Blowout Cards Forums
Power Coupon DANNY

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #5876
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 6,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
You will earn buddy candy twice as fast during the event.
Aight not horrible. Can always use more Geodude candy lol.

And nest changed last night, I guess my Psyduck nest went to Girafe. Found it funny as I think Josh and I were just talking about him lol.
__________________
***Trying to move Roughly 200,000 commons for $180, Northern Illinois Pick up only. ***
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #5877
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 6,531
Default

I feel like I am very lucky, or maybe its because I only pay attention to where I live. How many good Nests do you guys have in your Area?

I have
RS- Maybe 3-7 guys per lap, so like 8-22 per hour.
RD- Maybe 3-5 Per Hour
AL- Maybe 5-8 per hour.
AW- Maybe 8-12 per hour, seen 4 at once before.
SF- Maybe 6-20 per hour, usually get 3-6 per lap, but I don't do more than 1 lap, its a quickie like 8 min lap.
VP- Up to 5 at once, never worked the nest before.

And these are all within 10 mins of me. They might spawn at a higher rate, Ive really only walked 1 for an hour+ before.
__________________
***Trying to move Roughly 200,000 commons for $180, Northern Illinois Pick up only. ***
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #5878
mikecamp99
Member
 
mikecamp99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,043
Default

I've still been playing here and there. Mostly to get my daily stop and then try to do a raid every so often, usually 2-3 star raids I can solo since raids really have died off where I live.

7-8 on Entei which is cool, easily the most I've gotten out of any of the legendaries. I'd like to do more but after about the first few days people get bored so it gets really hard to get enough people to do 4-5 star raids.

Just hit my first gold gym today which is nice, Monday I'll finally receive the benefits of a 7 day spin on a gold gym. I've got another gym by my house that is silver and getting close to gold.

Also have both Gen 1 and 2 NA pokedex complete as of now outside of Mewtwo, still hoping to get a pass eventually. Currently sitting on 16/26 Unowns. My brother is a part of a discord group of some sort so can get locations for when they pop up and usually goes out and gets them for him and myself.

Excited for Gen 3, but stinks they are only releasing ghosts until at least December. Don't understand why not release them after the Halloween event, or even a week after vs. a whole month or more. Someone said because it could take away from Suicune being in November, but I disagree. If Gen 3 was out more people would be out playing, more people would be out seeing these raids so it's a double win for players and Niantic. Once December/January roles around most of the northern US isn't playing as much with the cold and snow.
__________________
INCOMING:
mikecamp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #5879
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
I feel like I am very lucky, or maybe its because I only pay attention to where I live. How many good Nests do you guys have in your Area?

I have
RS- Maybe 3-7 guys per lap, so like 8-22 per hour.
RD- Maybe 3-5 Per Hour
AL- Maybe 5-8 per hour.
AW- Maybe 8-12 per hour, seen 4 at once before.
SF- Maybe 6-20 per hour, usually get 3-6 per lap, but I don't do more than 1 lap, its a quickie like 8 min lap.
VP- Up to 5 at once, never worked the nest before.

And these are all within 10 mins of me. They might spawn at a higher rate, Ive really only walked 1 for an hour+ before.
I only have one nest within 20 minutes of me and it's a Ski mountain/golf course so you can only get 2 or 3 spawns from the parking lot.

The rest are a few golf courses but you really can't get but maybe 1 or 2 from there.

Where I play by work has 4 nests that I usually look at. None are great but 2 or 3 each half hour if you're lucky.

The best one close to me is on my way to work. One of the bests and most accessible nests in my state. It has only been something good 2 or 3 times. Charmander back when Charizard was actually hard to get, Todile after the first rotation, and Machop back before you could change movesets so I didn't end up going. You can usually get 20 in a solid hour there. It's a bigger park so you really have to drive from spawn to spawn.
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:03 PM   #5880
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 6,531
Default

Makes me feel spoiled on my nests then lol. I actually forgot 2 more nests, 1 sucks so I barely call it a nest. But sometimes its like 4 Piners or 3 Voltorb like well its a nest today lol.

