Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 12-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #5601
cocoscards

Thumbs up COMC Congrats on the Red Shooting Star on Ebay

Congratulations to COMC for becoming a Red Shooting Star on EBAY!!!!

Ebay Feedback Profile for COMC now has the Red Shooting Star as feedback score is now between 100,000 and 499,999.

Feedback left for others now at 743,132.

Any guesses on how long it takes them to get to 1,000,000 feedback left for others? My wild guess is July 16, 2018.

In celebration of this milestone how about a post about plans for EBAY?
cocoscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #5602
13goyankees13

Does anyone know what's up with the COMC Challenge? Only 3 different users have any points today, but one of them has over 6000 and another has nearly 5000. How are they getting in so often and no one else is?
Old 12-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #5603
mjohnatgt

We think its because they're employees of comc and get access to challenges before regular members do.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #5604
Swipe79

I have a feeling it's something else - could be as simple as the time of day that the challenges go live or it could be some way to test the system.

I've never paid attention to it much, is it the same people every time?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #5605
13goyankees13

Yes it seems like it's always the same few people. And their numbers have been going up all day.

The employee theory makes sense. It's just frustrating that COMC isn't more transparent as something is clearly off. I guess the COMC challenge just isn't that important to the site so they don't care as much about it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #5606
Swipe79

The challenges are generally available when they are processing cards - which doesn't usually occur on the weekend. I have a feeling if it is the same accounts, they are running tests of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Yes it seems like it's always the same few people. And their numbers have been going up all day.

The employee theory makes sense. It's just frustrating that COMC isn't more transparent as something is clearly off. I guess the COMC challenge just isn't that important to the site so they don't care as much about it.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #5607
Boophill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Does anyone know what's up with the COMC Challenge? Only 3 different users have any points today, but one of them has over 6000 and another has nearly 5000. How are they getting in so often and no one else is?
I emailed COMC about this yesterday. I've asked before and not gotten a response. It's like the users can block anyone else from access, or as someone else suggested, only certain users can access the challenges.
Boophill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #5608
Y2Hood

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

When did COMC start doing signature confirmation on their lowest tier shipping? Like, I'm super stoked they care enough to make sure I get my stuff, but since I didn't know it'd have signature confirmation, I wasn't worried about being awake for the mail. Then the doorbell woke me up and before I could get to the door, the delivery attempt notice was there.

Here's to tomorrow.

myslabs.to/Y2Hood
Y2Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #5609
3124508 on COMC
BODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Hood View Post
When did COMC start doing signature confirmation on their lowest tier shipping? Like, I'm super stoked they care enough to make sure I get my stuff, but since I didn't know it'd have signature confirmation, I wasn't worried about being awake for the mail. Then the doorbell woke me up and before I could get to the door, the delivery attempt notice was there.

Here's to tomorrow.
If you sneeze and order over $250 in cards you'll get signature confirmation no matter what.
3124508 on COMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #5610
Y2Hood

Send a message via Yahoo to Y2Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
If you sneeze and order over $250 in cards you'll get signature confirmation no matter what.
That's great that they do that, it really is. I wish they would have indicated this intel at the time of order, though. I'm about to the point of only hitting "ship" at the end of November now so I may have missed a memo.

Thanks though. My order did exceed $250 so that makes sense.

myslabs.to/Y2Hood
Y2Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #5611
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3124508 on COMC View Post
COMC has been doing that for years...even if you don't ask for it, it'll happen. They say it's to ensure the safety of the package for the customer, but they're just covering their own butt - it's a good policy, don't get me wrong, but it just needs to be better communicated by the company. People need to know to be home when the package arrives or that they have to change the shipping address to a place where someone will be available to receive the order.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #5612
JasonZan

I have some cards I’m wanting to buy on comc. I haven’t bought on there in a while and I have them storing my previous purchases. When I go to checkout to pay it wants 3.99 shipping which is fine but can’t I just have them store the cards I’m purchasing? I’m confused. Thanks
Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #5613
Swipe79

I think you have to use store credit to purchase the cards if you want to store on site. It sounds like you're using the cart to checkout.

If you have funds, I usually just go to the Make Offer area and buy them by seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZan View Post
I have some cards I’m wanting to buy on comc. I haven’t bought on there in a while and I have them storing my previous purchases. When I go to checkout to pay it wants 3.99 shipping which is fine but can’t I just have them store the cards I’m purchasing? I’m confused. Thanks
Old 01-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #5614
okumeister

Does anybody here live out of the US and still have COCM account to manage/store/sell your cards?
If you do, do you feel any disadvantage in doing so compared to when you were managing them in US, besides the fact that you have to pay more if you want to ship new cards to COMC?

I'm an expat from Japan, been here for 2 years, but will probably be going back to Japan by end of the year.
During this short period of time, I got hooked into collecting, and while I have many cards that I want to bring back to Japan, there are plenty of cards that I just want to sell off but won't be able to due to the time limitation.
I was thinking of maybe sending all those cards to COMC as a "storage", and use the funds I get from there to buy other people's cards listed in COMC or redeem as BO gift cert after a while, so I can buy boxes/cases from BO (which to be sent to Japan).

