Blowout Cards Forums
big game 2018

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #1
Big Ben Fan

Default Official 2017-18 Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Hey Guys, figured i Would start up the Pistons Season Thread, I know theres a few fans out there.

Just got back to town and watched with Knicks game, great comeback win off a back-back!

After watching the first three games the team is moving the ball really well on offense, Harris is having a great start to the season shooting the ball well and giving us scoring bursts when we need it.

I think we need to acknowledge that Drummond is currently 100% from the FT if he can keep it up its going to be huge being able to play him in the final minutes plus team wont go to the hack-a-Drum.

I like the look of this team and really hope they keep the ball movement up and should be able to push for 5-6 seed they could even surprise some people

Last edited by Big Ben Fan; 10-22-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Big Ben Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #2
JacobCYE

The team has looked pretty damn good. Hope we can get that Detroit Basketball momentum in the city like we had before last year and get some hype around this team again. The new arena definitely helps. Tobias and the squad been lookin good
Old 10-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #3
mooshoo9795

Andre Drummond 6/6 at free throws!!!
mooshoo9795 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:34 AM   #4
Big Ben Fan

Nice win today, had a rough start but stuck with them through the first and didn't let it get out of hand, took over in the second. Lots of ball movement and extra passes - 32 assists they really started to look like they were having fun out together.

Tobias had another great game, has been the go to guy. Drummond was 50% from the line, sitting at 83% for the season! hope he can keep it up over 50% it will be huge to have him in there at the end of games. Ish had 13 assists, Stanley finally had a decent game on the offense, Bradley another great game on both ends. Was great to Henry get going in the 4th as well.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
pistonsfan

Deeeeeeeeeeettttttttttrrrrrrrrrooooooooiiiiiiiittttttt basketballll
#1 Pistons Fan
Blowout All-Time NBA Draft Moderator
pistonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
dasiegel

The entire starting 5 looked good last night. Love that they got 15 ppg from Stanley. If he can stay away from some 3 balls and be more aggressive I can see a star 2 way guy. Harris is great too.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #7
JacobCYE

Great comeback win tonight for the Pistons. Dre had a really nice night and looks to be turning it around this season. Bench provided that spark big W.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:02 AM   #8
Big Ben Fan

Was a great game today, Galloway hit some huge shots. Tolliver has been great of the bench so glad hes back
Old 10-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #9
JacobCYE

Another big win tonight against Golden State. I think we were 13 point underdogs going in. Really nice to see the team performing after the high hopes we had for last years team. Dre pulled down another 18 boards tonight and added 5 steals! These guys look hungry this year I think the criticism really got to them.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:56 AM   #10
Big Ben Fan

Detroit basketballllllllllll

I'll say it while I can Pistons are #1 in the east!!!

The team looks better and better every game, they are starting to pass the ball and not playing selfish. Rough night on offense for Drummond but going 4-17 but he did his job and pulled down the boards and got 5 steals and 5 assists, hes had some really nice passes this season! Reggie and Avery shot great and another 15 point for Stanley and he is looking better with each game.
Not sure what I can say about Tolliver he has been HUGE in the last couple games and makes a real impact coming off the bench.

I was thinking we would end up 1-2 with one of the loses being close on this road trip but Hopefully we can finish it up 3-0 and hold onto 1st

one last time

DETROIT BASKETBALLLLLLL

Last edited by Big Ben Fan; 10-30-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Big Ben Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #11
cnewby

So is JV coming back as a fan again?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #12
thor_rider08

Even though my man Tobias shot poorly I thought he did a decent job last night overall (not nearly as well as vs Twolves) but the whole team was causing all sorts of disruptions last night. The fact GSW had a massive amount of turnovers was due to the Detroit disruptions and everyone was in on it!

At the end it seemed like they were about to let the GSW take over but they did a darn good job of staying in the game and pulling it out of the bag. The back to back 3's from KD of off 2 traveling turnovers could have been a killer in previous years but we bounced back very nicely esp on a back to back!

I hope they keep this up as the team syncs over the course of the season!

(I'm always hoping Tobes kills it)

Last edited by thor_rider08; 10-31-2017 at 02:50 PM.
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
Stackfan

Don't look now, Pistons are tied for the best record in the league!

Great road wins against the clippers and the warriors. Tobias has been killing it... probably one of the most under-rated players in the league. The bench has been great too.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #14
darscards35kd

Hows Stanimal looking? Ive seen his stats (not great) but wondering if hes passing eye test/affecting the game in other ways

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150771973@N06/albums
darscards35kd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:24 PM   #15
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscards35kd View Post
Hows Stanimal looking? Ive seen his stats (not great) but wondering if hes passing eye test/affecting the game in other ways
I am convinced he can be as good as Stan Van will let him. He is not smooth offensively like Tobias and he doesn't have blazing speed or some unreal skill... but he's pretty damn strong, he put a lot of effort in and he's pretty athletic.

Now that he is playing 35-40 minutes a game his numbers are picking up. Last game he was 6-13 for 15 pts on 3 3's and 3 steals.

He's only 21 so the future can be bright.

