Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #126
shrevecity

Well I did not have enough cards in my port left to just sell the port and be worth it, so I marked all mine save a few to 15 cents and am just going to let it run the course. May do some flipping but as with Ebay for the most part my card sales are done.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #127
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Well I did not have enough cards in my port left to just sell the port and be worth it, so I marked all mine save a few to 15 cents and am just going to let it run the course. May do some flipping but as with Ebay for the most part my card sales are done.
You can see how much I like you I bought most of them.

The stickers you can keep.

Will you also stop giving advice ??
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #128
brewcrew82

[QUOTE=jmscoggin;10318490]Random thoughts;

* What happens to my cards if COMC goes kaput?

Its spelled kaputt.

Nothing . There still your cards.

Do you really think there going Belly Up ??
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #129
Swipe79

In the English language, we spell it kaput.

Kaput | Define Kaput at Dictionary.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
Old 01-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #130
JustMoe

Last edited by JustMoe; 01-06-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Just gonna walk way from this one. Sorry brewcrew.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #131
chezball

[QUOTE=brewcrew82;10326394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Random thoughts;

* What happens to my cards if COMC goes kaput?

Its spelled kaputt.

quoted,who wants to take this?
there
T͟Her/
adverb
in, at, or to that place or position.
"we went on to Paris and stayed there eleven days"
used in attracting someone's attention or calling attention to someone or something.
"hello there!"
exclamation
used to focus attention on something and express satisfaction or annoyance at it.
"there, I told you she wouldn't mind!"
used to comfort someone.
"there, there, you must take all of this philosophically"

Last edited by chezball; 01-06-2016 at 02:11 PM.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #132
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post

quoted,who wants to take this?
I'm good, he was talking to the kraut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post

Its spelled kaputt.

No, no it's not, at least not where I live. Should I ever move to Germany, I may feel the need to modify how I spell it but I can't see that happening. Also, it's 'they're'.

Are they? Are you personally guaranteeing any losses I may take should they close the doors and not return my cards to me?

No but I'm not stupid enough to think it isn't a possibility. I grew up shopping at Kmart, Montgomery Wards and Circuit City, my dad had an Oldsmobile, Enron was a behemoth. Things change and giants fall. Make no mistake, COMC is no giant and it is far from rock solid.

Maybe you would tie up six figures of net worth in a business without a written guarantee and wouldn't mind being ignored when asking over and over about it. Me? Not so much. How hard is it to say that if they were to go under that all of our items would be returned to us and that they have an insurance policy solely to ensure that happens?

If I was Tim, the policy would have been drafted and put on the website on day one. I also would have an insurance policy or a self insured cookie jar fund that was set aside for the sole purpose of paying for shipping to send items back in the event of the company going under. What a great marketing tool that would have paid for itself and the money could be an an interest bearing account so should they never go under, it is still earning for them, win/win.

I deserve an answer and I demand an answer and won't stop asking until I get one. It has been said that they have a "contingency plan", great, post it on the website. I've asked at least four different COMC employees over multiple mediums what happens to my cards should they go out of business and each and every one of them rapidly changed the subject. Do you really think that shouldn't concern me?

Last edited by jmscoggin; 01-06-2016 at 02:25 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #133
coreydean

A couple things I would love to see on COMC:

1. The ability to save searches.
2. A mobile app
coreydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #134
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreydean View Post

2. A mobile app
1.) Absolutely
2.) Get off my lawn

Another big one that I've been asking for for sometime is notification if/when something on your watch list drops in price. That can't be terribly hard to program in I would think but then again, see my answer to #2 above.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #135
coreydean

Quote:
1.) Absolutely
2.) Get off my lawn

Another big one that I've been asking for for sometime is notification if/when something on your watch list drops in price. That can't be terribly hard to program in I would think but then again, see my answer to #2 above.
You don't like the mobile app idea?
coreydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #136
shrevecity

Quote:
I'm good, he was talking to the kraut.

No, no it's not, at least not where I live. Should I ever move to Germany, I may feel the need to modify how I spell it but I can't see that happening. Also, it's 'they're'.

