Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Completed/Closed Group Case Breaks

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #76
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
Damn you!!
Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, I mailed the host my default list and (aside from the crazy parallel pick) they've gone pretty much in that order. :-)
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #77
Madrid1028

with pick 10 i take Work in Progress insert cards = 1 slot.

pming next
Madrid1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #78
ekalbnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better, I mailed the host my default list and (aside from the crazy parallel pick) they've gone pretty much in that order. :-)
I thought it would have been a top 5 pick so you did well.

With pick #11 I will take ????? by Isaiah McAllister.

PM'ing next
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #79
powder132366

Pick 12 - Superman By ?????

Will PM 13
powder132366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #80
Madrid1028

Quote:
The funny thing is the parallel pick was pretty good. All of those will sell for double of any sketch he could have taken there.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #81
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid1028 View Post
The funny thing is the parallel pick was pretty good. All of those will sell for double of any sketch he could have taken there.
:special: we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #82
Madrid1028

Quote:
:special: we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one!
yeah the set goes for 65. I know its not a complete set but you have the extras. I dont see a sketch at pick 5 that could go close to that.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #83
ifish73

pick 13 made by proxy
Old 01-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #84
ekalbnz

With pick #14 I will take the last sketch: OMAC by Javier Aranda

PMing next
Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #85
Mystafet

Pick #15 I'll take Green Lantern insert cards

I stand by my Parallels at pick #5 :-) I have 2 cases coming this week, and I can put together Masters sets for $70-90. None of these sketches overly appealed to me at pick 5.

Will PM stryke3_mb
Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #86
Mystafet

Just wondering where others feel the Parallels should have gone pick wise...I know they wouldn't have made it to 15, reason I took them at 5.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #87
ifish73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystafet View Post
Just wondering where others feel the Parallels should have gone pick wise...I know they wouldn't have made it to 15, reason I took them at 5.
My guess they would have gone around 7 or 8 if you didn't take them.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #88
ifish73

For those who got the base slots. I was able to make 18 full base sets so you each get three. I also have three partial sets so whoever says it first gets one.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #89
lostpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
For those who got the base slots. I was able to make 18 full base sets so you each get three. I also have three partial sets so whoever says it first gets one.
I'll take the partial
lostpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #90
powder132366

I'll take a partial set, please and thank you. And I completely agree that the parallel lot could have been taken ahead of many of the sketch cards in terms of value.
powder132366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #91
ifish73

stryke claimed a partial through PM

Thanks for joining the break!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #92
ekalbnz

Quote:
I was contemplating the parallels with my second selection (#11) if they were still around then and probably would have taken them from 7 down if the top 6 sketches to me had gone. It would certainly be a very hard set to put together unless you purchase a case so I can understand why you would take them.

I am very happy with getting 3 sketches from my 3 spots, if only because taking one of the insert sets could have been pricey with COMC mailbox service!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #93
ekalbnz

Thanks ifish73 for doing the break. Any chance you will be looking at doing another case of this? Or I would love a case of Batman Legend too
Old 01-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #94
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
Thanks ifish73 for doing the break. Any chance you will be looking at doing another case of this? Or I would love a case of Batman Legend too
I would be in for 2-3 slots of either or both of these as well!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #95
eldavojohn

Quote:
Well, my opinion is obvious. I stress that this is just my opinion. But for me, personally, I'm a collector not a flipper and as time stretches out and these parallels enter the market and the cost of the cases drop, I have seen that parallels often plummet in value while sketches maintain/rise. It's true that complete sets will sell well right now but I think in two years any of the sketches in this break would cost more. Again, just my opinion, I expect harsh disagreement considering the earlier discussion.

