Blowout Cards Forums
Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY BASEBALL

Notices

FANTASY BASEBALL Post your BASEBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #1726
Hollywood42

Still will end up being a really nice outing, especially for someone like him. Davies has been fine today but not doing a whole lot to rack up the points. Going to have to hope for a few big hits from my bats, maybe a save or two as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
And another haha
Blowout's Minnesota Twins Face of the Franchise
Hollywood42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #1727
Bosox34

Should be able to finish today off with a lead over Dbacks to advance into next week’s match-up against Chicago Whales. Should be an extremely difficult matchup with the amount of depth on the team, but I’m looking forward to the challenge of finally playing him with most of my squad being healthy. Believe DeGrom and Kluber are both 2 start pitchers next week so that should work very well in my favor
Old 09-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #1728
Hollywood42

Not looking good... Down my 21 with just about all of my games over or in the 8th/9th. At this point pretty much the only thing I can hope for is a combo of a home run or two from my bats and 2 pool outings from Roller's RPs. But I think I might be done
Old 09-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #1729
Highroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Not looking good... Down my 21 with just about all of my games over or in the 8th/9th. At this point pretty much the only thing I can hope for is a combo of a home run or two from my bats and 2 pool outings from Roller's RPs. But I think I might be done
Definitely a tight battle the whole week.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #1730
Hollywood42

Boxberger coming in for a poor outing seals it, my season is over

First and foremost, congrats Highroller. That was a fun, competitive matchup. I'll be rooting for you to pull off the upset next week

This was a disappointing end to my season, but I'm impressed with what my team did down the stretch. Overcoming Kershaw being out for several weeks earlier this season, Quintana and Archer being nothing like anybody expected, Severino completely losing effectiveness for the past month plus, and having very little pitching depth after my top few, I didn't expect to make it this far. Not to mention trading JD Martinez, Quintana, and Strop for nobody that will help me before next season. Yet, I managed to go 5-0 down the stretch, make it into the playoffs as the 5 seed, and have a really competitive matchup right down to the wire

Looking forward, I still have a bit of work to do, but I think I'm in a pretty good spot for the future. I'd put my offense up against anybody's in the league, paced by Machado, Judge, Rizzo, Whit, Sanchez, and several others. I'll be trying to improve my pitching a bit in the offseason, but building around Kershaw, Carrasco, Severino, plus several solid depth guys and a few nice prospects is a great place to start
Old 09-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #1731
Hollywood42

I have no idea how this got past me in February/March, but I was checking LeagueSafe to make sure we're good to go there, and apparently bshea never paid for this season. I've sent him a PM, but I don't even know when the last time I got a return PM from him was, and it appears he hasn't logged on since March. Assuming that doesn't work, any other ideas about how to contact him? I haven't had luck getting in touch with him in any form at all this year

Worst comes to worst, I'll cover the missing $25 out of pocket since it was my mistake. Still have no idea how I missed that
Old 09-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #1732
Sportscards515

There seems to be an issue with my SP limit this week. The scoreboard says I have used 6 starts so far this week however, I have only used 5 starts. The issue could be with Clay Bucholtz because he was scratched right before Thursday's start but he never threw a pitch. Any way this can be changed?
Sportscards515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #1733
Bosox34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscards515 View Post
There seems to be an issue with my SP limit this week. The scoreboard says I have used 6 starts so far this week however, I have only used 5 starts. The issue could be with Clay Bucholtz because he was scratched right before Thursday's start but he never threw a pitch. Any way this can be changed?

Yeah I can vouch for 515 and say that he should have one less SP started than it states. I also think the issue is with Buccholz’s start yesterday because he was a late scratch. ESPN might correct it soon when they issue their stat corrections.

Worst comes to worst, I would be willing to bench one of my starters to make it even

Last edited by Bosox34; 09-14-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Bosox34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #1734
Hollywood42

Go ahead as if you have the correct number of starts left to use. If it doesn't get fixed tonight, I'll send you a message tonight or tomorrow night to get figured out who you want to be able to use and can adjust the scoring from there if necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscards515 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox34 View Post
Yeah I can vouch for 515 and say that he should have one less SP started than it states. I also think the issue is with Buccholz’s start yesterday because he was a late scratch. ESPN might correct it soon when they issue their stat corrections.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #1735
Hollywood42

Bshea responded to an email I sent through our league and paid up, btw, so we're good to go
Old 09-16-2018, 01:09 AM   #1736
Cornerstore

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Verlander and minor do well in this league go to finals. Verlander and minor do terrible, prob go to finals in my other league. SMH i dont know how i feel about tomorrow
Old 09-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #1737
Bosox34

Big win for my team this week against 515! 515 has been one of the toughest opponents in this league for my team to beat and this week is actually the first time in 2 seasons that I’ve been able to beat him. Offense really helped me out this week, and am really going to need my pitchers to buckle down next week in the finals to help me get a W against Cornerstore. Great matchup with 515 this week, looks like both semifinal matchups ended up extremely close which emphasizes the competitiveness of the teams in the top 4.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #1738
Cornerstore

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

Looks like a rematch of last years championship round. Hopefully I can come out on top this time. Good luck bosox!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #1739
Hollywood42

It looks like it won't matter, but was there any issue or corrections needed with 515's starts?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #1740
Hollywood42

Players over prospect limits- Must be promoted or dropped

Firerunner- Joe Jimenez

Silverandblack- Max Fried

Todderfield- Erick Fedde
Old 09-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #1741
Hollywood42

To follow up on our discussion about activeness-

Bankdawg- At this point, he's definitely going to be replaced. He's made 5 roster adjustments (no adds/drops/trades, just moves) since the start of July, and hasn't posted in here or let us know in any other way that he's been around. So he's going to be out

Bshea- I'm not sure what to make of him. He wasn't very active at all for a good portion of this season, but he's been setting his lineups for most all of this year. But it's really, really difficult to get in touch with him at times. Hasn't logged on to Blowout since March. I don't really feel like a replacement is that warranted at this point, but it'd be nice if he was more communicative

HOF- This one is a little tough for me too. He was pretty active in April and May. Not as much in June, but not completely abandoning either. Then in July and August, there's a total of 4 moves. Now in September he's made a few moves again. Based on activeness alone, he should be replaced. But every time I talk to him, he does say he recognizes that he hasn't put in enough but does want to. But it's just never really come, and I'm not sure how much of an impact that should have
Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #1742
Sportscards515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
It looks like it won't matter, but was there any issue or corrections needed with 515's starts?
It's all good.
Sportscards515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #1743
Hollywood42

Reminder that after this week's matchups end, the FA pool will lock for the offseason- No more adds or claims until after the draft