Blowout Cards Forums
2018 mem day coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #151
BHotz
Member
 
BHotz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I thought he posted the 5x7 sketches would be a standard size card stock, so they will probably fit into 5x7 toploaders
Yeah they should. I used to store my oversize APs and 5x7s in BCW toploaders... use frames and custom cases now.

Also the folded sketches of MP12 folded back up so many sellers would ship them in a normal sized thick toploader. But MP14 folded sketches did not... the handful of those I bought off eBay where shipped carefully packed between thick cardboard.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #152
Zuelos
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
No Red 1/1 ?
It seems there won't be red 1/1... The rarest parallel will be gold foil /10, and black foil/5.
Zuelos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #153
Zuelos
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 56
Default

Ehhhmmm... Any idea about the odds between dual/triple/quad/5x7 in each case? I think in 2014 it maybe was double x3, triple x2, quad x1 in each case?
Zuelos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #154
Sharard
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,029
Default

hoping one each with prolly a repeat on the double. Just hope the quality keeps up with the cost.

Just hope this release people like and want singles and the sktches
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #155
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuelos View Post
It seems there won't be red 1/1... The rarest parallel will be gold foil /10, and black foil/5.
It upsets me deeply when these companies change up the parallels for subsequent releases of the same product line. They lose a little bit of what shouldmtie them together. It annoyed me about the various PMGs also.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #156
finfangfan
Member
 
finfangfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
It upsets me deeply when these companies change up the parallels for subsequent releases of the same product line. They lose a little bit of what shouldmtie them together. It annoyed me about the various PMGs also.
Although I did end up getting the 1/1 red Rocket Raccoon from MP 2014, I am glad MP 2017 is going for 1/5 as the rarest base parallel. It gives more people a chance to rainbow characters and increases the overall collectibility of the set imo.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #157
Brobocop
Member
 
Brobocop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
Although I did end up getting the 1/1 red Rocket Raccoon from MP 2014, I am glad MP 2017 is going for 1/5 as the rarest base parallel. It gives more people a chance to rainbow characters and increases the overall collectibility of the set imo.
I like it too. Never was a big fan of a 1/1 base card, or any card for that matter outside of superfractors. Why chase a rainbow if you know you have next to no shot at the 1/1?
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #158
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,107
Default

I see both sides of this one.
the 1/1 is a fun chase and also remains consistent with previous releases.
As a fan of certain characters /5 is great to give more people rainbow chances
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #159
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
I see both sides of this one.
the 1/1 is a fun chase and also remains consistent with previous releases.
As a fan of certain characters /5 is great to give more people rainbow chances
Consistent with 2014 ONLY.

2012 did not have any numbered parallels - just base /199 and sketch.

2014 had the gold and red numbered parallels, in addition to base and sketch.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #160
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,107
Default

ahhh good catch, 2012 was before my time
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:43 AM   #161
WOLFMOON1970
Member
 
WOLFMOON1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NH USA
Posts: 852
Default

I still have this AWESOME "hinged" Ghost Rider sketch from the 2012 set! No signature or initials on the card anywhere and I have tried to figure out who did it for 5 years now! Let's hope in the new 2017 set, the artists actually signed the cards! (And let's hope it comes out next week and not on October 31st...that is a LONG ways away!)

__________________
Sketch Collectors: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=610
WOLFMOON1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #162
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck
 
UpperDeckMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Consistent with 2014 ONLY.

2012 did not have any numbered parallels - just base /199 and sketch.

2014 had the gold and red numbered parallels, in addition to base and sketch.
I can see both sides of the argument. I know that giddy feeling I get when I open a pack and there is that big foil stamp that says 1/1. But we need to keep products fresh every time it releases. There are a lot of products (sports as well as non-sports) that have reoccurring yearly releases that are on theme with previous years, but are tweaked in some small way. Maybe there is now a new insert? Possibly slightly altered ratios? Or even a new gimmick associated with the product? Adding these slight alterations can help keep things feeling new. The best analogy I can think of is sports video games. Every year there is a new Football game that comes out, and they always change something up in order to make it different from the previous years. It might be a minor change, but it is something that was not there from last years release.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #163
Jakecg11
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMOON1970 View Post
I still have this AWESOME "hinged" Ghost Rider sketch from the 2012 set! No signature or initials on the card anywhere and I have tried to figure out who did it for 5 years now! Let's hope in the new 2017 set, the artists actually signed the cards! (And let's hope it comes out next week and not on October 31st...that is a LONG ways away!)

