Blowout Cards Forums
spook

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Topps Now

Notices

Topps Now Post your Topps Now Hobby Talk

Old Today, 11:05 AM   #8626
joejoemay

For the inside scoup on Now join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow/

MORNING ALL, As you may have seen the Now Group is expanding though we have yet to reach 100 but spread the word as this is our place to buy sell and trade what is going to be the most limited run of Topps card sets ever. Keith Olbermann quite possibly one of the most noted baseball card collectors on the planet collects these (like him or not...remember no politics) is an avid proponent and collector of these cards.

Each day as I get through my e-mail and Facebook comments I will update the spreadsheet and get it out with the days news. This is normally before I do my buy for the day so get with me if you missed something or I have talked you into buying something. Only one new guy today Steve and Steve is looking for:

14 Addison Russell 4/11/2016 331 Cubs
1st App 1st Cub
26 John Lackey 4/18/2016 244 Cubs
1st App Cub 2016 SP

1st App and Base Set SP 1st Cub
40 Jake Arrieta 4/28/2016 365 Cubs 2nd App

Yes I know every Cub fan on the planet want these 1st two cards and the #40 is a tough find but this is what make Now cards so AWESOME. There are only 224 Cubs sets in 2016 and that is not enough (Even at 2K it wouldn't be enough).
So my eBay bill hit today and there goes $1500, so you can see why I've invited Jake "Twinsjake" to be a part of the group, he is much younger then I and has more energy and has more patience with some of the real "Cheap" buyers of Now. I honestly want him to succeed in this business model (Flipping Now) that is a losing endeavor every time I run the numbers. If you can cut out eBay and use Friends and Family via PayPal with those you trust. Because the only people making a profit on these right now is Topps, eBay and PayPal.

If you are having some buyers remorse about the Rockies Base Relic over the Cubs at Wrigley Jim (a Cubs Fan) is looking for one to add to his Cubs base collection so tack on 10% and post it up on the https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow/ for him to see...fairly sure I just got one and will see if I can score another for him but figured I'd ask you guys first. I think he deserves a Purple with a Rockies logo on it!

So attached is the new Spreadsheet and you will find at the far left end to very rare 2016 Cubs that I owe Steve as soon as the Cubs Marquee Card comes in...Steve has expensive tastes as every card he was looking for has a $100 or about asking price on eBay. I am offering the much lower, for a limited time.
Again I only have very limited amounts of the 14, 26 and 40 and I am not parting with them so if you have them hook Steve up. It kind of shows you what cards continue to do will each year....THE WORLD SERIES WINNER...still a ton of 2017 very limited Astros cards out there and if the Brewers take it all...there are a lot of very under priced short printed Brewers cards from 2018.

Blowout: I am posting less and less on Blowout because it does little for me in the terms of sales and is an incredible amount of work answering questions daily about print runs and such. Don't get me wrong I love doing it, just want to do it in a "Safe Space" that might actually make me a few sales. Love Fish and Houdini and it is great what they do and have done but I can only take so much Now bashing...I am in this for Fun First and some of those guys just get my blood pressure up (actually had to get on meds). If/when Topps Now has a Official Forum I will be all in but until them, I read Blowout less then Jeeves does.

Jeeves: Mentioned some nice surprises for Living and Now before the end of the year...so keep your eyes pealed.

Today's Cards:
Living: Last day for Living orders of
91. JD Martinez
92. Francisco Mejia
93. Evan Gattis

I was a big fan of these in the beginning (Wife hates them)....the cartoon like looks have went away for the most part but with the Gregg thing (Topps states there is no proof Gregg counterfeited Living cards), the crazy high print runs and flippers buying 1000's and flipping at $5 forever I see little upside. Great set to collect...yes, I am and am all in (got at least one of each), but I buy few and it seems most of you do not either. After this week, please go to Jake for your Living needs...though I will still be listing past ones on the spreadsheet that I have for sale (I take a gamble now and then that the PR will drop). Those who ordered this week from me, you are good I have a 20 stack of each I am buying. As you also can see from the spreadsheet most that I have listed are still for sale for $5..."This is why this set is in trouble", there is no after marked value even 3 weeks after "sold out"

TBT:

Haven't got the 86's in yet am excited but worried I didn't buy enough to cover for all the GDed off centering on this set. I see these all over eBay and 90% are off by at least a little. Lots of interest in past sets so if you have them dig them out....Jake did, I did (I put them back in their hole though since they are mostly off center and worthless then what I paid for them), you should at least look. Player collectors are after these big time. The 64 design set is great...especially with Walker Buehler leading the way. The guy is amazing and after Tommy John surgery even better...Guess who was a rookie in 64? That's right the man himself...Tommy John
208. Walker Buehler
209. Ronald Acuna Jr.
210. Aaron Judge
211. George Springer
212. Brock Holt
213. Christian Yelich

You still have time to get these...so more about those later.

Now:
MLS: Has two cards up, get with Jake fast to get these...since San Antonio didn't get a MLS team I have been only buying these now and then. Jake is the guy to talk to on these if you are really interested. A 2016 set did sell for $2K this year so if you are into MLS, it is an amazing and very short printed set.

Inline image
Still up at $89.99...think it might have been a stretch on these but if you didn't get the /99, I do think this is a sweet card. If I can get Jeremy or one of my other All buyers to pay up in the next few hours I might pick one up...otherwise I will be happy with a /99

Inline image

Love this JBJ card...but there is one of his highest printed cards that is impossible to find.

