Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #101
finfangfan

Natasa Kourti posted her cards on FB:

finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #102
Carrbeaz

I really love a lot of sketches in this product.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #103
Fspook00

I love the way the sketch cards are formatted. Very cool.

This artist is bad ass too.

@sketchcardhive | Instagram
Sketch Card Hive | YouTube
Fspook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #104
gdelan1

Those look great

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:53 PM   #105
Cecyrob17

Any news on more actors who signed for the set?
Cecyrob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:24 AM   #106
Portlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecyrob17 View Post
Any news on more actors who signed for the set?
I haven't heard anything announced yet but it's a week till release so hopefully Matt can give a little more info. I can't imagine contracts are still being negotiated this close to release
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #107
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I haven't heard anything announced yet but it's a week till release so hopefully Matt can give a little more info. I can't imagine contracts are still being negotiated this close to release
They never give us info on a full signing list until the very last minute... it's like they have something to hide..
Old 12-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #108
marvelfan2019

I really wish we could get a checklist for this.

Why does it have to be so secretive this close to release?

My guess is the autograph signers won't be that great since UD is not pumping out news about the product.
marvelfan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:48 PM   #109
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfan2019 View Post
I really wish we could get a checklist for this.

Why does it have to be so secretive this close to release?

My guess is the autograph signers won't be that great since UD is not pumping out news about the product.
The lack of a sell sheet featuring any autograph cards is disappointing.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #110
Xazark

Are we actually sure there will be autographs in this set I haven't seen anything saying there will be... Haven't looked that hard tho..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Xazark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #111
Scifi Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
Are we actually sure there will be autographs in this set I haven't seen anything saying there will be... Haven't looked that hard tho..
Yeah, they're mentioned in the solicitation:

Quote:
2017 MARVEL THOR RAGNAROK MOVIE TRADING CARDS BOX HITS:
(3) Hits (Sketch, Memorabilia, Actor Autograph, Dyson Rip Card)
2017 MARVEL THOR RAGNAROK MOVIE TRADING CARDS PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
(3) Hits (Sketch, Memorabilia, Actor Autograph, Dyson Rip Card) in Every Box!
 Sketch Cards - Unique 1-of-1 original hand drawn sketch card from top artists!
 Memorabilia Cards - Authentic material used in production of the movie! At least (1) in Every Box!
 Single & Dual Actor Autographs - Standard auto cards as well as unique and thematic Grandmaster's Prized Possessions Actor Autos, with strands of chain embedded in the cards!
 NEW! - Dyson Rip Cards - Break open these cards (some SP #'d to 15, some SSP #'d to 5) to reveal a mini card inside! Along with regular mini cards, find comic creator and actor autographs! (1) Dyson Rip Card in Every Box! (on average)
Three Different Insert Sets - Showcasing behind the scenes imagery, and key characters in the movie!
50-Card Base Set - Featuring authentic movie stills, with two different LTFX foil parallels to collect - one numbered to 199!
Ed
Old 12-29-2017, 04:35 AM   #112
Portlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
A member on here mentioned a few pages back that Hemsworth, Waititi and Thompson were confirmed but I personally haven't seen any confirmation from UD on any signer yet.

The insert rate of the autos will be important to know too, at a cheaper price point than Spiderman I can't imagine we'll be getting an auto per box like that release but I'll remain hopeful for now
Old 12-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #113
Rictor

It will probably be like Guardians and Doctor Strange, where you get 2 costume cards per box and an auto maybe 1 or 2 per case. Sketch maybe 1 per case. Those dyson cards 1 per box.
Rictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:43 PM   #114
floridavet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
It will probably be like Guardians and Doctor Strange, where you get 2 costume cards per box and an auto maybe 1 or 2 per case. Sketch maybe 1 per case. Those dyson cards 1 per box.
Terrible odds and released well after the movie hype. Sounds like a winning business model.
floridavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #115
Carrbeaz

This releases in 3 days and still no checklist
Old 01-03-2018, 04:41 AM   #116
Portlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
This releases in 3 days and still no checklist
It's real frustrating that we have near zero info and the product releases tomorrow. Not even an image of the auto or memorabilia cards has been shown yet. Looks like we'll have to wait for ebay listing to see what's available
Old 01-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #117
Stat Monsters

Quote:
It's real frustrating that we have near zero info and the product releases tomorrow. Not even an image of the auto or memorabilia cards has been shown yet. Looks like we'll have to wait for ebay listing to see what's available
I think it's now because the trading card market is more sophisticated where the card companies market to overgrown children so to speak, the collectors who are basically men aged 32-54+

No longer are cards collected by the original demographic of children 16 and under. In part, they can't afford the new generation of marketing chase cards and the idea of flipping and investing.

