Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #1126
Fenway55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukestr89 View Post
To all you NFL boycotters, in case you didn't already know, JJ Watts has offered to pay for the funerals for those who were murdered at the Santa Fe High School shooting. Yes, he was not one of the players who were kneeling. But he is still an NFL player. If you are determined to hurt them in their pocket books, he's going to be affected as well. I'll concede that the NFL has its share of thug players, but there are many more out there doing good for their community. Keep that in mind when your outrage blinds you from the big picture.
JJ Watt is a hero for everything he has done for the greater Houston community.
Fenway55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:25 AM   #1127
rman112

Quote:
My only obsession with Trump is that you have an idiot in charge of our armed forces who doesn't have the temperament to be in that position. He's going to get my Army friends killed. So ya, I have a vested interest in what he does. But you wouldn't know about that from the safety of your home. Let others make the sacrifice and take the risks.
Unless you've seen the future, the part about getting your army friends killed is the fear-based thinking that I'm talking about.

Unless you're talking about the draft, you and everyone else who served made a choice to do so. If you want to feel superior because of that decision (again, being drafted in is different, for sure), you certainly have the right to do so. I'd be curious to hear what percentage you think enter the services to sacrifice, vs. all the other reasons (recruiters' influence, don't know what else to do, few options, get to use the equipment, college tuition, social prestige, etc etc). Furthermore, there's just so much that goes into war. It's certainly not simply always us vs. them and good vs. bad.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #1128
quackhead

Quote:
Was just waiting for someone to pull the Hillary cop-out. Congrats, that would be you.
Thanks dukey!! That is exactly what I was aiming for. Don't forget to MAGA, dukey!! We all know you can do it.
quackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #1129
quackhead

Quote:
My only obsession with Trump is that you have an idiot in charge of our armed forces who doesn't have the temperament to be in that position. He's going to get my Army friends killed. So ya, I have a vested interest in what he does. But you wouldn't know about that from the safety of your home. Let others make the sacrifice and take the risks.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #1130
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
Thanks dukey!! That is exactly what I was aiming for. Don't forget to MAGA, dukey!! We all know you can do it.
How is this anything other than flaming and/or trolling?
What is the point of it?
Old 05-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #1131
quackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Perhaps the NFL has some inside information regarding the rumors that Santa has been roughing up the elves and violating their civil rights, selectively denying them due process, and so forth. Where my North Pole SJWs at?
What is the point of it?
Old 05-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #1132
rman112

Quote:
What is the point of it?
LOLOL. I'll be waiting for his long-winded and convoluted response about how that actually isn't what he was doing.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #1133
jdandns

Keep waiting.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #1134
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Keep waiting.
Ha...
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #1135
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
What's it like to have TOD; Trump Obsession Disorder?
Actually it's TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #1136
pgisback

All while Kaepernick and whiny kneelers go around blaming white cops for systematically oppressing and killing off minorities. The real facts continue to make their claims ignorant. In 2018 there have been more cops killed in the line of duty than unarmed citizens. In 2018 out of 18 unarmed killings, 7 have been black. But Kaeps real issue isn’t cops, that’s just code word for “white”. Him and his girlfriend hate America.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #1137
dukestr89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
All while Kaepernick and whiny kneelers go around blaming white cops for systematically oppressing and killing off minorities. The real facts continue to make their claims ignorant. In 2018 there have been more cops killed in the line of duty than unarmed citizens. In 2018 out of 18 unarmed killings, 7 have been black. But Kaeps real issue isn’t cops, that’s just code word for “white”. Him and his girlfriend hate America.
I believe you about his girlfriend cause I saw the same tweets. But haven't heard anything from Kaepernick to support your claims. On top of that, the man is half white. His adoptive parents are both white. There is absolutely no reason for him to have a hatred towards white people. I think you're reading much more into it then there is.
dukestr89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #1138
dukestr89

Quote:
Of course I can do it. I've done my part to Keep America Great. How about you?
Old 05-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #1139
dukestr89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
Unless you've seen the future, the part about getting your army friends killed is the fear-based thinking that I'm talking about.

Unless you're talking about the draft, you and everyone else who served made a choice to do so. If you want to feel superior because of that decision (again, being drafted in is different, for sure), you certainly have the right to do so. I'd be curious to hear what percentage you think enter the services to sacrifice, vs. all the other reasons (recruiters' influence, don't know what else to do, few options, get to use the equipment, college tuition, social prestige, etc etc). Furthermore, there's just so much that goes into war. It's certainly not simply always us vs. them and good vs. bad.
Just to address your point, you are correct that people have different reasons to join the military. But the fact of the matter is, that once they raise their hands and take the oath of service their lives are no longer theirs. They can be separated from their families for months and even years. Imagine civilians going on business trips and magnify that 10 fold. If a civilian gets home sick, he has that opportunity to return home any time he chooses. If military personnel do it without clearance, it's considered desertion. We don't need to go into details about being deployed into hostile regions. Regardless of reason, 100% of those who enlist enter the service to sacrifice for their Nation. There is no getting around it.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #1140
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Actually it's *DS, ***** Derangement Syndrome
It is a very real affliction.

Last edited by jdandns; 05-21-2018 at 04:22 PM.
jdandns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #1141
pac213up

Can't wait to see this one.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-worries-mayor
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM   #1142
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Well first thing we know is in an entire parking lot full of spaces he double parks in a handicap spot. Should get tazed for that alone.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #1143
fazzle

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...em-discussions

Quote:
The discussions are expected to resume Wednesday morning, with a resolution possible by the end of the day.

Among the possibilities discussed, according to sources, were:

Allow each team to implement its own policy

Clear the field of all football personnel while the anthem is played

Instruct players who don't want to stand to remain in the locker room while the anthem is played

Impose penalties on teams and players who do not stand, including a 15-yard penalty and/or fines

Add contract language that requires players to stand

Leave the current policy in place
I think the first two are probably the most reasonable, but we'll see what the NFL comes up with.
fazzle is online now   Reply With Quote