Appreciate if anybody can advise their experience of managing their COMC account overseas.
It might even be restricted to have the account overseas (due to not having US credit card, valid US address etc), but I could not find such exact infos on their website.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #5615
VeedonFleece

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post
Does anybody here live out of the US and still have COCM account to manage/store/sell your cards?
If you do, do you feel any disadvantage in doing so compared to when you were managing them in US, besides the fact that you have to pay more if you want to ship new cards to COMC?

I'm an expat from Japan, been here for 2 years, but will probably be going back to Japan by end of the year.
During this short period of time, I got hooked into collecting, and while I have many cards that I want to bring back to Japan, there are plenty of cards that I just want to sell off but won't be able to due to the time limitation.
I was thinking of maybe sending all those cards to COMC as a "storage", and use the funds I get from there to buy other people's cards listed in COMC or redeem as BO gift cert after a while, so I can buy boxes/cases from BO (which to be sent to Japan).

Appreciate if anybody can advise their experience of managing their COMC account overseas.
It might even be restricted to have the account overseas (due to not having US credit card, valid US address etc), but I could not find such exact infos on their website.
I'm in the UK. Never had any issues.

Plenty of international users on COMC.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #5616
Rictor

Any sellers know of any software or a script for managing your COMC inventory? I've only been on the site a few months, and I'm already up to 14,000 cards, and I plan on submitting more every month. Repricing and such would go a lot more quickly if there were some better tools out there.
Rictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #5617
mjohnatgt

They used to have the COMC Bulk Pricing tool, which was an executable that worked on an Access backbone (IIRC), but that broke a year ago and they haven't fixed it yet.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #5618
JustinVerlander07

I sent in a submission, I had the estimate at 1526, I may have been a few off either way. Anyway, it magically went down to about 1100 one day, nothing uploaded, at that point I didn't even have notice if any/how many cards they rejected. My rejected cards totaled 130 cards. I didn't get charged $3 if my estimate was somehow that far off. What do I do from here (besides wait till the end to see if they all magically pop back up or notice if a card wasn't uploaded that I sent)? I've already emailed COMC multiple times, they only responded once basically saying I'm wrong. I've had about 300-400 cards from my submission uploaded. It doesn't add up.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #5619
checkoutmydeals

I'd let it run its course. 1100 sounds suspiciously like an estimate of two 550 count card boxes. These days, they have a tendency to break submissions into groups and process similar items together. Eventually, the count should all add up, but in the middle of a batch, the numbers can get wonky.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #5620
adamdavidson47

Quote:
Originally Posted by okumeister View Post

The only cost difference would be shipping to and from COMC. That's it. Everything else is the same for everyone anywhere in the world.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #5621
cocoscards

Looks like they just went over 1,000,000 feedback left for others now at 1,003,078.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoscards View Post
Congratulations to COMC for becoming a Red Shooting Star on EBAY!!!!

Ebay Feedback Profile for COMC now has the Red Shooting Star as feedback score is now between 100,000 and 499,999.

Feedback left for others now at 743,132.

Any guesses on how long it takes them to get to 1,000,000 feedback left for others? My wild guess is July 16, 2018.

In celebration of this milestone how about a post about plans for EBAY?
cocoscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #5622
SicilianSlim

First time sending off to COMC. Will COMC accept slightly smeared autographs?

Also is there any point in selling cards for 30 cents?

Last edited by SicilianSlim; 07-25-2018 at 01:37 AM.
SicilianSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:03 AM   #5623
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
I sent in a submission, I had the estimate at 1526, I may have been a few off either way. Anyway, it magically went down to about 1100 one day, nothing uploaded, at that point I didn't even have notice if any/how many cards they rejected. My rejected cards totaled 130 cards. I didn't get charged $3 if my estimate was somehow that far off. What do I do from here (besides wait till the end to see if they all magically pop back up or notice if a card wasn't uploaded that I sent)? I've already emailed COMC multiple times, they only responded once basically saying I'm wrong. I've had about 300-400 cards from my submission uploaded. It doesn't add up.
They do their own estimates. I used to count exactly and once they were off by 400 cards. I wouldn't worry, but if they try to charge the $3, I would complain.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:08 AM   #5624
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZan View Post
You need to turn on Advanced Reselling Mode, under Profile & Options. By doing so, you can also avoid the 25 cent shipping fees until you are ready to ship them.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #5625
mjohnatgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianSlim View Post
First time sending off to COMC. Will COMC accept slightly smeared autographs?

Also is there any point in selling cards for 30 cents?
COMC accepts all cards. You'll just want to price the card accordingly if the auto is smeared. For your first submission, I recommend sending only cards that would sell for $1 or more. No reason to sell a card for the same amount it costs you to process it. I wrote a basics of COMC post:

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...ghlight=primer