Back in the days, the timing of a movie's release with their cross promotions was crucial and cards came out when the movie was released and hot.

Now, not so much, and it's not as important, as proof to that, the fact that people still buy this expensive product with the autographs, sketch cards and memorabilia n' chase cards.

It's unfortunate 'tho, it would be nice to see the kids back into the hobby. It's the "nostalgia" aspect of former kids who once collected that either had their stuff thrown out or couldn't afford everything, who come back to the hobby with money as older young adults to relive their memories.

I agree 'tho, it's pretty lame for a release not to have any information to bait buyers to pre-order.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #118
Portlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
I think it's now because the trading card market is more sophisticated where the card companies market to overgrown children so to speak, the collectors who are basically men aged 32-54+

No longer are cards collected by the original demographic of children 16 and under. In part, they can't afford the new generation of marketing chase cards and the idea of flipping and investing.

Back in the days, the timing of a movie's release with their cross promotions was crucial and cards came out when the movie was released and hot.

Now, not so much, and it's not as important, as proof to that, the fact that people still buy this expensive product with the autographs, sketch cards and memorabilia n' chase cards.

It's unfortunate 'tho, it would be nice to see the kids back into the hobby. It's the "nostalgia" aspect of former kids who once collected that either had their stuff thrown out or couldn't afford everything, who come back to the hobby with money as older young adults to relive their memories.

I agree 'tho, it's pretty lame for a release not to have any information to bait buyers to pre-order.
I do agree that a lot of collectors do come back for the nostalgia of collecting as a kid but there are plenty of card products out there marketed for kids.

The reason UD can't sell marvel related epacks to Europe for example is because over here Panini have the license for marvel cards. All marvel soccer Disney etc made by panini and Topps in Europe are directed at kids and the playing against your friends and trading aspect. So there are definitely still kids being targeted just maybe not in the US anymore.

My issue just lies with giving zero info the day before a release, they must know the set exactly at this stage and still withhold info for reasons that I don't understand, maybe there is good reason for not saying but at the end of the day we still buy and they still do the same so I guess some things will never change

Last edited by Portlaw; 01-03-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #119
Cecyrob17

The only way we can make a change is to not pre order sets like this and buy it day it comes out where they can see that we are tired of not having information. And show them we will not spend our money on a mystery product anymore to the day it's released
Cecyrob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #120
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

So for Thor, the signer list will consist of Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Rachel House, and Taika Waititi. While I will be the first person to admit that it is not the largest list, there is other chase elements in the box that make it worth the time and energy. I will see about getting the checklist posted ASAP. Not sure where the disconnect was, but I'm sure my absence from the office over the holiday didn't help anything, and for that I apologize.

Last edited by UpperDeckMatt; 01-03-2018 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #121
Portlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

So for Thor, the signer list will consist of Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson, Rachel House, and Taika Waititi. While I will be the first person to admit that it is not the largest list, there is other chase elements in the box that make it worth the time and energy. I will see about getting the checklist posted ASAP. Not sure where the disconnect was, but I'm sure my absence from the office over the holiday didn't help anything, and for that I apologize.
Thanks for the update Matt, appreciate the info on the signers.

Do you by any chance happen to know the insert ratio for the autos?
Old 01-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #122
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Thanks for the update Matt, appreciate the info on the signers.

Do you by any chance happen to know the insert ratio for the autos?
That is going to come with the checklist, which I am currently having discussions with people to find out where it is. Stay tuned...
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #123
Carrbeaz

I had a customer who really wanted a case of this so I ordered it for him. I am just praying it's good for him. It will arrive tomorrow so I will be able to give some details then.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #124
kerg

I really don't understand how we only get Marvel Movie products that only have 4 autos in them.

Just odd.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #125
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerg View Post
I really don't understand how we only get Marvel Movie products that only have 4 autos in them.

Just odd.
Wait, it's only 4 autos total? I thought they were just mentioning some of the main ones..