Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #26
Plinth

It looks like there is going to be a 12 card promo set sold in 2-card packs at Dennyís. There should be an announcement later today about how this is going to work.

(Source: Twitter)

Last edited by Plinth; 04-02-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #27
jason00

I prefer them selling the packs like this instead of giving away one pack with every meal like they did with The Hobbit since a) I hate their food and b) this should be way cheaper if you actually want to complete the set.
jason00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #28
moistpaper

Is that trooper wearing fur ?! Haha!
moistpaper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #29
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason00 View Post
I prefer them selling the packs like this instead of giving away one pack with every meal like they did with The Hobbit since a) I hate their food and b) this should be way cheaper if you actually want to complete the set.
Unfortunately, for those who loathe Denny's, the top of the small print at the bottom indicates that a food or beverage purchase is required to buy packs, limit 4 packs, per person, per visit. If they are sticklers for that, I suppose you could just get an orange juice or something like that.
It is nice to see more than half of the money goes to charity, $1.75 per pack, with a guaranteed minimum donation of 1 million dollars.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #30
PoPCulture

Iím glad itís 4 per person and not per table. I will need to go a good bit out of my way for these so having my family of 6 able to buy 4 each I think odds of getting a set in one visit would be good (or I could end up with 6 copies each of 2 different cards).
Old 04-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #31
jdandns

Yeah, it'd probably be best to buy 4 packs for one member of the party to start, and make sure the collation is halfway decent within the pile your local restaurant has before ponying up for the rest. On the other hand, if the cards they hold multiple dupes of, should that be the case, are of Emilia Clarke, it might be a good idea to buy them all anyway. She'd be great for trades, I think.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #32
Scottish Punk

Might be the first time I eat at Denny's in like 10 years.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #33
ForceChange77

There are foils inserted in packs at 1:100.
ForceChange77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
ddearing

Do we think it's just a matter of time before enough Denny's servers steal enough cases of these for the prices to be cheaper on eBay than at Denny's. (See Winn Dixie Star Wars Pods packs for reference)?

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #35
BlowoutBuzz

You can see all of the Solo Denny's cards here >>> BlowoutBuzz.com

BlowoutBuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #36
Vargaman

Can someone who actually buys these confirm if these are clear wrappers where you can see the cards thru them, or if they are "set" configurations (i.e. 4 packs of 3 cards but those 3 are always the same for that pack).

It'd be nice if you could look at the top card of each pack and know which 4 you need to buy. However, if there's foil cards that may mean packs are completely random.

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #37
Plinth

Packs have shown up on eBay, and they are opaque metallic wrappers. It's a blind purchase.
Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #38
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinth View Post
Packs have shown up on eBay, and they are opaque metallic wrappers. It's a blind purchase.
Dang. I mean, hopefully it wouldn't take more than 10 packs to get all 12 or perhaps an employee has a stash to trade against. I think that's what they used to do when I was a kid and they had cool 3D baseball cards at Denny's. Or perhaps they're still same configurations but hidden so people can find the foils easily.

I searched on ebay and didn't see any packs. Must've used the wrong keywords to find them.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #39
jdandns

These will definitely be "back-doored" by certain Denny's employees. It happened with the Upper Deck and Pinnacle Grand Slam baseball hologram packs in the 1990's and then more recently with the Hobbit movie card packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Can someone who actually buys these confirm if these are clear wrappers where you can see the cards thru them, or if they are "set" configurations (i.e. 4 packs of 3 cards but those 3 are always the same for that pack).
I thinks it's just 2 cards and one Denny's coupon per pack, so that'd mean at least 6 packs with perfect luck.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #40
Vargaman

What's the over/under on these same design cards (minus any Denny's references) being in the Solo set? A generic character card like this has been in TFA, R1 and TLJ. Maybe one or two aliens won't show up again, but nothing looks unique here.

