Blowout Cards Forums
2018 Big Baller

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #76
rhigh2390

Very nice 4th quarter, but Draymond is frustrating to watch. I wish he would shoot at most 3 times a game. And no 3s lol. I don't know how he's not better at 3s when he is always wide open for them. Why not practice those like crazy and be a legitimate threat?

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/152884306@N08/albums
rhigh2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 PM   #77
rhigh2390

Also, what has happened to Iggy's shot? I don't watch all of GS's games, but he has not looked good at all when I've seen him.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 PM   #78
Rip67vdub

Great road win. 13-game road winning streak continues....
2016-2017 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #79
mfw13

That's wins at Milwaukee, Toronto & Cleveland in a four night span....
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #80
mfw13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Also, what has happened to Iggy's shot? I don't watch all of GS's games, but he has not looked good at all when I've seen him.
Iggy has never had much of an outside shot....he gets hot for a game or two every now and then, but it hasn't happened this year.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #81
mfw13

Quote:
Very nice 4th quarter, but Draymond is frustrating to watch. I wish he would shoot at most 3 times a game. And no 3s lol. I don't know how he's not better at 3s when he is always wide open for them. Why not practice those like crazy and be a legitimate threat?
Like Iggy, he's a streaky outside shooter. It's never been a big part of his game...
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #82
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
Like Iggy, he's a streaky outside shooter. It's never been a big part of his game...
I wish they both wouldn't shoot out there then lol. I really don't know why Draymond doesn't have his 3 point shot perfected. It would open so much more up and he's always wide open anyway.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:22 AM   #83
LincecumPC

Quote:
I wish they both wouldn't shoot out there then lol. I really don't know why Draymond doesn't have his 3 point shot perfected. It would open so much more up and he's always wide open anyway.
I feel like Draymond's perimeter shooting has gotten worse this year. I despise his shot because it always looks like he is shooting downwards, hence why he always front rims misses. Just way too many airballs and bad misses from really open looks for me to even think he should be taking those shots still, although I know he takes them to keep the defense honest.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #84
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
I feel like Draymond's perimeter shooting has gotten worse this year. I despise his shot because it always looks like he is shooting downwards, hence why he always front rims misses. Just way too many airballs and bad misses from really open looks for me to even think he should be taking those shots still, although I know he takes them to keep the defense honest.
I don't watch tape or games like I used to for gambling purpose (years ago) but I'm sure you guys can tell me if his mechanics have changed regarding center balance and or ball positioning from either drive+dribble+ pop+ shot

And or rec pass to triple threat to shooting pocket then positive upward non wasted fluent motion shot ? Esp in the last 2 years since he's obv a glue guy (4th option) where buckets are only a plus an help stretch the opponents D .. etc ?

Haven't had the chance to watch entire warriors games So curious if mechanics are his issue since he knows he isn't getting as many looks so why practice or work on them as hard ? Or is he pressing to contribute in limited opportunity and this rushing his mechanics ? (As you said he sounds hurried )
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:46 AM   #85
rhigh2390

Quote:
It's like he knows it's not expected of him so he doesn't care that he's not a good shooter. He has had more open looks this year than years past, I think. He just hasnt been hitting them. And now teams aren't even running out to him. Even his inside game seems to have regressed. When he's driving inside, he just throws it at the rim and wants a foul call. I'd just prefer him not to shoot instead of killing momentum sometimes.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #86
JustinVerlander07

Draymond's shot hasn't been the same since Kerr yelled at him to stop shooting when he came back to replace Walton. He was shooting 40%+ under Walton who just let him shoot at will. Coincidence? Perhaps.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #87
cnewby

Quote:
It's like he knows it's not expected of him so he doesn't care that he's not a good shooter. He has had more open looks this year than years past, I think. He just hasnt been hitting them. And now teams aren't even running out to him. Even his inside game seems to have regressed. When he's driving inside, he just throws it at the rim and wants a foul call. I'd just prefer him not to shoot instead of killing momentum sometimes.
His form is horrible, needs to stay in his lane.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #88
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewby View Post
His form is horrible, needs to stay in his lane.
Agree. Not sure what that is offensively though. As a Bulls fan, he reminds me of Joakim Noah. Everytime they touch the ball, I shut my eyes and hope they give it to someone else before something bad happens lol. They just don't look natural when they have the ball and they try to do too much.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #89
cnewby

Quote:
Agree. Not sure what that is offensively though. As a Bulls fan, he reminds me of Joakim Noah. Everytime they touch the ball, I shut my eyes and hope they give it to someone else before something bad happens lol. They just don't look natural when they have the ball and they try to do too much.
Its the equivalent of Barkley on the golf course.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #90
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewby View Post
Its the equivalent of Barkley on the golf course.
I don't like golf, so I find Barkley on the golf course pretty funny to watch lol

Old 01-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #91
sigmachi

I have a question for Warriors fans. What's Jordan Bell got to do to get more PT? I believe he was a coach's DNP 2 games in a row before landing in the starting lineup last night. He played very well in 8 1st quarter minutes and then only played like 4 the rest of the game. He was active on defense, crashed the glass, altered a few shots and stayed within the flow of the offense. He's a thoroughbread that they're keeping in the stable for some reason. What's the story for those of you who follow the team closer than I do?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #92
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmachi View Post
I have a question for Warriors fans. What's Jordan Bell got to do to get more PT? I believe he was a coach's DNP 2 games in a row before landing in the starting lineup last night. He played very well in 8 1st quarter minutes and then only played like 4 the rest of the game. He was active on defense, crashed the glass, altered a few shots and stayed within the flow of the offense. He's a thoroughbread that they're keeping in the stable for some reason. What's the story for those of you who follow the team closer than I do?
I'd also like to hear from Warrior fans on this. I loved him in the starting lineup last night. I think Bell and Javale are the only big men that should play for the Warriors. Zaza is horrible and shouldn't be in the NBA lol

Old 01-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #93
mfw13

Quote:
The DNP the previous two games was likely by intent, for the express purpose of getting him rest before the Cleveland game. The Warriors have five viable centers (Zaza, McGee, Bell, Looney, and West), and only about 25-30 minutes a game to distribute among them (since they often play without a true center) and therefore can rotate them to keep them all fresh.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #94
sigmachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
The DNP the previous two games was likely by intent, for the express purpose of getting him rest before the Cleveland game. The Warriors have five viable centers (Zaza, McGee, Bell, Looney, and West), and only about 25-30 minutes a game to distribute among them (since they often play without a true center) and therefore can rotate them to keep them all fresh.
Thank you for the detailed response. Assuming you're correct I don't know how much rest the guy needs though, it's not like he was playing a ton of minutes. Plus he was pretty widely regarded as being a high-motor guy all throughout college and one of the best "athletes" in the entire draft. He's 23, not 40! I understand his situation is different from most other draftees whose teams can afford to let them take their lumps on the court...the Warriors are trying to win another championship. Most of the other teams are more focused on developing the players.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #95
LincecumPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
I don't watch tape or games like I used to for gambling purpose (years ago) but I'm sure you guys can tell me if his mechanics have changed regarding center balance and or ball positioning from either drive+dribble+ pop+ shot

And or rec pass to triple threat to shooting pocket then positive upward non wasted fluent motion shot ? Esp in the last 2 years since he's obv a glue guy (4th option) where buckets are only a plus an help stretch the opponents D .. etc ?

Haven't had the chance to watch entire warriors games So curious if mechanics are his issue since he knows he isn't getting as many looks so why practice or work on them as hard ? Or is he pressing to contribute in limited opportunity and this rushing his mechanics ? (As you said he sounds hurried )
The combination of his flat shooting and his habit of hitching his shot mid motion makes for some really bad misses. Briefly looking at his shooting stats he is shooting his lowest percentage on threes since his rookie year (barely above 30% currently). What I don't like about his approach is that he'll catch the ball beyond the 3 line and be shocked at how open he is, pause, hitch and then shoot. He's shooting a career high .575 on two pointers and from the games I've seen, his 10-15 footers have been solid. Why not take a few steps in for a shorter jumper?

Quote:
I am in total agreement that he always looks to flail his arms, hoping for a foul. I would prefer he actually try to make the layup first than look for contact first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Draymond's shot hasn't been the same since Kerr yelled at him to stop shooting when he came back to replace Walton. He was shooting 40%+ under Walton who just let him shoot at will. Coincidence? Perhaps.
This is news to me. Green is not a shy guy and I can't imagine his confidence being shaken by one incident with Kerr about his shot.

Quote:
I think with Bell, he definitely has been great but on several occasions, he has overplayed defensive positions and been beaten on D. It's not just isolated sequences, but on consecutive plays. He's been huge for the Warriors thus far but he's still learning the nuances of his defensive assignments and his offense still is very raw.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #96
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
This is news to me. Green is not a shy guy and I can't imagine his confidence being shaken by one incident with Kerr about his shot.
I remember in 15-16 there was a huge thing the media blew up about Green screaming at Kerr in the lockerroom at half time, it was largely to do with him taking shots Kerr didn't want him to, if I remember.

Granted, Draymond's shot has never been the prettiest, but it wasn't so flat so often when he was breaking out offensively in 15-16.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 PM   #97
Rip67vdub

Make that 14th straight. Incredible.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #98
LincecumPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip67vdub View Post
Make that 14th straight. Incredible.
On to Houston! Should be another good game.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 PM   #99
LincecumPC

Hard earned win tonight. Insane game by Steph and Kyrie was literally unstoppable. Kyrie is probably who I fear most in the playoffs. If the Celtics can find some consistent scoring other than kyrie, they definitely could beat the Warriors in a series.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:43 AM   #100
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Hard earned win tonight. Insane game by Steph and Kyrie was literally unstoppable. Kyrie is probably who I fear most in the playoffs. If the Celtics can find some consistent scoring other than kyrie, they definitely could beat the Warriors in a series.
Would be a great finals should the Celtics make it.