Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #26
Patsfan
Member
 
Patsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,426
Default

Just listed a big lot of mine on LetItGo yesterday. Hopefully they'll be gone as quick as your were. Congrats!!
__________________
Looking for: Autographed ROMLB's w/ HOF inscription
MLB Funko Pops
Joey Votto almost anything
Patsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #27
mrmopar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 299
Default

$75 for a 5K box is pretty stellar, especially if it was stripped clean for the most part.
mrmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #28
NMCBravesfan
Member
 
NMCBravesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC area
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthenrichs View Post
This is why Iím hesitant to unload my commons as well, Iíve got 50,000 Iíve combed over multiple times for comc stuff and thought I might get $100-200 on Craigslist for the rest but worried about thievery or shenanigans, even if meeting in a public place, heck, just the other day someone nearby my area was held up after meeting for a craigslist sale of an Xbox.
Always ask them to meet you at a police station. Some police stations even have a designated area inside for doing this kind of thing. If the interested person really just wants to buy your stuff then they shouldn't have a problem with it.
__________________
I collect Chipper Jones, Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux and Don Gullett.

If I'm selling a card and I get a message saying "What's your low" I will not respond. That's not how offers work.
NMCBravesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #29
theflushingmets
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Beach, NY
Posts: 1,874
Default

some of you guys are wild paranoid. 5000 ct. boxes of common baseball cards aren't an iPhoneX. Who is really going to stick a gun in your face for 500 lbs worth of junk baseball cards? like, what are they gonna do? Pick up the boxes with one hand and load them into a car while theyre watching you with a gun? Furthermore, you think someone would actually shoot you because you were a witness to their face and presumably crappy hyundai?
__________________
Lets Go Mets
Thor - Syndergod Of Pitching
Finders fee on a 96 Select Certified Mirror Gold Jack Mcdowell
Also looking for Any cool Matt Moore cards i don't already have, plus newer Mets stuff.
theflushingmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #30
LC2nine10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflushingmets View Post
some of you guys are wild paranoid. 5000 ct. boxes of common baseball cards aren't an iPhoneX. Who is really going to stick a gun in your face for 500 lbs worth of junk baseball cards? like, what are they gonna do? Pick up the boxes with one hand and load them into a car while theyre watching you with a gun? Furthermore, you think someone would actually shoot you because you were a witness to their face and presumably crappy hyundai?
Based on current events, yes.
__________________
Livid is the new FURIOUS .
LC2nine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #31
BravesFan4Life
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Broomfield, CO(Its Really just a Suburb of Denver)
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflushingmets View Post
some of you guys are wild paranoid. 5000 ct. boxes of common baseball cards aren't an iPhoneX. Who is really going to stick a gun in your face for 500 lbs worth of junk baseball cards? like, what are they gonna do? Pick up the boxes with one hand and load them into a car while theyre watching you with a gun? Furthermore, you think someone would actually shoot you because you were a witness to their face and presumably crappy hyundai?
its not paranoia, people will do some crazy stuff if they can get it for free. If it was a card show its different but how many times have random people met up on craigslist and something funky happened? Often enough to not take the risk.
BravesFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #32
Donovan
Member
 
Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CA.
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthenrichs View Post
This is why Iím hesitant to unload my commons as well, Iíve got 50,000 Iíve combed over multiple times for comc stuff and thought I might get $100-200 on Craigslist for the rest but worried about thievery or shenanigans, even if meeting in a public place, heck, just the other day someone nearby my area was held up after meeting for a craigslist sale of an Xbox.
Most that rob are doing so for quick cash items. Pawn shop/flea market items. Tools, precious metals, phones, video games etc. Not commons of baseball cards.

I sell on CL, OfferUp and Letgo regularly. Have had a several hundred transactions over the years. (Used to buy storage units and had a B&M store). Never been robbed. *knock on wood* I used to meet up at my house for all transactions until someone mentioned while at my house "I see you have a lot of items on Craigslist, you must have good security". Within a week we opened a store.

What I do-
Get as much info as possible. I make contact via email and phone. Get a name. Research their profile (applicable on OffferUP & Letgo). For CL I search their email/name. Many times I find their FB/IG or post on a MB talking about their hobby etc.

Someone always knows where I went and the other parties info. Bring a buddy when I did not feel secure.

