Blowout Cards Forums
Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risquť images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
xbignick

Default Westworld Season 2 Thread

Only a few more weeks!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
xbignick

Already some nice easter eggs in trailer, one that leads to another video:

http://www.delosincorporated.com/freedom/
Old 03-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
crose

I’m ready, my favorite show last year
crose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
hrad_23

I am very excited for this to be back!
Old 03-30-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
Grza

My balls are tingling in anticipation..
Grza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #6
Grza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crose View Post
Iím ready, my favorite show from 2016
Fixed it for you, sorry my OCD had to correct
Old 04-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
xbignick

70 minute episode tomorrow!
Old 04-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #8
golferphil

These violent delights have violent ends...
--Maynard James Keenan
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #9
Ray27Ray52

I'll be DVR'ing it as I have to work Sunday night. But that's probably better because I'll have time during the day Monday to concentrate on it since the kids will be in school. Really looking forward to seeing where they take the story this season.
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #10
jdandns

Returning as Westworld's best character and a key role in "Solo: A Star Wars Story" could make this a pretty good couple of months for Thandie Newton.
Looking forward to the premiere...
Old 04-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #11
coltsnsox07

I should watch it, I loved the guy who was Basquiat and the chick from Norbit & Rocknrolla.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #12
unitasfan

...i had to binge watch the last 4 from last season. Glad I did!
Old 04-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #13
rmw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitasfan View Post
...i had to binge watch the last 4 from last season. Glad I did!
Same. I had the marathon on in the background all day yesterday, but sat down and watched the last 3 because so much happened at the end and I knew that few minute recap in the beginning wasn't going to be enough of a memory jog.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326578@N05/albums
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
ThoseBackPages

i really enjoy this show
are REAL!!!
ThoseBackPages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
Ray27Ray52

I haven't been this confused about a show since Lost( as it was going, not by the end). Love it!

There are at least 5 different time lines going on right now. It's exhausting keeping up.

Grace, the girl who took on the tiger, is the Man in Black's daughter. Any thoughts?
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.

Last edited by Ray27Ray52; 05-08-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #16
Ray27Ray52

Man, this thread is dead.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #17
IndySportsCards

The non-linear storytelling has driven me away from this show. I tried the 1st two episodes from this season and threw my hands in the air, like I just don't care.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #18
xbignick

I thought episode 3 started to clear things up but then maybe again it didn't, we still have Bernard wearing different sets of clothes between the two starts of his timelines and then there may even be more than one Bernard...

I liked the start with the two new characters as I'm getting a little tired of the Wyatt version of Dolores, happy the woman is still alive.

Not sure if we're heading towards real life replacements with them taking DNA of guests but will be interesting to see where that goes. Maybe fits with why this is so important to the Man in Black and why the owner of Delos is all bloodied up in one trailer.

Last edited by xbignick; 05-10-2018 at 01:41 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #19
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
The non-linear storytelling has driven me away from this show. I tried the 1st two episodes from this season and threw my hands in the air, like I just don't care.
It is aggravating I will admit. Episode 3 really was fantastic though. The cold open in a different park should get you hooked again.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #20
rmw10

I thought the first 2 episodes were good but episode 3 looks to be the real starting point for this season.

I'm okay with non-linear storytelling but I don't think they needed to devote basically an entire episode of it with the first episode, since a large majority of that is what we're building up to this season.

Although I loved the Logan scene at the party where they were all revealed to be hosts, episode 2 felt a little out of place. I know they were trying to illustrate that Delores actually has memories, but like episode 1, I don't think they needed to devote 40 minutes to it or whatever.

Episode 3 gets a little more linear and really ramps up where we're headed this season, or at least where they're trying to get us to think that they're going.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326578@N05/albums
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #21
Grza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Grace, the girl who took on the tiger, is the Man in Black's daughter. Any thoughts?
That didnt cross my mind. What indicates she is Williams daughter?
Old 05-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #22
ewilkens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
I don't necessarily buy it either, but the podcast here laid out the theory (and some other fun ones):

https://www.theringer.com/2018/5/8/1...irtu-e-fortuna
ewilkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #23
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Nothing specifically actually. I'm just on board with the theory.

We know William's daughters name is Emily not Grace however that doesn't really mean anything. It could be a simple case of concealing her identity under another name. The character also seems to have quite a lot of knowledge of the park(s). She doesn't seem interested at all in hunting a Tiger, instead she is doodling in her notebook which clearly showed a symbol we have seen before. Also, before she engaged in relations with another guest, she made sure that he was human and not a host. This would lead one to believe that she is aware that the hosts are tracking her movements.

There is even another theory that Charlotte is actually Charlie, who is Arnold/Bernard's son. That it wasn't a son at all but a daughter. The memories of a son who died were implanted in his brain when he became a host.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #24
Grza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilkens View Post
I don't necessarily buy it either, but the podcast here laid out the theory (and some other fun ones):

https://www.theringer.com/2018/5/8/1...irtu-e-fortuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Nothing specifically actually. I'm just on board with the theory.

We know William's daughters name is Emily not Grace however that doesn't really mean anything. It could be a simple case of concealing her identity under another name. The character also seems to have quite a lot of knowledge of the park(s). She doesn't seem interested at all in hunting a Tiger, instead she is doodling in her notebook which clearly showed a symbol we have seen before. Also, before she engaged in relations with another guest, she made sure that he was human and not a host. This would lead one to believe that she is aware that the hosts are tracking her movements.

There is even another theory that Charlotte is actually Charlie, who is Arnold/Bernard's son. That it wasn't a son at all but a daughter. The memories of a son who died were implanted in his brain when he became a host.
Gotcha, thanks.

I actually thought it might have been a young Theresa - looks and sounds like her. And maybe we were watching an 30yr old timeline like season 1. But after seeing how this explains the washed up tiger from "park 6" in Ep1 I don think my theory will pan out haha.

Which also made me think of something else - Ghost Nation. She washes up in Westworld park at the feet of some Ghost Nation members. I started thinking - how did Stubbs escape them back in S1? Little theory - Stubbs escapted their capture and reprogrammed them to protect/save human lives. So this guest would actually be in good hands now if this is true. Also, we saw in Ep2 - they watched the video from a dead Ghost Nation member who was running from Delores and killed by her. And lastly - they were letting Maeve and Hector go - but required they give up the only human in the party - Lee Sizemore. Then they pursued them when they wouldnt give him up.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #25
ewilkens

Quote:
Gotcha, thanks.

I actually thought it might have been a young Theresa - looks and sounds like her. And maybe we were watching an 30yr old timeline like season 1. But after seeing how this explains the washed up tiger from "park 6" in Ep1 I don think my theory will pan out haha.

Which also made me think of something else - Ghost Nation. She washes up in Westworld park at the feet of some Ghost Nation members. I started thinking - how did Stubbs escape them back in S1? Little theory - Stubbs escapted their capture and reprogrammed them to protect/save human lives. So this guest would actually be in good hands now if this is true. Also, we saw in Ep2 - they watched the video from a dead Ghost Nation member who was running from Delores and killed by her. And lastly - they were letting Maeve and Hector go - but required they give up the only human in the party - Lee Sizemore. Then they pursued them when they wouldnt give him up.

I'm on all board with the Ghost Nation theory. I forgot about the reprogramming but it explains why there's not a body on the beach, only the Tiger.
ewilkens is offline   Reply With Quote