Are they? Are you personally guaranteeing any losses I may take should they close the doors and not return my cards to me?

No but I'm not stupid enough to think it isn't a possibility. I grew up shopping at Kmart, Montgomery Wards and Circuit City, my dad had an Oldsmobile, Enron was a behemoth. Things change and giants fall. Make no mistake, COMC is no giant and it is far from rock solid.

Maybe you would tie up six figures of net worth in a business without a written guarantee and wouldn't mind being ignored when asking over and over about it. Me? Not so much. How hard is it to say that if they were to go under that all of our items would be returned to us and that they have an insurance policy solely to ensure that happens?

If I was Tim, the policy would have been drafted and put on the website on day one. I also would have an insurance policy or a self insured cookie jar fund that was set aside for the sole purpose of paying for shipping to send items back in the event of the company going under. What a great marketing tool that would have paid for itself and the money could be an an interest bearing account so should they never go under, it is still earning for them, win/win.

I deserve an answer and I demand an answer and won't stop asking until I get one. It has been said that they have a "contingency plan", great, post it on the website. I've asked at least four different COMC employees over multiple mediums what happens to my cards should they go out of business and each and every one of them rapidly changed the subject. Do you really think that shouldn't concern me?
I agree with all this. Businesses go under everyday, even some of the biggest are not immune. Right now if you follow we are seeing Kmart/Sears on its deathbed. Family Dollar technically bit the dust last year, but Dollar Tree saved them. McDonalds and Burger King are struggling as well.

All it would take would be for a large scale natural disaster to occur and things could get bad real quick and again I think any large submitter who asks should be advised of the contingency plan. To me they are similar to shareholders(in that they are a piece of the business) and you can be damn certain that if there were stockholders involved this plan would be required to be made available.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #137
jmscoggin

Quote:
You don't like the mobile app idea?
I don't dislike it as an idea, I just wouldn't use it. I even hate that there are such things as different web pages for phones. When I click onto a site, I want the full experience and when I want to read a magazine, I want to hold it in my hands and physically turn the pages.

Your idea is right on for today's times, I'm just not the right target demographic, hence "get off my lawn". It was describing me, not attacking you.

Quote:
I agree with all this. Businesses go under everyday, even some of the biggest are not immune. Right now if you follow we are seeing Kmart/Sears on its deathbed. Family Dollar technically bit the dust last year, but Dollar Tree saved them. McDonalds and Burger King are struggling as well.

All it would take would be for a large scale natural disaster to occur and things could get bad real quick and again I think any large submitter who asks should be advised of the contingency plan. To me they are similar to shareholders(in that they are a piece of the business) and you can be damn certain that if there were stockholders involved this plan would be required to be made available.
Exactly right. Why people can't see this, astounds me and why COMC keeps avoiding it, terrifies me.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #138
DaClyde

Quote:

You can already do that with the RSS button on the search results page.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #139
shrevecity

Quote:

Exactly right. Why people can't see this, astounds me and why COMC keeps avoiding it, terrifies me.
It would anyone with common sense. I was always taught to look at the "What ifs" and develop a plan for every scenario, maybe that is just me.

I think some just want to be on the counter point side, I was attacked last week for defending COMC by a COMC cheerleader so that proves to me that they just look for something to argue about.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #140
Cactuspies

Quote:
I don't dislike it as an idea, I just wouldn't use it. I even hate that there are such things as different web pages for phones. When I click onto a site, I want the full experience and when I want to read a magazine, I want to hold it in my hands and physically turn the pages.