Bring a weapon. I'm not allowed to have a gun but when my wife goes with she brings hers. Once when I was buying a few hundred in silver, the guys buddy in the car seemed nervous/anxious. My back was never to them and I kept touching my bulging side (intentionally making it look like I was checking my weapon). It was a sheathed knife, but better than nothing.

Arrive later than them. Even if I'm "first" I wait until they notify me they're there and I drive around their car looking to see how many people, size them up, look for people hiding to ambush.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #33
RollTribe
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflushingmets View Post
some of you guys are wild paranoid. 5000 ct. boxes of common baseball cards aren't an iPhoneX. Who is really going to stick a gun in your face for 500 lbs worth of junk baseball cards? like, what are they gonna do? Pick up the boxes with one hand and load them into a car while theyre watching you with a gun? Furthermore, you think someone would actually shoot you because you were a witness to their face and presumably crappy hyundai?
I agree with this.
__________________
Mortgage Broker in NC
RollTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #34
Corky
Member
 
Corky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Arizona (Hometown: Seattle)
Posts: 1,394
Default

This past summer I donated about 10k and it was nice to move them on.
__________________
I am a player collector focusing mainly on Ken Griffey Jr. but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent, Ryan Bader. and University of Arizona

http://real-corky.deviantart.com/gallery/
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #35
scotthenrichs
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 571
Default

I guess it wasnít the commons themselves Iím worried about getting held up over, itís if someone picked them up st my house they see I have a collection thatís worth breaking in for at a later time. And meeting up with them somewhere means hauling hundreds of pounds of card boxes somewhere and thereís a 50/50 chance they show with money and actually make the sale.
scotthenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:57 AM   #36
jhssketchcards
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,057
Default

Everything sells? Commons? I canít sell my large inventory of Baseball and football inserts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhssketchcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #37
premium1981
Member
 
premium1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Everything sells? Commons? I canít sell my large inventory of Baseball and football inserts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no demand it probably means you are asking too much.
premium1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #38
jhssketchcards
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
If there is no demand it probably means you are asking too much.


Maybe. For NFL, I have over 2,000 insert, Parallel, SP, Refractor, etc. from various years and all licensed. Itís mixed with stars, HOF, and some Rookies. There are lesser stars and some scrubs but every single card is a non Base card. They arenít common and there are a lot of cards that would sell for even $5 or more I just donít ha e time to sort and list. With baseball I have probably 2x that with inserts from sets like GQ, AG, Topps, etc. small percentage is Donruss. Basically if I busted product, I took out PC guys, autos, GU, SSP etc and all others went in there. I understand Iím not gonna get $1-2 per card for that large a lot, but Iíve asked .15 per. With baseball Iíve asked .12 per for a higher quantity. If there were an easier way to sell I would.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhssketchcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #39
Donovan
Member
 
Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CA.
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthenrichs View Post
I guess it wasnít the commons themselves Iím worried about getting held up over, itís if someone picked them up st my house they see I have a collection thatís worth breaking in for at a later time. And meeting up with them somewhere means hauling hundreds of pounds of card boxes somewhere and thereís a 50/50 chance they show with money and actually make the sale.
Don't invite them in your house and keep your teeth together about your collection. Meet them on your porch. "These were my brothers cards, I looked up most online and they appeared to be commons and minor stars."
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #40
Bowman1951
Member
 
Bowman1951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Woburn, MA
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Maybe. For NFL, I have over 2,000 insert, Parallel, SP, Refractor, etc. from various years and all licensed. Itís mixed with stars, HOF, and some Rookies. There are lesser stars and some scrubs but every single card is a non Base card. They arenít common and there are a lot of cards that would sell for even $5 or more I just donít ha e time to sort and list. With baseball I have probably 2x that with inserts from sets like GQ, AG, Topps, etc. small percentage is Donruss. Basically if I busted product, I took out PC guys, autos, GU, SSP etc and all others went in there. I understand Iím not gonna get $1-2 per card for that large a lot, but Iíve asked .15 per. With baseball Iíve asked .12 per for a higher quantity. If there were an easier way to sell I would.
You sound like the perfect candidate to get a COMC account going.
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #41
jhssketchcards
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman1951 View Post
You sound like the perfect candidate to get a COMC account going.


