Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #26
ssbledsoe

Bindi Irwin made a pretty good point:
Both people with strong opinions on the subject are little children throwing tantrums and creating more issues as opposed to actually fixing stuff.

It kind of reminds me how my coworkers put more effort into avoiding work than if they would have sat down, shut up, and worked on the task at hand.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #27
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Bindi Irwin made a pretty good point:
Both people with strong opinions on the subject are little children throwing tantrums and creating more issues as opposed to actually fixing stuff.

It kind of reminds me how my coworkers put more effort into avoiding work than if they would have sat down, shut up, and worked on the task at hand.
This is a problem in every company I've worked for.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #28
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
This is a problem in every company I've worked for.
Can't argue with you there. I think it's part of the sit around and wait for work to appear culture.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #29
chris_ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I walked up to my Boss today. I told him I was going to make a political scene, that most of his customers do NOT want to see.

I told him I would do so in front of all of his clients. That I want to force my agenda on them, while on the clock, since it gives me the biggest podium to do so.

You should have seen the look on his face!

This is not about the message. I would think most people agree with that. It is about the place they are doing it. They are doing it, unapproved by the League, while being televised globally. That is not the image their employers want to send.

If they wanted to do so during a Supermarket opening, or during an autograph appearance. Fine! No issues. But not on the clock, and while most of the stadium is standing in tribute to the flag which represents everything Americans hold dear.
2 problems here. 1, kneeling or fist pumping silently during the anthem is not forcing an agenda. They’re not even in the middle of the field doing it. 2, a flag representing that much is hogwash. You can appreciate this country without pledging allegiance (another stupid school tradition). Flags don’t have merit anymore because we don’t live in the medieval ages where family crests on flags were wielded during war. Same logic goes for you can be a good, honest person who knows right from wrong without religion at all.

The Australian is correct, this country is pretty messed up at this point. We’re living in 2 Americas until the older generations pass away enough where they are not voting for politicians with archaic traditions, standards, and ideologies for social and economic responsibility.

Anybody offended right now by this flag stuff needs to find a place to rest permanently. We’ve got much bigger problems in this country than the anthem at any event.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #30
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
2 problems here. 1, kneeling or fist pumping silently during the anthem is not forcing an agenda. They’re not even in the middle of the field doing it. 2, a flag representing that much is hogwash. You can appreciate this country without pledging allegiance (another stupid school tradition). Flags don’t have merit anymore because we don’t live in the medieval ages where family crests on flags were wielded during war. Same logic goes for you can be a good, honest person who knows right from wrong without religion at all.

The Australian is correct, this country is pretty messed up at this point. We’re living in 2 Americas until the older generations pass away enough where they are not voting for politicians with archaic traditions, standards, and ideologies for social and economic responsibility.

Anybody offended right now by this flag stuff needs to find a place to rest permanently. We’ve got much bigger problems in this country than the anthem at any event.
Some just don't get it. Yes they are forcing an agenda, why else would they do it. I can't believe I just read that the American flag has no merit, from an American. Wow. I'll agree that we live in a messed up country. Some of the biggest downfallls in America are from the "younger" generation wanting to change things that are tried and true. Not to say all change is bad, but it isn't always good. I will also agree to your last sentence.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #31
preakness

What ever happened to Al Sharpton?
Old 10-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #32
dbackschamp2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
What ever happened to Al Sharpton?
Got caught sending out penis pics.

Wait... that was Brett Favre. I always get those two mixed up.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #33
bmp8878

Quote:

Not really sure how to repond to this without taking a week vacation from here.

How old are you and what do you do for a living? Just curious?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #34
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmp8878 View Post

He must be waiting awhile because I'm 37 and I believe most of what he wrote is complete garbage. Instilling love and allegiance for ones nation is very important, especially at an early age. If the majority of the younger generation honestly believes the flag means nothing it really says something about that generation. I tend to believe as people grow older their views and ideals change and I would hope this is the case here.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #35
chris_ac

Quote:

My father is in the baby boomer generation and agrees with my sentiment. He knows first hand it is a legion of old white farts who are hurting this country.

Secondly, I’m 32 and don’t do anything for a living because I have been terminally ill since I was born. I have Cystic Fibrosis and there is no cure. I have been in a hospital more times than you have fingers and toes. And the current politicians think I could have chosen a healhier lifestyle and thus I’m a burden on society so my healthcare should be taken away.

Now you know why I despise this half of America and the voter base that perpetrates this evil. Same people who hide behind a flag and tell me patriotic BS.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #36
bmp8878

Quote:
My father is in the baby boomer generation and agrees with my sentiment. He knows first hand it is a legion of old white farts who are hurting this country.

Secondly, I’m 32 and don’t do anything for a living because I have been terminally ill since I was born. I have Cystic Fibrosis and there is no cure. I have been in a hospital more times than you have fingers and toes. And the current politicians think I could have chosen a healhier lifestyle and thus I’m a burden on society so my healthcare should be taken away.

