Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #126
HP7163
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer03 View Post
I seen we tried to trade for Earl Thomas during the draft. They never responded. We had offered up our 3rd pick. Since they didnt respond we took Gallup. So now we could also have upper hand, as no deal was made for Earl. Which could affect his value they say. Meaning now we can offer a 2019 3rd Round pick and potentially still land him. Time will tell.
Word is they wanted a 2nd and Dallas wouldn’t give it up. Now it’s a waiting game since he could hold out for his new contract. I don’t expect to get him but who knows
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #127
escapegoat

Quote:
The Dallas Morning News reports suspended DE Randy Gregory will apply for reinstatement this month.
Gregory was suspended all of 2017 after being banned for all but two games in 2016, and TMZ Sports reported he failed another drug test last spring while he was suspended. If the report is true, it could make it difficult for him to gain reinstatement. Once Gregory files, he will have to meet with Roger Goodell before the commissioner makes a decision. The Cowboys should find a place for the former second-round pick if he gets cleared.
I know he’s screwed up a lot but i’m pulling for him to figure it all out. not even a dallas fan but i think he can be special if he clears his antics and plays a full season.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #128
dfr52

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post
I know he’s screwed up a lot but i’m pulling for him to figure it all out. not even a dallas fan but i think he can be special if he clears his antics and plays a full season.
I hope he has his life in order and gets another opportunity. Dion Jordan struggled with substance abuse but seems to finally be in a position to play, hopefully Gregory can get to that point. Gregory comes from a supportive two parent family (his dad played football at Northwestern and then went into the military) and is pretty intelligent.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #129
dfr52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
If Dallas is truly committed to pounding the rock, Scarborough is a perfect battering ram COP back they've needed for a while. Zeke can do most of the dirty work and send Bo in to beat up on the tired team late in the game. Throw in Rod Smith and Trey Williams and it looks like they have a decent little crop of young RB's.

I am shocked at how Dallas has become in no time at all. The oldest player on the Roster is LP Ladouceur now.
It is amazing how young this team has become in such a short time span.

Bo can follow Elliott's physical style of play but I am concerned if he can stay healthy. Going back to high school he has had issues with staying healthy.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #130
dfr52

I would love Thomas to be on the team but just based on the scouting reports the Cowboys drafted very well. Armstrong could be the steal of the group which is saying something considering where Williams and Gallup were drafted.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #131
TheVolta

Man, the Connor Williams box jump video is pretty awesome!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018...ssive-box-jump
Old 05-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #132
starfox

We need a couple of safeties.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #133
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
We need a couple of safeties.

Welcome to the NFL, everyone needs two good safeties.

Some teams have one.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #134
starfox

I'll take that. I think we're a couple safeties and a defensive tackle away.
Quote:

Some teams have one.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #135
dfr52

Quote:
I'll take that. I think we're a couple safeties and a defensive tackle away.

I would love to see them add a true one technique. Its not going to happen but it would help the defense.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #136
dfr52

Quote:

Some teams have one.
Free safety is the most difficult position to find in the NFL. QB is always brought up because of the importance in today's game but as HBMC pointed out few teams even have one quality safety (and this usually a SS).
Old 05-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #137
hanstess

T Will arrested for public intoxication. Idiot!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...c-intoxication
Old 07-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #138
escapegoat

Randy Gregory conditionally reinstated.

i still have hopes for this guy.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #139
dfr52

Quote:
Randy Gregory conditionally reinstated.

i still have hopes for this guy.
Said that he has been clean for over a year, and currently training with Greg Townsend.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #140
escapegoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
Said that he has been clean for over a year, and currently training with Greg Townsend.
awesome news

i dont follow the Boys very hard.. is there a spot for him on the D line?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #141
starfox

Quote:
awesome news

i dont follow the Boys very hard.. is there a spot for him on the D line?
As long as there is quarterback lined up against our defense, there is.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #142
JHH

Wish him the best! Hope he can return to the way he plays with the training with Greg.
JHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:33 AM   #143
starfox

Greg Ellis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHH View Post
Wish him the best! Hope he can return to the way he plays with the training with Greg.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #144
JHH

Quote:
Greg Ellis?

His trainer Greg Townsend lol
JHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #145
starfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHH View Post
His trainer Greg Townsend lol
Ok.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #146
TheFrenzy

So what's everyone's gut feeling at the moment?

I'm getting the feeling that our ceiling is probably 10-6 and worst case scenario is 6-10. I think our defense (for the first time in a long time) will do more to keep us in games than our offense. I just feel like our offense is too "fragile" in the sense that any game where Zeke gets shut down is almost certainly going to be a loss and I'm thinking 7-9 is our most likely record.

Also, anyone noticed a distinct shift in how our offense line is perceived by the sports media? After such dominating performances in 2015 and 2016, it's a bit surreal to see the line described as "they win more battles than they lose." Maybe someone like HMBC can break it down, but seems like one of the risks in investing so much into your O-line is that it really only takes one weak link to wreck things. (Not that I regret them drafting three potential HOFers on the line, I doubt they could have made any better picks in those three first rounds.)
Old 08-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #147
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
So what's everyone's gut feeling at the moment?
Cautiously optimistic. I do think Dallas can win 10 games, but they could easily lose 9.

The draw of both South Divisions can be a blessing and a curse. The NFC South is probably the deepest Division in football in terms of QB play and raw talent, but that Division tends to be good one year and mediocre the next.

The AFC South has one really great Defense with a bit of a pedestrian offense in the Jags, a total wildcard team if they're healthy in the Texans, a team that doesn't wow but is solid in the Titans and a relative mess in the Colts.