Iíve read about it but man it just seems complicated having to go in and manage all the prices. Iíve Berber done it so not sure if Iím over complicating things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhssketchcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #42
Bowman1951
Member
 
Bowman1951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Woburn, MA
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Iíve read about it but man it just seems complicated having to go in and manage all the prices. Iíve Berber done it so not sure if Iím over complicating things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Set it and forget it, maybe check in once every few weeks. It's really not all that difficult once you get the first few priced.

Once you have some sales rolling in, decide to run a sale here and there. It really isn't that much work in the end, you can put in as much time or as little time as you want.
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #43
jhssketchcards
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman1951 View Post
Set it and forget it, maybe check in once every few weeks. It's really not all that difficult once you get the first few priced.



Once you have some sales rolling in, decide to run a sale here and there. It really isn't that much work in the end, you can put in as much time or as little time as you want.


Ok I will check that out. In the meantime maybe someone will swoop in and save the day and take em all! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhssketchcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:45 PM   #44
quorthon13
Member
 
quorthon13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Washington state
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Maybe. For NFL, I have over 2,000 insert, Parallel, SP, Refractor, etc. from various years and all licensed. Itís mixed with stars, HOF, and some Rookies. There are lesser stars and some scrubs but every single card is a non Base card. They arenít common and there are a lot of cards that would sell for even $5 or more I just donít ha e time to sort and list. With baseball I have probably 2x that with inserts from sets like GQ, AG, Topps, etc. small percentage is Donruss. Basically if I busted product, I took out PC guys, autos, GU, SSP etc and all others went in there. I understand Iím not gonna get $1-2 per card for that large a lot, but Iíve asked .15 per. With baseball Iíve asked .12 per for a higher quantity. If there were an easier way to sell I would.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, in that quantity you are unlikely to get that much per card. It sounds a lot like a mostly inserts/stars lot i bought recently, was about 5,000 cards for $100.

If you really want to sell as a lot I would take out any $5 cards or anything with individual value, and then sell the rest of the lot at a lower amount per card.

To compare it to true commons lots - I bought a lot of around 30k junk era mostly commons for $20..... THE SELLER CAME OUT AHEAD!!!!

OP did really well if he was really selling mostly commons
__________________
---------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL0cfRFV-OSQ4sV1CVnus2CJLdTwUTDM7c
quorthon13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #45
LCM1223
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 13,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhssketchcards View Post
Everything sells? Commons?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much
__________________
Total Topps BUNT Profits: $832.40 KICK: $511.00 HUDDLE: $300.22 STAR WARS CARD TRADER: $1706.55
STAR WARS FORCE COLLECTION: $1318.14 TWD: $90.05 SKATE: $86.49
(I don't buy...ever...so don't ask)#FireKapler#CutMills#CutDarby#FireSchwartz
LCM1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #46
chippv
Member
 
chippv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Most that rob are doing so for quick cash items. Pawn shop/flea market items. Tools, precious metals, phones, video games etc. Not commons of baseball cards.

I sell on CL, OfferUp and Letgo regularly. Have had a several hundred transactions over the years. (Used to buy storage units and had a B&M store). Never been robbed. *knock on wood* I used to meet up at my house for all transactions until someone mentioned while at my house "I see you have a lot of items on Craigslist, you must have good security". Within a week we opened a store.

What I do-
Get as much info as possible. I make contact via email and phone. Get a name. Research their profile (applicable on OffferUP & Letgo). For CL I search their email/name. Many times I find their FB/IG or post on a MB talking about their hobby etc.

Someone always knows where I went and the other parties info. Bring a buddy when I did not feel secure.

Bring a weapon. I'm not allowed to have a gun but when my wife goes with she brings hers. Once when I was buying a few hundred in silver, the guys buddy in the car seemed nervous/anxious. My back was never to them and I kept touching my bulging side (intentionally making it look like I was checking my weapon). It was a sheathed knife, but better than nothing.

Arrive later than them. Even if I'm "first" I wait until they notify me they're there and I drive around their car looking to see how many people, size them up, look for people hiding to ambush.
Why are you not allowed a gun?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
__________________
Check out my stuff on ebay just click on my user name
chippv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #47
Donovan
Member
 
Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: CA.
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippv View Post
Why are you not allowed a gun?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Domestic Violence.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #48
chippv
Member
 
chippv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Domestic Violence.
Yikes. That is never good.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
__________________
Check out my stuff on ebay just click on my user name
chippv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.