Looks like it could maybe be Alex Magno to me, but usually he always signs his cards so that is tough.
Jakecg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #164
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
I can see both sides of the argument. I know that giddy feeling I get when I open a pack and there is that big foil stamp that says 1/1. But we need to keep products fresh every time it releases. There are a lot of products (sports as well as non-sports) that have reoccurring yearly releases that are on theme with previous years, but are tweaked in some small way. Maybe there is now a new insert? Possibly slightly altered ratios? Or even a new gimmick associated with the product? Adding these slight alterations can help keep things feeling new. The best analogy I can think of is sports video games. Every year there is a new Football game that comes out, and they always change something up in order to make it different from the previous years. It might be a minor change, but it is something that was not there from last years release.
I think the all new artwork and variety of different insert sets is plenty, personally. The different parallels just take away from that feeling that one set is related to the next. That is just my opinion.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #165
Carrbeaz
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,833
Default

I just heard that some of the larger breakers in the industry got cut to ZERO on this...

__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #166
finfangfan
Member
 
finfangfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I just heard that some of the larger breakers in the industry got cut to ZERO on this...

My guess is that ePack participation will skyrocket for this set. UD's longterm plan is probably to phase out bricks and mortar altogether (outside of cheap base sets they can sell through big box retailers like Walmart and Target). The writing is on the wall.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #167
baseballbunez
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I just heard that some of the larger breakers in the industry got cut to ZERO on this...

Heard the same. Allocations were based on non-sport UD purchases this year apparently, which if some people skipped all of them and then tried to load up on Premier, rightfully get 0. I bought multiple cases of Fleer Ultra Spider-Man and got basically my full order on Premier.
baseballbunez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #168
finfangfan
Member
 
finfangfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbunez View Post
Heard the same. Allocations were based on non-sport UD purchases this year apparently, which if some people skipped all of them and then tried to load up on Premier, rightfully get 0. I bought multiple cases of Fleer Ultra Spider-Man and got basically my full order on Premier.
That makes sense. It prevents sellers from cherry picking the known homeruns and rewards those who support all nonsports products that UD cranks out (even the stinkers).
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #169
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 17,150
Default

Our allocations were cut 80% even after we bought a lot of UD Non-Sports knowing we would need to for this.

Always two years from now.
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #170
DarthRogahn
Member
 
DarthRogahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,107
Default

Agree that epack participation will be sky high.
I do not see this lasting long at all on epack.
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #171
Sharard
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,029
Default

well I paid for my few cases I'm getting. Not cheap but not 289 box either. But not my usual wiggle room and this is going to be a slow and steady selling.

Be interesting to see what having a limited release to start then more appears in 2 months.

But I am nervous and hoping Upper deck matt will clarify that e pack release will not be at the same time.
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #172
insanepjc
Member
 
insanepjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

In my case: ordered 1.5 cases of Spider-Man -> ordered 2 cases of Premier = allocated 1 case... but I'm ok with any
insanepjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #173
finfangfan
Member
 
finfangfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
well I paid for my few cases I'm getting. Not cheap but not 289 box either. But not my usual wiggle room and this is going to be a slow and steady selling.

Be interesting to see what having a limited release to start then more appears in 2 months.

But I am nervous and hoping Upper deck matt will clarify that e pack release will not be at the same time.
They've already announced Fleer Spidey epack for next week, so I highly doubt MP2017 will also hit on epack next week. Its epack release will likely lag 2-3 months like GotG and Spidey.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #174
Sharard
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,029
Default

I'm just glad Spider-Man Homecoming was pushed back, I was really sweating with these 2 so close together when we had to order.

Now really looking forward to next week.
Sharard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #175
finfangfan
Member
 
finfangfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I'm just glad Spider-Man Homecoming was pushed back, I was really sweating with these 2 so close together when we had to order.

Now really looking forward to next week.
It will be fun to see all the MP breaks. I got a kick out of seeing all of the great MP 2014 stuff. Hard to believe there was such a long gap in-between MP releases. They should really work on making it an annual set. The popularity is there, for sure.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.