Blowout Cards Forums
2018 tops chrome

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #51
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
Not true with your static pack predictions....
Well...what were your findings? Did you have one pack off from his results or multiple things to prove it different?
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #52
pjs2000
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Well...what were your findings? Did you have one pack off from his results or multiple things to prove it different?
My packs were different...will post results once I get home...
pjs2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #53
ForceChange77
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 987
Default

My packs were the same as Vargas.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #54
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
My packs were the same as Vargas.
Those were from GFD, I haven't picked any up yet.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #55
GFD18
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
Not true with your static pack predictions....
I guess it doesn't really matter, but they still do seem static to a point. The configurations appear to change from location to location.

The Dennys where I got 16 packs from all had the configuration I posted. I went back today and got 23 more packs with all the same configuration.

However, from 2 other locations and 12 additional packs I got the following configurations:
Chewbacca and Argus
Lando and Moloch
Han Solo and Mudtrooper
Therm and L3-37
Val and Range Trooper

Still NO FOIL! Ughh. I know the odds are 1:100, but I've opened 51 packs by now
GFD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #56
jason00
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 76
Default

Picked up 8 packs tonight and the pairings didn't match for any single pack. I ended up with 10 of the 12, 6 duplicates, no foil.

I need Qi'ra and Enfys Nest if anyone wants to trade. I have extras of Moloch, Han, Lando, L3-37, Mudtrooper, and Six Eyes.
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #57
jdandns
Member
 
jdandns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California, where begins the shining sea.
Posts: 6,448
Default

Anybody got a birthday coming up? Denny's usually offers you a free Grand Slam breakfast on your birthday. Leaves more money for packs, plus, happy birthday!
__________________
Stay classy, Oklahoma...
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #58
pjs2000
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
I guess it doesn't really matter, but they still do seem static to a point. The configurations appear to change from location to location.

The Dennys where I got 16 packs from all had the configuration I posted. I went back today and got 23 more packs with all the same configuration.

However, from 2 other locations and 12 additional packs I got the following configurations:
Chewbacca and Argus
Lando and Moloch
Han Solo and Mudtrooper
Therm and L3-37
Val and Range Trooper

Still NO FOIL! Ughh. I know the odds are 1:100, but I've opened 51 packs by now
I had 2 packs with Therm Scissorpunch and L3-37
pjs2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #59
PoPCulture
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Anybody got a birthday coming up? Denny's usually offers you a free Grand Slam breakfast on your birthday. Leaves more money for packs, plus, happy birthday!
6 days away. I will have to look into this, thanks
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #60
tier1dc
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
I had 2 packs with Therm Scissorpunch and L3-37
so you pretty much have the 1st card of the best Star Wars character ever.

congrats.
tier1dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #61
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
I had 2 packs with Therm Scissorpunch and L3-37
Really L3-37? "Leet" as in Elite, aka gamer slang? They're using way to many puns and memes now.

Rosie Rivetta from TLJ was another lame one

Also, I'm really curious on the foil value for people to try and chase them since it's 1:100 odds for 1 and there's 12 to collect!
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #62
pjs2000
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Also, I'm really curious on the foil value for people to try and chase them since it's 1:100 odds for 1 and there's 12 to collect!
I'm curious to see what the silver parallels look like...
pjs2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #63
Zeldafanatic15
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs2000 View Post
I'm curious to see what the silver parallels look like...
I think someone in one of the FB groups posted one, didn't look too special, just a shiny finish similar to a rainbow parallel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #64
Plinth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 147
Default

Here's a foil pull posted on Yakface's Twitter.

Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #65
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,319
Default

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is the new character Rio Durant a play on Duran Duran's song Rio? I know there's been talk with the Disney films of producers and such sneaking in puns like this.
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #66
Plinth
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is the new character Rio Durant a play on Duran Duran's song Rio? I know there's been talk with the Disney films of producers and such sneaking in puns like this.
It wouldn’t be surprising if that were the case, and I’d guess that it is. There’s a few aliens that you could trace to music that the namers liked. When you have to name hundreds of weird things, inspiration has to come from somewhere.
Plinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #67
Dewman
Member
 
Dewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinth View Post
It wouldn’t be surprising if that were the case, and I’d guess that it is. There’s a few aliens that you could trace to music that the namers liked. When you have to name hundreds of weird things, inspiration has to come from somewhere.
At least 8 of the aliens of the Abednedo species are named after Beastie Boys songs/albums:

-Ello Asty
-Sowa Chuan
-Brasmon Kee
-Slowen Lo
-Ilco Munica
-Oddy Muva
-Awls Ooteek
-Roodown
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #68
jdandns
Member
 
jdandns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California, where begins the shining sea.
Posts: 6,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPCulture View Post
6 days away. I will have to look into this, thanks
Happy (early) Birthday! Mine was a couple of weeks ago, so well before the card promotion, unfortunately, but I did get the free breakfast.