If you're happy with your pick, who cares? Oh, I broke six boxes of this, PM if you start a need thread for your remaining 8 parallels.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #96
Madrid1028

Quote:
Well, my opinion is obvious. I stress that this is just my opinion. But for me, personally, I'm a collector not a flipper and as time stretches out and these parallels enter the market and the cost of the cases drop, I have seen that parallels often plummet in value while sketches maintain/rise. It's true that complete sets will sell well right now but I think in two years any of the sketches in this break would cost more. Again, just my opinion, I expect harsh disagreement considering the earlier discussion.

If you're happy with your pick, who cares? Oh, I broke six boxes of this, PM if you start a need thread for your remaining 8 parallels.
Im sorry if you felt that I was harsh didnt mean to come across that way. To your point then his best option would have been draft the parallels sell them on ebay and then buy 2-3 sketches that would fall from around 5-7 in the draft and stash those away. He would get a lot more collector pieces that way. I took the superman card at number 2 because my brother in law is the biggest superman guy around. I totally get the collector side of it. I collect Rhiannon Owens but knew at spot 2 even if we hit one like last time I wasnt going to get it.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #97
Mystafet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid1028 View Post
Im sorry if you felt that I was harsh didnt mean to come across that way. To your point then his best option would have been draft the parallels sell them on ebay and then buy 2-3 sketches that would fall from around 5-7 in the draft and stash those away. He would get a lot more collector pieces that way. I took the superman card at number 2 because my brother in law is the biggest superman guy around. I totally get the collector side of it. I collect Rhiannon Owens but knew at spot 2 even if we hit one like last time I wasnt going to get it.
Quote:

Well, I do plan to start back up my sets. I'm currently working on selling off all my Benchwarmer stuff and am building a nice collection of Sketches. I took the Parallels since I have 2 cases coming, I'm looking at least a PC Set for myself and 2 full sets to sell (depending on collation of course). I'm hoping I won't have to pick up singles, but at this price point I'd take a chance at more cases for a nice redemption or great sketch.

Had I have taken a sketch I would have taken the Flores or the Vasquez, but neither of which I would have wanted to keep, so Parallels it was. Sadly, with that case, I would have deeply considered the Parallels over the Mercer sketch, however, the Mercer would at least have a chance of staying with me...heres to hoping I get at least 1 nice case of my 2 (should be here Thursday)

On a side note...how about a beautiful Wonder Woman by Rhiannon Owens!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #98
ifish73

Quote:
Well, I do plan to start back up my sets. I'm currently working on selling off all my Benchwarmer stuff and am building a nice collection of Sketches. I took the Parallels since I have 2 cases coming, I'm looking at least a PC Set for myself and 2 full sets to sell (depending on collation of course). I'm hoping I won't have to pick up singles, but at this price point I'd take a chance at more cases for a nice redemption or great sketch.

Had I have taken a sketch I would have taken the Flores or the Vasquez, but neither of which I would have wanted to keep, so Parallels it was. Sadly, with that case, I would have deeply considered the Parallels over the Mercer sketch, however, the Mercer would at least have a chance of staying with me...heres to hoping I get at least 1 nice case of my 2 (should be here Thursday)

Show off!.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #99
stryke3_mb

Quote:

The parallels did throw me at #5, but only because I was picking right behind you and waiting to see which of my top 2 remaining choices you'd leave me with. With that said, I was thinking all along about how the parallel set was a much better value than a couple of the lower end sketches. It was a good call, I believe. The only hang up would be it not being a full set, but it looks like you have that covered with the extra cases. I'll give you credit...it would have to take a great deal of restraint not to pick a sketch.

It's nice to know you would've considered the sketch I chose at #6, the Flores. Always good to get confirmation from others.

As for that Owens sketch of WW, I wish I had something like that for my collection. I'm very picky when it comes to sketches of female characters and only trust a few artists. That's the main reason why I don't have many WW sketches in my collection. Owens always does an amazing job though, & that sketch is a winner!

Good luck on your cases! I'm excited to see the results!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:30 AM   #100
ifish73

I am pretty sure that the Jez sketch is of Solstice from the Teen Titans