allen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #51
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Not to mention no buyer should be paying for insurance anyway since they are covered by eBay/PayPal.
Yes. The insurance is certainly not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinsdude View Post
It would cost a normal person $15 to ship those items UPS. Someone with a negotiated business account with UPS, probably under $10. This is the definition of penny wise dollar foolish
I really wanted to see what they actually paid and was hoping the label would say. I have half a mind to take the box to the UPS store and get a quote to ship it myself. They're effectively charging $15-20 for insurance I don't want or need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Have you ever mentioned PWCC in a bad way on the forums?
Prior to this thread, the closest I've ever come to speaking poorly about them is saying that I'm sure there are times when a friend of someone who's consigned with them has put in bids to bump up sale prices of a few auctions. I had always maintained that I was a happy customer of theirs who felt like my purchases from them were more than fair.

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #52
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I have purchased many a deal from PWCC. I've always been happy. I've never felt as if I've been shilled/ripped off
Just one of many available examples of me speaking well of PWCC in the past. They lost a legitimate customer over $15 worth of BS.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #53
mrdallas

Just jumped on this thread so I probably missed a lot of good points but I am not a fan of PWCC for many reasons. Just another to add to my list.

They sell how many items per month? 20K? More? If they are breaking eBay policy and making extra money on shipping (And I am not talking about charging extra for shipping materials, etc.) but money in pocket. How much extra per month are they making? $20K a month or more just on additional shipping? Seems pretty bad IMHO
mrdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #54
Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
Just jumped on this thread so I probably missed a lot of good points but I am not a fan of PWCC for many reasons. Just another to add to my list.

They sell how many items per month? 20K? More? If they are breaking eBay policy and making extra money on shipping (And I am not talking about charging extra for shipping materials, etc.) but money in pocket. How much extra per month are they making? $20K a month or more just on additional shipping? Seems pretty bad IMHO
But eBay collects fees on that shipping as well. So every cent they steal eBay gets a cut. That's why they turn a blind eye.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #55
mrdallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
But eBay collects fees on that shipping as well. So every cent they steal eBay gets a cut. That's why they turn a blind eye.
I agree 100%. Some are above the rules and it sucks
mrdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #56
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post

Their shipping rates already start high. I think their base rate to ship even a single card is like $4. Granted, they arrive VERY well packaged and in new mailers/bubble wrap (they obviously buy in bulk so it's not like this is a big cost for them). I was fine getting charged an extra $ for new, fast, reliable shipping. I just included that cost into my bidding. However, when I'm getting railroaded for $15 more than I expect, I'm not cool with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Very likely. I haven't heard from either eBay or PWCC. I doubt I will. PWCC obviously doesn't care about losing me as a customer and I'm certain eBay doesn't care about PWCC ripping me off for the reasons you stated.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #57
Siberian13

Quote:
Very likely. I haven't heard from either eBay or PWCC. I doubt I will. PWCC obviously doesn't care about losing me as a customer and I'm certain eBay doesn't care about PWCC ripping me off for the reasons you stated.
You want me to reach out to them? I'll act like I have a huge collection of high end stuff to get their attention. Then you just give me the questions to hit them up with
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #58
ssbledsoe

Quote:
You want me to reach out to them? I'll act like I have a huge collection of high end stuff to get their attention. Then you just give me the questions to hit them up with
Saying you have a bunch of Chris Chandler cards should get their attention

Old 07-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #59
Siberian13

Quote:
Saying you have a bunch of Chris Chandler cards should get their attention
That's Chris Chandelier to you bud
Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #60
ssbledsoe

Welp. As suspected, not only did eBay not GAF about PWCC ripping me/people off; not only did PWCC ignore my messages; eBay DELETED my negative feedback of PWCC on these items.

What an effing sham...

I actually called and spoke w/ eBay about this. Their response for the feedback removal:
The first answer was that the feedback was verifiably contradictory to what was on eBay. "Jeff" (feedback department phone guy) said that it was because the seller made their shipping time. Jeff was a very nice guy and put in a considerable amount of effort, and went back looking into more information and came back with:
The seller made their shipping time (I paid on Friday 6/22; PWCC shipped Monday 6/25; package arrived Monday 7/2) and thus my mention of "exceedingly low shipping" when the seller "met their required shipping time" is what led to the feedback removal. Ok. So instead of revising the slow part, they removed the rest of the reference to being overcharged for shipping...

Ultimately, the feedback is gone forever. I did ask Jeff to submit a report to the listings department for their contradictory language w/ their shipping terms. Again, I have no illusions that this will be taken any further or anything will come from it, but at least I've said my peace.

Side note, after seeing all of this, I was curious to see if they blocked me on eBay and was able to confirm that they did. I'm now officially blocked on eBay by imac, bigboyd, and PWCC. The lesson to be learned is to not call out scammers. They don't like attention brought on the shady spit they pull...

Old 07-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #61
cardmole

Your efforts have no doubt helped some of us in the forum - i've never dealt with these guys and now never will.
cardmole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #62
Siberian13

Just let me know if you ever see anything there you want and Iíll put some bids in for you
Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #63
dodgernoot

Quote:
Just let me know if you ever see anything there you want and Iíll put some bids in for you
O great, now he can pay PWCC for shipping and you too!

For what its worth, they do have a neutral feedback saying that shipping was x3 the value of the item (Buckey Dent Autographed Envelope for $4.25). But even with your neg they would still be a 5 star with %100
dodgernoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #64
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgernoot View Post

For what its worth, they do have a neutral feedback saying that shipping was x3 the value of the item (Buckey Dent Autographed Envelope for $4.25). But even with your neg they would still be a 5 star with %100
He would pay me zero
Old 07-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #65
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmole View Post
Your efforts have no doubt helped some of us in the forum - i've never dealt with these guys and now never will.
I figured this forum would be a much more effective tool for spreading the word than leaving the negative feedback ever would be. Hell, removing the negative feedback irked me enough to make sure my complaints were forwarded on to the listing department after the phone call lol.

Quote:
Appreciate the offer

I do find it funny that they blocked me. How many guys here have a "buying account" and a "selling account"? Or a wifes account? Or a childhood address account? An account linked to a work address. An account with a PO Box address. There's a million ways around it if I wanted to do business with them. It's like they read this thread where I already said I was avoiding them, and they were like, "oh yeah, well we're blocking you so you don't have to worry about it?!?!" Boy howdy, they sure got me there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgernoot View Post

I knew the feedback wouldn't make any sort of ripple with their volume, which is why I made this thread. At least they can't remove my thread...unless the mods decide to do so. I don't think I've broken any rules in this thread, and I'll use this as my venting point.

Quote:
He would pay me zero
I'd still have to furnish an address to you for me to get my items... That's pretty pricey

Old 07-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #66
bigboyd3

Quote:
I'm now officially blocked on eBay by imac, bigboyd, and PWCC. The lesson to be learned is to not call out scammers. They don't like attention brought on the shady spit they pull...
FWIW, you were blocked because you left us bad feedback on an item purchased. The card had damage that we missed when listing, we offered to refund and let you keep the card. You left bad feedback anyway. If you want me to unblock you, I can.
bigboyd3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #67
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyd3 View Post
FWIW, you were blocked because you left us bad feedback on an item purchased. The card had damage that we missed when listing, we offered to refund and let you keep the card. You left bad feedback anyway. If you want me to unblock you, I can.
So you guys block anyone who leaves bad feedback, even if itís warranted?
Old 07-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #68
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Weíre good. The refund offer was after essentially calling me a scammer w/ buyers remorse.

Quote:
It certainly seems that way...

Old 07-14-2018, 03:46 AM   #69
boston12

Quote:
Can you finally put that 2010 Topps Chrome Gronkowski Red Refractor up for auction? That buy it now price hasnít moved in 3 years. Iíll leave positive feedback. Thanks.
boston12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #70
seth2720

I'm glad I'm not an international buyer trying to buy from these guys. Charges must be through the roof. Some of these pricier cards are $10 to ship in the US........
Old 07-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #71
bigboyd3

Quote:
Weíre good. The refund offer was after essentially calling me a scammer w/ buyers remorse.

I don't believe this was true, have never used the word scammer before. You had asked about condition of card, I told you the card didn't have any issues, but I was wrong. The card did have a crease. I don't have my sent emails on file, only your emails are there. You were upset that we "locked up your funds for a week waiting for the card" so offered to refund and you could just keep card, but you chose to return and leave bad feedback. It is what it is, not worth arguing over. If you ever want unblocked, just let me know..