Your idea is right on for today's times, I'm just not the right target demographic, hence "get off my lawn". It was describing me, not attacking you.

unless google changed their tune, starting pretty much now if your site is not mobile friendly they were planning on dropping you from search results. I'm not sure how they will do it and monitor it. I believe that is why ESPN and others look and act the way they do now.

also yes I would love to have some updates on the watch list. I may actually buy more than one card a year if they played with it. I used to have about 5 pages worth of watches. I'm down to maybe a page.
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #141
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
unless google changed their tune, starting pretty much now if your site is not mobile friendly they were planning on dropping you from search results. I'm not sure how they will do it and monitor it. I believe that is why ESPN and others look and act the way they do now.
When the change was made from checkoutmycards.com to COMC.com, one of the reasons was to make it more mobile-friendly...for tablets, as well as phones. I used to be on the app bandwagon, but if the website is maintained and continues to work for mobile devices, an app is pretty redundant, and their incredibly limited resources could be used elsewhere...
Old 01-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #142
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
When the change was made from checkoutmycards.com to COMC.com, one of the reasons was to make it more mobile-friendly...for tablets, as well as phones. I used to be on the app bandwagon, but if the website is maintained and continues to work for mobile devices, an app is pretty redundant, and their incredibly limited resources could be used elsewhere...
Are you talking resources as in capital? or just manpower?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #143
JustMoe

Quote:
Are you talking resources as in capital? or just manpower?
That may delve into the "cease and desist" letter I received last year, so I can't elaborate...and, I've been gone since March so it may be a totally different situation there, now, anyways. There could be scores of developers working there now, putting the finishing touches on a "COMC 2.0" soon to be unleashed upon the masses, who knows?

For all intents and purposes, COMC is still a startup and with the Beckett thing happening, they only had so many people in Upper Management to put out fires, and deal with stuff; keeping the doors open took precedence over something that's on the "cool to have" list... they've survived this long without it, is it necessary?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #144
chezball

Comc being located on the west coast,would keep me up at night if I was JMS.
Possible earth quacks,Forest fires,mud slides and flooding,did I leave anything out?
Moe can shed some light as far as if this is possible Meaning are there trees near by.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #145
shrevecity

Quote:
Possible earth quacks,Forest fires,mud slides and flooding,did I leave anything out?
Moe can shed some light as far as if this is possible Meaning are there trees near by.
Volcano.. They are in the Pacific Ring of Fire
Old 01-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #146
Cactuspies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
I find it not very mobile friendly at all. I have to zoom in just to log in and even then I get the pop up for what menu I want to use. Heck I still don't like the search drill down function. I've never done it on a tablet or phone but I'd be ripping out my arm hairs trying to get it to work (try using sportlots on a mobile device too...ugh) I should try to take some screen shots of it.

I do miss checkoutmycards.com

I could see just a simplified version of the site as an app. I understand not wanting to maintain 2 sites one non mobile friendly and one pc/mac friendly
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #147
JustMoe

Quote:
It's the pacific northwest, dude - there's trees everywhere.

But, seriously, you can view the physical property (and surrounding area) via Google maps; it's more a "high-end" industrial area, than anything else. The biggest concern (in regards to natural disasters) would be earthquakes, but even then, every building is engineered with this in mind, to withstand such an event.

Forest fires shouldn't be a concern, neither should flooding or mudslides, since the building is pretty elevated.

My main concern has always been the lack of proper management from within...until that changes, it's my opinion that they're just going to tread water until they get tired and sink.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #148
DaClyde

Quote:
You can see the building on Google and Bing maps. It's just an office building in a suburban business district. Short of a direct lightning strike or meteor, there aren't any "Act of God" type events likely to happen there.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #149
jmscoggin

Quote:
I'm from the NW, none of that stuff concerns me. You know what does? Humans. Humans lie, cheat, steal, embezzle, defraud etc. No tree or mud has ever done anything like that to me but humans have.

COMC is in possession of six figures worth of my cards and they refuse to answer a very simple question. If someone had nothing to hide, why would they do that? Call me a pessimist but my experience has led me to believe one only ignores a question if the answer is going to have a bad or negative outcome for them. Have you experienced different?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #150
chezball

Quote:
I'm from the NW, none of that stuff concerns me. You know what does? Humans. Humans lie, cheat, steal, embezzle, defraud etc. No tree or mud has ever done anything like that to me but humans have.

COMC is in possession of six figures worth of my cards and they refuse to answer a very simple question. If someone had nothing to hide, why would they do that? Call me a pessimist but my experience has led me to believe one only ignores a question if the answer is going to have a bad or negative outcome for them. Have you experienced different?
No I haven't,so if you put all the clues together they have no plan.