superb owl 2018

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
mma138

Default ebay member to avoid

firehorse2223

I purchased 17 total blasters (13/14 prizm basketball) from this person last night . using 6 different payment transactions .

I was unable to make one purchase so I had to use paypal , bank account, and 4 different credit cards.

this person is saying because I made several different transactions , he is over his ebay selling limit . so now he cant follow through ? so he cancels 5 of the 6 orders and sends me a paypal invoice to pay for the other 5 transactions ? I already explained to him I cant make one purchase ! I don't have enough credit . which is why I made the 6 different transactions.

the right thing to do is to send me the product , it was paid for .

he was nice enough to give me free shipping with the new paypal invoice.

I already told him to just cancel the 6th as well . I want nothing to do with this anymore . would you guys feel the same ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Branesergen

Each paypal transaction costs 2.9% PLUS 30 cents. So right off the bat you cost him an additional $1.50, really no big deal but it adds up. Also I'm sure you paid full shipping charges per transaction. Since you mentioned "free" for the remaining 6 or whatever it was then you cost him the time and trouble of refunding you or risking excessive shipping charges.

All in all no different than 6 different people making 6 separate purchases, its just frustrating.

In reality he probably saw it as a scam, someone using other peoples cards and would face a chargeback so he cancelled and tried to get you to put it all on 1 card which is easier to fight if you do chargeback.

I wouldn't have cancelled but I would have cussed you under my breath for the extra work you caused me

My personal opinion, and it means nothing to anyone but me lol, if you cant afford to put it on 1 card, you probably shouldn't be buying basketball cards until you pay down some of your debt or get a larger line of credit. But that's none of my business

Last edited by Branesergen; 10-22-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
Harper

In North Carolina you can’t buy lotto tickets with a credit card.. I feel like this is a good rule of thumb while gambling

Re: op, if I saw tour purchase I’d be very suspicious of a scam as well. I understand your position, but it’s not the first scenario that jumps to mind is all

Last edited by Harper; 10-22-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
sotexcollector

My guess is that he will probably jack the price up with Giannis playing the way he is playing. More than likely, he is looking to double the price on the product. That is just my opinion.
Note: I only ship in the USA.
sotexcollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotexcollector View Post
My guess is that he will probably jack the price up with Giannis playing the way he is playing. More than likely, he is looking to double the price on the product. That is just my opinion.
Considering he invoiced him to pay with a single card or did you miss that part and just jumped to a scummy seller?
Old 10-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
Eyeraze
Banned - PBM

Story seems messy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eyeraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #7
minnesotachill

the ebay completed shows one buyer who bought 17 boxes using 10 different transactions, not 6
minnesotachill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #8
Jasondr91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
In North Carolina you canít buy lotto tickets with a credit card.. I feel like this is a good rule of thumb while gambling

Re: op, if I saw tour purchase Iíd be very suspicious of a scam as well. I understand your position, but itís not the first scenario that jumps to mind is all
Not exactly.....Food Lion (a huge grocery store chain I know you are aware of) allows credit/debit for lottery. Many local, small gas stations will too, the more BFE....

But to comment on this post, I'd recommend NOT using multiple methods for such a single transaction. And I also agree, if the card is maxed out, you probably need to reduce some debt.....retail blaster aren't helping things !
Stupid Upshaw: #10 76ers All Time Scoring Leader 1980-81
Jasondr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #9
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotachill View Post
the ebay completed shows one buyer who bought 17 boxes using 10 different transactions, not 6
correct , the bottom line is they were paid for . he should honor the order .

I can understand the questions marks . but I have 100 percent feedback and was in no way trying to run a scam . also agree that he wasn't looking to relist them at a higher price . since he did send me a invoice for 13 of the boxes with no added shipping . the 4 boxes he does want to follow through with are the ones he increased to 60 a box , I also got those last minute . I don't want anything to do with this member at all at this point .

yes I agree . if my cards are close to being maxed out I probably shouldn't be buying these . I get paid this coming week and I would have been able to pay for all these . just wanted to get in on these boxes before prices get sicker.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #10
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Each paypal transaction costs 2.9% PLUS 30 cents. So right off the bat you cost him an additional $1.50, really no big deal but it adds up. Also I'm sure you paid full shipping charges per transaction. Since you mentioned "free" for the remaining 6 or whatever it was then you cost him the time and trouble of refunding you or risking excessive shipping charges.

All in all no different than 6 different people making 6 separate purchases, its just frustrating.

In reality he probably saw it as a scam, someone using other peoples cards and would face a chargeback so he cancelled and tried to get you to put it all on 1 card which is easier to fight if you do chargeback.

I wouldn't have cancelled but I would have cussed you under my breath for the extra work you caused me

My personal opinion, and it means nothing to anyone but me lol, if you cant afford to put it on 1 card, you probably shouldn't be buying basketball cards until you pay down some of your debt or get a larger line of credit. But that's none of my business

well sellers should be prepared for this if they list a bunch of the same item . I have sold upwards of 14 boxes of the same product and had each person just get one box each
Old 10-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #11
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post

well sellers should be prepared for this if they list a bunch of the same item . I have sold upwards of 14 boxes of the same product and had each person just get one box each
They are prepared - what they're not prepared for is one person making 10 different purchases with 6 different payment methods......
Old 10-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #12
mma138

so if I go food shopping and need to use my atm card and two other credit cards to finish the purchase im a jerk ? come on guys ? the bottom line is this was "paid" for ............. ship me my purchase ............. end of story !!!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #13
realreodeal
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
so if I go food shopping and need to use my atm card and two other credit cards to finish the purchase im a jerk ? come on guys ? the bottom line is this was "paid" for ............. ship me my purchase ............. end of story !!!
If it takes you 3 transactions to pay for groceries then you have a big problem with money management...End Of Story!

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #14
I only pull for

Quote:

Was thinking the same thing.
I only pull for is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #15
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
If it takes you 3 transactions to pay for groceries then you have a big problem with money management...End Of Story!
and that is irrelevant to the whole story . something was paid for and the seller didn't do his part ......... that is it.....

the seller was over his sold items for the month so he had to cancel the transactions ............. that is ridiculous .......... if your limit is 10 why list 11 , 12, or 13 ........
Old 10-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #16
Branesergen

No, the story is you look like you're scamming. He gave you the opportunity to still go thru with the transaction. In person they can check your ID, online you're someone making a purchase with 4 different credit cards and a bank account. If you can't see how that would worry any seller then I don't know what else to say.

You took the most difficult route possible and expect him to trust you. I'm sure he's not upset 1 bit he lost your business. Even if I were to hold up my end and ship if you did this to me, you'd still go in my block list because you're a problem buyer by doing what you did. It's a problem, you may not think so but a ton of sellers will tell you that it is.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #17
realreodeal
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
and that is irrelevant to the whole story . something was paid for and the seller didn't do his part ......... that is it.....

the seller was over his sold items for the month so he had to cancel the transactions ............. that is ridiculous .......... if your limit is 10 why list 11 , 12, or 13 ........
Itís not irrelevant when you used the same example, grow up kid and get your finances in order. End of Story!

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #18
jumbogorilla

OP, what's your ebay ID? I need it just in case I get a request to pay for one card with 17 different micro transactions.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #19
mma138

ha ha ok guys im done with this conversation .
Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #20
The Finest

Quote:
ha ha ok guys im done with this conversation .
Love these threads when someone asks the board for their opinion then gets all upset when the consensus opinion doesn't match theirs.
The Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #21
Orangejello727

why does it matter how someone pays? As long as they pay for the item. Its like me telling you I cannot accept your payment because it came from a CC and not your bank account. Can I do that? Deny you your winning auction because you paid by CC even though I accept CC?
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #22
johnyensmith123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finest View Post
Love these threads when someone asks the board for their opinion then gets all upset when the consensus opinion doesn't match theirs.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's like they posted so they could get people to side with them. Which makes sense sort of.

But at the same time I do think OP has a point. Not sure why seller is saying no to different payments, unless a discount was applied for combined shipping, etc. If there was a discount for combined shipping/same buyer, then it makes sense that seller would not be happy if additional fees were incurred.

Not 100% sure about what exactly happened.
johnyensmith123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #23
johnyensmith123

Quote:

Well said imo... The last paragraph especially is a good suggestion I think. Especially if you're considering cards as a hobby, you really should be careful about prioritizing. This hobby can be dangerously addicting and you need to prioritize life over the hobby.
johnyensmith123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #24
kyleuk21

Whoever needs four credit cards and maxes out his PayPal credit to purchase some blasters has no business buying them and should probably prioritize their life first...

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/151367006@N07/sets/
kyleuk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:34 AM   #25
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleuk21 View Post
Whoever needs four credit cards and maxes out his PayPal credit to purchase some blasters has no business buying them and should probably prioritize their life first...

im not angry guys , and once again this has nothing to do with the point im trying to make . I paid for the product . I should receive it . his story of "i can only sell so much on ebay per month " is lame so if 17 different people bought one of them blasters , he was going to cancel 7 of them ? sorry guys I can only sell 10 of these even though I have 17 listed ............... whatever ......