Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 07-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
mcgahee21nfl

Default BGS defaulting on guaranteed time frames to COMC - COMC not making good

Update 7/11/18 @ 6:30: COMC has refunded my 6 grading orders that did not meet the deadline guarantee. All it took was opening a BBB case against them. Refund sent at the same time as their reply to BBB to resolve the issue.

Just emailed COMC regarding the 3 and 6 week guarantee'd BGS gradings. My cards are well past the 6 week deadline now, and have heard others are the same.

COMC stopped the BGS non-guaranteed service level in January, and then announced in April that they were increasing the rates on their 3 and 6 week guaranteed options.

Now, COMC says there is nothing they can do about the guarantee, that it was just the way BGS advertised it, and its "out of their control".

Don't know what to think. Seems like none of these companies ever want to do the right thing.

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 07-11-2018 at 06:34 PM.
mcgahee21nfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
KhalDrogo

Seems like COMC's problem, as we know there is no 6 week guarantee at BGS. If COMC and BGS came to an agreement, COMC should sue them for breech of contract. And in turn, you should be compensated.
KhalDrogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Seems like COMC's problem, as we know there is no 6 week guarantee at BGS. If COMC and BGS came to an agreement, COMC should sue them for breech of contract. And in turn, you should be compensated.
My thoughts exactly. This is a link to the last update for the services that they offered....

https://blog.comc.com/2018/04/23/bgs...rvices-update/

They couldn't be any more clear that collectors expect guaranteed and accurate times, and that the service is for guaranteed times.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #4
majestik101

what an absolute mess
Old 07-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
mcgahee21nfl

Now looking and seeing that COMC charged a minimum of $23.00 per card graded...

the last time jewcer ran a 10 day group submission before it was suspended he charged $15.00 per card. Which was for 10 day guaranteed.

So for COMC to say that this is not guaranteed and its simply on BGS is a hard pill to swallow.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Now looking and seeing that COMC charged a minimum of $23.00 per card graded...

the last time jewcer ran a 10 day group submission before it was suspended he charged $15.00 per card. Which was for 10 day guaranteed.

So for COMC to say that this is not guaranteed and its simply on BGS is a hard pill to swallow.
It was guaranteed, sort of (which means it wasn't guaranteed but it wasn't their non guaranteed service).

COMC most likely got a discount, paid their discounted rate, charged you whatever they wanted and claimed it was guaranteed not knowing the full terms of their agreement with beckett.
jewcer2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #7
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
It was guaranteed, sort of (which means it wasn't guaranteed but it wasn't their non guaranteed service).

COMC most likely got a discount, paid their discounted rate, charged you whatever they wanted and claimed it was guaranteed not knowing the full terms of their agreement with beckett.
Sounds about right. Pretty shameful to pay a discounted rate, up charge like crazy and call it guaranteed, and then not making good on the guarantee. Thats why here I don't feel bad in the least for COMC. Its like saying you are going to insure something without purchasing insurance. You are charging more and going to pay the insurance money if something happens. In this case, they were charging roughly triple the cost if it wasn't the 10 day guaranteed service they were getting from BGS?

Was BGS 10 day not guaranteed though? I'm reading this post from when they suspended it that says that it was a money-back guarantee. I probably just misread your post a little but wanted to clarify...
Old 07-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Sounds about right. Pretty shameful to pay a discounted rate, up charge like crazy and call it guaranteed, and then not making good on the guarantee. Thats why here I don't feel bad in the least for COMC. Its like saying you are going to insure something without purchasing insurance. You are charging more and going to pay the insurance money if something happens. In this case, they were charging roughly triple the cost if it wasn't the 10 day guaranteed service they were getting from BGS?

Was BGS 10 day not guaranteed though? I'm reading this post from when they suspended it that says that it was a money-back guarantee. I probably just misread your post a little but wanted to clarify...
All service levels are guaranteed if you pay full sheet price and don't receive any discount at all. Even if you pay $1 for auto's instead of $2 that voids your guarantee. It is fine print but it does say it.

This is why I only charge a slight premium above what I pay. If they are paying near my discounted rate (especially before the bump in May) and charging $20+ per card they are pigs.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
All service levels are guaranteed if you pay full sheet price and don't receive any discount at all. Even if you pay $1 for auto's instead of $2 that voids your guarantee. It is fine print but it does say it.

This is why I only charge a slight premium above what I pay. If they are paying near my discounted rate (especially before the bump in May) and charging $20+ per card they are pigs.
Yeah they were $20+ on every single card going back to early last year at the latest.

Then they bumped up to $23+ on every card around May.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #10
jewcer2k5

Quote:
Yeah they were $20+ on every single card going back to early last year at the latest.

Then they bumped up to $23+ on every card around May.
Greedy pigs.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #11
Jonathon M

If you use COMC for BGS, you need a 9.5 or better just to break even!
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:11 AM   #12
adamdavidson47

Anyone who pays what COMC charges for grading is out of their damn mind.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #13
ih8ca

I believe its comc store credit. So that helps a little.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #14
checkoutmydeals

It's COMC store credit, which cashes out at 80%.

So $23 is the cash equivalent of $18.40.

This also includes shipping to BGS and processing the card into COMC's inventory when the card arrives.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #15
nabzy28

How has this whole thing not turned into litigation against BGS and PSA? Thousands of customers, all screwed over, violation of contract, holding items, has to be millions of dollars worth of cards and no one has any recourse.
Will 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 be the year Panini finds Marvin Harrison & Marcus Allen to sign their NFL's Greatest Signatures cards? 05/08/18: Replacements requested. Let's see what happens...
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #16
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
It's COMC store credit, which cashes out at 80%.

So $23 is the cash equivalent of $18.40.

This also includes shipping to BGS and processing the card into COMC's inventory when the card arrives.
No, $23 is the cash equivalent of $23. Thats how much COMC gets from me every time I deposit $23 into my account. If I fund my account, which EVERYONE does, in order for there to be money on the site to begin with... they are charging $23.

For you to say that store credit is simply worth 80% because when you cash out it is $18.40 is just a mockery of the situation.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #17
mcgahee21nfl

Issue resolved. Got refund from COMC for the grading fees.