Also, whatever happened to Star Wars happy meal toys? Episode 1 had a TON of cross promotion and McDonalds had some clone wars stuff, but I feel like I haven't seen anything lately.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #41
pjs2000

These cards some in silver wrappers, much like the ones you see in the blaster boxes for the hit/medallion cards. I bought 6 packs at my local Denny's (for $18) and am only missing 2 of the 12 cards. Siler foil parallels are 1:100.
pjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #42
PoPCulture

Quote:
Also, whatever happened to Star Wars happy meal toys? Episode 1 had a TON of cross promotion and McDonalds had some clone wars stuff, but I feel like I haven't seen anything lately.
Sadly, Subway took over the license beginning with TFA. While I prefer to eat at Subway over Burger King, BK definitely had better premiums. Subway seems to put more focus on healthy food than cool toys. Boo!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #43
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
Sadly, Subway took over the license beginning with TFA. While I prefer to eat at Subway over Burger King, BK definitely had better premiums. Subway seems to put more focus on healthy food than cool toys. Boo!
Oh yeah they had those stupid bags haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Old 04-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #44
Dewman

Nothing beats Burger King's OT set of 4 glasses from each movie.
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #45
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
Nothing beats Burger King's OT set of 4 glasses from each movie.
Agreed. I have great memories of standing at the counter as an 8 year old each week in anticipation of receiving the next glass in the series. Still have my original set along with 14 other sets Iíve hoarded over the years. Yes, I have issues...
Old 04-03-2018, 08:48 PM   #46
jdandns

The Star Wars cards from Wonder Bread in 1977 were almost mythical things to us, and not because they were hard to find, but rather because Wonder Bread was expensive for the time, around a dollar a loaf I think it was when regular bread was, like, 39 cents. Alas, we weren't a Wonder Bread family.
I treasured the couple I had, but we knew there were more due to the cards being numbered, and had no chance at getting them.
I'm not totally sure when I finally saw them all, maybe at a card show in the early 90's, but about 20 years ago, I bought a set that had never been packed in with the bread for about $10, and some of these appear flawless to me.
Couldn't have picked up a whole set that cheap even in 1977.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:09 AM   #47
HiltonL

Quote:
Oh yeah they had those stupid bags haha
Not only that, but also the set of six Galactic Connexions discs. I haven't seen any SW loot in a Subway in a LONG time
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:53 AM   #48
GFD18

Quote:

It'd be nice if you could look at the top card of each pack and know which 4 you need to buy. However, if there's foil cards that may mean packs are completely random.
As someone else already said, the packs are not clear. BUT, I can confirm that the configurations are static, as in they dont change.
If you pull Chewbacca, you also get Qi'ra
Mudtrooper and Argus Panox
Moloch and Han Solo
L3-37 and Lando
Val and Therm Scissorpunch
Enfys Nest and Range Trooper

There are FOIL card inserted at a rate of 1:100 packs. A downside to that, is that the foil card will break your complete set. Like if you pull opened 6 packs with perfect collation and happened to get a foil Chewbacca, it replaces the regular Chewbacca you might have wanted for your basic set.

I just opened 16 packs. I really wanted a foil. Nada. Oh well.
GFD18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 AM   #49
Archifou

Can't wait to see more cards in this set.

Last edited by Archifou; 04-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Archifou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #50
pjs2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
As someone else already said, the packs are not clear. BUT, I can confirm that the configurations are static, as in they dont change.
If you pull Chewbacca, you also get Qi'ra
Mudtrooper and Argus Panox
Moloch and Han Solo
L3-37 and Lando
Val and Therm Scissorpunch
Enfys Nest and Range Trooper

There are FOIL card inserted at a rate of 1:100 packs. A downside to that, is that the foil card will break your complete set. Like if you pull opened 6 packs with perfect collation and happened to get a foil Chewbacca, it replaces the regular Chewbacca you might have wanted for your basic set.

I just opened 16 packs. I really wanted a foil. Nada. Oh well.
Not true with your static pack predictions....
pjs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote