Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
MaCedi

Default High End Topps Redemption Request Sub Success

I have never requested a sub on a topps redemption. I have a couple high enders ($800-$1000) in my open redemptions that have been there for a long time and am being more and more tempted to request a sub. Does anyone have experience with a requested sub on a high end? If so, how successful was it? Thanks.
MaCedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
Philobeddo

No but every sub that I have requested I got shafted on...last one I did was a jadevon clowney rc the handprint signature from triple threads and I got a Joe buck rpa from strata or some crap like that...but it was /5 🤮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philobeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
rj.cataldo

Iíve had a Griffey / frank Thomas five star dual auto patch book /10 open for almost 5 years and every time I try to fulfill or sub they give terrible valuations, offer something like a frank Thomas auto /75.

Topps is awful when it comes to redemption subs. I would suggest holding out longer if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rj.cataldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
sickmantz

I've done well. If they try to shaft you, you can do some research (look up prices/values), make your case and ask that they do better.

It also helps if you give them some specific options. For example, I was able to get a Manny Machado 2010 BCP Auto out of them back around 2010/2011 after they tried to shaft me. I don't remember what they tried to give me instead, but the value of the Machado was comparable to what I was owed.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
MaCedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmantz View Post
I've done well. If they try to shaft you, you can do some research (look up prices/values), make your case and ask that they do better.

It also helps if you give them some specific options. For example, I was able to get a Manny Machado 2010 BCP Auto out of them back around 2010/2011 after they tried to shaft me. I don't remember what they tried to give me instead, but the value of the Machado was comparable to what I was owed.
Did you send back what they mailed you or did you pick something before anything was mailed?
MaCedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
notoriousrmb

Had a $100 card replaced with a Mike Olt Chrome Blue Refractor that sells for 99 cents. Tried to argue it and was told to pound sand, it was fair based on their evaluation of both cards.

Redemptions suck. Substitutions for redemptions tend to suck more.
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
HeritageKing

No such thing as an 800 dollar card according to topps no way they agree with that number unless its in beckett.
#2 Topps Heritage Autograph Collector
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #8
TheFreeShipper

Default High End Topps Redemption Request Sub Success

Not high end, but I requested a sub for a 2018 Base Tribute Auto of Daniel Murphy and a
2014 Topps Supreme Auto D Keuchel /15 is on the way.
Not a big supreme fan, but a base for a /15 isnít bad. Even if the sticker will probably be crooked.

I have a Harper redemption I canít bring myself to substituting.
TheFreeShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
TheWrightStuff

Just DO NOT hit the request Sub button online. IF you want to do it, call and speak to a ive person and see what valuation they will give the card see what they can offer as a substitute. If you hit the button online, youll pretty much be screwed and there isn't anything you can do about it. Call and talk to them first.
TheWrightStuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #10
rob024420

Requested a sub on a TTT Jose Fernandez auto I pulled after his death. Received an on card Ernie Banks auto #'d out of 60.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #11
swise0121

I have a 2017 TTT deca patch auto book /10 of all the good rookies ( judge, Bergman, belly, Benny, etc) pending. I've emailed them about six or seven times and get the same response every time, if I even get a response at all.
swise0121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrightStuff View Post
Just DO NOT hit the request Sub button online. IF you want to do it, call and speak to a ive person and see what valuation they will give the card see what they can offer as a substitute. If you hit the button online, youll pretty much be screwed and there isn't anything you can do about it. Call and talk to them first.
It doesn't work anyways, I have been clicking it on one of my open redemptions for over a year...

smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #13
tlschwerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreeShipper View Post
Not high end, but I requested a sub for a 2018 Base Tribute Auto of Daniel Murphy and a
2014 Topps Supreme Auto D Keuchel /15 is on the way.
Not a big supreme fan, but a base for a /15 isnít bad. Even if the sticker will probably be crooked.

I have a Harper redemption I canít bring myself to substituting.
Interested in your case specifically, as I too had a Daniel Murphy redemption I subbed out. Mine was TTT from last year, and couldn't care less about Murphy. Was told the value of my card was $60 (which I was shocked by). Hoping I get something semi-good in return.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #14
yrocks2001

My craziest ever sub which is even crazier now I subbed a Moustakas Finest refractor auto rookie #/10 and a Nolan Arenado Heritage Minors autograph which was never made for a Miguel Cabrera allen & ginter auto sp /100 and a JD Martinez bowman chrome red refractor autograph #/5 which I sold about 5 years too soon.
yrocks2001 is online now   Reply With Quote