2018 mem day coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #151
BHotz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I thought he posted the 5x7 sketches would be a standard size card stock, so they will probably fit into 5x7 toploaders
Yeah they should. I used to store my oversize APs and 5x7s in BCW toploaders... use frames and custom cases now.

Also the folded sketches of MP12 folded back up so many sellers would ship them in a normal sized thick toploader. But MP14 folded sketches did not... the handful of those I bought off eBay where shipped carefully packed between thick cardboard.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #152
Zuelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
No Red 1/1 ?
It seems there won't be red 1/1... The rarest parallel will be gold foil /10, and black foil/5.
Zuelos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #153
Zuelos

Ehhhmmm... Any idea about the odds between dual/triple/quad/5x7 in each case? I think in 2014 it maybe was double x3, triple x2, quad x1 in each case?
Zuelos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #154
Sharard

hoping one each with prolly a repeat on the double. Just hope the quality keeps up with the cost.

Just hope this release people like and want singles and the sktches
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #155
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuelos View Post
It seems there won't be red 1/1... The rarest parallel will be gold foil /10, and black foil/5.
It upsets me deeply when these companies change up the parallels for subsequent releases of the same product line. They lose a little bit of what shouldmtie them together. It annoyed me about the various PMGs also.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #156
finfangfan

Quote:
It upsets me deeply when these companies change up the parallels for subsequent releases of the same product line. They lose a little bit of what shouldmtie them together. It annoyed me about the various PMGs also.
Although I did end up getting the 1/1 red Rocket Raccoon from MP 2014, I am glad MP 2017 is going for 1/5 as the rarest base parallel. It gives more people a chance to rainbow characters and increases the overall collectibility of the set imo.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #157
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Although I did end up getting the 1/1 red Rocket Raccoon from MP 2014, I am glad MP 2017 is going for 1/5 as the rarest base parallel. It gives more people a chance to rainbow characters and increases the overall collectibility of the set imo.
I like it too. Never was a big fan of a 1/1 base card, or any card for that matter outside of superfractors. Why chase a rainbow if you know you have next to no shot at the 1/1?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #158
DarthRogahn

I see both sides of this one.
the 1/1 is a fun chase and also remains consistent with previous releases.
As a fan of certain characters /5 is great to give more people rainbow chances
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #159
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
I see both sides of this one.
the 1/1 is a fun chase and also remains consistent with previous releases.
As a fan of certain characters /5 is great to give more people rainbow chances
Consistent with 2014 ONLY.

2012 did not have any numbered parallels - just base /199 and sketch.

2014 had the gold and red numbered parallels, in addition to base and sketch.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #160
DarthRogahn

ahhh good catch, 2012 was before my time
Old 07-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #161
WOLFMOON1970

I still have this AWESOME "hinged" Ghost Rider sketch from the 2012 set! No signature or initials on the card anywhere and I have tried to figure out who did it for 5 years now! Let's hope in the new 2017 set, the artists actually signed the cards! (And let's hope it comes out next week and not on October 31st...that is a LONG ways away!)

Old 07-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #162
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Consistent with 2014 ONLY.

2012 did not have any numbered parallels - just base /199 and sketch.

2014 had the gold and red numbered parallels, in addition to base and sketch.
I can see both sides of the argument. I know that giddy feeling I get when I open a pack and there is that big foil stamp that says 1/1. But we need to keep products fresh every time it releases. There are a lot of products (sports as well as non-sports) that have reoccurring yearly releases that are on theme with previous years, but are tweaked in some small way. Maybe there is now a new insert? Possibly slightly altered ratios? Or even a new gimmick associated with the product? Adding these slight alterations can help keep things feeling new. The best analogy I can think of is sports video games. Every year there is a new Football game that comes out, and they always change something up in order to make it different from the previous years. It might be a minor change, but it is something that was not there from last years release.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #163
Jakecg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMOON1970 View Post
I still have this AWESOME "hinged" Ghost Rider sketch from the 2012 set! No signature or initials on the card anywhere and I have tried to figure out who did it for 5 years now! Let's hope in the new 2017 set, the artists actually signed the cards! (And let's hope it comes out next week and not on October 31st...that is a LONG ways away!)