They also draw the Seahawks and Lions, neither one of which are expected to contend for their respective Divisions, but neither one should be taken for granted either.

Quote:
I'm getting the feeling that our ceiling is probably 10-6 and worst case scenario is 6-10. I think our defense (for the first time in a long time) will do more to keep us in games than our offense. I just feel like our offense is too "fragile" in the sense that any game where Zeke gets shut down is almost certainly going to be a loss and I'm thinking 7-9 is our most likely record.
We're of the same mind, 10-6 seems to be the ceiling barring injuries for other teams (that is the penultimate factor for every team). If they manage to slog through this schedule and get 10 wins, they'll have absolutely earned a playoff spot.

Quote:
Also, anyone noticed a distinct shift in how our offense line is perceived by the sports media? After such dominating performances in 2015 and 2016, it's a bit surreal to see the line described as "they win more battles than they lose." Maybe someone like HMBC can break it down, but seems like one of the risks in investing so much into your O-line is that it really only takes one weak link to wreck things. (Not that I regret them drafting three potential HOFers on the line, I doubt they could have made any better picks in those three first rounds.)
I think the O-Line played better in 2014 than they did in 2016. Less mistakes down the field, more wide open holes and smarter situational rushing schemes. Sweeps were a lot more prevalent in 2014 and a lot of teams couldn't handle it when they were already worn down. If Zeke was on the team in 2014, he would've annihilated Eric Dickerson's record IMO. His giggyup is real and it was really frustrating watching Demarco get fetched because he didn't have long speed. I'm perfectly content with the media ignoring the Cowboys at this point.

As for the personnel, with Tyron being fully healthy and avoiding surgery, that will be absolutely huge. Throw in a more confident and long term signed La'el Collins and a freshly paid Zack Martin, we should have this line to admire for at least the next three seasons. Connor Williams looks like he is adapting well and I still cannot believe he fell to 50. I feel like he was one of the biggest steals in the Draft based on his NCAA tape. He had one bad play against SF in the first preseason game and adapted quickly to avoid doing it again. Marcus Martin getting dinged certainly doesn't help depth, I was hoping he was going to be a solid rotational guy who has some girth, but his big toe got torn up so he'll miss the season. Joe Looney is still around as well as Kadeem Edwards. I am curious to see how these guys shake out. Fredbeard doing Fredbeard things will be nice in 2018.

I haven't been as locked in as I usually am, just need a sabbatical from football once and a while.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #148
dfr52

Quote:
Cautiously optimistic. I do think Dallas can win 10 games, but they could easily lose 9.

The draw of both South Divisions can be a blessing and a curse. The NFC South is probably the deepest Division in football in terms of QB play and raw talent, but that Division tends to be good one year and mediocre the next.

The AFC South has one really great Defense with a bit of a pedestrian offense in the Jags, a total wildcard team if they're healthy in the Texans, a team that doesn't wow but is solid in the Titans and a relative mess in the Colts.

They also draw the Seahawks and Lions, neither one of which are expected to contend for their respective Divisions, but neither one should be taken for granted either.

We're of the same mind, 10-6 seems to be the ceiling barring injuries for other teams (that is the penultimate factor for every team). If they manage to slog through this schedule and get 10 wins, they'll have absolutely earned a playoff spot.

I think the O-Line played better in 2014 than they did in 2016. Less mistakes down the field, more wide open holes and smarter situational rushing schemes. Sweeps were a lot more prevalent in 2014 and a lot of teams couldn't handle it when they were already worn down. If Zeke was on the team in 2014, he would've annihilated Eric Dickerson's record IMO. His giggyup is real and it was really frustrating watching Demarco get fetched because he didn't have long speed. I'm perfectly content with the media ignoring the Cowboys at this point.

As for the personnel, with Tyron being fully healthy and avoiding surgery, that will be absolutely huge. Throw in a more confident and long term signed La'el Collins and a freshly paid Zack Martin, we should have this line to admire for at least the next three seasons. Connor Williams looks like he is adapting well and I still cannot believe he fell to 50. I feel like he was one of the biggest steals in the Draft based on his NCAA tape. He had one bad play against SF in the first preseason game and adapted quickly to avoid doing it again. Marcus Martin getting dinged certainly doesn't help depth, I was hoping he was going to be a solid rotational guy who has some girth, but his big toe got torn up so he'll miss the season. Joe Looney is still around as well as Kadeem Edwards. I am curious to see how these guys shake out. Fredbeard doing Fredbeard things will be nice in 2018.

I haven't been as locked in as I usually am, just need a sabbatical from football once and a while.
I agree on the 2014 OL and the offense in general. Elliott might have carried that team to a Super Bowl victory. Murray had a good season but he lacks the physical abilities of Elliott who is a stronger runner with more speed and agility.

The OL will be fine as long as they stay healthy and the depth isn't bad with Looney and Fleming. Even Edwards is showing some potential as a back-up.

If the team stays healthy I can see them in the 10-11 win range as the offense should be more efficient and the defense is beginning to play better with the investments of premium picks. I am eager to see Gregory play in a pre season game and I wonder who the starting week one DT's are.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #149
Playmaker88x

As long they don’t get into the shotgun formation on 3rd and 1 we will have a solid year on offense. Just wish there was room at WR for KD Cannon to make the 53 man roster.
#gocowboys
#bayloralum
#WRU
Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #150
TheFrenzy

- INCREDIBLE pick by Awuzie.

- Nice to see T-Will finally catch a touchdown from Dak.

- Really really hoping Martin's knee is ok.