Last edited by dasiegel; 10-31-2017 at 05:26 PM.
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 PM   #16
Stackfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I am convinced he can be as good as Stan Van will let him. He is not smooth offensively like Tobias and he doesn't have blazing speed or some unreal skill... but he's pretty damn strong, he put a lot of effort in and he's pretty athletic.

Now that he is playing 35-40 minutes a game his numbers are picking up. Last game he was 6-13 for 15 pts on 3 3's and 3 steals.

He's only 21 so the future can be bright.
Yeah, his first couple games he shot the ball poorly, but i think he's been getting used to his role with the starting unit. His numbers and percentages have picked up the past few games. Even when he wasn't shotting well, Stan kept him because he was helping them in other ways. So he's passing the eye test, and should hold that starting role, until further notice.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:31 AM   #17
darscards35kd

Good god reggie jackson is AWFUL. Dont think Ive seen a bigger hog at the PG position. Just dances around and chucks up horrible shots without even making one pass. He was getting roasted by the NBATV guys all night lol

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150771973@N06/albums
darscards35kd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:44 AM   #18
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackfan View Post
Yeah, his first couple games he shot the ball poorly, but i think he's been getting used to his role with the starting unit. His numbers and percentages have picked up the past few games. Even when he wasn't shotting well, Stan kept him because he was helping them in other ways. So he's passing the eye test, and should hold that starting role, until further notice.
Yea I watched this game very intently as I have some SJ cards and am following his progression. His defense was very strong and he guarded their tougher players. On offense he seems very reluctant to shoot. He reminds me on Kelly Oubre last year. He defers to Harris and Reggie Jackson. But overall the eye test was good. Best +/- of the starting unit and it wasn't an accident, he plays hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darscards35kd View Post
Good god reggie jackson is AWFUL. Dont think Ive seen a bigger hog at the PG position. Just dances around and chucks up horrible shots without even making one pass. He was getting roasted by the NBATV guys all night lol
That was the worst good statistical game I have ever seen. He was such a hog. The NBA TV guys were totally right. There must have been serious eye rolling going on from his teammates. I think the team's growth is kinda maxed out until he leaves.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:31 AM   #19
BigSeph

Pistons have some nice pieces in place. Drummond's free throws are a lot better (70%!). Really like the defense from Avery, he's slowly adjusting to the rest of the team. Stanley Johnson has improved, playing solid defense, just needs to improve his outside shooting. Tobias has always had talent, seems to be a lot more assertive this year.

The one major problem with this team is Reggie Jackson. They would be better if they just started Ish and let Reggie do his Derek Rose impersonation with the 2nd team. There's enough offense between Tobias and Drummond and Avery Bradley that Reggie Jackson's ballhog tendencies really are a net negative with the 1s.

Let him shoot his little heart out with guys like Leuer and Tolliver on the floor. I saw so many stupid plays tonight, Drummond posted up on Clarkson and he can't get him the ball, running a 3 on 1 fast break and he bricks a layup himself, if there was a useful sabermetric stat for basketball players he would have a negative value. Absolutely wrecks any flow or chemistry among the 1s.

WTB Nate Pearson 2017 draft autos
BigSeph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #20
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeph View Post
Pistons have some nice pieces in place. Drummond's free throws are a lot better (70%!). Really like the defense from Avery, he's slowly adjusting to the rest of the team. Stanley Johnson has improved, playing solid defense, just needs to improve his outside shooting. Tobias has always had talent, seems to be a lot more assertive this year.

The one major problem with this team is Reggie Jackson. They would be better if they just started Ish and let Reggie do his Derek Rose impersonation with the 2nd team. There's enough offense between Tobias and Drummond and Avery Bradley that Reggie Jackson's ballhog tendencies really are a net negative with the 1s.

Let him shoot his little heart out with guys like Leuer and Tolliver on the floor. I saw so many stupid plays tonight, Drummond posted up on Clarkson and he can't get him the ball, running a 3 on 1 fast break and he bricks a layup himself, if there was a useful sabermetric stat for basketball players he would have a negative value. Absolutely wrecks any flow or chemistry among the 1s.
Is Drummond really shooting 70% from the line? That's a huge improvement, hope it lasts.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #21
Andy5

Only 3 free throw attempts for the whole game against LA, what's up with that?
Andy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
SirVolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSeph View Post

It still boggles my mind Ish isnít starting.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:06 AM   #23
Big Ben Fan

Nice win against the Bucks and good to see them finish off the back to back against the Kings, they have a habit of loosing to teams they shouldn't after a nice win.

Drummond was 14/16 FT yesterday hes really turned his free throw problems around and is going to be massive to have him in the closing minutes of games. No ones gone for the hack-a-shaq.

Stanley is looking really confident and has turned things around. Tolliver can come in of the bench and give us the spark we need. The bench has been great so far this season.

Loving the ball movement its getting us the wins.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #24
pistonsfan

Solid win, 8-3 !
#1 Pistons Fan
Blowout All-Time NBA Draft Moderator
pistonsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:03 PM   #25
insanepjc

0-7 Dre FTs but they still win! WOOOOOOOO
insanepjc is offline   Reply With Quote