The other is pretty good, was the first nest my friend found verified for us. Got my first 30 Growlieths there in 2 days haha.


@Mike- Yea, the NA area sucks in winter, but raids might not stuggle to much as long as no snow. Most people drive anyway where I'm at.

As for what Niantic should do, I would like to see a complete overhaul for new years.

November, Suicune Raids
December the 3 Dogs Dec1-24ish, Last week of year all 7 Birds/Dogs.
January First Raid Cycle, Make the 12 or so Regional Guys into Tier 3/4 Bosses, Farfech'd, Kangaskhan, Mr Mime, Torous, Corsula, Herracross, Delibird, Smeargle and round it out with Unown so we can easily go after the letters.

You can switch also like Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Charmeleon, Ivysaur, Warturtle, Gen 2 guys Megnisum/Typhlosion/Feraligtor as well to round off the numbers.

Then Feb Add Mew/Celibi.

March Another Raid Rotation Change

April- Add Latio/Latias

May- prep for a big 2 Year Anni

June- Release some of Gen 4

This is what I would aim to do.
__________________
***Trying to move Roughly 200,000 commons for $180, Northern Illinois Pick up only. ***
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #5881
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
Makes me feel spoiled on my nests then lol. I actually forgot 2 more nests, 1 sucks so I barely call it a nest. But sometimes its like 4 Piners or 3 Voltorb like well its a nest today lol.

The other is pretty good, was the first nest my friend found verified for us. Got my first 30 Growlieths there in 2 days haha.


@Mike- Yea, the NA area sucks in winter, but raids might not stuggle to much as long as no snow. Most people drive anyway where I'm at.

As for what Niantic should do, I would like to see a complete overhaul for new years.

November, Suicune Raids
December the 3 Dogs Dec1-24ish, Last week of year all 7 Birds/Dogs.
January First Raid Cycle, Make the 12 or so Regional Guys into Tier 3/4 Bosses, Farfech'd, Kangaskhan, Mr Mime, Torous, Corsula, Herracross, Delibird, Smeargle and round it out with Unown so we can easily go after the letters.

You can switch also like Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Charmeleon, Ivysaur, Warturtle, Gen 2 guys Megnisum/Typhlosion/Feraligtor as well to round off the numbers.

Then Feb Add Mew/Celibi.

March Another Raid Rotation Change

April- Add Latio/Latias

May- prep for a big 2 Year Anni

June- Release some of Gen 4

This is what I would aim to do.
I don't want regionals/unown to be given away.

There needs to be something to shoot for in this game. Special events in given locations isn't a horrible thing. It will kill the game off doing that and I really don't think they ever will. Unown should never be handed out either. I only have one and I'm okay with that. It shouldn't be super easy to get.
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #5882
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 6,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
I don't want regionals/unown to be given away.

There needs to be something to shoot for in this game. Special events in given locations isn't a horrible thing. It will kill the game off doing that and I really don't think they ever will. Unown should never be handed out either. I only have one and I'm okay with that. It shouldn't be super easy to get.
But do you like the Regional Aspect of it? I just want 1 but I'm not forking over money to go to Chicago/Philly/Cali/Japan or anything like that.

I figure on the Unown as more and more people get closer to having the letters, it might make for a good Raid/Cash for Niantic. Having people chase 50 Unown Raids just to try and get the 26 Letters. You don't need 20 Charizards or Zapdos, but the unown is a Badge to chase.
__________________
***Trying to move Roughly 200,000 commons for $180, Northern Illinois Pick up only. ***
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #5883
Soxrule111
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DeKalb
Posts: 6,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
I don't want regionals/unown to be given away.

There needs to be something to shoot for in this game. Special events in given locations isn't a horrible thing. It will kill the game off doing that and I really don't think they ever will. Unown should never be handed out either. I only have one and I'm okay with that. It shouldn't be super easy to get.
And I remember what made me want to type what I would do earlier, then I got bus at work lol.

