Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #26
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinypsptitans View Post
Can anyone give me a refresher about the 1.6mill they passed on again?
He has Mike use the stack the Kettlemans gave him to find the rest of the money (was under the sink? or something I forget) and he hands it in versus taking it himself or splitting it with Mike. That way they have to go back to Kim and since he no longer has his part his couldn't come back to bite him. Basically so they take the plea deal and Kim no longer has the trouble she had for losing the case, so yet another move that was inspired by his feelings for her.

Last edited by xbignick; 02-16-2016 at 10:02 AM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #27
cjsayde

Really enjoyed the first episode. Talking Saul afterwards will be a pretty entertaining add-on to this season, too.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #28
Ray27Ray52

I DVR'ed the premiere last night since I wasn't feeling well and I knew I wouldn't be up for it. Plan on watching it later today. I'm sure it's going to be great.
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #29
Ray27Ray52

As I watched the Season 2 premiere last night I turned to my wife and told her how much I love this show. I love that nothing ever really happens and the slow deliberate pacing of each episode. This show is a character study. In real life there are many seemingly insignificant events that occur in our daily lives that add up to the person we are eventually going to be. They may not be noticeable at first but everything that happens, good and bad, shapes our character or lake thereof. We are baring witness to the person Jimmy is going to become. Show writers please take as long as you like. I'm just enjoying the ride.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #30
jrosales

Those Cinnabon scenes are depressing as hell. However, I LOVE that they kept up the Cinnabon continuity that originated during the next-to-last episode of Breaking Bad. That's the thing I love the most about this franchise- the continuity and excellent writing.

Always open to discussing sketch card commissions. Please PM me for my availability.
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #31
JohnRyno
Banned

Sticking that donkey broker with the heavy bar tab was solid. Slippin' Jimmy won't fade away.
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #32
ajlaxmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
As I watched the Season 2 premiere last night I turned to my wife and told her how much I love this show. I love that nothing ever really happens and the slow deliberate pacing of each episode. This show is a character study. In real life there are many seemingly insignificant events that occur in our daily lives that add up to the person we are eventually going to be. They may not be noticeable at first but everything that happens, good and bad, shapes our character or lake thereof. We are baring witness to the person Jimmy is going to become. Show writers please take as long as you like. I'm just enjoying the ride.
I agree with all this.

I picked up on the recognition of that Tequila pretty quickly, which for me is surprising.

I'm sorry, but this show kicks the sh*t out of walking dead, I only bring this up because they are both on. IMO, the walking dead is not a good show anymore, it used to be, before it became a repetitive zombie drama.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #33
Bostonsports1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
I agree with all this.

I picked up on the recognition of that Tequila pretty quickly, which for me is surprising.

I'm sorry, but this show kicks the sh*t out of walking dead, I only bring this up because they are both on. IMO, the walking dead is not a good show anymore, it used to be, before it became a repetitive zombie drama.
Agreed. I watch both and this show is definitely better.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #34
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandonw View Post
Pretty great epsisode. Enjoyed seeing jimmy get over on that guy. Same guy who's car got blown up by Walt. Didnt exactly understand what happened with the light switch though.
The light switch is a subtle foreshadowing of Jimmy becoming Saul. Saul does what he wants, when he wants, and is the master at making it seem like it was your idea. He is essentially told he can have the run of the place and do pretty much whatever he wants. Except touch that clearly marked light switch. So what does he do? He touches it, because he's Saul and he does whatever he wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandonw View Post
Gotcha. So basically just showing that even though he took the job he still isn't the old James McGill.

I don't know what everyone was expecting because obviously we knew he became a lawyer again at some point.
He took the job for Kim. Kim said their relationship has nothing to do with the job but Jimmy knows that won't always hold true. He needs to show stability and a steady income. While Kim and Jimmy had fun fleecing the douchebag broker he knows they can't do that all the time. He comes to this realization during their conversation in the bedroom the morning after their shenanigans.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #35
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
The light switch is a subtle foreshadowing of Jimmy becoming Saul. Saul does what he wants, when he wants, and is the master at making it seem like it was your idea. He is essentially told he can have the run of the place and do pretty much whatever he wants. Except touch that clearly marked light switch. So what does he do? He touches it, because he's Saul and he does whatever he wants.