70 Jackie Bradley Jr. 5/13/2016 363 Red Sox 1st $14.99
86 Jackie Bradley Jr. 5/20/2016 492 Red Sox 2nd $10.00
94 Jackie Bradley Jr. 5/24/2016 438 Red Sox 3rd $9.99
121 Jackie Bradley Jr. 6/2/2016 456 Red Sox 4th $9.99
229 Jackie Bradley Jr. 7/7/2016 349 Red Sox 5th $11.90
BOS-06 Jackie Bradley Jr. 10/4/2016 612 Red Sox 6th None Avail
OD-023 Jackie Bradley Jr. 4/1/2017 438 Red Sox 7th $8.00
361 Jackie Bradley Jr. 7/16/2017 546 Red Sox 8th None Avail
627 Jackie Bradley Jr. 9/19/2017 269 Red Sox 9th PSP $6.99
PS073 Jackie Bradley Jr. 10/1/2017 423 Red Sox 10th $6.48
OD-20 Jackie Bradley Jr. 2/19/2018 452 Red Sox 11th $4.74
PW-22 Jackie Bradley Jr. 9/4/2018 311 Red Sox 12th $15.00
888 Jackie Bradley Jr. 10/14/2018 Red Sox 13th

Those prices are eBay prices...I have very few of the 2017 #361...this and today's are the JBJ card to own.

Inline image
This one might look like another two more guys same team card that will sell for $5.50 forever but you have to look no further then Benny's last few cards. Many said this guy was the true superstar rookie of 2017, the one that was over looked...and it is starting to pan out. You should be buying every last one of Benny's cards I know I am and I hate the Red Sox!

Inline image
I know another Springer Card...the guy is a beast and so is Bregman. Astros are here to stay and going to be a pain to beat for like the next decade. Get his older cheaper cards with the low print runs...you do your own homework on that as I am on the hunt for more. Anyone interested in my 2017 ASG autograph rainbow of Springer (including the 1/1)? Good luck...I'm not selling! :-)

Inline image

This was a nice Fun fact that the Fred's came up with...should print kind of low and will be a great card regardless of what team wins. Same goes for those over looked Match Up cards that came out the other day. Did you get yours?
http://toppsnowtoday.com/
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #8627
Cam Brady

Remember with the Taco Bell cards it says you have to buy the HAT as well. They arent supposed to just let you buy the cards.
Cam Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:19 AM   #8628
TwinsJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Brady View Post
Remember with the Taco Bell cards it says you have to buy the HAT as well. They arent supposed to just let you buy the cards.
We'll see. Fast food promotions aren't always what they're intended to be. No one is going to be shocked if I buy a hat and walk away with 30 packs.
PayPal TwinsJake88@yahoo.com PM/E-MAIL Q'S
TwinsJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #8629
joejoemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsJake View Post
We'll see. Fast food promotions aren't always what they're intended to be. No one is going to be shocked if I buy a hat and walk away with 30 packs.
I got all the minions in one go! I can do this!!!
http://toppsnowtoday.com/
joejoemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #8630
Cam Brady

Ha. There is a picture on the hat in USA Today article. If it’s $9.99 for the hat and cards it wouldn’t shock me. When they did a Hoops Basketball set a few years ago you could just buy packs. You probably can make money with this promo if you are in the area where the packs are going to be.
Cam Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #8631
kpete42

Does the hat have both a Topps Now and Taco Bell logo on it? Talk about combining a lot of my drunk purchases onto one item!
kpete42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #8632
okumeister

The official Taco Bell website has pic of the cap (if design stays the same as pictured), and more details to the promotion.
https://www.tacobell.com/steal-a-base-2018

By reading this, it seems that the promo pack cards will be considered #1-6, and then the actual first player stealing base to be #7 available via Topps.com, though I'm not sure if numbering will really be that way.

And I think we have answer to who the 6 cards in promo pack will be.

"The Topps cards pack will include six Taco Hero cards each with their own exclusive imagery and stats with a seventh TOPPS NOW® card ready to be collected from Topps.com 24 hours after the base is stolen. After all, TOPPS NOW® baseball cards capture the greatest moments as they happen, and what better way to celebrate a historical moment in taco history."

"America’s 2018 Taco Hero will join the likes of Cameron Maybin, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jason Bartlett, Ángel Pagán, Lorenzo Cain and Francisco Lindor who have all won free tacos for America in past World Series and gone down in “Steal a Base, Steal a Taco” history."
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #8633
TwinsJake

Oh man Jason Bartlett lol
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #8634
kpete42

It’s really amazing thinking that Jacoby Ellsbury was once an elite player performing at the highest level in the World Series.

Also, my money is on Cain joining this list for a second time.
kpete42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #8635
TwinsJake

I don't know. I could see Ryan Braun. Dude just wants to run. He don't care about anything. Just go. Unless Yelich is in front of him unable to make up his mind.
Old Today, 02:33 PM   #8636
HadWayTooMuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoemay View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToppsNow/

I just posted Card prices for 2018 #800 to Today...is one reason. One card is almost to $100 asking price already...
Then I guess we should buy the one for $14.89 instead of the one for $99.99...
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #8637
okumeister

New cards are up.
They took my(?) advise and are now (re-)showing glimpse of the back side images!
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #8638
gguffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
Then I guess we should buy the one for $14.89 instead of the one for $99.99...
You're responsible if his blood pressure goes up.
gguffey is online now   Reply With Quote