This would probably piss off the big spenders, so some adjustment might be needed, but I would personally like this more than trading/VS battles.

Add a Gym Badge System with Heavy Rewards AFTER level 40. I don't think you can up the cap to 60 and account for exp gained currently, that could aggravate heavy hitters who changed focus after lvl 40.


But, this Gym Badge Idea
When the Trainer is Level 40. You can go to GOLD GYMS ONLY, that you are currently in.

Battle a CPU for a Gym Badge like in the game. All gyms will be the same/different will explain.

First Badge- 6v6 battle, NO SWITCHING when guys faint like we can in current raid system. Make it like 2200 cp guys. Should be an easy victory vs the CPU.

Second Badge- Always, only able to do in a Gold Gym, with your guy currently in there. Cannot double up on Gyms, so you need multiple gold gyms. Make it like 2600 cp 6v6

Third Badge/Fourth SAA

Fifth Badge/6th Badge Make it like a 3v3 3400 CP

7th/8th Make it so you team up with a Partner both have to be Gold on that Gym, in that Gym and on 7th or 8th badge. 6v6 but like a raid, make it 4400/5000 cp.

All these battles will be a 360 second clock as well not 180/300 like the raids. But the CPU enters guys like we do, instantly no load/wait.


Make it Rewards like-
1 Badge Pokémon can level up to lvl 40 instead of 38.
2 Badge Trainer Level 41
3 Badge Trainer Level 42
4 Badge Pokémon can Level up to 42
5 Badge Trainer Level 43
6 Badge Trainer Level 44
7 Badge Trainer Level 45 AND Pokémon can be leveled up to 45
8 Badge- Become Eligible for a Elite 4 (like in the Old games) to be introduced at a later time in the game, say a September 8th Date to give trainers a look into the future.

1 Gym Attempt Per Day. No Retrying if you fail like in a Raid, if you fail wait to try again tomorrow.
__________________
***Trying to move Roughly 200,000 commons for $180, Northern Illinois Pick up only. ***
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #5884
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
And I remember what made me want to type what I would do earlier, then I got bus at work lol.

This would probably piss off the big spenders, so some adjustment might be needed, but I would personally like this more than trading/VS battles.

Add a Gym Badge System with Heavy Rewards AFTER level 40. I don't think you can up the cap to 60 and account for exp gained currently, that could aggravate heavy hitters who changed focus after lvl 40.


But, this Gym Badge Idea
When the Trainer is Level 40. You can go to GOLD GYMS ONLY, that you are currently in.

Battle a CPU for a Gym Badge like in the game. All gyms will be the same/different will explain.

First Badge- 6v6 battle, NO SWITCHING when guys faint like we can in current raid system. Make it like 2200 cp guys. Should be an easy victory vs the CPU.

Second Badge- Always, only able to do in a Gold Gym, with your guy currently in there. Cannot double up on Gyms, so you need multiple gold gyms. Make it like 2600 cp 6v6

Third Badge/Fourth SAA

Fifth Badge/6th Badge Make it like a 3v3 3400 CP

7th/8th Make it so you team up with a Partner both have to be Gold on that Gym, in that Gym and on 7th or 8th badge. 6v6 but like a raid, make it 4400/5000 cp.

All these battles will be a 360 second clock as well not 180/300 like the raids. But the CPU enters guys like we do, instantly no load/wait.


Make it Rewards like-
1 Badge Pokémon can level up to lvl 40 instead of 38.
2 Badge Trainer Level 41
3 Badge Trainer Level 42
4 Badge Pokémon can Level up to 42
5 Badge Trainer Level 43
6 Badge Trainer Level 44
7 Badge Trainer Level 45 AND Pokémon can be leveled up to 45
8 Badge- Become Eligible for a Elite 4 (like in the Old games) to be introduced at a later time in the game, say a September 8th Date to give trainers a look into the future.