He took the job for Kim. Kim said their relationship has nothing to do with the job but Jimmy knows that won't always hold true. He needs to show stability and a steady income. While Kim and Jimmy had fun fleecing the douchebag broker he knows they can't do that all the time. He comes to this realization during their conversation in the bedroom the morning after their shenanigans.
The way I understood it, he came to that realization while in the pool blowing up her phone while looking at the hot chick rubbing on that fat guy.

Then he made the phone call to that law firm.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #36
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales View Post
Those Cinnabon scenes are depressing as hell. However, I LOVE that they kept up the Cinnabon continuity that originated during the next-to-last episode of Breaking Bad. That's the thing I love the most about this franchise- the continuity and excellent writing.
Those dang parts made me really want a cinnamon bun.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:01 AM   #37
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
Really enjoyed the first episode. Talking Saul afterwards will be a pretty entertaining add-on to this season, too.
I think they're only doing those for the premiere and the finale later this year.
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #38
xbignick

Roughly $60,000? Sounds like the car.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:08 PM   #39
xbignick

Loved the piano opening, the awkwardness when his brother walked in, the negotiations with Mike. The pie story left a little to be desired for me, scene seemed to drag too long.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:36 AM   #40
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Loved the piano opening, the awkwardness when his brother walked in, the negotiations with Mike. The pie story left a little to be desired for me, scene seemed to drag too long.
My wife and I were cracking up at the pie bit with the cops, but damn Wexler was a buzzkill at the end.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #41
Shinypsptitans

Loved how the lawyer cup didn't fit into Saul's Mercedes....shows that even when he thinks he has a good thing, something always seems to go wrong or awry.

And what is that Mantle doing out of a toploader?

Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:01 AM   #42
jbrandonw

So did Mike give that $10,000 to Saul or the other dude? Or did he just pocket it for his trouble. Never saw him hand it off to anyone.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 AM   #43
jbrandonw

Quote:

I agree. Although I think it helps that I watched breaking bad, so I was already invested into the character. I could see how someone who didn't watch breaking bad could get annoyed.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:03 AM   #44
Ray27Ray52

Yet another first rate episode. Poor Jimmy just can't stay out of his own way. I think we are seeing great character development from Kim's character. On the surface it would seem strange that she would have any romantic interest at all in Jimmy but somehow Rhea Seehorn's layered performance makes it believable. Of course we all know her character is going to disappear eventually, probably due to Jimmy's shenanigans, but I hope the writers keep her around for awhile.

The whole pie interrogation story was pretty funny in my opinion. It illustrated Jimmy's amazing improvisational skills to perfection. Kim's fascination with Jimmy's storytelling and simultaneous repulsion of his fabrication of evidence was well done. One final thing.. it is inevitable that we will see that "World's 2nd greatest lawyer" cup being thrown from his vehicle at some point this season. We haven't seen the last of that cup.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #45
Ray27Ray52

It is disheartening that a great show such as this can only generate 2 pages worth of discussion. People are seriously missing out on one of the best shows on television.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #46
jrosales

'Squat Cobbler' is my new favorite word. That would make a great name for a rock band.

Always open to discussing sketch card commissions. Please PM me for my availability.
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #47
jetscollector10

Was anyone else really annoyed that none of the cards were in penny sleeves or toploaders? So unrealistic.

Flickr: Trade and sell
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146778375@N08/albums
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #48
no10pin

I love this show, definitely the one I look forward to the most at the moment!

The entire pie conversation had me cracking up. I love the change in the officers' attitude once he explained what the videos were. It gradually went from anger to disgust during the conversation.
no10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #49
no10pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
Was anyone else really annoyed that none of the cards were in penny sleeves or toploaders? So unrealistic.
LOL, that did crack me up too. The box looked like a monster box of commons where he would occasionally find his Jeter or his Mantle.
no10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #50
quackhead

Great show. You really have to have watched Breaking Bad to fully appreciate it. That Hummer was hilarious.
quackhead is offline   Reply With Quote