Now you know why I despise this half of America and the voter base that perpetrates this evil. Same people who hide behind a flag and tell me patriotic BS.
I am sorry to hear about your Illness. I have a very good friend that has CF and is 41 years old now. Enjoys everday and has a positive outlook on life and our country.

I have two special needs children that both have the same genetic disorder and there are only 86 documented cases in the world. They just so happen to be the only siblings with this in the world. Lucky us I know. They have more seizures and delays then you could imagine so I do know about many hospital visits and health care costs. I still love this country and view everyday being in this country a blessing.

My two sisters were brutally murdered 3 years ago. My wife and I adopted their 6 children and now raise them with our two special needs kids. You may ask where the fathers are? One of them killed my two sisters and died from ALS a year later. The other is a cronic alcoholic and near death. I still love this country and what it has to offer me and my family. I do not cry to the government to come save me because the tough hand we have been dealt in life. My wife and I both go to work each day and try to make the most out of life in this great country for me and all these kids that no longer have parents.

Bottom line is life is not always fair. I choose not to sit in a corner and bitch about what has happen in mine. I appreciate everything this country has to offer and feel very fortunate to live here. Showing some respect to the flag and what it means to me is the least I can do. Just my opinion.

Last edited by bmp8878; 10-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #37
Viking6

Quote:
Bottom line is life is not always fair. I choose not to sit in a corner and bitch about what has happen in mine. I appreciate everything this country has to offer and feel very fortunate to live here. Showing some respect to the flag and what is means to me is the least I can do. Just my opinion.
You and your wife a true heroes. Your parents should be very proud.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #38
chris_ac

Quote:
I am sorry to hear about your Illness. I have a very good friend that has CF and is 41 years old now. Enjoys everday and has a positive outlook on life and our country.

I have two special needs children that both have the same genetic disorder and there are only 86 documented cases in the world. They just so happen to be the only siblings with this in the world. Lucky us I know. They have more seizures and delays then you could imagine so I do know about many hospital visits and health care costs. I still love this country and view everyday being in this country a blessing.

I had my two sisters brutally murdered 3 years ago. My wife and I adopted their 6 children and now raise them with our two special needs kids. You may ask where the fathers are? One of them killed my two sisters and died from ALS a year later. The other is a cronic alcoholic and near death. I still love this country and what it has to offer me and my family. I do not cry to the government to come save me because the tough hand we have been dealt in life. My wife and I both go to work each day and try to make the most out of life in this great country for me and all these kids that no longer have parents.

Bottom line is life is not always fair. I choose not to sit in a corner and bitch about what has happen in mine. I appreciate everything this country has to offer and feel very fortunate to live here. Showing some respect to the flag and what is means to me is the least I can do. Just my opinion.
Tragic for sure, but if your job can afford the healthcare costs and your everyday living expenses on top of that, then you’re not in the same boat as me and thus your blessings. Health should not be a business and yes, the government should care about the well being of its citizens of all walks and that includes the disabled who were born with no choice. If you vote for the party who wants to dismantle that, you have blinders on and thus constantly blessed. Just my opinion.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #39
bmp8878

Quote:
Tragic for sure, but if your job can afford the healthcare costs and your everyday living expenses on top of that, then you’re not in the same boat as me and thus your blessings. Health should not be a business and yes, the government should care about the well being of its citizens of all walks and that includes the disabled who were born with no choice. If you vote for the party who wants to dismantle that, you have blinders on and thus constantly blessed. Just my opinion.
My two children (teenagers now) will never have a "normal" life. They will be living with us for the rest of our lives. They were both born with this disorder and did not have a choice. My wife and I view it differently than you when it comes to the government not caring. The research and medical professionals in this great country we will forever be thankful for. The goverment does play a role in providing this to us whether you chose to believe it or not. There is no other place I would rather live then here when it comes to my health care and medial facilities for my disabled children.

Last edited by bmp8878; 10-13-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #40
chris_ac

Quote:
My two children will never have a "normal" life. They will be living with us for the rest of our lives. They were both born with this disorder and did not have a choice. My wife and I view it differently than you when it comes to the government not caring. The research and medical professionals in this great country we will forever be thankful for. The goverment does play a role in providing this to us whether you chose to believe it or not. There is no other place I would rather live then here when it comes to my health care and medial facilities for my disabled children.
You do realize they want to seriously take away pre-existing conditions from healthcare coverage? I find that very offensive and you should too. My costs are already going to shoot up for me personally next year because of red state politicians not forking up funding. For all the bravado I get from my doctors about the care they offer, it’s not what’s it cracked up to be. I wish I could move, but I’m at the late stages of CF and just staying in my home nearly everyday is all I can do to extend my life. I live with my parents and I wouldn’t have been here today without them, but that’s where my blessings end. It’s just me and my parents. The world is not kind. We get by like everyone, but realize the ignorance and arrogance apparent in certain states and the anthem kneeling in question is a way to push back. I applaud it.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #41
bmp8878