1 Gym Attempt Per Day. No Retrying if you fail like in a Raid, if you fail wait to try again tomorrow.
Niantic does not care about the high level players though. They do nothing for them. Everything they do is to cater to the casual/lower level players. They have been trying to close the gap for awhile.

The Level system will eventually be increased. All of your xp will be used as well. Too many people would be pissed off. The level you can increase your pokemon to likely won't change either.
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #5885
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,705
Default

I agree, I think this is all meant to try and level the playing field for the eventual level increase.

Good luck to everyone who will be taking on Mewtwo in a few hours!
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #5886
Divino
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 6,615
Default

So, Go Plus users:

Has one of these recent updates ruined the Go plus, or is mine not working right? Typically I can get all pokestops when I'm traveling 30 MPH or less, but now everytime it flashes blue, it flashes 3 times before it even lets me click, and it's too late by then. Did Niantic just ruin the go plus?
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #5887
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
So, Go Plus users:

Has one of these recent updates ruined the Go plus, or is mine not working right? Typically I can get all pokestops when I'm traveling 30 MPH or less, but now everytime it flashes blue, it flashes 3 times before it even lets me click, and it's too late by then. Did Niantic just ruin the go plus?
It's an IOS 11 Bug. I've been dealing with it for 2 months. Enjoy lol.

Good luck to those going to do Mewtwo today!

We are about to head there now. Not gonna get gym control but I won't need it anyway. 12 balls will be plenty.
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #5888
Divino
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 6,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
It's an IOS 11 Bug. I've been dealing with it for 2 months. Enjoy lol.

Good luck to those going to do Mewtwo today!

We are about to head there now. Not gonna get gym control but I won't need it anyway. 12 balls will be plenty.
Great, so the go plus is useless for me now until it's fixed.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #5889
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,705
Default

Got him.


He was only a 71$ though. :'(

I said I would power anything up over 83. Looks like i'm still gonna wait. Atleast I can dump some rare candy into it to free up some much needed bag space!
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #5890
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
Got him.


He was only a 71$ though. :'(

I said I would power anything up over 83. Looks like i'm still gonna wait. Atleast I can dump some rare candy into it to free up some much needed bag space!
Mine was an 80. I will still power it up. I am going to use my rare candies after 3 just incase they end up counting as two.
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #5891
peterose4hof
Member
 
peterose4hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfaceoff View Post
Got him.


He was only a 71$ though. :'(

I said I would power anything up over 83. Looks like i'm still gonna wait. Atleast I can dump some rare candy into it to free up some much needed bag space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
Mine was an 80. I will still power it up. I am going to use my rare candies after 3 just incase they end up counting as two.
Congrats to you both! Sorry the IVs weren't great.

Hopefully I get a chance to grab one of these some day.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM   #5892
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
Congrats to you both! Sorry the IVs weren't great.

Hopefully I get a chance to grab one of these some day.
This is still the Beta phase I believe. They will be ramping up soon I bet.
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #5893
chrisfaceoff
Member
 
chrisfaceoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NEPA
Posts: 6,705
Default

The one thing I will say is for our gyms in Northeast PA, they have all been at a college location. We do not have any sponsored gyms in our area at all, they are all stops.

So if you are hoping for one, I would start at colleges to get some raids in.
__________________
Looking for Lorenzo Mauldin Topps Chrome Printing Plates
Go JETS !!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #5894
peterose4hof
Member
 
peterose4hof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,853
Default

The Halloween Event is live.

It's so nice to see silhouettes on the nearby screen once again!
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #5895
Josh611
Member
 
Josh611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterose4hof View Post
The Halloween Event is live.

It's so nice to see silhouettes on the nearby screen once again!
For a whole 10 minutes lol
__________________
Josh611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #5896
mikecamp99
Member
 
mikecamp99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
For a whole 10 minutes lol
Yup it's a little disappointing that after one day I have all 5 so the event is a little worthless at this point other than loading up on guys to evolve for XP.
__________________
INCOMING:
mikecamp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.