Quote:
I don't remember, it has been a long time since we received bad feedback.. but I don't know why anyone would want to do business with us in the future if they left us bad feedback. We will always try to make buyer happy if there is an issue.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #72
bigboyd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston12 View Post
Can you finally put that 2010 Topps Chrome Gronkowski Red Refractor up for auction? That buy it now price hasnít moved in 3 years. Iíll leave positive feedback. Thanks.
lol, maybe when the season starts... Card actually sold twice.. One time buyer didn't pay. Second time buyer returned because of buyer's remorse.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #73
bigboyd3

And to contribute to this thread... We have purchased a lot from PWCC over the years and it seems like their shipping prices went up when they went to UPS shipping on expensive shipments as they are fully insuring thru UPS. Doesn't really explain $30 shipping for a cheap box, but it was stated as $30 shipping, I will always bid based on shipping price stated. Their combined table for shipping is based on single cards, not boxes, which they should probably state somewhere and use a different listing template for boxes..
Old 07-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #74
Siberian13

Quote:
I don't remember, it has been a long time since we received bad feedback.. but I don't know why anyone would want to do business with us in the future if they left us bad feedback. We will always try to make buyer happy if there is an issue.
Pretty sure you didnít answer the question
Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #75
ssbledsoe

Quote:
So, this card was relisted on eBay: Aaron Dobson 99 $150 Patriot Rookie Logo Patch Auto RC 2013 National Treasures | eBay
I purchased (and returned) this card on Aaron Dobson 99 $150 Patriot Rookie Logo Patch Auto RC 2013 National Treasures | eBay. I even asked about the crease in the original listing and I was told that "it was just a line and that the card was not damaged." Of course when I opened a case to return, the seller fed a line of BS that "he was going from memory and that it was at his shipping center at the time I asked."
Of course this is the same seller that claims he uses stock photos when something is wrong with a card (fake rookie premiere auto, fake patch, etc).
Bottom line, this seller is always full of excuses and BS. I purposefully waited to drop the neg on the original auction knowing this seller would relist the card without disclosing the condition issue. I just hope the timing of my feedback can save someone some trouble and from wasting $5 in shipping costs.
I'm sure there are plenty of you that will not be shocked by any of this.
Quote:
I used to think similarly, but it's becoming increasingly clear that he only cares about himself and has no ethics or sincerity.

He accused me through eBay messaging of this being related to a deal he backed out of with me. The guys sleazy, no doubt about it.

He claims, again that he wasn't the one who relisted the card. He also claims that the damage is visible in the scan and that there needs to be no notation. Yet, he tells me something completely different last month. He's a liar and full of it. I'd love to know how big his operation truly is. He's constantly talking about employees and different warehouses/centers, but all of his communication is exclusively through him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston12 View Post
Those Red Refractors are gorgeous! I hope you get one soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth2720 View Post
I'm glad I'm not an international buyer trying to buy from these guys. Charges must be through the roof. Some of these pricier cards are $10 to ship in the US........
And all of that cost is tied up paying outrageous rates for ďself insurance.Ē

Quote:
I don't believe this was true, have never used the word scammer before. You had asked about condition of card, I told you the card didn't have any issues, but I was wrong. The card did have a crease. I don't have my sent emails on file, only your emails are there. You were upset that we "locked up your funds for a week waiting for the card" so offered to refund and you could just keep card, but you chose to return and leave bad feedback. It is what it is, not worth arguing over. If you ever want unblocked, just let me know..

I donít have the messages anymore, but I do have the thread about it See the quotes above. You may have never used the word scammer, but it was certainly implied.

Quote:
And to contribute to this thread... We have purchased a lot from PWCC over the years and it seems like their shipping prices went up when they went to UPS shipping on expensive shipments as they are fully insuring thru UPS. Doesn't really explain $30 shipping for a cheap box, but it was stated as $30 shipping, I will always bid based on shipping price stated. Their combined table for shipping is based on single cards, not boxes, which they should probably state somewhere and use a different listing template for boxes..
At no point did I reference the combined shipping table. Iíve repeatedly pointed out where PWCCís shipping terms say the invoice will reflect ACTUAL shipping prices. Thereís a zero percent chance anyone that actually reads the auction listing should expect to pay $30 for shipping. Especially when the other box had a $20 ďguesstimate.Ē

Quote:
Pretty sure you didnít answer the question
The answer is preemptive blocking because you had one bad experience. Itís some pretty flimsy logic. Based on his logic, youíd NEVER buy from anyone who has ever had negative feedback. Itís insane to think that leaving negative feedback automatically precludes someone from ever dealing with that person again. Iíve had several IRL experiences that I would classify as worthy of negative feedback. Itís be like that store 86ing me because I had the gall to appropriately rate them on that experience. That said, I donít want to deal with anyone that preemptively blocks people like this, so Iím fine being blocked by both PWCC & BigBoyd.

Again, if I REALLY want something theyíre selling, I have several ways to buy from them if I so choose. Iíd find a way to buy a Bledsoe 2009 BTL ďOĒ if either of them were to list any 1 of the 3...