Quote:
You do realize they want to seriously take away pre-existing conditions from healthcare coverage? I find that very offensive and you should too. My costs are already going to shoot up for me personally next year because of red state politicians not forking up funding. For all the bravado I get from my doctors about the care they offer, it’s not what’s it cracked up to be. I wish I could move, but I’m at the late stages of CF and just staying in my home nearly everyday is all I can do to extend my life. I live with my parents and I wouldn’t have been here today without them, but that’s where my blessings end. It’s just me and my parents. The world is not kind. We get by like everyone, but realize the ignorance and arrogance apparent in certain states and the anthem kneeling in question is a way to push back. I applaud it.
I think we just simply don't agree on this issue, however, I do respect your opinion. Good luck moving forward and wish you the best.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #42
chris_ac

Fair enough. GL to you and your family.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #43
quackhead

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your condition. Healthcare is definitely a big mess. Do you think they should do away with the Olympic medal ceremony?
Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #44
preakness

Quote:
Simple question:
Why is it the government's responsibility to pay for your health care?

Is paying for your health care more important than keeping my neighborhood safe?

I'm sorry for what you unfortunately were born with and I hope you life a long and happier life. However, why should the government pick up the tab?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #45
chris_ac

Quote:
Simple question:
Why is it the government's responsibility to pay for your health care?

Is paying for your health care more important than keeping my neighborhood safe?

I'm sorry for what you unfortunately were born with and I hope you life a long and happier life. However, why should the government pick up the tab?
Healthcare should be regulated. Leaving hospitals and insurance companies to decide the charges for everything from the room to medications to the procedures, is absolutely nuts. $1000 for a bag of saline is not kosher. $300 for a single dose of Advil is not right either.

As for your neighborhood crime mention, guess what, they should pay for both. Safety and health are two fundamentals of a civilized society. Not funding either and letting private business handle it is downright cowardice and simply puts lives at stake. The function of government is much higher than the fuglys believe in the Republican party. When it’s left up to someone else, nothing gets paid for and people suffer.

Also, don’t say sorry you’re unfortunately unhealthy. I take that as a slight. Healthy people take their lives for granted so much so they say sorry to me when they don’t mean it. Even doctors do it out of habit.

Last edited by chris_ac; 10-14-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #46
chris_ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
Sorry to hear about your condition. Healthcare is definitely a big mess. Do you think they should do away with the Olympic medal ceremony?
While flags at the Olympics are a big thing, it’s still overblown in my opinion. Goes along with another American issue, calling way too many people heroes. That’s that patriotic BS and selling the public a distraction to keep believing in faulty thinking. We can’t tell real difference makers from fake ones anymore. Just because you help your fellow man, doesn’t mean you’re a hero. Whatever happen to just doing it because it’s the right thing and the human thing to do? No media involved whatsoever. Just afford the helping hand on your own conscious.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #47
preakness

Quote:
Healthcare should be regulated. Leaving hospitals and insurance companies to decide the charges for everything from the room to medications to the procedures, is absolutely nuts. $1000 for a bag of saline is not kosher. $300 for a single dose of Advil is not right either.

As for your neighborhood crime mention, guess what, they should pay for both. Safety and health are two fundamentals of a civilized society. Not funding either and letting private business handle it is downright cowardice and simply puts lives at stake. The function of government is much higher than the fuglys believe in the Republican party. When it’s left up to someone else, nothing gets paid for and people suffer.

Also, don’t say sorry you’re unfortunately unhealthy. I take that as a slight. Healthy people take their lives for granted so much so they say sorry to me when they don’t mean it. Even doctors do it out of habit.

should gym shoes be reguated

$135 for a pair of shoes that cost $8 to make is nonsnese

should the government step in there too?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #48
preakness

Quote:

What should I say then about your health?
ironic how you want to control my words
get over yourself, quit feeling sorry for yourself and quit blaming the government

they had nothing to do with your health condition
Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #49
preakness

Quote:
While flags at the Olympics are a big thing, it’s still overblown in my opinion. Goes along with another American issue, calling way too many people heroes. That’s that patriotic BS and selling the public a distraction to keep believing in faulty thinking. We can’t tell real difference makers from fake ones anymore. Just because you help your fellow man, doesn’t mean you’re a hero. Whatever happen to just doing it because it’s the right thing and the human thing to do? No media involved whatsoever. Just afford the helping hand on your own conscious.
Who in your opinion are heroes or have been heroes?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #50
chris_ac

Quote:
should gym shoes be reguated

$135 for a pair of shoes that cost $8 to make is nonsnese

should the government step in there too?
Products as you’re describing are not life and death. Healthcare is, especially for people like me with genetic disorders. Secondly, you have choices with shoes. Get the cheaper ones if you don’t want Nike.