Looks like it could maybe be Alex Magno to me, but usually he always signs his cards so that is tough.
Jakecg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #164
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
I can see both sides of the argument. I know that giddy feeling I get when I open a pack and there is that big foil stamp that says 1/1. But we need to keep products fresh every time it releases. There are a lot of products (sports as well as non-sports) that have reoccurring yearly releases that are on theme with previous years, but are tweaked in some small way. Maybe there is now a new insert? Possibly slightly altered ratios? Or even a new gimmick associated with the product? Adding these slight alterations can help keep things feeling new. The best analogy I can think of is sports video games. Every year there is a new Football game that comes out, and they always change something up in order to make it different from the previous years. It might be a minor change, but it is something that was not there from last years release.
I think the all new artwork and variety of different insert sets is plenty, personally. The different parallels just take away from that feeling that one set is related to the next. That is just my opinion.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #165
Carrbeaz

I just heard that some of the larger breakers in the industry got cut to ZERO on this...

Old 07-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #166
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I just heard that some of the larger breakers in the industry got cut to ZERO on this...

My guess is that ePack participation will skyrocket for this set. UD's longterm plan is probably to phase out bricks and mortar altogether (outside of cheap base sets they can sell through big box retailers like Walmart and Target). The writing is on the wall.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #167
baseballbunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post

Heard the same. Allocations were based on non-sport UD purchases this year apparently, which if some people skipped all of them and then tried to load up on Premier, rightfully get 0. I bought multiple cases of Fleer Ultra Spider-Man and got basically my full order on Premier.
baseballbunez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #168
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbunez View Post
Heard the same. Allocations were based on non-sport UD purchases this year apparently, which if some people skipped all of them and then tried to load up on Premier, rightfully get 0. I bought multiple cases of Fleer Ultra Spider-Man and got basically my full order on Premier.
That makes sense. It prevents sellers from cherry picking the known homeruns and rewards those who support all nonsports products that UD cranks out (even the stinkers).
Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #169
Cavaliercards

Our allocations were cut 80% even after we bought a lot of UD Non-Sports knowing we would need to for this.

Always two years from now.

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #170
DarthRogahn

Agree that epack participation will be sky high.
I do not see this lasting long at all on epack.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #171
Sharard

well I paid for my few cases I'm getting. Not cheap but not 289 box either. But not my usual wiggle room and this is going to be a slow and steady selling.

Be interesting to see what having a limited release to start then more appears in 2 months.

But I am nervous and hoping Upper deck matt will clarify that e pack release will not be at the same time.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #172
insanepjc

In my case: ordered 1.5 cases of Spider-Man -> ordered 2 cases of Premier = allocated 1 case... but I'm ok with any
insanepjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #173
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
well I paid for my few cases I'm getting. Not cheap but not 289 box either. But not my usual wiggle room and this is going to be a slow and steady selling.

Be interesting to see what having a limited release to start then more appears in 2 months.

But I am nervous and hoping Upper deck matt will clarify that e pack release will not be at the same time.
They've already announced Fleer Spidey epack for next week, so I highly doubt MP2017 will also hit on epack next week. Its epack release will likely lag 2-3 months like GotG and Spidey.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #174
Sharard

I'm just glad Spider-Man Homecoming was pushed back, I was really sweating with these 2 so close together when we had to order.

Now really looking forward to next week.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #175
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I'm just glad Spider-Man Homecoming was pushed back, I was really sweating with these 2 so close together when we had to order.

Now really looking forward to next week.
It will be fun to see all the MP breaks. I got a kick out of seeing all of the great MP 2014 stuff. Hard to believe there was such a long gap in-between MP releases. They should really work on making it an annual set. The popularity is there, for sure.