Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
MikeF

Default Contacting Sketch Card Artists

Hello all,
Iím hoping I can get some help from my community here and other sketch card artists. I want to contact many artists to commission but it is really hard if not near impossible for me to find email addresses and contact information. I donít have Social media or any accounts online like Twitter or such so unless artists post their contact info, Iím not able to message a lot of artists to commission. I have quite a bit of artists info and have done many commissions with many of them but am looking to branch out with artists and I donít want to be limited just because I canít find the contact info or have social media.

Anybody who wants to send me ANY artists email info, I would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has a list of artists with emails included I would greatly appreciate it.

Iím looking for artists such as Chris Meeks, Erwin Ropa, Peejay Catacutan, Norvian Basio, Melike Acar, Fabian Quintero, Humberto Fuentes, Julius Abrera- just to name a few but seriously looking to make a personal list to contact many more if possible. Please feel free to PM me with any artists info if you are an artist or if you worked with any of these artists or just to hook me up with some email addresses of artists. Thanks for any and all help!!!
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
alexmines

PM sent (well 2 actually as missed some details on 1st message) Whoops!
alexmines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Magickyak

Some artists you can find through Patreon. I don't believe you need to be a paying member to send messages to artists through that. I've contacted artists for commissions that way before, but you won't necessarily find every artist you're looking for.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #4
merwase

Fabian is on fb and has thread in sketch artist section. Norvien is also contactable on fb via messenger.
I don't understand how people on blowout still using email, it's 2018 people get with the program
How you can even request commissions without real-time updates on messenger, I certainly wouldn't do it.
merwase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
MikeF

Once again, I DO NOT have Facebook as stated in the post, nor any kind of social media. It is a personal choice, not me not “getting with the program” Therefore I cannot contact anyone through Facebook messenger. Also I’ve had many, many successful commissions done directly through email therefore it seems like the best way for me. But thanks for your opinion Merwase
Old 04-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #6
darksparda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Once again, I DO NOT have Facebook as stated in the post, nor any kind of social media. It is a personal choice, not me not ďgetting with the programĒ Therefore I cannot contact anyone through Facebook messenger. Also Iíve had many, many successful commissions done directly through email therefore it seems like the best way for me. But thanks for your opinion Merwase

I'm sorry, but you will be missing out on some artist's by limiting your communication options. Plain and simple.
I can speak from 1st hand experience. Some artist's do not answer their emails or your mail sent can get lost/ignored amongst all the other people contacting them. I don't care for social media either, but there is no way that I'm going to let that affect my chances of getting commissions from the artists I like.
darksparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:17 AM   #7
SrsBsns

While not a fan of Facebook either I've found it the best way to get in contact with artists. Recently I commissioned Mary Bellamy twice. She responds to messages quickly. Turnarounds time was also great
SrsBsns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #8
jjsmallvillelvr

I gotta say, you really should just make a Facebook for sketch cards only if you don't want a personal page. almost every artist if not all the artists on your list can be contacted there. its always the best for communication for sure. Twitter is hard, DA is hard, and even email is hard, and that's if they even have an email they communicate thru for commissions. almost every artist I've tried to find is on Facebook and will talk with you in real time or very quickly via the messaging system. you don't have to put any personal info on the Facebook page. Most people probably won't have emails to give you either because they contact them this way as well.

otherwise, Google and try to find personal web pages that may include emails. however, with social media, most of the personal websites I find are outdated and I frequently don't even get responses to the emails sent to the provided addresses.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
JRCrosby

Facebook really is the easiest way to contact me too. I have a personal website which is dated but I'm updating now. Like mentioned above, just make a Facebook page dedicated to your sketch card pursuit.

If you haven't already, look through BO's artist directory as there's tons here.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #10
MikeF

I’m really just looking for email addresses and any artists who’d like to contact me or if anyone has contact info for any artists. Thanks
Old 04-15-2018, 05:20 PM   #11
rittdk01

I have many comic book artists that I commissioned through their official sites. Most that were interested had a link for commissions. These were larger drawings of characters they had done for comic books.
rittdk01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:25 PM   #12
tacoma34

Chris meeks is on eBay under meekssandygirl, try messaging him on there. He sells his AP's at auction pretty often.

For the other artists, I recognize most from Perna releases, so you could go onto Deviantart and look at the "artist showcase" on Perna studios. I'm pretty sure they include contact info in the description below the pic.

Last edited by blowoutcards4; 04-16-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: edited.
tacoma34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
kerg

I'd pass on contacting artists on Ebay. With Ebay's rules on sales outside of Ebay, they are really cracking down so, any messaging of how to get their email address or how to do a commission might be flagged and get the artist flagged if they respond.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #14
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Once again, I DO NOT have Facebook as stated in the post, nor any kind of social media. It is a personal choice, not me not ďgetting with the programĒ Therefore I cannot contact anyone through Facebook messenger. Also Iíve had many, many successful commissions done directly through email therefore it seems like the best way for me. But thanks for your opinion Merwase
Personally I don't feel comfortable giving out somebody's personal information, and I'd hope nobody would give out mine.

Not sure how you justify your membership here as "not social media"...

If you don't like what somebody has to say, take the high road and ignore them. Being hostile isn't going to win you favor with other members that might have been willing to help you.

I don't use Facebook either. Many artists have something beyond Facebook if you simply Google them. A blog or an Etsy store or something else that gets you a way to ditect message them.

For artists that do work on small press releases (5finity, Perna Studios, BadAxe, etc...), you can ask that company to forward an email on your behalf. I've had a lot of success getting in touch with artists this way. Those publishers want to help the artists get commissions, and they arent giving out any personal information that way.

Good luck
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #15
Spider-Fan

And FYI, Meeks and Quintero can be contact through this site.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1188611

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=503981
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:34 AM   #16
Fenian95

Pinned in the Sketch Card subsection

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=626142

A list of some of the artists who are BO members. All should be reachable via PM on this site.

Hope this helps!
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
jilani87

jilani87@gmail.com if you dont do social media.
jilani87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:54 AM   #18
stoffel79

anyone have any contact info for Will White?
stoffel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #19
jjsmallvillelvr

they haven't really been doing many redemptions. all limited cards they've been making regular sized and I think the redemptions have only been full wardrobes and props.

And to put in oversized sketches in the box, they'd have to put something that size in every box to conceal which boxes had them. kinda like the DC boxtoppers in supervillains and JLA, but they'd probably need special permission to distribute blanks like that.

obviously they didn't need it. they are sold out.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #20
Fspook00

Go to my Instagram page. All the artist i’ve worked with so far have been awsome. Their contact info is on their individual unboxing video.

@sketchcardhive | Instagram
Sketch Card Hive | YouTube
Fspook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
Mephisto

I have to agree with everyone here. Things like Facebook are a great way to get a hold of artists. Due to some of my past jobs I have deactivated my account a few times over the years and mostly have it active as a way to contact artists. The main reason I even have accounts on things such as Twitter or Tumblr is to be able to contact artists. I have even used the white pages before and sent actual snail mail with my email address included which has been successful as well.
Mephisto is offline   Reply With Quote