF has, he could get a crazy return of prospects if he did decide to sell. But that would require being more active first.

12. Silverandblack (3-11)
There's some good pieces here for sure. Betts and Robbie Ray are the two big names, but there's a decent group of mid tier guys as well, including Dee, Gatts, Gallo, Conforto, Porcello, Allen, and a few others. Unfortunately I don't really see a good way for this team to work its way up the standings before going through a rebuild. To me, there just looks like too many missing pieces at this point in time. I do seem to recall a few good pieces in the farm here, but if S&B beats some of the other teams at the bottom of the standings to being the first of the year to be a big time seller, he could get a great haul of prospects and put him well on the path to being a higher quality team.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #1625
Highroller

Bauers has to be added to my regular team now correct?
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote