2017 black Friday wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #51
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
Hopefully the change of scenery for DLo bodes well for him. The franchise (and myself) are all in on the kid turning things around. He should be given more freedom to perform as both a PG and off-ball guard, as well as being in a more structured environment than in LA.
Always love your nets passion. Serious man. I love it. I will be rooting for you guys. I wish my jazz had booker back. We missed him last yr.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #52
yankeesfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
Always love your nets passion. Serious man. I love it. I will be rooting for you guys. I wish my jazz had booker back. We missed him last yr.
Booker is fun, and is a great guy in the locker room. Not sure where he fits on the team though this year. I could see both he and Lin being moved at the deadline.

The Nets have seemed to focus on having shooters or athleticism at 1-4. With RHJ, Carroll, Mozgov, and Allen all candidates to get minutes at the 4/5, I could see Booker getting some backup 4 and 5 minutes, but not starter minutes like last year. Kenny even talked about playing RHJ, who is 6'7", at Center this year in an uber small-ball lineup.

PC: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145636343@N05/albums
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:24 PM   #53
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
Wow, what a pass!

Quote:
It's certainly about upside. But if kuzma is significantly better than Ingram already - which is tbd - that doesn't bode well for the #2 pick. Kuzma looks GOOOOD, which I'm sure isn't sustainable. But I'm just saying I don't really believe in Ingram.

I said the same about DANgelo last year....
IDK Adam, I'm a fan of both. I think Ingram at 20 is completely unknown. Nobody can really say much about the guy except he has a high ceiling. His raw scoring skills point to potential allstar especially with Lonzo at PG getting easy looks but yes today, he is a guy who doesn't look as polished as Kuzma.

As far as D-Lo. He had some great signs early and then after the Nick Young issue their was a serious chemistry issue and lockeroom concern. So this new look in BK is a second chance for him and I expect a pretty big year for him and a ton of growth by the end of next season under a good young coach.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #54
smalltown

Quote:
Kuzma looks GOOOOD, which I'm sure isn't sustainable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
as polished as Kuzma.
Kuzma is going to be the Brogdon/Powell of this year. He just looks ready.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #55
the27guy

Not sure he has the health to live up to the hype, but Rodney hood is going to get a lot of the ball-time that Hayward had last year. He wasn't healthy most of last season, but if he is this year (likely to be a contract year), then lookout.

Also, on the same note, Dante exum and the guy everyone locally is giddy for, Donovan Mitchell should get more opportunities to really shine.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:08 AM   #56
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
Kuzma is going to be the Brogdon/Powell of this year. He just looks ready.

He plays on one of the worst teams in the league .. and at 23 should be
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #57
dasiegel

Quote:
Not sure he has the health to live up to the hype, but Rodney hood is going to get a lot of the ball-time that Hayward had last year. He wasn't healthy most of last season, but if he is this year (likely to be a contract year), then lookout.

Also, on the same note, Dante exum and the guy everyone locally is giddy for, Donovan Mitchell should get more opportunities to really shine.
Donovan Mitchell looks NBA ready. And he plays defense.

My buddy went to the Sixers open scrimmage yesterday and says Ben Simmons looks unreal and was dominating the games without shooting.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #58
sportzluvr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Donovan Mitchell looks NBA ready. And he plays defense.

My buddy went to the Sixers open scrimmage yesterday and says Ben Simmons looks unreal and was dominating the games without shooting.
The Sixers are going to have a real "AAU" feel to them-- and I mean that in the best way possible. Just another team that I'll have to tune in to watch on random week nights this year. My non-basketball nut friends won't get why I have to stay home and watch Sixers-Magic on a Wednesday night...

If there were ever a year to invest in League Pass, this is it
Old 10-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #59
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
The Sixers are going to have a real "AAU" feel to them-- and I mean that in the best way possible. Just another team that I'll have to tune in to watch on random week nights this year. My non-basketball nut friends won't get why I have to stay home and watch Sixers-Magic on a Wednesday night...

Yep, so many young and exciting teams this year. I'm really excited to watch the 76ers actually. I'll also be watching the Nuggets/TWolves this year as well
Old 10-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #60
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post

Lol, dude you can't watch Sixers Magic but i totally agree. So many teams that are a year or 2 away from making some playoff noise like Milwaukee, Minnesota, etc and so many teams that are a year or two away from the playoffs like LAL, new style teams like NOP, just a ton of stuff to look for along with a great rookie class and the best player from last year's class.