Also, I think Denny's has a Triple A (auto club) and AARP (for people 50 and older) discounts, so remember to show those membership cards if you have either (or if someone with you does, have them pay) for a discount on the food, at least. I'm not sure it would apply to the card packs, but I guess it might, if they just tack those on to your regular food/drink bill, and you pay for it all at the end.
__________________
Stay classy, Oklahoma...
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #69
PoPCulture
Member
 
PoPCulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Keystone heights, FL
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Happy (early) Birthday! Mine was a couple of weeks ago, so well before the card promotion, unfortunately, but I did get the free breakfast.
Thanks! My wife and I actually drove past a Denny’s this morning so I talked her into stopping. We bought 8 packs and I was able to get a full set with those. It started rough as the first 3 packs had the same 2 cards but then the last 5 packs had no duplicates. Will probably go back on birthday just to try to pull a Foil.
I recommend the chicken Cobb salad if you need to make a food purchase
PoPCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #70
jdandns
Member
 
jdandns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California, where begins the shining sea.
Posts: 6,448
Default

Haha, that's great. Wish me the same luck when mine gets home tomorrow. I thought about going alone earlier in the week, but besides not wanting to be the weirdo dining by himself, it would've only yielded 4 packs, so no chance at a set that way.

I remember when Denny's had Hobbit packs, we got one (of the two different) golds in not too many packs, but I think those were somewhat easier to pull than the Solo Foils, plus the packs were free with the meal, if I'm remembering right.
__________________
Stay classy, Oklahoma...
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #71
daviswr7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,850
Default

So the hobby version of this product is now slated for the end of May...As opposed to 04/20/18 which never made any sense anyways...

Has Topps teased a single announcment about anything on this stuff yet?
daviswr7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #72
jdhaugh11
Member
 
jdhaugh11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,618
Default

Watched the new trailer. Movie looks pretty decent other than Solo himself. This guy is nothing like Ford. He has zero charisma!
From what I saw of Donald Glover, he actually impressed me. He seems to have Billy Dee's mannerisms and dialect down pretty well. I like his as an actor, but was worried he couldn't pull this character off.
Woody was what just about what I was expecting.
I am a little surprised that the movie seems more serious than I thought it would be. Thought it would be more lighthearted and funnier.
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #73
jdandns
Member
 
jdandns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California, where begins the shining sea.
Posts: 6,448
Default

Finally got to Denny's today, but ours had a limit of 3 packs person, so we could only get 6 packs. They seem to be taking it pretty seriously around here as the waitress had to go to the back to get the packs when the time came. She fanned out about 15 packs and let us pick 3 each, like at a card shop.

So with only 6 packs, the chance at a full set were practically nil, but we did get 9 different, plus 2 of the 3 dupes were of Emilia Clark, so not too shabby.
One cool thing was that we were allowed to use one of the 20% coupons from the packs on the tab, so that saved $4. (The discount doesn't apply to the packs themselves.)
__________________
Stay classy, Oklahoma...
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #74
Vargaman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 4,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Haha, that's great. Wish me the same luck when mine gets home tomorrow. I thought about going alone earlier in the week, but besides not wanting to be the weirdo dining by himself, it would've only yielded 4 packs, so no chance at a set that way.

I remember when Denny's had Hobbit packs, we got one (of the two different) golds in not too many packs, but I think those were somewhat easier to pull than the Solo Foils, plus the packs were free with the meal, if I'm remembering right.
To clarify, weirdo eating alone while opening trading cards hahaha

Also this onion article is amazing haha https://entertainment.theonion.com/f...ica-1825112914

I am excited for the movie, but agree he'll never be a good Han and Disney should've just made an Obi wan movie fans actually are asking for, or Boba or Yoda.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

star wars hit tracker spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
__________________
Topps STAR WARS: Mikeinator1st ; BUNT & HUDDLE: Mikeinator ; KICK: Mikeinator360

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #75
ForceChange77
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 987
Default

Release date was moved from April 20th a long time ago
Star Wars.com has an image of the blaster box. One patch card per blaster
Other than that, don’t expect much until a week before release date
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.